Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,483
    edited January 2012

dropjohn, there's a busy thread called "The solution to painful intercourse!!!!! Yippee!!" where community members are sharing their experiences, and that may help you.

Judith and the Mods

• jancie
    jancie Member Posts: 403
    edited January 2012

I got my mojo back with scream cream and also the pain associated with intercourse.  Ya'll need to come over to that thread that Judith mentions and get an update on the SC.  IT WORKS!

• tracie23
    tracie23 Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2012

I used premara just a tiny bit inside and rubbed a small amount on the outside... It really helped and I use replens now and I hardly even need that... my last chemo was in Feb so it does come back but I do know what you mean about the brittle effect has at the moment....

• FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited January 2012

Hi dropjohn...I've been using the Estring for about a year now and started because my bf and I were passing a UTI back and forth and my gyn thought that I might be susceptible due to dryness. Now I never, consciously, felt that dryness was a problem, but I'm thinking that it was in the process of becoming one, so I'm thrilled to have gotten the Estring "in time." It has, actually, caused me to become about as lubricated as when I was in my 20's and is a truly happy outcome! My onc okayed my using this, but since it does involve the local release of estrogen, some oncs and bc survivors avoid it. It's a personal choice and, if you're okay with a little estrogen, it's a great one! As for wetness, it has increased, for me, both the internal and extrenal areas. I definitely recommend it! 

~Marin

• dropjohn
    dropjohn Member Posts: 26
    edited January 2012

My vulva is so irritated and tender as it is, I'm not looking to put anything with *peppermint oil* on! Yoikes!

I've tried a number of lubes and oils - it's just not working, and I'm not willing to live in a constant state of discomfort. Estrogen, dammit!

• dropjohn
    edited January 2012

fitchik,

thanks! My onco wants me to use a estrogen cream first (which doesn't make sense to me) but I  think I'll be flouting her advice and going for the estring - it releases lower levels of estrodiol than the creams (according to Dr S. Love) .

It's not a penetration problem, per se - though I don't want it to develop ionto one - it's that my external bits are constantly irritated, burning  and uncomfortable; my labia are shrinking, and the wholething is painful. 

fingers crossed!  $55 co-pay, here I come. I may also get a scrip for the cream, just to see, not planning on using both...

Still, a little warning would have been nice. Not best pleased here. 

thanks to all for feedback! I'll let you know how it goes. 

• DFC1994
    DFC1994 Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2012

Have any of you ladies ever went to a sex therapist? My hubby and I have our first appointment this evening., I have HIGH hopes. if any of you have went FEEDBACK! please.

Dee

• rgiuff
    rgiuff Member Posts: 339
    edited January 2012

I have the estradiol cream, which I use mainly for the vulva and a tiny bit on the inside.  Like you Dropjohn, I have more of a problem with the outer areas getting easily irritated, especially since this is the area that has to be stimulated in order for anything good to happen!  I also swear that my clitoris has shrunk, making the skin there much thinner in the past couple of years.

I have also found a product on the internet which is an estriol suppository.  It's ingredients consist of beeswax, cocoa butter, vitamin E, and estriol.  I don't use the whole suppository and it comes in 1 or 2 mg strengths.  I use the 1 mg.  I find this even better than the prescription estradiol cream for the outer areas.  Anybody who is interested in this product can PM me for more information.

• Suzanne3131
    Suzanne3131 Member Posts: 2,000
    edited January 2012

rgluff ~ and these suppositories are ok for us being hormone positive?  I have used these and they help so much!  But I am always a little afraid I shouldn't.....and I don't talk to my onc about it!

• rgiuff
    edited January 2012

Suzanne, estriol is supposed to be the good protective estrogen, and like estradiol, it's also bioidentical to our body's chemistry.  Those 2 factors make me feel just fine about using it.  I mean, my Onc is OK with a little bit of estradiol, which is not THE protective estrogen, so I can't imagine why he would object to the estriol suppository.  Just for curiousity, I do plan to mention it on my next visit, which is coming up this week.  I suspect that his response would run along the lines of "this hasn't been tested in trials."

I personally, also don't fear estrogen all that much.  I've become postmenopausal since all this BC stuff started almost 4 years ago.  I think my body needs a little bit of estrogen for everything to function optimally.  I feel so strongly about this, that I don't want to switch to AIs, which is what my Onc has been trying to make happen.  My labs have not been showing postmenopausal values on the FSH and estradiol, so he's been unable to make that change.  

• topless
    topless Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2012

I laughed when I saw the name of this thread.  I had been telling people that I've lost my mojo too.  Shortly before I was diagnosed with BC and underwent a BMX I had been exploring getting a new puppy.  My husband was not greatly enthused about this but I went ahead with it and got a little Maltese puppy about 2 months after everything.  I named him  Mojo of course!  Now I can tell people I've got my Mojo back. (Well not really, but he's certainly helped in the depression deparetment).  My hubbie went along with it - I think it was kind of a pity puppy thing.

• Suzanne3131
    Suzanne3131 Member Posts: 2,000
    edited January 2012

Thanks so much rgluff!  I am so glad....this product changes everything!

• dropjohn
    edited January 2012

Almost a week using the estring, and I've noticed a difference - my vulva isn't so irritated, and my mood improved almost immediately. I think enough estradiol is getting into my system to make a difference.

Estadiol  is supposed to be *relatively* safe for hormone positive women to use; the estring releases lower levels into the bloodstream than creams.

I'm fine with the possibly increased risk of recurrence versus possible increased life span but incredibly craptastic quality of life. I probably wouldn't have gone through chemo in the first place had I realized it would push me into permanent menopause - I know my body well enough to know that I would react badly to medically induced menopause. I don't have children or a live in partner - so I really only need to be concerned with *my* quality of life.

My oncologist* didn't want me to use the estring, but my primary prescribed it for me, thank ye gods and little fishes. There are some side effects, but not wanting to kill myself every minute of every day is well worth it, IMHO. 

rgiuff, I noticed shrinkage as well - and the constant discomfort/pain was just unbearable. A little warning on these effects would have been nice.

* I'm going to be firing my oncologist - I'm not best pleased with the lack of communication over these issues. 

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    edited January 2012

There may be light at the end of the tunnel...

I used just a tiny bit of the numbing cream in the painful area and hubby bought a "blue dolphin" from Drugstore.com

Things are looking up...Wink

• Cyborg
    Cyborg Member Posts: 192
    edited January 2012

What is a blue dolphin?

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    edited January 2012

Umm...

It is a vibrator in the shape of a blue dolphin.  Actually has a cute smile on it.

From the Doc Johnson Animal Instincts set.

It seems they come in lots of different animals?Embarassed

• dropjohn
    edited February 2012

Honestly, it still sucks.

• rgiuff
    edited February 2012

What still sucks?  Dropjohn, sorry but I'm not quite following your last post.  Are you talking about the estring?

• dropjohn
    edited February 2012

Although my labia is less irriated using the estring - it's not like it was "before". I've lost the lovely slippery egg white self lubrication; my crotch still feels painfully *raw* and uncomfortable.

I'm not even talking about sex, just daily life.

sorry for lack of clarity earlier, I'm frustrated and angry. 

• Cyborg
    edited February 2012

Well, Valentines day was OK except for me trying to have sex... Been using coconut oil but may try coconut butter tonight. Gotta keep trying.

• MissShapen
    MissShapen Member Posts: 3,963
    edited March 2012

I have a feeling this has been asked and answered, but I don't have time to read through it all.... I don't have any problem with lubrication, but my stupid antidepressants are making me anaorgasmic

(I have a difficult time arriving). I need a different kind of cream. Any suggestions?

Miss S 

• MissShapen
    edited March 2012

I have a feeling this has been asked and answered, but I don't have time to read through it all.... I don't have any problem with lubrication, but my stupid antidepressants are making me anaorgasmic

(I have a difficult time arriving). I need a different kind of cream. Any suggestions?

Miss S 

• Cyborg
    edited March 2012

Try a different antidepressant?

• rgiuff
    edited March 2012

MissShapen,  I was given a prescription by my Onc for Wellbutrin due to problems with tamoxifen making me anorgasmic for awhile.  The wellbutrin did help but it started causing me other side effects that I couldn't tolerate.  Maybe it would be OK for you.  I believe it's one of the few antidepressants that doesn't cause sexual difficulties and actually can improve problems in this area.

• MissShapen
    edited March 2012

Thanks for your replies! I guess I am willing to change my meds, but Paxil works so well for my anxiety, I'm kinda scared of switching. I don't have depression. I'm not sure if Wellbutrin is for anxiety, but I would be willing to try it. I must say the Paxil makes me so sleepy!

Rose, what were the bad side effects for you? 

• twinsis
    twinsis Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012

MissShapen, I am a mental health counselor so I know a little bit about depression & anxiety meds. Wellbutrin is definitely not for anxiety, it can actually increase it.  If you suffer from anxiety, you would not want to replace Paxil with Wellbutrin. But you could talk to your doctor about taking both of them. Best wishes!

• MissShapen
    edited March 2012

Thanks for your replies! I guess I am willing to change my meds, but Paxil works so well for my anxiety, I'm kinda scared of switching. I don't have depression. I'm not sure if Wellbutrin is for anxiety, but I would be willing to try it. I must say the Paxil makes me so sleepy!

Rose, what were the bad side effects for you? 

• MissShapen
    edited March 2012

thanks, twinsis! :)I will look into it...

• MissShapen
    edited March 2012

thanks, twinsis! :)I will look into it...

• MissShapen
    edited March 2012

I bought some arousal gel and it seems to be working. I guess I'll stick with the Paxil.