Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dancing with the Stars

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,035
    edited October 2018
    Options

Divine, are we the only two watching this fall?

Anyway, I thought the right person went home tonight.There are quite a few good dancers, quite a few fun dancers, and some who are good & fun both. After the 'nos' are voted out, there should be an interesting competition.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,076
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hmmm....yeah, anyone else care to weigh in on season 27 so far?

Agree about the elimination. The Las Vegas theme was fun. I like that blonde from Harry Potter, Evanna. She has a cute, quirky something about her. I thought Milo was once again terrific. And Mary Lou Retton dancijgnto Copacobana was great.

It sounds like another elimination next Monday, so maybe the two night will be over for now.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited October 2018
    Options

Agree with you Mrs M it's too soon for all the bells and whistles, all I could think of in some of the dances was , really where is the dance part throwing in a couple of steps of the overall dance is not doing it for me, and also don't have a clue on who half of them are but that's fine I'll get to learn their names (just like Survivor) I have to say I'm actually looking forward to the kids version on sunday night, I think it will be more dancing the dance and not so much all the razzle dazzle.

• ceanna
    ceanna Member Posts: 3,120
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi All. I've wanted to watch but life keeps getting in the way. I hope to catch up through "On Demand" but don't let that hold you up from discussing the winners and losers--I always read the last pages of a book before I finish also!!!

• ruthbru
    edited October 2018
    Options

I was out to dinner so missed tonight's show

• divinemrsm
    edited October 2018
    Options

It was a great show- most memorable year!

Mary Lou, wow! Loved it!

Milo Manheim, fabulous!!!

Alexis, soo moving and beautiful! I loved her dress, too.

Evanna, lovely! I'm glad Keo finally got a decent celebrity to dance with.

Juan Pablo, amazing!

DeMarcus, oh.my.word! He triple spun Lindsey's body like she was a chicken on a barbecue spit! It was poetry (poultry even!) in motion!

And I agreed with who was eliminated.

Btw, I caught the kid version of DWTS on Sunday and altho I'm somewhat uncomfortable with some of the costuming and a few of the dance moves for these young people, overall it was entertaining.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2018
    Options

I am going to have to watch that one!

• divinemrsm
    edited October 2018
    Options

Definitely worth googling DeMarcus and Lindsey as well as Juan Pablo and Cheryl. Oh my!

• MiCyn
    MiCyn Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2018
    Options

Oh My !!!

I just ran across this topic..didn't know it was here! One of my FAV shows... I'm still not familiar with some of the 'celebrities' on this season. I have to agree with the rundown MrsM gave. I think grocery store Joe really needs to go. He just looks so uncomfortable out there. I think he will be relieved when he gets sent home. There are some amazing dancers though... Juan Pablo! WOW!! Nice meeting you all here BTW..I will be back ! Cyn

• divinemrsm
    edited October 2018
    Options

Happy you found us, MiCyn!

• divinemrsm
    edited October 2018
    Options

Trio night-usually a huge favorite of mine. Last night seemed lackluster, tho. I did enjoy who they added as the third person, all those former contestants. The best celebrities of the night were Milo, Mary Lou and Alexis.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2018
    Options

I am at the bummed stage because the obviously worst dancer, The Bachelor guy is still in. I know it's a popularity contest as much as a dance contest, but that part annoys me.

• divinemrsm
    edited October 2018
    Options

Spoiler alert, because I am going to mention who got voted off this week. First of all, here's who I voted for after the dances were through, before they eliminated anyone. Theirs are the dances I liked best. I gave Mary Lou a vote because she was so honest and vulnerable.

And I will admit, grocery store Joe did have his best dance tonight. But still, he shoulda been voted off. And I am sad to see Mary Lou go.

Cute show tonight, tho. Juan Pablo is pretty hot to watch, he got somethin'. Yet Milo is impressive as well. I would like to see the four above, minus Mary Lou, in the semifinals.

• ruthbru
    edited October 2018
    Options

I was in flying home from a vacation last Monday but got to watch the whole show tonight. I am satisfied with the outcome.

I loved Milo the most, followed by Juan Pablo.

My next tier would have Ivana, Bobby Bones, Alexis, and DeMarcus.

IMO, Joe should be next to go, followed by John.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2018
    Options

Well, I didn't agree with one of the two who got voted off, but.....

*I missed John's dance but it sounded like it went well

*Ivanna-very beautiful dance, deserved the high scores

*Juan Pablo-very good

*Grocery Joe-no

*Milo-I just love him!

*Marcus-I thought he did really well tonight, very smooth moves

*Alexis-very nice, fun dance

* Bobby Bones-fun but a little choppy

Both group dances were great. I agree with the judges that the second one was a little too busy.

• divinemrsm
    edited November 2018
    Options

Good analysis of the dances, Ruth. I thought the night was fun, but still, no dance really wowed me. I did like the first team dance better. Yes, Milo is probably the strongest contender for the mirror ball. He has a little extra special something, not just in the dance moves, that makes it fun to watch him. He is really sincere yet lighthearted.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2018
    Options

I didn't see John's dance so don't know if he should have left or not. But I certainly thought Joe should have gone before Marcus.

• divinemrsm
    edited November 2018
    Options

John’s dance was good. It was very similar to Team 2’s dance, his song was John Denver’s Thank God I’m a Country Boy. But still, it was time for him to go and Joe was terrible and shoulda gone long ago!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2018
    Options

Well, that seriously sucked. One of the two kicked off should have probably been this year's winner Devil

• MiCyn
    MiCyn Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2018
    Options

I agree Ruthbru! I'm glad Joe is no longer in the running...But what a shocker to see Juan Pablo go.😣 It really has become more of a popularity contest...

• ruthbru
    edited November 2018
    Options

I thought Bobby should be the other one done tonight. Juan Pablo would have been the last one I thought would/should go.

• divinemrsm
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Finally, a night of excellent performances. I wasn’t sure we’d see any high caliber dancing this season.

My recap:

I loved both of Bobby Bones’ dances and felt badly that he was scored so low by the judges. He was entertaining.

Alexis is a slender slip of a girl, isn’t she? Great dances, I especially loved her blue shimmery dress in the rainy first dance.

Evanna has an ethereal beauty, her hair and makeup enhance her eyes incredibly and she is exquisite to look at. It feels like her dances are all the same, tho, regardless of the type of dance.

Juan Pablo, simply wow. What I especially like is how Cheryl’s amazing dancing gets to shine with such a fabulius partner. Oh, the poor man was robbed!!!

Joe....all I’ll say is the judges scored him appropriately!

Milo seems to have it all. The moves plus charisma. His second dance left me feeling so happy. This morning I can’t even remember what the dance was, I only remember how much fun I had watching it!

It goes to show, however, what an amazing fan base Bobby Bones has since he had such low judges scores and yet is going to the finals rather than Juan who did I mention got robbed??? We were all looking forward to seeing Juan in the finals! Ah, such is how it goes with DWTS!!!
  • ruthbru
    edited November 2018
    Options

I was especially moved that Keo was so thrilled with getting so far into the competition and I am very drawn to Evanna's dancing. Milo's dancing makes me happy too. Bobby is sweet (although I thought he should have been voted off), and Alexis is like a pixie. The finals should be interesting!

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi Ladies! I'm so excited to see fellow Dancing with the Stars fans! As a wanna be dancer my whole life, I've been fan of the show for years. In my mind I can totally do it😄. Let me give you my take on why Juan Pablo got the boot, as good as he was, and with the touching backstory of his sweet mother's breast cancer battle. He is a trained Broadway dancer, thats how he started in show biz. As much as I love watching his great dancing, he started out great, stayed great. The others, like Bobby B. have no dance background, although it appears Evanna had ballet somewhere in her past. I prefer to see non dancers , become dancers!( secretly gives me hope that I can!😉) I think thats one reason Juan Pablo was eliminated. I think the home voter likes the transformation. The best dancer doesn't always win. Should be a good finale!

• divinemrsm
    edited November 2018
    Options

Ruth, oh, yes! Thanks for reminding me about Keo's moment. It was incredible and I got tears in my eyes when emotion overtook him and he was speechless.

Cali, love hearing your take on the elimination of Juan Pable. I didn't know he had Broadway experience and now everything is making sense. I thought he was just an actor who somehow was just discovering he had a dancing gene. Your right, that tends to sway votes. Sooo many people feel that kind of background is “cheating."

Its funny you mention the best dancer doesnt always win. My sister and I are having this conversation (disagreement) where she doesn't like the show because of that. My answer is that it isn't always the best “technical"dancer, but it is always the “right" person who wins. Its never a bad dancer, say the grocery store Joes or Bristol Palins or the Martina Navratilovas or the Billy Ray Cyruses. Its always someone who has grown better through the process and has earned the mirrorball. They have to have a certain charisma, and they have to peak at just the right time. They might not do everything perfectly but they do enough of all the above that puts them over the top.

Oh, and when you get to the finals, it ALL depends on the freestyle. Blow that and you blow your chances to win.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2018
    Options

Remind me; do the couples get to choose their own dances for the final night?

• CaliKelly
    CaliKelly Member Posts: 198
    edited November 2018
    Options

They get to pick freestyle, but I think there is another dance, seems different every year, like ,a combo where they mash up 2 dances, let's say a quickstep and salsa . They used to have the judges pick a dance to repeat, but they did that last night.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2018
    Options

I'm glad they get to pick their own freestyles so each can play to their strengths.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited November 2018
    Options

I can't believe after being such a faithful viewer for so many seasons I've missed almost the entire season and I don't know why, I totally forgot about DWTS but I did watch last monday so at least I'm coming in on the tail end.

• divinemrsm
    edited November 2018
    Options

Cheryl, glad you caught that episode!

Ok, I think I can add a little more insight into the Bobby Bones goes to the finals instead of Juan Pablo saga. Hope I can explain it well enough that you can follow my thought process.

First, DWTS had the country night. Bobby Bones danced to Elvis's “I Can't Help Falling in Love with You". The song was performed by popular country singer Chris Janson. My sister's sister-in-law has a son, Curtis, from a previous marriage, and he is the guitar player for Chris. Yep, Curtis was there (shaggy dark hair, cute) playing beside Chris on DWTS that night. So later, I was looking up info on Chris and his bandmembers. And I see a little blurb in Wikipedia about how Bobby Bones made a huge difference in Chris's career by playing one of his songs on air and telling his listeners Chris was an underdog without a record deal and to give his song a chance. Well, the song shot up the charts and Chris became successful.

So there are connections that Bobby Bones has that probably are helping ABC land some top talent. But wait. Tonight I'm watching the Country Music Awards. Its on...ABC, same as DWTS! And the camera pans to different celebs in the audience and who do I see? Why, it's Bobby Bones and Sharna right up front there! And then they presented an award. This tells me that obviously Bobby is in tight with ABC, the CMAs and all the big wigs with clout that run the network and the shows and make the deals. (And manipulate voting results!) I think Bobby's goofy little act is just an act. The guy knows how to wheel and deal. He may have even cut a deal when he signed on the DWTS where he was guaranteed a certain amount of advancing in the show.

But he better not win. I still think it will be Milo's trophy.