Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited June 2007
    Bumping for Deb hahahaha

Quote:

"BUBBA" Taking care of Marsha!! OK I'M done!! just don't like anyone messin with my "GIRLS" Love Ya, Puppy who is out of here!!

• PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited June 2007
    {{{MARSHA}}} and then there is our little ANgel with us too! How can we lose??? we have the best of all worlds with us!!! "US" and Our Protectors!!!

Gotta go to the doc now, and I feel safe knowing i have Our "BUBBA" and " OUR LORD" who shall we fear I ask???
    Love, Puppy
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited June 2007
    Quote:

Bumping for Deb hahahaha

Quote:

"BUBBA" Taking care of Marsha!! OK I'M done!! just don't like anyone messin with my "GIRLS" Love Ya, Puppy who is out of here!!

YOU SO CUTE BUBBA!!! and My Hero, Puppy
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2007
    Puppy...he looks like a bat!! Bet he's really cute...
    I'm waiting by the curb for the carpet. I brought some snacks to keep us quiet in the room.

Marsha...it's crazy how rads wear you out. Doesn't make sense when all you do is lie there for a few minutes. Keep putting on the aloe cream 2x a day from the start.

Shokk...they were giggling because they were trying on all of your clothes... Make them clean everything now that the storm has passed.xoxo

Kristen...I didn't notice how bad it was from my house. Lots of lightning but not alot of noise. Maybe I was asleep...hehe We crate Ted at night so I didn't hear him whining.

Boo...I with Nicki on the drugs. I was never going to need them...I'm such a happy person..until I called my onc in tears from the hot flashes and he laughed and said he was waiting for my call. My DH is so happy I'm on them and we get along much better.( I think he's slipping me more when I'm not looking in my drinks)

Tracy...ok time to change your picture...not ready to think about snow for a few more months..xoxo

Gotta do some work. Love to all.
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007

i am off for my appointment my love and best wishes go wit every one this morn

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning CG's

Theresa-I hear ya on the drugs. I think I got extra slipped to me also. I really hate the way I feel when I forget to take them too.

Shokk-I knew you being in the closet would get to the others,,now just look at what you have done.

Marsha-Maybe it was just all the built up anticipation leading up to the rads that got you. Wishing you the best and hoping they fly by. Dont forget the aloe.

Puppy-Mazer was up and ready early this morning. In fact she tried to leave last night. She opened the gate when SO was inside and was so proud of herself. She ran up and down the driveway and refused to go back inside. I think she was singing, I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Am I the only one that thinks Bubba is cute?

Jankay-sounds like you had a real workout yesterday. Congrats on the walking, thats excellent.

Sue-I know you are excited to get your boys back. Probably by next week you will be ready to send them off again for a few days.

Nicki-29 years? Holy Cow is all I can say. Congrats!

Vickie-Did you enjoy the ice cream or did you stay home? Sounds like a bad storm you all had.

Liz-hope you and the dog woke up this morning from all the drugs.

Madison-Somehow those storms missed us here and we sure needed the rain. We did get some of the rain but not enough to make a difference.

Susan and Christine-Sounds like you two had a great time. Great picture.

brb got a phone call.

Amy
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited June 2007
    ok I am back,,

Karen-no such luck on dad not having open heart unless he just chooses not to do it. All of his arteries are 100% blocked except for one and it is 70% blocked. He will also have a new valve to go in because the only 1 flap is operating on the one that he has. They took him off the catheter today and believe it or not he is not on oxygen anymore cause his oxygen numbers are excellent. Just gotta get him stronger. He is doing very well though and up and walking without much problem. He looks good and is going crazy being in the hospital but thats a good thing. Hopefully today he can come home.

Jan-getting closer and closer to our Maine trip. I cant wait.

Shirley-is today the day you return home?

Sherndon-glad you enjoyed your walk and love the new pics.

Cheri-sorry to hear about your friend. She had to be good if you liked her.

Adrionna-I agree these boards are so slow here lately. I cant imagine trying to hit them on a dial up.

Iris-how have you been lately?

Lisa-love the maine pictures. I cant wait to get there. Been there many times but every time is the greatest.

ok got to go get some work accomplished here.

Amy
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    Morning girls, we survived. I am so tired of storms. My internet isn't working right so this is going to be really quick.

Shokk - you have a really nice closet! Thanks for sharing. Vickie started the giggling. LOL

I overslept and missed the carpet again. I'll be waiting for someone to fill me in. BBL

Hugs
    Liz
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2007
    Amy, glad Dad may get to go home, sorry he has to have open heart surgery. My youngest brother had it when he was only 6 months old! He's 26 now, so I've always believed it to be a good thing.

We got some of the rain, but not nearly enough. I envy all of you who got big storms. I LOVE thunderstorms! I know, I'm weird.

I didn't get a mastectomy suit, I just go lopsided. The suit I bought kind of covers it up the way it is designed. My biggest problem is my mid-section! It's huge! I tried on a 2 piece with a little skirt. I really wanted it, but it actually made me look fatter, I think it drew too much attention to that part of my body.

My son, Jacob, sent some pictures of one of the villages in Ecuador he visited. There were some of a very sad looking building. He didn't label them, so I feared it was where he was staying! He emailed me back that it is a school that they are going to help the missionaries fix up. I was quite relieved! He's told me that he took himself off his meds, which is terrifying to me. He said now that he's over the shakes he's feeling better. If you knew what he'd been taking, you'd know how that made me feel! He says he's doing ok, though. Please keep him in your prayers.

Have a wonderful day!
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2007
    Sheri..sure hope your son is OK..thinking about him..
    I bought a regular bathing suit and sewed an old mastectomy bra into it and got a swim form..works like a charm..
    Hope everyone with storms is out and about..
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2007
    This is Jacob eating some native foods.
    This is the school they are hoping to fix up. I thought it was where he was living. What a relief!
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    I was only giggling because Liz said the P word LOL!

Sheri...great pictures...keeping him in my prayers. It sounds like he's having a good time and feeling useful though.
    back to work...much to do...
    love and hugs all
    Vickie
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited June 2007

Good morning chicas........Theresa Vickie and the rest of them weren't trying on my clothes they were using my clothes as tents.........when I was going thru treatment last year I swear I would be at wallyworld (keep in mind I am 5'10" and wear size 11 shoe.......I would catch kids staring at me (wig and odd looking breast....eyebrows painted on that always looked like I was either surprised or mad) and I just knew they thought I was a guy in drag.....ha...........ok Liz thanks for sharing that storm with us........about 2 am when the Metrologist realized that the storm was heading directly for North Texas geez the alarms starting going off and all night storm warnings.......it kinda fizzled by the time it got to Dallas County but Ft. Worth got hit pretty good.......Sheri love the pics of your son........I can just imagine how worried you are about him will keep him in my prayers.......Marsha I'm not sure why but radation just wore me out......you will make it thru but you are going to need extra rest......love your comments to your fellow thespian (sp)......some women look so good bald....Marsha you are one of them.......Nicki.......don't you dare back down......I so enjoyed reading your comments on the Paris thread......I'm not sure why you feel that it was being negative but your comments were always wise.....I wish Tami and Melissa would let us have a forum were we could debate current event topics......to me its refreshing to be thinking about something besides bc........Oh and congrats on 29 yrs......I made it to 29 just not to 30......but sweetheart you married a man if I remember correctly that is the youngest of sisters....there is nothing more dangerous than a man that understands women.......brb.......

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning,

I have been reading, but not posting due to time limitations….I am so sorry
    Magic carpet came by….Puppy, we are all with you…
    Oh my goodness, you know the song “Green Acres is the place to be”…well, I think it is “Shokk’s closet is the place to be”…..I think we kept everyone awake last night. Houses flooded, lightening caused come house and business fires..just a big weather mess. It was a cold front that came through…so we will get to a high of 95, but with less humidity…gotta love the South…..
    Shokk, the news from your area is so very sad….Mother Nature has not been kind. Watching the news reports of the flooding and the rescue from the rooftops reminds me so much of our area and Katrina and Rita. Also, praying for your Dad
    Betty, sometimes it is hard in the morning to get those fingers moving….
    Has anyone heard from Joyce? Keeping her and Kevin in our thoughts and prayers
    Deb, now that you have met Bubba, what do you think?
    Nicki, sometimes I wonder why the boards are so slow...then I realize how much information is contained on this site….you can tell my age when I say that technology of today really amazes me… 29 years is awesome.
    Vickie, thanks for keeping me company in the closet...those storms sure due cause some rumbling…hope the sinuses have cleared up.
    Liz, you were in the closet also…hopefully the weather is through your area
    Cheri, so sorry for the loss of Jen….saying prayers for her and her family
    Jankay, wow, that was one heck of a workout…Thank you for the special prays for the weather….we haven’t received a closet rental bill from Shokk …I wonder how much closet rental goes for these days?
    Amy, it is very encouraging that your Dad is getting stronger…always thinking and praying for him. I don’t know why this rain can’t head your way. It is interesting because sometimes the rain comes from the North…and often it comes from the Gulf due to humidity and heat….no rhyme or reason
    Alwayshope-did you get some bad weather last night?
    Karen, big hugs to you…you deserve a fantastic vacation
    Boo, sorry you are having a hard time….I think after treatment is hard….it is almost like post traumatic shock syndrome…add PTSS-plus the treatment, plus the hormone problems, plus the body changes and it equals an extremely wide range of emotions. I do take medicine….especially for the hot flashes. There are many different RX’s available…the decision to take medicine doesn’t have to be made NOW…it is something you can research and consider.
    Sherndon-the pictures of the walk were fantastic and it was so very good to hear you happy and excited…I know you have been feeling blue lately….Jacob will see some very sad sights….we all need to keep him in our thoughts and prayers
    Denise, are you going to Pinkstock….sure would like to meet you….the dryer fix is awesome….everyone needs some 2x4’s to cut for brace purposes…..oh, and don’t forget the duck tape….Your granddaughter is beautiful
    Cheryl, when is moving day? Grrrr……such a time consuming job to move
    CY, thinking about you…sending you hugs
    Susan & Christine, the pictures were fantastic…you are both so beautiful…thank you for sharing….
    MB, getting excited about Pinkstock….
    Kristin, sounds like you have been busy at work…..it sure does cut into board time
    Marsha, rest when you need to….rads do zap some energy
    Betty, it is amazing what some people say….
    Margaret, how is your Mom today? Is she in the hospital? Thank you for walking the circle last night…we were hiding out in shokk’s closet but did hear you say good night
    SoCalLisa, saying hello to you….sure is one beautiful grandbaby. The pictures of Maine are awesome.
    Tricia, glad the drains are out…..what is the next treatment?
    Odalys, you must be busy because I don’t know if I saw a post from you….oh, you mentioned having a new computer system at work…wow, I bet you are VERY BUSY
    Jan, hope you made it home safe from work….how bad was the weather?
    Z, where are you? Gonna have to get the posse out to find you, okay, I see you have an appointment…you need to stop in to say hello and tell us you are okay….
    Tgirl, yep, we have all been in a funk at one time or another….hoping you are doing better today
    Beth, how are you? Was the last drain removed? Have you stopped running fever?
    Tracey, you are busy, busy, but glad you stopped in to say Hi…
    Gina, thinking about you….how are you?
    Iris, how are you? Did I miss a post from you?
    Need to get some work done…..hi to all (and I know I missed some)…Can we make an attendance card so we can find our MIA’s and make sure we don’t miss someone when we post?
    Hugs, Madison
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited June 2007
    Sheri: I agree with vickie great pictures.Keep them coming.I have had him and you in my thoughts and prayers.Since I got your last pm.

I got these in my email and I usually discard them but these were from Karen at work and I wanted to share them.
    Oh btw Noelle will be 2 the 24th of this month.How time flies.

May today there be peace within you.

May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited June 2007
    WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO EXPLAIN IT!!!!

A sick man turned to his doctor, as he was preparing to leave the examination room and said, “Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me what lies on the other side.'

Very quietly, the doctor said, 'I don't know.'

'You don't know? You, a Christian man, do not know what is on the other side?'

The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.

Turning to the patient, the doctor said, 'Did you notice my dog?
    He's never been in this room before. He didn't know what was inside.
    He knew nothing except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.
    I know little of what is on the other side of death, but I do know one thing...
    I know my Master is there and that is enough.'
  • shokk
    edited June 2007

Cheri I am so sorry you lost such a good friend......I do remember when I first started coming to bc.org Jen was going to Amesterdam for the transplants........if its not to painful could you refresh my memory about what she was doing.......it seems like she was getting lungs and maybe heart cant remember......I thought that was the bravest thing I had ever read........Puppy I sure am glad you are a part of this thread.....your post always seem so comforting to me......good luck.......ok guys taking daughters to hospital today.....taking off a half a day looks like he will be in hospital for rehab at least 3 to 4 wks.......he is in the hospital that is furtherest from my house but thats ok........love all.....will check back in later gators.......

• shokk
    edited June 2007

(((((Madison))))) I would never charge you anything for use of my closet........((((Robin)))) thank you.....great email to share with us..........

• socallisa
    edited June 2007

wow Madison..you surely know what is going on with all of us..kudos to you!!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited June 2007
    OK...is bubba a real dog? WHo owns him? Can doggies get braces??? Enquiring minds want too know.....

You girls make me laugh
    Thanks
    Deb C
  • socallisa
    edited June 2007

I am with DebC..I want to know too!!!

• Madison
    edited June 2007
    ROBIN, I forgot to mention you.....oh no.....I'm sorry...
    hello, hello!!
    Madison

Shokk, thanks for not charging for the closet usage...we may have to add to the "drink" kitty if we keep those blue drinks coming!!!
  • Silka
    Silka Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2007
    I had my lengthy post all typed and ready and whoosh it was gone, the magic carpet must have come by and it jumped on. I will try again.

Cheri, Sorry that you are hurting, I didn't know jen, had spoken with dh a few times in chat. I had a cyber friend that I met here that lived not too long a distance from me; I had the privilege of meeting her, taking her to Dr's appts, etc. Last time I talked to her via phone she said, "Doris, I am not doing to well", she soon slipped into a come and went home. She was from and was taken back to PA, I was unable to go.... but yes we make some some strong bonds here.

Sheri, trying on swimsuits. That is a frightening statement to me......Oh for the days when I felt comfortable in one, I wouldn't dare wear a suit now, these cellulite legs frighten me, cannot imagine how they might affect someone else.

MB, I saw pictures of your pond, it is beautiful, don't know what else you could do to improve it.
    I have a friend that is from Hornell; he grew up there and has lots of family there still. He goes up quite often, should he happen to pick the Aug 4th date, I will come with him. Unfortunately I can't commit, it will be a last minute thing if I make it.

Betty, Surprising what people will say, I used to work with a girl and she quit and moved back to Alabama. We stayed in contact by phone and when I told her I had been dx with bc she said, "Put my phone number where Bob will know where it is and when you pass, have him to call me and I will come to the funeral". I haven't called her anymore nor has she me......bet she thinks I am DEAD. LOL

Marsha, Rads absolutely wiped me out, I worked until time for appt, had tx, went home and into bed. Stayed there until work again the next day. Think of yourself and don't feel guilty if you spend a lot of time in bed, your body is telling you that you need it.

Girls in the closet giggling, really gets one curiosity up, hmmmmmmmmmmm wonder what is going on?

Jankay, Sounds like you had a positive day, hope today is another one.

Karen, MY Bob had heart problems, two open heart surgeries, he kept going and going, he fought so hard to stay here, he was waiting for a heart transplant but time ran out for him. He had a Guidant device and they (Guidant) went to the funeral home and removed it without my knowledge or consent. Found out later it was on recall, we didn't know that. Also in June, prior to his death in December, the cardiologist had the switch turned off, we didn't know that either until I got his medical records.
    Be aware of everything that goes on and always ask for copies of medical records, I have all of mine since I was first diagnosed. One never knows!!!!

And BUBBA....He is adorable, what is wrong with the rest of you??????

A Glorious day to the rest of you….have to go get ready for Dr’s appointment.
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited June 2007
    Ok, Madison, here's the first verse of the song...

Shokk’s closet is the place for me.
    Thunder and lightnin’ make me knock my knees.
    Bubba’s grin is spreadin' out so far and wide.
    He’ll protect us whenever we run and hide.

I've got a house full of 12 year-old girls today, and I'm trying to focus on something other than my splitting headache! Do you know that high-pitched squeal that dolphins make? Well, that's the sound that keeps coming out of my family room....

I'll keep working on the song....

love you all!
    Sue
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited June 2007
    Passing Sue some earplugs and a bule drink in a sippy cup...no one will know what is in there LOL

I have you beat...I'm going camping with about 6 famlies, all with kids...and my DH just called to say he may have to work all weekend! What was I thinking???

Deb C
  • Madison
    edited June 2007
    We may have to hide Sue in Shokk's closet...just so she can get some rest...Hi Sue, I missed you when I posted....Hello, Hello...love the song...
    Deb, give a holler this weekend if you need some R&R....
    Shokk-your closet is getting to be a popular hangout...we may have to get a flashing neon sign made to hang over the door!!!
  • socallisa
    edited June 2007

OMG Deb...you sure have a winner of a weekend!!

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited June 2007

Deb, not sure where Bubba CAME from but, thanks to Puppy, he is now lodging at my wagon. Anyone that needs him just let out a whistle. He has been trained to respond to CG's only. I started to take him over to the other thread and let him loose but thought it might be seen as politically incorrect. teehee.

• tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2007
    Deb...funny how today he called about working the weekend....hhmmmm

Sun is finally showing it's happy little face today. Feeling much better, thank you my sisters. Don't know why I went down for the count, but back up and kicking again.
    Not fun when that happens.

Amy...I was laughing so hard at your last post because I now realize what you mean by brb...thought you were burping...I don't know why...I'm just clueless sometimes...
    Love to all....
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited June 2007
    WELL SUE .......... I CAN IDENTIFY!!!!

i have 30+ 14 year olds coming here at 10 pm tonight, after graduation ........... i already have an anticipatory headache lol!!!!

I HAVE A CANADA POST NOTIFICATION IN MY MAILBOX!!!!!!!!!! it says i have a parcel to pick up ......... i'm sooooo excited! hopefully i can find the time to pick it up today, if not, then tomorrow for sure!

i hope you're all doing well ......... there is no friggin' way i can keep up here AND work! my multitasking days are long gone!

love to all, michelle