Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited June 2007
    i just "pfffd" my beer all over my macbook screen!!!!!!

because ......... i don't give a flying "f" about sexual orientation either, but i wasn't thinking "fig" lololol!

seems to me that there is some serious "overcompensation" going on lately.......... we all have/had cancer, that's why i try to tune in here ........ who gives a damn about who we're shacking up with? hell, i hook up with my ex (earl) regularly lol! i say "whatever works for you", but don't cram your sh!t down anybody elses throat.

i come here to be heard and understood solely as a BC chic, sister, patient, mom, (sort of) wife, person, lady, etc etc ..........

maybe i'm sleeping with the pool girl or the lawnboy or the 100 year old next door or my best friend .......... who freaking cares? ........... we have endured the "big c" .......isn't that the agenda?

(not to say you guys haven't been great about earl), but if i've EVER shoved my personal life and preferences too far down your throats please tell me now!!!!!!!!!!

it's been a long hard road for all of us ........... i don't give a "FF" about rosie, elizabeth, ellen, paris, gays, straights, boys, girls, etc .......... i'm soooooooo tired of the agendas!

ok g'night lol!

shel
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited June 2007
    I think there are 148 new posts...we are a talkative group. Have to catch up from last night.

Shokk, have you managed to stay dry? Your weather has been something else.

Iris, Comcast is my cable provider. They have Comcast on demand so there are a bunch of specialty shows and series, including a fitness channel. On the fitness channel you can do all different types of workouts ranging in length from 10 minutes to almost an hour. At least there is a variety of exercises.

Nicki, how lucky were you that you missed the highway flooding.

Lisa, we've made room for you in the middle of the circle. Be careful with the congestive heart failure. You are in my prayers.

Charlene, hope mom's procedures went well.

G, how did abraxane go? Have to laugh at your sister - she obviously does not get it. My neighborhood is like that - everyone knows one another - it really is a Leave it to Beaver kind of neighborhood.

Madison, Jasmine, and Liz, hope you are able to stay dry too. Liz have to keep that new car dry.

Shirley, I think we share the same weather. It was nice here today too. Your gyn should have ordered a colonoscopy for you. I don't want to go.....my sister and I are having ours done on the same day - since she lives 3 blocks from me, my hubby is going to take the day off and take us both in for our procedures.

Madison, I don't know what's wrong but I heard you need a hug. image

Denise, you really should check out the OT/Panties thread.

Z, it sure was crowded on the carpet today.

Vickie, did you take Nate to the dr? My hubby had a spider bite right "there". He was so swollen - I wanted tolaugh because it was kind of funny but I had to wait until after the swelling went down.

Ok, taking a last walk around the perimeter. Night Amy to Z, talk to you tomorrow night.

Margaret
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 471
    edited June 2007
    Puppy - what a beautiful picture you posted. thinking of you and hoping all is well.

Marsha - Big hugs for you. You have amazed me with your humor through all this and you need to let yourself have the weepies sometimes. It's okay sweetie, we've all been there.

Vickie - that's so sweet, my SO gave me the nickname and I love when others call me Angel. Thank you for the prayers for mom. The airshow sounds awesome!

Peter - you have a great sense of humor and are very sweet!

Shokk - gotchya .. it's sort of like my big state of PA .. where I'm at I'm closer to Baltimore than Pittsburgh! lol

Cherryl - good luck with your move .. 'crap of dawn' lol

Suz - very nice meeting you, thank you for your welcome and thoughts of my mom.

Jasmine and Margaret thank you too for asking about mom.

Turns out they couldn't do the angioplasty because once they got inside they found mom's blockages are all below the knee. She has 50% blockages in each leg and that is why she's been so tired and having leg cramps nightly. From what I gather there's not much they do for it unless it's completely blocked and then would do bypass surgery. I think physical therapy may be the next step. Will see after a couple of follow up appts. She's in good spirits though and happy to be home. She lives with my twin, the RN, so she's in great hands! Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts, prayers and well wishes!

Sweet dreams everyone, may there be nobody with agendas lurking the other threads tomorrow!

Charlene
  • CherrylH
    CherrylH Member Posts: 189
    edited June 2007
    Shirley Girl--
    I think we have bonded. Really going to bed now. Need to be up at 0Dark30. My father was in the Army and this is when we left for vacation in the middle of the night! Will check in with you later.
    Regards to the Great Santini!!!!!!

love,
    Cherryl
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    well, who would've thunk it. i check posts several times a day and still cant catch up. ifu guys have noticed i get puter in morning, before kids get up, and at night when kids sleep.
    z- i love u too , with time difference i need to check on u often.

marsha-i sent u a funny. now sis, we all feel sorry for ourselves andthat is the time u need to call. i am always here for my family ,real and cyber. u can call anytime day or night. because of the parkinsons, i cant travel to meet u aLl and dopink stock wilmington, but i can talk,
    my husband threatens to hide the phone and i tell people i have a growth on my face, the phone.
    meaning that is how i make upfor the trAvel and if anyone in my cyber family is in east tenn. my door is always open.
    lisa i agree with what u say about keeping some opinions to yoursselves. i believe u can do more by showing people how to live and by not cramming things down their throat.
    my faith is very important to me because i feel like i would no longer be on this earth if it wasnt for the man up stairs. who else can deal with lparkinsons and bc w/o the main man.
    nowthat is all of my sermon take care my sisters and brother.
    vicki the airshow may be fun but can also be dangerous. pleAse be cAreful.
    east tenn needs rain bad, shokk if u can do a rain dance maybe it would help.
  • Peter
    Peter Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• lisaelder1972
    lisaelder1972 Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2007
    Good morning to all my beautiful sisters and my handsome brother.I am in desperate need of sleep.After the Onc nurse called Friday morning and told me about the CHF and my ejection fraction being 28% I have not slept for more than 30-45 minutes at a time,if any.My blasted hands and feet are aching soo bad from the Femara.And oh my the Neuropathy is horrible.I swear if I had known the long time SEs from chemo,I would have refused it.My teeth are actually crumbling and coming out.I was a bald freak now I reckon I'll be a toothless hag.I will catch up later when I ain't feeling like a big old turd.BBL,love you all.

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    WAKE UP NICKI AND VICKI AND BETTY
    I BEAT YOU AGAIN

THIS IS GETTING TO BE A HABIT!!!!!!!!
    I THINK I WILL NEED A TRUMPET!
  • BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning
    Yep, you beat me jankey. Let's see if I can beat Vickie and Nicki.

Yep, sure did. I'm pulling Nicki's trick and posting fast then editing. Got to keep my rep of a Sunshine Sister.

Hi Peter!! great pictures. Is that what it looks like now (winter) in your neighborhood? I've always wanted to come there since reading a book called A Town Like Alice Springs. I've re-read it a bunch of times, too.

I use the Google toolbar , too. It makes me look like I know how to spell. LOL I have a hard time putting a simple sentence together sometimes. It's so frustrating.

Tomorrow is bone scan. Can you guys please come with me? It's early at 7:30 am, but the magic carpet doesn't care about time and I could sure use you all there.

Today's my Friday this week. I had already taken the day off for our 33rd anniv. Now I get to spend it at the hospital. Two years ago, i was getting my port out on the 31st. Little did I know 33 years ago that other things would always be associated in my mind with our wedding day.

Sounds like I missed some drama yesterday, but it seems to be gone now. I sure hope so. This is my safe place. I know you all feel the same way. Sometimes though the coyotes roam around. But we're on guard and have each other back. I love the CGG (Circle Gals and Guy).

Must run to get dressed. I've been going in at 7 this week That will continue until after the conference. At least we get a holiday next week. Hooray for our Founding Fathers (in more ways than just getting a holiday).

Hugs,
    Betty
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    PETER
    THE PICTURES ARE BEAUTIFUL. THERE IS ANOTHR WOMAN OR SEVERAL IN CHaT FROM AUSTRALIA. THE ONE I KNOW BEST IS BADBABE 56. THIS WOMAN IS AWESOME I THINK. THE WAY SHE TALKS ABOUT AUSTRALIA AND WHAT U SAY AND THE MEDIA, IT MUST BE Beautiful. THE REASON SHE IS SO AWESOME IS SHE IS A 17 YEAR SURVIVOR, I THINK, AND SHE HAD BC WHEN SHE WAS PREGNANT. I AM IN AWE!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    Good morning all from Amy to Z...pouring you a cup of love to start the day! Jankay beat me up again and I do suspect that there are a couple more sunshine girls posting as I've been reading! Wow...we sure were a chatty bunch last night and I missed it all!
    Peter...time for bed for you...tucking you in (on your side LOL...hmmm...wish I had a camera)hope you have a great nights sleep. It's great having a big brother here, especially one who can laugh alone with us. I love the pictures!!!
    Lisa...OH my goodness. Sending gentle hugs and lots of prayers your way. I'm so sorry so much has gone wrong. You are too young for this crap. It makes me so very angry. What can we do for you? Cyber hugs just aren't enough...
    Cherryl...renting is better than buying! ROFLMBO...but I must agree. Never buying again! (no offense Peter)
    Shel...I am so with you and no one could have said it better. I think there is only one person who is creating all the stir over "discrimination" who truly needs to give it a rest. I know that there are very few of us here that give a rats a...who does what, with who, in their personal life. We are here for hugs, friendship, laughter and support. Your post had me laughing this morning...great way to start the day. (keep renting Earl WTH and who cares LOL).
    Angel...hope your mom gets the physical therapy and it does the trick. We need pictures of those beautiful (which I am sure they are)babies of yours!
    Suz...airplanes scare me too! I don't know why, it is just this eerie feeling to see something that big flying overhead...just a phobia I guess! Should make the airshow interesting LOL.
    Jankay...don't worry...I'll be careful. I know they can be dangerous and this one has fireworks mixed in LOL.
    Margaret...what a terrible place for a spider bite!!!
    Jasmine...thanks for the tip...Nathaniel is hypersensitive to noise. We borrow my BIL's ear protection...he's a cop and has the really good ones for when he's on the shooting range.
    Madison...is everything ok? Sending you a hug.
    Sheri is on vacation...oh man...we ummm...sent her a package! Hope she comes home soon!!! Chemo brained me forgot!
    Magic carpet ride for Cheri today...prayers and hand holding for all good news! Anne is getting her port out...I so hated mine and CY has chemo so lets make sure we all go sit with her for a spell.
    gotta wake Nate and check his leg and figure out the game plan if it isn't better.
    Gotta shower and get outta here before I'm late for work!
    Really swamped so may not be able to check in today but I'll try at lunchtime.

Have a grand day and know that I love ya all...you are my strength, my bestest friends and the first place I run when I need to escape.
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    ha...I knew you gals where sneakin around behind me...I heard you giggling.
    Good morning sunshine sister all!
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    >.

SORRY PETER
    THERE ARE A FEW I THINK WOULD GET A LAUGH OUT OF THE NEXT
    PARAGRAPH

. I don't know why you wear a bra; you've got nothing to put >in it.>
    >She said . . . You wear pants don't you?>>> He said . . ..... Shall we
    >try swapping positions tonight?> She said . That's a good idea - you
    >stand by the ironing board while I >sit on the sofa and fart!>> He said .
    >.... What have you been doing with all the grocery money I >gave you?>
    >She said . .....Turn sideways and look in the mirror!>>> He said How many
    >men does it take to change a roll of toilet paper?> She said . . We don't
    >know; it has never happened.>> He said . .. Why is it difficult to find
    >men who are sensitive, caring >and Good- looking?> She said . . . They
    >already have boyfriends.>> She said...What do you call a women who knows
    >where her husband is every >night?> He said .. .. . A widow.>> He said
    >. ... . Why are married women heavier than single women?> She said . . .
    >Single women come home, see what's in the fridge and go >to bed. Married
    >women come home, see what's in bed and go to the fridge.>> SEND THIS TO A
    >SMART WOMAN WHO NEEDS A LAUGH AND TO> THE GUYS YOU THINK CAN HANDLE
    >IT>>>>>>>>>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------->See
    >what's free at AOL.com.
    >_________________________________________________________________
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2007
    Morning girls...I'm awake..Just checking to see if our sisters are coming out of their closets after the storms last night.

Stopping in for a minute and now need to jump in the shower and get to work in 45 min. Love to all.
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    THIS IS THE FUNNY I SENT TO MARSHA

> > >I Love Mustard. (This is a true story. If you have children you will
    >
    > > >probably relate to this father.)
    > > >
    > > >As ham sandwiches go, it was perfection: a thick slab of ham on a
    > > >fresh bun with crisp lettuce and plenty of expensive, light brown,
    > > >gourmet mustard.
    > > >
    > > >The corners of my jaw aching in anticipation, I carried it to the
    > > >table in our backyard, picked it up with both hands but was stopped
    > > >by my wife suddenly at my side.
    > > >
    > > >"Here, hold Johnny (our six-week-old son) while I get my sandwich,"
    > > >she said.
    > ; > >
    > > >I had him balanced between my left elbow and shoulder and was
    > > >reaching again for the ham sandwich when I noticed a streak of
    > > >mustard on my fingers.
    > > >
    > > >I love mustard.
    > > >
    > > >I had no napkin.
    > > >
    > > >I licked it off.
    > > >
    > > >It was not mustard.
    > > >
    > > >No man ever put a baby down faster. It was the first and only time I
    >
    > > >have sprinted with my tongue protruding out.
    > > >
    > > >With a washcloth in each hand, I did the sort of routine shoeshine
    > > >boys do; only I did it on my tongue.
    > > >
    > > >Later, after she stopped crying from laughing so hard, my wife said,
    >
    > > >"Now you know why they call that fancy mustard 'Poupon.'"
    > >
    > >
    > >
  • Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• jankay
    edited June 2007

GLAD I COULD HELP PETER

• k4katz
    k4katz Member Posts: 158
    edited June 2007
    Good morning girls! Good evening, Peter!

Just a quick swoop in to say hey. I am so swamped with work. And I cannot afford to miss any deadlines between now and my interview (which has been scheduled for 7/16).

Today is my Friday so hopefully I will have some time tomorrow to catch up with all of you!

Hugs all around, from Amy to Z! (love that!)

Kristin
  • jankay
    edited June 2007

GOOD LUCK TO YOU KRISTIN

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007

Good Morning: As usual not alot of time today. A quick pop in to say hello to everyone. Hoping by the week-end I will be able to catch up.

Well! At least I was able to read everyones posts. Now its time to get ready for work. Think I will start from here when I get home.

Nicki
  • Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Peter: Now talk about a big assie

Nicki
  • Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Good morning happy campers. Rise and Shine. Its Thursday and that means tomorrow is FRIDAY!

Jankay -- very funny funnies!

Vickie -- how is Nate's leg today? I sure hope its gone down.

Good morning Nicki, Peter, Tgirl, Betty, Kristen.
  • tflowers
    edited June 2007
    Lisa....Sorry about your teeth, my dentist thinks I'm rich and she can build her vacation home with the work I need. Take care.xoxo

Jankay...between your jokes and Nickie's funnies, I'm amazed how good you two are.

Vickie...Checking in on Nate...Hate it when your babies are not feeling well.

Peter...your neighborhood is really beautiful!!

Leaving for family reunion tomorrow, so must keep working today.

Thinking of my brother & sisters and send lots of love your way!!
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Good morning, Tgirl.

Firing up the magic carpet for Cheri today...

• tflowers
    edited June 2007

Jasmine...stop by my curb, I'll be waiting...

• Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited June 2007
    Ever feel like this???????????????

[image]image[/image]