Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    Denise has found her computer...woohoo. Good evening...are we tired yet!
    Theresa...kick boxing sounds like fun!! I have no coordination either LOL. I love to swim and do that a lot, along with a bit of hiking.
    Anne has her port out...good for you! I so hated my port and was so happy to see it gone. My port scar and my drain scars are the worst...doesn't make sense to me...you'd think the mast scars would be the worst.
    Beth...love the phone!
    Peter...wake up...blowin the trumpet now.
    I am so totally relieved about Nates leg its almost pathetic...I'm such a paranoid mother...geez...I had imagined all the worst possible scenarious...you know...gangrene, amputation, blood poisoning. I'm tell you girls, I am certifiably crazy when it comes to my kids.
    Cute Nate story to tell you before I head off to bed...Jankay already heard it and thought I should post it here. We were sitting on the front porch and we both like watching the clouds. Well the sun was going down and there was a large group of clouds on the horizon and when the sun went behind them the edges of the clouds were glowing (you know the look...bright yellow outline around the top of the clouds)and Nate got all excited and said "MOM LOOK QUICK...YOU CAN SEE HEAVEN!"...it was just quite a moment. Out of the mouths of babes and I guess maybe we all need to set back and look for heaven once in a while during our busy days because I think it is all around us we just need our "childhood eyes" to see it.
    Well, with that sappy thought I am going to head to bed. Puppy...I love ya...saying prayers.
    Madison...hugs and love to you...um...Sheri's package was delivered and she's on vacation! YIKES. I hope they keep it there and don't send it back!
    CY...sending prayers and love your way.
    Mena...hugs and love to you.
    Shel...I really wish you'd post more...I could really use a few more laughs.
    Betty...see ya in the morning
    Jankay...better tweak my toes!

I love ya all...each and every one...you are the best.
    Vickie
  • Peter
    Peter Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• newvickie
    edited June 2007
    peekin in Peter's window to see if he's awake yet. He's gonna get sick of having so many sisters LOL!
  • Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited June 2007
    Happy Evening girls and Good Morning Peter. Poppin in to say hi before I go read up. had a grand afternoon with my girls. Good food, and good company.
    I'll be back
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited June 2007
    Hi all,

I'm having one of those days when you just get hit with one thing after another, and I could use hugs if you're still passing them out. Sorry this is all about me..I just feel like a pathetic loser right now...

I promise I won't be such a downer tomorrow.

Love and hugs to all of you,
    Sue
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    SUE...YOU ARE NOT NOT NOT A PATHETIC LOSER!!!!
    Now tell us what's up so we can tell you how wrong you are or go after the person who may have made you feel this way...we still have our posse and deliverance tent you know.

good morning Peter!! I really need to go to bed LOL!
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited June 2007
    Hey Sue-

I'm done with my little hissy fit and I just so happen to have a hug with your name on it

((((((((((SUE))))))))))
    Bugs and fishes girlfriend
    Deb C
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2007
    Sue...

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited June 2007
    hugs Sue, we all have those days.

Marsha, I'm sorry you are having a hard time also.
    I got on here to tell you all something and I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Oh well. When I remember I'll come back. Hugs to all. My we have a big family.
  • sherloc
    edited June 2007
    Madison, did the time clock swallow you whole?

MB, prayed for hubby today. How did it go?

Shokk and Liz, I'm dancing the anti rain dance as fast as I can. I guess I'm just a really crappy dancer.

Congrats new mommy and daddy and grammie and o just everybody.....waiting for a name and pictures.

Gentle hugs for Gina

Awwww Charlene, they are to pickin cute. Now I know who I'm smoochin.

Beth, yikes! How long was the power out.

Socal, did you buy me food. My poor cupboards are sooooo bare.

Vicki, glad Nates leg is doing better.

Marsha, that baby is just plain scary.

Deb, I'll I have for you is hugs. Hope you get it worked out, and they should definately replace the one that broke.

Iris, I sleep with 3 quilts on my bed and the a/c blasting. Can't sleep without my blankies.

Hi Doreen

Shokk, ask your doc about Donnatal for the flashes. It is now my favorite drug. Haven't had a hot flash in two weeks except the day I ran out.

Jaz, chinese, japanese, thai, I love it all. Living in two bit central good asian food is hard to come by. Today was pretty good.

Nicki, I love Frankie. Were you naughty this morning? And I missed it? Darn!!
    I agree, Cheri has been way to quite the last few weeks. I miss her.

Margaret, are you nuts......5:30 in the pickin morning? Holy Smokes. I'll say extra prayers for you every night. Of course you can do it, and just think how buff your gonna be when it's done.

Dinners done, I'll be back
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited June 2007
    OK…it took all day, but I can finally laugh about the dang exploding boob! Nicki and Vickie, you are both right…where but here would we talk about stuff like this??? There really is some humor in having your boob explode into a mass of leaking semi-liquid goo (sorry Peter….probably to much info…ya better get use to it though LOL).

I went to the dreaded fitter and she was really nice. She apologized for being so unavailable the past few months…I heard more than I really wanted to know about her problems with kids and hubby, but when we got done I couldn’t be mad at her any more…she was to pathetic.

She ordered a new boob for me under warranty and ordered a couple of new bras for me to try that may avoid the sore spots, so all-in-all, it was not a bad day. She also told me that if my Doc will write me a script for a new set of forms, my insurance should pay for new ones even though it has not been a year. I may try a set of the kind Vickie likes.

I am really worried about all of you in the flood zone! It looks just terrible on the news. I hope you are all high and dry, with no more power outages!

I have to go out to the garden and pick some baby lettuce and radishes for a salad for dinner. I will be back to read later.

Bugs and Fishes
    Deb C
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited June 2007
    So very tired and teary today. I can't think straight and am going back to bed.
    Just wanted you all to know I was thinking of you.
    Hugs & Prayers
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    I'll follow Sue in the pissy day category!! At 7:50p I got an 'ding' alert from SW airlines. Flights from Pheonix to Detroit for $65.00 one way. Had to book by 9:30p.........between trying to get ahold of Son and him talking to Fiance and me talking to Hubby and the whole crappy mess...................I lost it. DS had appx. 30 minutes to see if they could come. We have unused traveler funds and were giving them to son to come home. In the middle of booking the flights and somewhere between putting in voucher number and kids names it became 9:30p and just like that, the offer was gone. I called SW and they can't do anything about it................I miss him so much. Haven't seen him since last Sept., we were suppose to go out last Nov., but that is when I had my 'whatever' illness and had to cancel. He is getting Married in Nov. and it looks like I won't see him until then.
    Leaving in the morning (if I begin to pack!) for Indiana. 4 ole high school chums together for the first time in ever. The girl that I was going with decided tonight that she can't go. (She has MS and is having problems so it is understandable)......So I will be heading to Indiana by myself. Now, remember...I can't tell up from down or right from left most of the time..............how the heck I'm gonna find Indiana is gonna be a joke. Printer started printing in these tiny tiny letters....can't fix it, so I can't print a readable mapquest. And this is suppose to be a fun weekend????
    Dang, anyone got some cheese to go with my whine??

I will try to check in on all before I leave tomorrow....if you see a blonde driving aimlessly around your neck of the woods would you be so kind as to turn my car around and head me back towards Indiana?

Hugs to all,
    Denise
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited June 2007
    (((((((((CY)))))))))
    (((((((((Denise))))))))

Big hugs ladies
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    Cy, Denise, Gus, Theresa, Shokk, Liz, all....everyone.......

Hugs and comfort, understanding and love is what this circle is all about..........

We gotta have one big group hug for all.....come on Peter-please join in....

There are days....moments that we need to extend our hearts and hands to our dear cg's...and...this is indeed the time

Like Deb just said..."Big hugs ladies" (oh, and Peter)
    Madison
  • suzfive
    suzfive Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2007
    "Test for Dementia"

"It's that time of year to take our annual senior citizen test."

Exercise of the brain is as important as
    exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it! Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence.

>>> >> Take the test presented here to determine if
    you're losing it or not. The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer.
    >>> >>
    OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: "bread." If you said "toast," give up
    now and do something else. Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, bread,go to Question 2.
    >>> >>
    2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What
    do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk,"
    don't attempt the next question. Your brain is
    over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading a more appropriate literature such as Auto World. However, if you said "water", proceed to question 3.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>
    3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a
    blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?
    >>> >>
    >>> >>

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks," why are you still reading these???
    If you said "glass," go on to Question 4.
    >>> >>
    4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying
    at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will
    recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany>>> >> and East Germany .) Anyway, during the flight, TWO engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before
    he can do so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany . Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany , West Germany , or no man's land"?
    >>> >>
    >>> >>

Answer: You don't bury survivors.
    If you said ANYTHING else, you're a dunce and
    you must stop. If you said, "You don't bury survivors", proceed to the next question.

5. Without using a calculator - You are driving
    a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales . In London , 17 people get on the bus; In Reading , six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon , two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff , 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea , three people get off
    and five people get on In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?
    >>> >>
    >>> >>
    >>> >>
    Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!
    Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!!

Just a little funny that my lil bro sent me. Must think I am a senior citizen. Hmmm, not yet but getting there.

Good evening ladies and good morning Peter,

Margaret - that is really early in the morning but you can do it - especially when you have a friend to go along. I started going to a personal trainer and geez after a half an hour I feel so beat up - he just laughs at me. I am getting better though.

Vickie - I am so glad that you found out what was causing Nate's swelling and got the stinger out. One year we went to a cottage on Lake Michigan. My dd Emily was about four years old at the time. We would walk along the beach and then before going into the cottage would wash off the sand at a water spigot. Every time my dh would wash her feet -she got stung by a wasp. After the third time - realized there was a wasp nest in the ground under the spigot. Thankfully, she was not allergic and someone who was with us knew how to remove the stinger. She still has not forgotten that and she is now 20. I have a good friend from college who lives in Binghamton. Thinking about getting together with her when I come to Pinkstock.

Denise - have to talk to lil bro and I will let you know. If I can make it to Indiana and back you can too. So sorry about missing the ticket deal - I know how that goes - so frustrating.

Anne - port is out - woohoo. I kinda liked mine but was glad to see it go.

Deb - never heard of an exploding prosthesis before - guess I am kinda glad I don't wear mine to exercise - actually don't wear mine much at all. Don't even know what brand I have. Find bras very uncomfortable. Actually have taken them off in the car when they have gotten really bothersome. I will wear them when we go out. Glad they were able to take care of the problem.

MB - your dh had a heart attack six months ago and you are doing Pinkstock? I hope his checkup went well.

Jankay - Glad your therapy went well - 80 feet wow that is great. Can't help you with why they would want you to lie on your stomach more.

Gina - as others have said - take the pain meds before the pain gets bad - works a lot better that way - don't think everyone gets it though - hope you are in the lucky group. Happy to hear you got the abraxane.

Robin - I think you have inspired me to clean house this weekend. Told my kids no one leaves the house this weekend until the place is tip top.

Well it is darn cold here today. Yesterday it was 90, today only in the 60s - feels like winter. There is a big festival here in Milwaukee called Summerfest (music, food, etc) on the lakefront. It started today and runs through July 8. It is a lot cooler by the lake so those going tonight really have to bundle up. Supposed to have this weather through the weekend. Gonna have to put my warm jammies on tonight.

Cheri - hope you got that cast off today and the swelling is better.

For Sue, Marsha, CY, Madison and all those needing big hugs.

Laura - congrats on the new grandbaby.

Charlene - your daughters are beautiful and look just like you!

Shirley - whats for dinner?

Emily needs to check her e-mail so I guess I will say goodnight to all from A to Z. Was just told that I am worse than a teenager on Facebook - guess what she wants to check? Pleasant dreams to all here in the US and have a good day Peter.

Hugs,
    Suz
  • Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2007
    Another late night drive-by from me. My two days in Key West went well. At the big budget meeting today, I made some good points. Yay me!!!
    My back isn't too happy about all the sitting in meetings and long drive, but I am feeling almost back to normal. It will be 4 weeks Saturday since the mast.
    I have read all the pages since last night, but I am too wiped out to speak to you all individually.
    Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    XXXOOO
    Tricia
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited June 2007
    HA - got the invalid post error message but guess what - had copied and pasted from Notepad - I'm smarter than a computer, at least this time - so I don't have to retype or remember what I typed, just paste again.

Evening all.

Thanks for the encouragement on my boot camp. Nicki, they have one in Chicago: http://www.bayareabootcamp.com/san-mateo-boot-camp.htm It's supposed to be for all levels of exercise skills. I keep thinking I have a wedding in the family so need to get in shape.

Shokk, I work with her so we'll exercise; she'll come to my house to get ready for work and then we'll have breakfast together. At least it's not raining....I'm up anyway cuz hubby goes to work early so I might as well get my butt out of bed.

Jankay, good for you walking 80 feet. You go girl.

Anne, glad your port removal went well.

Liz, still raining? It's June, almost July!

Jan, I hate when I lose a post. Speaking of your glass of wine, they just said on the news tonight that Trader Joe's Two Buck Chuck chardonnay 2005 vintage beat out 3,029 wines from 640 wineries. I think I will have to get some to have on hand.

Sue, I don't know what is making you feel that way, but you are so wrong.

Deb, glad you can now laugh at an exploding boob.

CY, thinking of you.

For everyone that needs it:

Night Amy to Z, and Peter, you have a good day.

Margaret
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 471
    edited June 2007
    Nicki, such a sweet post to me! I've felt such a connection to you from the first posting I've ever read of yours. Yep, we met on the smoking thread, and yes, I'm smoking as I type this, and having my nightly glass of merlot! lol Wow, your son is older than my SO who is 37. I'm 42, turning 43 in August. I tried for 7 years starting at age 28 before I had Audrey at 34. Ava was a miracle baby I had at age 41. My twins oldest child is 20 and could have a baby my babies age (but thankfully doesn't yet because he isn't ready!). I understand I'm relatively young to get this damn disease though. My biggest fear is not being here to see my babies grow up. Thank you so much for the great big hug. I Really needed that! Finding you and so many other wonderful women here has given me strength and hope. I'd be such a mess without you all!

And thanks to all of you for the wonderful words about my beautiful girls and thoughts for my mom. My mom was really touched when I told her about you all thinking of and praying for her.

Love and Hugs

Charlene
  • socallisa
    edited June 2007
    This is for you Margaret

• sherloc
    edited June 2007
    back, watched the premiere of some new show called Burn Notice. A bit entertaining.

Anne, I am glad all went well. Rest up.

Liz, I'm sure they'll repeat it at least 100 times in the next month.
    Hmmm What did I buy??? Bunches of clothes for my grand daughters. Couldn't find anything for the boys. Mom gave me a list. Then I bought some clothes for me and a bunch of junk I truly didn't need. Well except for the resistance cords. Been wanting those for a while but to cheap to pay full price for them. Came 3 in the set for only $4. How cool is that.
    I think you should stay at home till everything drys out a bit.

Beth, love the phone.

Jan don't blow. It'll make a really big mess and you know you'll have to clean it up.

Denise, where you going? I forgot.

Theresa, my county allows for a vacation excuse. Sign on the line and check the going on vacation box, put in a date when you can serve.

Gus/Sue, great big hugs for you too. Way to many sisters feeling sad this week.

Deb, glad you found the funny in it all.

Cy, awwwww honey hugs for you to. Rest

Denise, ok I remember now. You will have a grand time. I am sorry you are missing your boy. I miss mine too. We can whine together.

Suz, overcooked pork chops. Loved the funny. I failed.

Welcome home Tricia

Charlene, another thing we have in common besides lovin to smooch on Ava (don't think Audry would like me smoochin on her)....I was dx at 42 as well. And whatayaknow my birthday is in august to.

Wow Margaret are you gonna share?

Have a great night ladies. See ya in the morrow. Have a great day Peter.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007

Wow Shirley, that's nice to know. Do tell, August what? Mine is the 25th, same day as Sean Connery, Elvis Costello, Regis Philbin, Monty Hall, Gene Simmons and Billie Ray Cyrus among others! lol

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    I was reading my Women & Cancer magazine and there was this article about night clothes for night sweats. Here's the link http://www.haralee.com/store/

Not sure I'd spend that kind of money on something to sleep in though. I like to spend money on other things. LOL

Hugs to everyone who is in need and those who aren't.
  • sherloc
    edited June 2007
    holy smokes Charlene, mines the 26th....lets have a party.

OK ladies how annoying is this...just got this in my email. I thought I had heard everything but this is a new one on me.

Drinking Bottled Water kept in car

Hi Ladies!

This is how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer.

She was on the Ellen show and said this same exact thing.

So please be very careful ladies.

Women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.

The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer.

So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car, and pass this on to all the women in your life.

This information is the kind we need to know and be aware and just might save us!!!!

The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have found these toxins in breast tissue.

Use a stainless steel Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!!!

I'm sending this message to all my female correspondants just in case they did not know!
  • socallisa
    edited June 2007

sherloc..that is an urban legend..

• sherloc
    edited June 2007

socal I know that.....forgot to add....it was sent to me by a survivor. UGH!!!

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Shirley, we'll definitely have to have a party!

I agree, those emails are so annoying. Wish there was a way to stop that crap. I read an interesting article not long ago about getting rid of the current internet and creating something totally new that would serve the world better and be much more secure. What a complex undertaking that would be!
  • sherloc
    edited June 2007

I'm off to bed. Charlene you are up late. See you tomorrow.

• Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj