Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007

Good Morning Peter and Jankay.

Nicki
  • Peter
    Peter Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Peter:

Nicki
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    Good morning sunshine sister Nicki and sweet sunshine Jankay. Peter...we'll take the watch from here...have sweet dreams and we'll wake you later...hugs.
    I want to quickly thank you all for the kind words...we all do feel the same way and I know that. I guess I'm a bit like Pam, the littlest things can make me cry any more. I'm sick of crying. But to be honest I wouldn't give a single one of you up...so..."bring on the rain"...(oops sorry shokk and Liz...just the song!).
    The boards are so slow I can't go back and read anything so I will try a bit later and I'm sorry to anyone I miss.
    Jankay...maybe you should just give her a call and tell her what you told us. If someone were to call me and say that I would probably be pretty happy. Hugs and love to you.
    Peter....I love the pictures...I love the ocean. I could build me a hut on the beach and live on clams and fish for the rest of my life. Just give me a hammock and a blue drink or two LOL.
    Lisa...I took some pictures of the moon last night too...isn't it funny, we were taking pictures of the same thing but so very far from each other.
    I took lots of pictures at the airshow and as soon as I sort them out I will post them. Nate had such a wonderful time...the planes were simply amazing, the fireworks were great. Haven't been out that late in a long time and suspect a nap is in the schedule for today!
    Angel...sounds like August is really gonna be a party month!! How cool is that...I'm always up for a party. I've hosted several birthday parties but you know what...it just dawned on me...I've never had one. Is that weird or what. I never thought about it until right this second. hmmm...maybe I'll do a surprise party for myself this year...wouldn't that be a hoot! LOL. Not at all comfortable being the center of attention though so it wouldn't work for me.
    ok...gotta get moving...really stiff and sore from sitting on the cold ground last night...lots to get done this morning so I can relax some this weekend.
    I'll be back in a bit to see if the boards are running better...love you all
    Vickie
    to all of you...one last thing...I did storm heaven last night...on my back deck with tears for every one of us and you know what...he hears, he has too, I'm praying the biggest prayer I can pray. Our Pastor told us that he expects us to expect nothing but the very best and to pray big prayers...be full of faith that he will listen and he will. Lets see if it works.
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited June 2007
    Morning all and sweet dreams Peter! I really hate Saturday mornings when I have to drive DH in for a 7AM start. I did not want to wake up. Probably the Chinese food.

Jankay, I had a wonderful guy friend that I had known for about 20 years. We had been through our dad's deaths, births of our kids, divorces from our spouses and other events. He started dating a girl about 6 years ago the same time I met DH. She didn't like any of his friends so we parted ways and I was very hurt. He finally tracked me down to let me know he got engaged to a wonderful lady. That was 4 months ago and it was like we had never had those 6 years between us. He helped shop while DH was at the hospital with me. We finally go to meet his fiance last night at dinner (she lives near Princeton, NJ). So, I guess in my long-winded way, what have you got to lose to try to patch things up? You may be pleasantly surprised.

Pam, was yesterday the day for falling? I managed to slip off the bottom step and fell right on my well-cushioned butt and managed to wrench my shoulder. Like Nicki though, I was alone in my embarrassment. But I cried too even though it didn't hurt much. That is why the PS gives me xanax!

Thanks to all the sisters who answered the MySpace call. If there are any others, please let us know. So far, I know at least 5 ladies who have added each other. Through bulletins we can keep communications open and also through messages and comments. I have been having fun with it.

Well, Ringo was all set to come out today. Then when I emptied him last night the total cc's was 30. So no go. The PS is being extremely cautious with taking him out. The color of fluid is now what it should have been after surgery, like straw. So, it may wait until Monday to get in those 48 hours of under 30 cc's.

DS called this morning already to say he is not happy at his dad's and may come home for the weekend. He does not like his dad's new girlfriend who all but ignores him like he is not there. I don't know what to say except to give it another chance. He is old enough to make up his own mind. Next weekend is his big first date. I am so proud of the way he is handling that part of his growing up. Her dad is driving one way and I will pick them up. too cute!

OK, time to go back to sleep for a little while. Hugs to all from Amy to Z, even though some of you are away on vacation!
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited June 2007
    With the 4th of July just around the corner, thought you would all enjoy this. This woman says it all when she says "I don't know about politics, but I love freedom".

http://mfile.akamai.com/21772/wmv/gannet...ckportraits.asx
  • NOLONGERREADINGORPOSTING
    NOLONGERREADINGORPOSTING Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2007

Post deleted by Mizsissy

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 471
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning Everyone!

Peter, sorry I missed you too, hope you're sleeping well down under! Love the rainforest pics, just beautiful!

SoCal, what a serene gorgeous picture.

Pam, thanks for welcoming me, so nice meeting you! Terrible about the fall, ouch! Take care of that leg!

Nicki, thanks sweetie! My you are an Early riser! This circle is Awesome!

Jankay, sorry about your friend. It is a funny thing. I was only dx'd 3 1/2 months ago and already I'm wondering where everyone went. Ahhhh, I think maybe I'm a downer and people are busy enjoying their summer and going on vacations. I'm so thankful for my family and all my new friends here on this board. Nobody else gets it like you all do.

Vickie - Love parties too but like you, I'm not comfortable being the center of attention! Still, I think you oughta give yourself one! I'm sure it would be fun! btw, I'm so glad you are staying. You are such a rock here and there's so much support for you when you need it.

It's a gorgeous day here, sunny and supposed to be about 80 degrees. Going to go enjoy it!

Love to all from Amy to Z

Charlene
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning Dears. Had a nice time last night. Went to Coulterville. Which ia an itty bitty town on the way to Yosemite. Doesn't even have a post office or grocery store or gas station. Well you get the idea. What it does have is a hotel/restaurant owned by a friend. Had a great prime rib dinner and a few laughs.

MizSissy, thank you so much for letting us know about Mena.
    Mena my friend, if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

Vicki, I've been in the same place and have come to the same conclusion. One does not walk away from friends.
    Sorrow and joy walk hand in hand. When you open your heart to one the other always follows.

Liz, poor puppy. He's gonna think he's being punished for biting you.

Beth, I see Ringing is still hanging around. Dang he's persistant. I'm sorry

Jan, remind me what we are celebrating? I forgot! Have a grand party.

Margaret, I saw the commercial for those the other day. Said to hubby, who HAS to have the latest and greatest gadget......"I get one of those before you do" ...This coming from the woman who has so far refused to join the cellphone generation. That one is just to cool to pass up.

Gus/Sue, made perfect sense to me.

Cy, I find beautiful scarves at Ross.

Peter, knowing you are our Night Watchman comforts me.

Welcome Dominic Charles.

Iris, of course you can share August with us. Were gonna have one kick a party. Might even get Marsha to dance on the bar for us.
    You have my sympathies. I lived in remodeling hell for 4 years.

Cheri, I just got it.....you have a screw loose
    hahahhahahhahahahahahhhhahah

Peter hate it when that happens. Copy before you hit the continue button so if you get the dreaded "form not valid" message all you have to do is paste.
    Beautiful Pic. One day I will see it in person. Note to self...file those darn passport papers.
    Welllll if I do say so myself I looked pretty darn good for an old broken broad.

Socal, B U T FUL!!!

Pam, OUCH! I live in fear of falling. I love fondue. Had a fondue party for hubbys birthday in March. We had great fun.

Jankay, send her a card and tell her just that. The ball is then in her court.

Happy first day of vacation Nicki. Are you gonna come to my house and make my yard as pretty as yours? I feel your pain with the broken ribs. Actually all healed up and doesn't hurt anymore. But holey smokes. We are to darn young to be breaking bones.

Good Night Peter.

Vicki, I love that song. Glad you and Nate had a good time yesterday.

Marsha, WOW!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Well - I have done absoultely nothing so far. Fell asleep on the couch watching the morning news. Now Im more tired than I was when I got up earlier!

Do I dare make another pot of coffee? Poor dog is following me around the house - waiting for the magic words. "Walk in front yard?"

Marsha: That video was awesome. Brought a tear to my eyes.

Some of you know, some of you dont. But Im a reall procrastinator. In addition, I tend to isolate myself from social gatherings since BC. Much easier to stay here in the safety of my home.

Anyways, thre is a get together today with some of our members who live in Illinois. I met all of them from visiting the Illinois thread in the Moving Beyond forum. Up until 5 minutes ago - I didnt know what I was gonna do. Decided to put my big girl panties on - and Im gonna take a ride this afternoon and say hello to many bc sisters who live in Illinois. The party starts at 1:00pm so I guess I should go out and buy something edible to bring. Slices of fresh pineapple on skewers and soaks in captain morgans rum sounds interesting. Anyways, I think I had to write this down to convince myself I should go.

Sherloc: What I find even more amazing is that we had broken ribs and suffered through all the discomfort - then didnt find out they were broken until they were healed!!

OK! Cant get out of my routine. Time to walk the dog.

Nicki
  • Silka
    Silka Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2007

Dwight Nelson recently told a true story about the pastor of his church.

He had a kitten that climbed up a tree in his backyard and then was afraid

to come down. The pastor coaxed, offered warm milk, etc.

The kitty would not come down. The tree was not sturdy enough to climb, so

the pastor decided that if he tied a rope to his car and drove away so that

the tree bent down, he could then reach up and get the kitten.

That's what he did, all the while checking his progress in the car. He then

figured if he went just a little bit further, the tree would be bent

sufficiently for him to reach the kitten. But as he moved the car a little

further forward, the rope broke. The tree went "boing!" and the kitten

instantly sailed through the air-out of sight.

The pastor felt terrible. He walked all over the neighborhood asking people

if they'd seen a little kitten. No. Nobody had seen a stray kitten. So he

prayed, "Lord, I just commit this kitten to your keeping," and went on about

his business.

A few days later he was at the grocery store, and met one of his church

members. He happened to look into her shopping cart and was amazed to see

cat food. This woman was a cat hater and everyone knew it, so he asked her,

"Why are you buying cat food when you hate cats so much?"

She replied, "You won't believe this," and then told him how her little girl

had been begging her for a cat, but she kept refusing. Then a few days

before, the child had begged again, so the Mom finally told her little girl,

"Well, if God gives you a cat, I'll let you keep it."

She told the pastor, "I watched my child go out in the yard, get on her

knees, and ask God for a cat. And really, Pastor, you won't believe this,

but I saw it with my own eyes. A kitten suddenly came flying out of the blue

sky, with its paws outspread, and landed right in front of her."

Never underestimate the Power of God and His unique sense of humor.
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    Morning everyone – day 18 of rain. Can we say this is getting depressing? Makes me sit and eat. Not a good thing.

I’m going to go read back and be back later. Have to run some errands today. Hmmm – maybe go pontoon boat shopping. LOL

Hugs
    Liz
  • sherloc
    edited June 2007

Note to self......read before you post.....fix typos

• sherloc
    edited June 2007
    Nicki, indeed. how silly is that.
    Have a grand time today. Pineapple with captain morgans sounds perfect for a hot summer day.
    Hmmm have to go grocery shopping today. Might just add that to the list.
  • lizws
    edited June 2007
    Nicki - go for it girl! I'm sure once you get there, you'll have a great time. We want pics too.

Okay - off to the store.
  • zazette15
    zazette15 Member Posts: 223
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning Jankay!! Sorry I left your name out, didn't mean to - brain fart!!!
    Have a great day everyone! I probably will not be back on for a bit, I hate cafes.
  • sherloc
    edited June 2007

have a great time at the beach Z

• RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited June 2007
    Doris:I love that story.That is so cute.and so true at the same time.

Z:how was the beach? I wish I were near one..

It is so hot here today already.The humidity is about in the 80's.And its just beginning.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Deb:how does the temp run in alaska this time of year?
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited June 2007
    Hello friends - Just checking in to say hi and wish everyone a good weekend. I'm totally out of the loop this week. New job way too stressful. I have some serious thinking and sould searching to do this weekend. All that stress is not good for the body.

Sending lots of hugs and healing light your way.
    Love,
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Good morning happy campers. Its Saturday...yahoo! Going to work on de-cluttering the house again this weekend.

Tgirl -- you're just going to have to get out of jury duty then. Those dates just do not work for us!

Denise -- hope you are having a great weekend.

Gus/Sue -- hope your days are much better now.

Susan -- did you remember what you were going to tell us yet?

CY -- heres a hug for you {{CY}}. I hope things are a bit better today.

Madison -- hello.

Suze -- cute test. I passed! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Tricia -- so glad your Key West meetings went well. Now try to enjoy the weekend.

Margaret -- good luck with boot camp. It was nice seeing you at the party last night.

Angel -- what a wonderful addition to the circle you are. I'm so glad you are here.

Liz -- are you still getting rain? Hope you didn't get hurt getting down from the chandelier. How is your dog doing? I know what its like to have a sick pet. They are like family.

Peter -- for some reason, I dreamed a big pink elephant gave me a hug last night and I didn't drink at the party. I really enjoyed your poem. It made me a little sad though. Great pictures!

Nicki -- I sure hope you are enjoying your vacation. Have a great time at the party today.

Betty -- how did the bone scan go?

Cheri -- I hope you have a relaxing weekend and the leg is doing well. Hugs.

Jankay -- you are always a ray of sunshine each day. I look forward to your posts.

Kristen -- hi.

Marsha -- have fun at the Comedy Club. This may be just the thing you need to help you over this rough patch. Please tell Sheri we miss her when you see her tomorrow. Thanks for the video.

Shirl -- I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands coworker. Death is always sad but it just seem wrong that people should be taken so young. Lovely poem. I'm glad that the scans came back okay. I'm not sure if its appropriate to say hurray for a broken bone -- but its a long strange trip we've been on.

Shokk -- thanks for what you said. I really appreciate it. YOu have a great sense of humor and you add zest to the circle.

Robin -- please come to the circle when you are down. We are here for you.

Pam -- I hope work is going better. Its a shame when work gets in the way of our fun. But -- its a living.

Ms Z -- I hope you have a nice relaxing vacation. How are the negotiations going? Any news yet?

Vickie -- I'm so glad you had a good time at the air show. Its like 'shock and awe', isn't it. They're so impressive. How is Nate's leg? Here's a hug -- {{vickie}}. We are strong when we are united.

NS -- I'm so glad to see you posting. We worry about you when we don't hear anything. How are you tolerating the abraxane?

Laura -- so happy to hear that mother and baby are doing well. Tell Dominic hello from all his 'aunties' and 'uncle'.

Iris -- you're going to have to post pics when you get the remodel project finished!

Lisa -- I always love your pictures! You are very talented.

Odalys -- I hope you get some good insight this weekend. Life is too short to deal with stressful jobs and toxic relationships. Big hugs!

Be back later...
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited June 2007
    Hi
    Just a quick fly by to say Hi. I have not read back so am at a total loss to what is up except I see that Mena is having a hard time.
    Dear Mena - Sending love, good thoughts and prayers your way. If I can do anything at all that will help please PM me. Don't know where you are located but if you are near me and need me I will be there.
    Hugs to everyone else. I will try to catch up over the next few days.
    Love and hugs to all
    Sue
  • sherloc
    edited June 2007
    Well Shoot Howdy, I just had a light bulb moment. Discussing life and not breathing with my daughter and she made comment about the bats in my attic. Looked it up and sure enough one can get respratory (sp?) allergies from fungus caused by bat droppings. Good thing hubby and I have decided the bats need to find a new place to live. But unfortunately none of the bat getter ridders will do anything about it till fall when the babies are big enough to leave the nest. Gonna start sleeping down stairs in the guest room and see if that helps.
    Dang I feel smart right now.
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    I am going to have to also do a quick fly by....to say Hi to all....I put the crochet hook down so I can grab the cleaning supplies....bbl

Shirley, just saw your post.....I think you may have hit on something with the bat gunk...just wish you could do something sooner...

Nicki, have a FANTASTIC TIME!!! give all those ladies big hugs from all of us...wish we could all be there

(Liz.....I booked a flight to OK this morning.....I WILL go see my eldest in OK on 7/11)
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

Wow Shirl. You need to get some professionals in after you get them out to clean up all the bat guano. Its toxic!

• lizws
    edited June 2007
    Okay - so I didn't go to the grocery store. Instead I went and bought more yarn and went to exercise. LOL Food is so overrated anyway.

Madison - YES! Let me know if you want to get together while you're there.

Shir - that could very likely be your problem. Just wish they could do something before fall.

phone - brb
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2007
    Good marning(on the west coast)
    I am off for lunch with some ladies who worked together over forty years ago..oh, gosh does that make me feel old!!

I heard on the news last night we didn't even get four inches of rain this year total!! They measure it July 1st to the next July 1st.
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited June 2007
    WOW Everyone is cleaning today.WHOOOO
    I knew it would rub off sooner or later.

Jasmine: I know,but I feel like I have whined enough to all of you.and now its time to S&*t or get off the pot.There are other in far worse condition than i am right now.SO I just try and keep it inside.

I have got to find someone to help me with this knee and shoulder.Both are killing me,my knee hurts so bad I cant hardly get up and down.And my shoulder hurts and my arm is swollen and I could go on and on.I am going to ask my onc for an orthopod referral when I go back to see him.It is making me miserable.
    Enough pain I think could kill a person after awhile.
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited June 2007
    Good morning all!

We are having a string of beautiful weather, sunny and 70 degrees...just beautiful. Remember, it is light about 22 hours a day right now...so when we have a sunny day we have a loooooooong sunny day

We had a wrap-up party here last night for our Relay for life team. We had about 30 people here. We ate a ton of food, drew names to split up the pile of prizes we won and had a game of soccer in the back yard that lasted until 10:30! Everyone had a blast. It is a really fun group of people.

I have a bunch of stuff to get done today, so i might not be on much. I wish I could send some sunshine to those of you that need it! I could spare a few hours a day and never miss it.

Bugs and Fishes
    Deb c
  • lizws
    edited June 2007
    Back - DH is on vacation and so far all he's done is slept. At least he's out of my hair. Gave my dog his shot. Not sure I'm going to be his friend for the next 8 days. Hope this helps.

Deb - I would so love to see some sun. I know I complain about the heat but geez - enough is enough rain!

Madison - where are you flying into? Do you need a ride?

Jas - Mena said she was going to call you sometime.

Again - had a blast talking with Mena last night.

Hugs and prayers
    Liz
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited June 2007
    Hi,
    Just a quick fly by for me. Kevin is keeping me busy.
    He is doing great and is getting stronger every day. Thank you all for keeping him in the circle.
    Mena- I don't know what to say...I am praying for you. There are so many new drugs there has to be another they can try.
    Beth- I'll take the ride up with you. I make a mean Lasagna.That's the irish in me food cures what ails you. Maybe that is why I am in WW for about the 6th time! Give me a call.
    Vicky-you are such a caring and loving person. We need you here!
    Nicky and Z- enjoy your vacation! I love the beach. It is what I call my happy place.
    Love to all I missed..Denise,Karen,Peter,Jankay,Cy,Margaret,Deb,Cheri,Sheri, so many I missed.
    Take Care,
    Joyce