Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited June 2007
    Wow I thought I was having a bad day yesterday, it's nothing compared to our Dear Mena.

Mena we are all fighting with you, so don't you give up!

Vickie I know it's hard when we hear the news we do on this site but we are here to help each other and that means you too! Sometimes you will need to step back just a little bit and take a deep breath. we all love each other and that's why we can share the happy times with all it's joys and the sad time with all it's sarrows. But without each other we are nothing. You have become a large force in this circle and need to remember we are here to help hold you up too.

I love you all and even though I am deeply saddened by Menas news. I see great happiness that we are FAMILY and will be there to pull each other through this fight!

My the fires burn brightly to show all our dear sisters and brothers the light of our family and it's strength!

Hugs and prayers to all
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    Talked with Mena awhile ago. She's okay. We talked for around and hour. She's doing the herceptin and Faslodex (sp?)for now and taking a chemo break. She needs one. Then she'll go from there. She's still as determined as ever.

Mena - can't tell you how much I enjoyed our talk. We'll talk again really soon. Gotta find you that cheesecake. LOL

Nite kids - you're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Liz
  • b445
    edited June 2007

ok ladies I need some help. I don't think I want to get a wig, but need some places to find some pretty scarves and hats that are not too expensive.

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    CY - I think I got some from headcovers.com I'll look but I think I sent mine to other girls awhile back. There were other sites - tlc maybe? Geez - I'll have to remember and then let you know. I did bandanas also. Washed them bookoo times to make them nice and soft.

Hugs
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 471
    edited June 2007
    Shirley, what a terrible tragedy for that man and his family. I'm so sorry to hear it. Please let us know what happened.

Mena, I'm a new CG and haven't met you yet but would love to some time. I'd like to join with all your CG friends in big hugs for you.

Charlene
  • b445
    edited June 2007
    Charlene you are fittin in here real good! ya even joined the party thread I see!
    You keep late hours I see too!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Thanks CY! You ladies are the Best and the party thread is too fun!
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited June 2007
    Liz, thanks for the update on Mena. Does Mena need cheesecake?

CY, I got mine from TLC - I just gave the last one away or I would send it to you. I also bought a few half wigs so I could wear them with hats.

Hugs.

Margaret
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    Popping in to tuck you all in under some comfy covers with soft pillows and the moon shining on your faces. Letting dear brother Peter take over the night watch tonight as I have to go get on my knees and have a serious conversation with the big man above.
    I am not going anywhere...I need you all. You are my family, my bestest friends, my strength and I love you. Plain and simple. All of you.
    Off to storm heaven...I have a couple of pms to answer that I will answer tomorrow...promise.
    Love and hugs and sweet dreams to all
    Vickie
    Oh...geez...just got home from the air show and it was beyond wonderful. It was spectacular! Nathaniel was simply amazed and awed throughout the entire thing. The fireworks were beautiful. It was a wonderful evening (board withdrawl aside LOL).
  • Peter
    Peter Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2007
    (((Mena))), remembering you in my prayers.

Vicki, glad you're staying on.

Cheri, good that your doc is keeping a close eye on things. You'll be walking in no time. Just keep following doc's orders.

Beth, hope you and Ringo part ways tomorrow.

Charlene, don't remember greeting you. Welcome.

Z and Nicki, enjoy your vacations at home.

A quick Grandma update. All are doing well. The little one, whom I have nicknamed Bruiser, is officially Dominic Charles. Both his grandpas' have Charles as a middle name.

Love, hugs, healing and prayers, for all from Amy to Z.

Laura
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for your welcome Laura, nice meeting you! I like your member name .. my family nickname is Peanut (my dad still calls me that to this day!)!

Charlene
  • bearlysane111
    bearlysane111 Member Posts: 592
    edited June 2007
    It’s Friday…finally! Happy Weekend to the Circle People, (Peter…Happy Saturday,to you)

Peter…great poem and well-suited as we had rain and t’storms today;nothing to complain abt as we needed rain here. Thanks for watching over us;rough week and need a peaceful night.
    Angel/Charlene…great that you/Shirley both have Aug birthdays;may I share the month as well as Vickie,too? Did I read that was Nicki’s wedding anniv month ?
    Shokk…gee is the rain ever ending there? Flooded ceilings and trees uprooted..gee so sorry.
    Doreen…interesting info on koalas and Australia.

Shirley…hope that you enjoyed the dinner out;good that the med rept confirmed what you knew. So sad abt the young father of four;twenty-seven just is so young.
    Nicki…thanks for your kind words;you will never know what it did for a tough Friday! Enjoy every sec of that vacation as you have sure earned it and worked so hard these past months.I played the Frank Sinatra y’day and love those oldies. Must have been a 50’s thing as we did Annie Oakley,too--loved all those western shows on TV! Saw many a show of Cisco/Poncho/Gene Autry/Roy/Dale,etc.

Marsha…enjoy the Comedy Club w/your friends tomorr even.
    Betty…hope the bone scan went well;have a nice wkend;happy wedding anniv.
    Jankay…great w/your pt this wk. Heard of Alab whoopings,too.
    We had those back in the days of childhd--some of us. Ha!
    Margaret…Wow you are really dedicated;5:30AM is sure early to be up;breakfast afterwards sounds good;beautiful poem and lovely pic.
    Vickie…glad that the air show was great;good to hear that Nate’s leg is better. Pls do move to NC--the whole family. I would love it if you did. Tell you sis to come on/all of you as private land is still available in lots of areas.

Tricia…glad your trip to Key West was good;hope your back has improved.
    Cheri…hi to you! Good to hear that the dr did not find infect;take care and you are so witty and creative.Thanks for the laughs;your kindness is so appreciated,my friend!
    Denise…Friday sounded like a frustrating day for so many;so sorry abt not seeing your son;hope the wkend is so fun in IN. I am sure that you made it fine;hate driving in large cities. Your posts make me smile;you did not sound whiny.

Cherryl….thinking of you and wondering if”rent-a-husband" has gotten the computer installed yet? Hope you are doing OK w/all the moving and unpacking. Thinking of you!
    Theresa…enjoy the trip;w/you on checking in as this group is my “family” as well. Great we found ea other.
    Mena…you are in my thoughts tonight.
    SoCalLisa…love that Winnie the Pooh pic;Circle of Friends is so right.
    Beth…cool telephone..love those M&M collectibles;got several.

Suz…failed the test;guess I am a good candidate for dementia! LOL Esp liked #5 as I was looking for a calculator and the answer was one. The laugh sure was needed.
    Liz…more rain there and flooded roads sounds scary. Like Women&Cancer magazine,too;enjoy the current med knowledge.
    Jasmine…fried okra was one of my faves growing up! Yum…fresh corn and tomatoes from the garden! Those were magical days.
    Deb…hope the wkend goes well in Alaska;enjoyed reading your comments on the EE thread;interesting perspectives on there.
    Gus/Sue…sorry your Thur was a downer;maybe Fri was better.
    Pam…hope you get some time away for the wkend;work sounds like it is real busy this past wk.

Robin…poor little ones w/the immunizations…rememb that feeling well;we called it fretful;hope they’re better.
    Kristin…have a nice wkend!
    Madison…good to see you and hope the wkend goes well. Has your daughter settled in her new place in OK?
    Cy…sorry that you were not feeling well and hope today was better.

Jan…enjoy the party Sat;great foods!
    Puppy…good thoughts for a nice weekend to you/your family.
    Mizsissy…hello to you.
    Z…have a great vacation! You described some beautiful scenery;would love to see the West Coast one of these days.
    Amy to Z--happy weekend to each one of you!

Resting today and will start the packing for the big Monday carpet installation day! I hope that I keep my wits abt me as it should prove interesting…Wonder if this is why those TV families all leave home when they do the home improvement shows??? LOL Take care,everyone!

Iris
  • PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2007
    Charlene, I'm a big Charles Schultz fan. Snoopy has always warmed my heart. I got a copy of Happiness Is a Warm Puppy for my 16th b-day from my most special cousin, who is also a bc survivor. When I finished my treatments, she got me another one of his books.

Laura
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Ohhh very cool Laura! Always loved the Peanuts gang! That's very sweet about your cousin.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Hi Iris Angel - yes, Nicki's anniversary is in August also. You and Vickie must join in the celebration along with me and Shirley and anyone else with August birthdays/anniversaries! The more the merrier!

Charlene
  • bearlysane111
    bearlysane111 Member Posts: 592
    edited June 2007
    Hey there,Angel/Charlene...will do and share my cakes! I get sev as we only get one birthday and there are so many birthday cakes and so little time~~love Snoopy,too! Got Snoopy stuff everywhere and even Snoopy postage stamps(for special things!)
    Hope you are not as tired...cut cat pic!

Hi,Laura! I went back and edited and forgot to say congrats with the newly-named baby. I think Bruiser sounds like he may play sports;what do you think?

--------
    Iris
  • Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2007
    We just got home from dinner on San Diego Bay..I took this of the moonrise..not very good but it was very soothing..

• TheShopMama
    TheShopMama Member Posts: 276
    edited June 2007
    SoCalLisa... what a beautiful picture. It is, indeed, soothing. I love so much to see beautiful sights such as this.
    Peter, you don't realize what you have done for us. You have joined right in and we all just love the way you care for us. Mind if I walk the circle with you for a while tonight? Can't seem to sleep.
    (((((Mena))))) Dear sister, please know we are right there with you. I am praying along with all the others, storming heaven on your behalf.
    Speaking of storms... I am really concerned about you TX and OK ladies. All the news reports on the rain are getting more and more scary. Please be careful when you must drive and know my prayers are also being lifted up on your behalf. It seems so odd because we are under such a drought. Probably in another week or so it will be here. Feast or famine.
    (((((Vickie))))) You are such a wonder to us. Thank you for trusting us to share your honest feelings. We all experience them at times but often are afraid to speak them aloud. I remember when I was still in treatment and found out that (((Fighter Lu))) (RIP) had mets. I sat at the computer and wept, tears on the table. It is a reminder that it could be any of us just as easy as one of us. There I was, crying like a baby about a woman I had never seen or talked to... except here in our sisterhood. We shared prayers and hopes... just like we do here in the circle. You belong here with us... we all need each other. Remember the story from the Bible about how the body is one unit, but made up of many parts? Each needs the other. We need you. Pushing you into the inner circle. Cover up with your afghan and rest by the fire. Not only is God watching over you, but Peter also has the night watch!
    Happy Vacations to those of you who are. Z I know that you are worn out after this week of negotiations. And Nicki, is it you that also has some well deserved time off?
    (((((Aunt Puppy))))) Silly girl. You are so giving and loving....always fighting for the rest of us, but not believing you are strong enough for you. You are a tower dear sister, and we support you. You have special angels watching over you.
    I know I have missed so many. Charlene, if I haven't welcomed you, I do that now. It is great to have you posting here. I am quite sure I have missed others, but please just blame it on chemobrain.
    Feel so stupid. Miles wanted to show me his new radio in his truck this evening. When I got home from a lingerie shower for a bride, I followed him outside and promptly fell down the steps. I don't know how it happened, I think I just missed the bottom step. Of course I hit the ground and immediately dissolved into tears. Miles ran to help me up and I quickly assured him I was ok. But it is so easy to cry lately. I have an incredible strawberry on my right shin that is more painfful than I imagined and I ache. I thought about Vickie falling out of the hammock. I hate falling, and it seems like I do it an awful lot more than I used to. I can only be thankful it was dark and the neighbors didn't see.
    Have to work again tomorrow and feel so tired. There is just so much that never gets done at home.
    Hugs and prayers to all of you...from Amy to Z.... throwing a bag of marshmallows in to the center of the circle for roasting. My friend at the shower tonight served fondue. I bet marshmallows dipped in it would be really good!!
    Good night my dear friends and sisters (and brother). Pam
  • Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    MARAGRET-BEAUTFUL POEM FITS THIS GROUP TO A T.

HAVE SOMETHING ON MY MIND AND I GUESS I NEEDD TOEMPTY MY MIND IT ISNT USED TO HAVING ANYTHING IN IT!
    BBK NEED A SOME WATER.
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    WELL HERE IT GOES

YOU ALL KNOW THAT THIS DISEaSE HAS RUINED A FRIENDSHIP. THIS WASNT ANY FRIENDSHHIIP, THIS LADY WAS MY WITNESS TO MY MARRIAGE AND WAS GOING TO GO WITH ME WHEN I HAD MY KIDS IF FOR SOME REASON MY HUSBAND COULDNT. WE HAVE REALLY BEEN THROUGH ALOT. (CONT)
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    IT GUESS IT BUGS THE HECK OUT OF ME BECAUSE THEIR IS SUCH A WALL UP NOW. ESPECIALLY SINCE MOTHER DIED IN FEBRUArY AND ALL OF MY SISTERS LIVE ON THE WEST COAST. SURE I HAVE CLOSE FRIENDS HERE AND AT HOME BUT NO ONE THAT KNOWS ME
    LIKE SHE DOES AND I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO KNOCK DOWN THE WALL A LITTLE SO WE CAN AT LEAST EXCHANGE CARDS.
  • jankay
    edited June 2007

THERE IT IS IN A NUT SHELL

• Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007

Good Morning Everyone: Being on vacation doesnt change my bodies natural alarm clock. Could have slept in late, but I didnt - as usualy.

Vickie: I read your post from last night. Seems like many of us feel that same way off and on. Then I think about why this wagon circle was started. And it was to give support and comfort to so many who were getting bad news. Together as a group we are STRONG! We can laugh and cry with each other, but no matter what - we are here to support each other.

Gather round the campfire everyone. Mena needs our help.

Liz: 8 inches of rain - cant even imagine that. You be careful out there among those mysterious puddles that could be deeper than they look like. Poor doggy. Hope the shots work.

Puppy: Whapaho? OMG Ahahahahahahahah - now that made me laugh out loud. Almost spit my coffee at the computer. Sending big hugs and love to you.

Sherloc: Hope you had fun going out to dinner last night. I can relate since I have 2 healing fx. ribs!

Jan: Terminal road rage? Ahahaha now thats funny. I read in the newspaper that Chicago has the rudest drivers. And to think I have to drive in this stuff everyday. Have fun at your party. Our big party is next Saturday.

Sue/Gus: Glad you had a couple of marguita's. You needed something to take the edge off things. Its funny, when Im drinking wine, you can always tell - cause my posts are long and wordy.

MargaretB: Loved "The Circle of Friends."

CY: Your strength is contagious. You are such a special person.

I just threw more logs on the fire. Coffee is done. As we gather around the campfire this morning, we bring strength to our dear Mena. Im walking the perimeter - I borrowed DebC's rifle and will not let the beast come anywhere near us this morning.

CY: One more thing. I never wore a wig. At first I got some hats from the American Cancer Society. They have a catalogue - but then I discovered that hats are back in style. So I went to Walmart, Target, and Penny's. They had the cutest hats. Their news boy hat were the greatest. I had hat for every outfit - Ah but then you must get earrings to match.

Laura: Dominic Charles - what a beautiful name.

Charlene: Seems like you have been here from the start. This circle thread is great isnt it?

Iris: Sky King! Do you remember Sky King. And of course there was always the original Mark of Zorro. Came in from playing outside to watch that everyday.

Hey it looks like we are gonna end up with a big party in August to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries.

LisaSoCal: What a beautiful picture. The nurse in me couldnt help but notice the full moon. Things usually go crazy when theres a full moon.

Pam: About 4 weeks ago I tripped over my dog. Just didnt see him. Felt just like you did, except I was lucky - nobody saw it happen.

Jankay: Friendshp? Its a peculiar thing. I realized the other day - that besides all of you here in the wagon circle, I dont really have any friends. My best friend was with me all through my journey, but lately she has moved onto a different life. Keep trying to schedule time together and she keeps cancelling. Wont return my phone calls anymore. I looked around and realized my DH is my best friend. So I really appreciate the friendships I have made on this site.

Well, I plan on having a productive day. Gonna go for my morning walk with my dog and then do whatever I feel like. Have a wonderful morning.

Nicki
  • Peter
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• jankay
    edited June 2007
    keyboard battery low
    so may not post for a while