Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited June 2007
    Amy:I was sure someone would get the picture of max in a side car with his little helmet,goggles,and scarf blowing behind him in the wind.Now that would be a picture.

Denise:I know what pct is.I was a na which used to mean nurses aide for 3 years,they later changed the name.Its short for bedpan handler in the hospital.I was then an lpn for 12 years wasnt much better,but the money was better.Then I have been an rn for 12 years.And thats all I got to say about that.
    No what made me wonder,you were talking about your notes at work and that sounded mighty familiar and the lightbulb went off.
    I like what you do now hanging around and giving advice.where would I be without your advice?
  • RobinTN
    edited June 2007

Denise:I am trying to work thru the pain but it keeps coming back.

• TheShopMama
    TheShopMama Member Posts: 276
    edited June 2007
    Shokk.... i started to ask you if it was just a "Freudian slip"....

where is Marsha???

And Robin... please slow down and take care of yourself! You are making me extremely tired. Did you tell me where in Tennessee you are? I may come get you and let you help me. I still haven't unpacked from when I moved in September. (Life is too short??)

back to work
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited June 2007
    Good afternoon all. Tomorrow is the day we drive back up to Iowa and see about my foot & leg. Hopefully they'll take the cast off and put on a camboot and let me start weight bearing a little. I pray to GOD that there is no infection of any kind. So I'll be gone all day tomorrow.

You know, I read posts and took a note or two but i'm in a really ticked off mood so I've changed my mind about posting right now. I never like to post on the Circle if I'm in a snit over something that didn't even happen here. I despise the pettiness of some people. This is like being back in High School only my looks are gone!

later
    cheri
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Gina: Good luck dear. Your comments about Sister are to funny! Kinda sounds like a stupid thing that would come out of my mouth! Someone on the loose and they didn't get him....Scare the pageemies out of you! I raised my kids in a small town.......yup, everyone knows everyones business!

Liz: Liking the car!! You call that dirty? Come visit me on my 2 miles down a dirt road! Gotta flip to next page, can I do that without losing my post? Not about to find out. brb
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • RobinTN
    edited June 2007
    Cheri123:I agree and I hated high school for that reason.The A team and the B team I was on the D team.

Shopmama:How far are you from chattanooga? I am about 1.30 hours from there.Dont have any energy left though to help anyone now.I still got to do laundry..
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Okay, last time, promise........maybe!

Shokk: I had to bring it up that you think Peter has a nice Assie!!!! Don't worry about the spelling........I can no longer spell squat. Seriously......big words are easier than small words. I just go with it now! I wish there was spell check on here!

Pam: Good to hear from you! I'm fine.......just trying to clean up my tainted reputation here! Just Kidding!

I hate Mices to pieces..........got a couple more from when the kids were little.......but I want to sleep tonight! Hope all is well with you........I worry about you, but 'one day at a time.'

Robin: Oh the dreaded bedpan........been there done that! Now we just throw a cath in and a suppository and catch it in a depend! Just kidding people............I'm very good at what I do. Some days the 'elders' can be a bit challenging and I'm set in my ways.......damn, with all the 'law suits' and 'crap' I'm even hesitant to pack a bed sore!Not really, but I'm thinking of finding a new job. As long as they pay me what I want, let me work when I want and do what I want!
    Ya think the pain keeps coming back because you've given a new meaning to "working through the pain?"

Cheri: You okay? Worried about tomorrow? Or some adversity on the site? I'm not good at guessing, so I'll just say that I love ya and will be hoping all goes well tomorrow.

Susan: Did you get a job????????????? Haven't seen you today.

Hubby will be home soon, time to go act like a wife....NOT!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007

WHERE IS MARSHA

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    Okay I went and exercised and have a banana walnut cake in the oven and cleaned the bathroom. How's that? LOL

Cheri - I understand but I sure miss you. Everything is going to be just dandy for you tomorrow. Hugs

Denise - I have to drive down the alley to get to my garage. You should see the car now that I've been out. I do not like mice!

Found out that a friend of mine's husband had a very serious heart attack Sunday. They had him in a drug induced coma after they put in two stents. They were suppossed to start warming him up and bringing him to last night. She and I were roommates years ago. They are both really nice people.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 471
    edited June 2007
    Jasmine, Marsha, Denise, Shirley, MB, Peter, Kristen, and Liz, thank you so much for your hugs, prayers, and positive thoughts for my mom. I'm still waiting to hear from my twin who is with her at the hospital.

Denise - maybe p.name meant pretty name since you said you love the name Ava! When I named her I thought I was being original and have come to find out that name has boomed in popularity in the last few years! Coming home from the hospital I saw a stork in a driveway just down my road welcoming another Ava who was born just days before mine! I named my other daughter Audrey and have found hers to still be more original. I love the old-fashioned classic names!

Deb - that's adorable how 'bugs and fishes' came about!

Z - that's a very lovely poem

Kristen - best wishes on getting the job!

Jan - that's something how some fraternals can still look so close to identical twins. Being fraternal are their personalities more individual like my sister and I? I bet that's fun being a grandma to twin girls!

Robin - wow! I think I'd be getting an atty. too, I can't believe that! How terrible that had to happen! I've been reading your posts and have to second everyone else here .. slow down girl!

Vickie - adding my best wishes for Nate along with the others. I hope he's okay.

Gina - wishing you all the best at your appt. today. Wow, that is so scary about the police. I don't think I'd sleep after that! We had something happen just two nights ago. A very loud shot rang out that sounded like it was just a house or two away. Called the police. They came and said they had a call just before ours about kids knocking over a port a pottie and thought it was related. Huh?! Last I saw the cops drove slowly down the street with their spotlight going. I still don't know what the deal with the shot was but it made for an uneasy night. I don't live in a crime area at all!

Jankay - isn't vinegar great! It has so many uses! I always forget about them though!

Shokk - where in Texas are you from? My oldest sister has lived in Katy for over twenty years.

Vickie - I think I missed something. Is this a cyber party? When is it?

Cheri - I understand how you feel. Best of luck to you tomorrow!

Liz - So sorry to hear about your friends husband. Here's hoping he pulls through this okay.

Charlene
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    Hi all,
    I have been trying to read...but haven't been able to respond or post.....
    hugs to all
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Hey Nicki! Hope your drive was better today! Just had a thunderstorm roll through here for 10 minutes with pouring down rain, and now the sun and heat are back. ugh!

btw Iris, I Love your pretty name, first And middle! Iris is very classy and pretty.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007

Just poppoing in. No time - no time. I hate work!!

Angel: Drove home again in pouring rain, but it wasnt flooding like yesterday. 90 degrees with 95% humidity. Needless to say I had will chemo hair that does not have curls go totally frizzy and I looked like rusty the clown.

OMG! 4 pages since my post this morning? I will never catch up. Im in a twilight zone of posts.

Hoping everyone in New York is ok. Heard on the news there was a major power outage there today. Sure hope NS wasnt in the middle of chemo whenit happened.

OK - Im so sorry. I gotta go - this is truelly board withdrawal, and come tomorrow morning I will be lost from all your posts this evening.

Cheri - put your picture back - please - you have a refreshing smile.

Nicki

Nicki
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2007
    Gina (((good luck)))

Shokk...There's a radio station here Pa/NJ girls WMMR 93.3 Preston/Steve in the am. They have an intern working that can't spell at all. So bad now they will have a contest and whomever can predict what he can or cannot spell a word gets a prize. I would die if I were his mother!!

Angel...please push the storm my way. Hate wasting the water on the grass...need mother nature

Amy....I always put animals before humans...my son is the same way. Finishing up this fall with Biology degree, then hoping to get masters in Zoology. He and I are the ones bringing home the snakes, turtles and even an iguana (ziggy the iggy) My hub and other son are afraid of everything.

Cheri...good luck and hope you can get it off with this heat....Must really itch. xoxo

Robin...bet you're scaring Evil with your new independence. You go girl.

Yeah...sky is getting dark...maybe shokk pushed the clouds my way. xoxo
    Love to all
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007

Awwww, sweet pussycat!!! Oh, that bites Nicki. I don't even have chemo hair but humidity and my hair are the worst enemies ... frizzes like crazy! But I'm sure you didn't look That bad! Angel

• tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2007

OT...I just got the call for jury duty today in the mail. I'm really nervous with my chemo brain. Has anyone gotten out with a disability yet? I can't remember what we talked about 5 minutes ago and I'm putting someone's future in my hands?????

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    Nicki, I am reading something about more flooding in your area. I hope to see you posting when I get home so I know everything is okay…..
    Shokk, yep we need to take a boat to you……we just started getting rain about a ½ hour ago…stay safe…also going to check on you
    Hi Margaret, how are you?
    NS (G) thinking of you….
    Liz, great car – white shouldn’t show dirt that much-have you heard any news about your friend’s husband (be careful ‘cause I know you are receiving rain)
    Joyce, I see that you had a tummy virus…hope you are better….how is Kevin? Give him a “soft” hug from all of us
    Cheri, I know your appointment is tomorrow…sending positive thoughts your way
    Jankay, how are you?
    Vickie, your daughter is beautiful….oh my, such glorious hair. How is Nate?
    Robin, you are always working…slow down, rest
    Tricia, glad the PS visit went okay
    Puppy, sending you hugs
    Boo/Sue…so GLAD your visit went well and your test result are FANTASTIC…deep breath..enjoy the weekend
    Jaz, I read something about a lizard…did it survive? They eat mosquitoes…throw him outside
    (Yep, used to catch lizards when I was a kidlet….not scared of ‘em)
    Deb, your hubby sounds wonderful…but then you are wonderful
    LisaElder, putting you in the center of the circle……everyone is here to take care of you
    Jan, your son really injured that knee…..boys (I mean men) don’t like being unable to get around….I sure hope he does get groucy
    Kristen: wow, great that the new job has been posted…keeping fingers and toes crossed for you
    Peter, your dog almost looks like a Shelti……I just love aminals….
    Anne, how are you….when is the port being removed?
    Colleen, have a good trip
    I think that Sheridon is also on a trip…I think she left Saturday
    Karen, I think also is on a trip….
    WHINE…I wanna go somewhere
    Okay, back to posting
    Shirley, I did see that your infusion was okay…..
    SoCalLisa, you had an onc appointment…need to read further to see if you have posted any news
    Margo, hello, I see you are new…welcome
    Charlene, hello to you also (prayers for your Mom)
    Silka (Doris) hello
    Betty, oh my-what is happening in your world?
    Amy, I did see that you Dad is stronger – which is great – have fun on your trip to Maine…..Praying for your neice…………………Oh no, our sweet little Lucy bit you…I can imagine a donkey bite would be hard to explain….
    Denise, you take really good notes……what’s happening in your area?
    Mena, praying….any news yet?
    Z, you are busy, busy……..with you are the US appointment
    Iris, hello
    Alwayshope, great post for Robin
    MB, sent you a PM with t-shirt size….
    Gus, hello…how are you?
    Beth, glad stitches are removed….was hoping that Ringo would be gone…no such luck
    Time to head home
    Hi to all from A to Z
    Madison (typed but not proofread…not responsible to contents!!!)
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    Good evening sweet sisters and big brother...Peter...we are tweaking your toes to get you up...hmmm lets see it would be about 11am there...and it's tomorrow...ok...never mind, that's way to much for my brain to deal with tonight just drag your butt outta bed and join your sisters. Hows that for bossy! Hey...better do some reading back as Shokk made a booboo and I'm pretty sure you'll get a kick out of it! Sorry Shokk..you know I love ya!
    Had a grand ride home from work...major thunderstorms and we actually got a little rain with it this time. Lots of lightning that I waS attempting to get pictures of and my batteries went dead...gggrrrr. Never fails. Nate leg isn't looking any better unfortunatley...doc says to put Neosporin on it and give him benedryl and if it isn't better in the morning its off to the ER. Talked to Jankay and she told me to use vinegar so we are trying that route now...can't hurt...worst that could happen is a pickled leg.
    hmmm...gotta go back and play catch up before I do my nightly good nights...missed a lot today by the looks of all the posts...
    brb
    hugs and love to all
  • Peter
    Peter Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    Hey there Tgirl...I think it should be pretty easy to get out of jury duty. They can be lenient...or at least they are here. Just give them a call and explain or get a note from your doctor. I don't think I could fairly serve on jury duty even now!

Madison...what's up buttercup. Do you need a hug. I'll send one your way. Love ya!

Amy...yippee...me and Liz get to come and babysit. In Alabama no less...I am so excited LOL. You said that the Boston Terrier Bean is flying with you...how does that work? I have a little shitzhu and I don't want to leave him behind when I go to Florida. Will Bean be in a carrier in the cabin with you? Do you have to "buy him a ticket"...?

Tricia is getting cleavage...woohoo...you lucky girl you. Are you comfortable? You haven't really said how you are feeling. Sending a gentle hug and a wish for happy dreams.

Denise is throwing her cheek rider undies away and going commando LOL. I hate underwear that do that. Can't do thongs either but thats another thread heehee.

Liz is hangin outside in the garage admiring the new car. I really like it...now I want one. I actually really don't like the car I have now...it's been nothing but a pain from day one and car problems are the last thing I have time for.

Shokk...don't worry about your goof...men make me nervous any more too. Stay high and dry ok. Still think you should hop a plane and come here!

Charlene...we have a cyber party thread...its fun and we go somewhere new every weekend (well...our weekends start on Wednesday LOL), drink blue drinks and act silly. We've been know to swipe a thing or two every now and then. We had a great New Years Eve party and swiped the Times Square Ball and the police dept. toilet so we could flush previous years down the drain...looks like Jan thinks we should go to Paris this time and I'm game. Don't let em tell you any wild stories about me...they are making it up! Seriously!

Jan...Paris it is...Jasmine...we are heading to Paris...come on girls, join us in the party thread.

Lini my dear...haven't seen you today...are you staying out of trouble and how are the new girls...still making unladylike noises or have they decided to quiet down...love ya...gentle hugs.

cheri...sneaking up behind you in your wagon to see if you're still in a snit...knock it off! It's almost party time. Wishing you all the best of luck tomorrow...will you be home tomorrow night to post or not till Friday? And your looks are not gone...you are beautiful.

Robin...drawing you a bubble bath, giving you earplugs, locking hubby in the basement, chocolate and champagne...now don't you dare move a muscle till we tell you you can get out! Time for a break and some rest!!!

shopmama...missed you...tucking you in and sending you a hug...I haven't forgot your surprise.

Iris...I know you posted but I lost it somewhere in one of these pages. Nate has your picture hangin on his wall with Puppys and CY's. It's so cute. We have iris's in the garden and he wanted to mail them to you cuz your name is Iris...I told him they wouldn't make it that far and we couldn't send you dead flowers...changed his mind in a hurry LOL.

well shoot...another storm rolling through so I have to shut down again. Our power has been going off and on so if I don't make it back I'm tucking you all in at 11pm...except Peter...wishing you all sweet dreams and peaceful sleep.
    Sorry to anyone I missed
    Where is Cherryl, Mena and Marsha????
  • PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2007
    Just a fly-by. No new grandbaby yet. DD went to nurse-midwife today and is at 3 cm. Due date is Friday. Baby is still in right position. Will check back later. Two year old GS is wearing me out.

Hugs, prayers and healing for everyone from Amy to Z.

Laura
  • jankay
    edited June 2007

iwas excusd because of disability

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited June 2007

Okay. Here we go. I will try and choose all my words carefully so as not to offend anyone. That means there may not be as much humor in my posting. Or as much fun to post. Hmmm. No humor. No fun. WEEEEEEll, guess I'm not quite ready to post.

• PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2007
    Oh, I forgot, Deb, there's a really good store for breast cancer survivors in E. Lansing. It's called The Front Room. It might also be online. I can't remember for sure. As I'm not home right now, I can't check that for you. I'll be home on the 6th for a mammo and rad onc appt. I could check then.

Laura
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited June 2007
    holy smokes girls...4 pages in 4 hours. Bones all radiated. Took extra pics of my ribs. Me of course staring at the screen the whole time. Like I really know what I'm looking at. Definately a hot spot in there. But for the life of me I couldn't figure out what part of my bod it was. Tech kept playing with the pic. Raising and lowering the contrast. Stupid spot just kept on glowing. So guess I have to wait as usual.
    Jas and Doris. Haven't a clue whats going on. Don't want to know. I'm sorry you are having difficulties with each other.

Liz, O my gosh I so had a good time shopping. And anyone that tells my husband how much money I spent will be seriously hurt. I couldn't help it Mervyns was having a fabulous sale.
    Pretty car. Thats a fancy garage? I am very very impressed.
    Glad your doggie bite is better. Hope doggie is out of the dog house now.

Shokk, Antonio is on his way with tequila. Be ready when he gets there.

Deb, hope your getting out was exceptional. I am such a hermit, quite happy and content to putz around my house forever. Have to force myself to go out. But once I'm out I always enjoy myself.

Jan, you mowed the lawn in 95F weather. So not good for you girlfriend. Drink drink drink...water not blue drinks.

And speaking of cheek riding undies......there was this young lady in Ross this afternoon. Had a baby in her cart. She was wearing one of those corset top thingies that should only be seen by our SO's in the bedroom (IMO), anywhos showing more belly than should be legal with jeans riding down by her pubes....but O wait, couldn't see her pubes cause they were covered by the very black very lacey thong that was riding a good 5 inches above her waist band. Geez the mom in me wanted to smack her and by her something suitable to wear.

Z, looking for an update. How did your appt go?

Amy, did I read somewhere that Hey Jude bit you?

Vicki, that really doesn't sound like a bee sting. I'm guessing a spider. Get that boy to the doctor....which of course I'm sure you have already done.....saying a prayer for him.

Gina, hahahhahahahhahah O my gosh that is so my town it's not funny. no comment on your sister.

Amy adding your nephew to my prayer list. Whats his name? My youngin is deploying on July 8. He will be gone for 7 months. Only 3 spent in the Persian Gulf tho. Right now he is on leave and partying hard with his friends in SC.

Denise, one good thing about the vacume. It doesn't have a lizard in it.

Kristin, all appendages crossed.

Cheri, huge hugs for you. I'll be praying for your appt tomorrow...cast off, no infection.

hahahahh Robin, I was on the D team in high school too.

O heck Cheri, just go ahead and post. Who are what has ruffled your feathers? You can "offend" me anytime you like. I have really thick skin.
  • jankay
    edited June 2007

this is marshas "broads night out"

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Amy - special prayers for your Airforce nephew. I have two Airforce brothers and my twin was in the Airforce. My brother Chuck has been in for over 20 years and served all that time in New Jersey until 2 years ago when they transferred him to Hawaii! He spent a year in Iraq at the start of the war setting up airfields and the like. Right now he's in Turkey flying troops and supplies in and out of Iraq (he's chief loadmaster, not actually flying the plane). Scared for all of them over there.

Hello Madison, thanks for your warm prayers for mom.

Vickie, that sounds like a blast, I'm there! Don't worry, I w on't believe anything anyone tells me! LOL

Shirley, special prayers for you as well.
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    Cheri - go for it sweetie. Hugs

Sher - that's my DH's garage. It has a table with benches, 3 TV's a VCR, DVD player and refrigerator. That's his "area" during football season. It also has a wall full of cabinets that he painted as well as tool boxes and a storm cellar. LOL My lips are sealed to your DH about shopping. What did you buy?

Vickie - hope the storms calm down. Give Nate a hugs for me. Me thinks he needs to see a doc tomorrow. You know, better safe than sorry.

Okay, DH just got home. BBL

Hugs
  • CherrylH
    CherrylH Member Posts: 189
    edited June 2007
    Good Evening Sisters and G'Day Peter,
    Well the packing is done. I'm going over to the new place soon to put upmy color coded maps for each room. The boxes are colored coded as to where they go. At some point tomorrow morning my Dial-A-Husband Scott will come over and take apart my computer. Once moved, he'll come back and reassemble it for me. I'm so lost at putting stuff together.
    There were five pages of posts just from today. I so wish I didn't have to work!! It just gets in the way of everything.
    Hugs and prayers to those going through tough times and hugs and smiles to everyone.

Cherryl
    PS Vickie. Got your pm. There's a box for you. THANK YOU for doing this for me. Hope Nate is ok.