Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Comments

• FrannyK
    FrannyK Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2008

Wishiwere....thanks for the note....so......are you able to have intercourse?  Maybe I will go back and try the estrace...i have the entire prescription that i barely tried.  It's weird to not have that part of sex.   Back then when i tried the estrace...it seemed to "heal"  but I was too freaked out to keep using it.  My situation is I dont have "dryness"...just the thinning of the lining...so even if i'm aroused...it's too painful for intercourse...very frustrating.  But have you ever tried olive oil...?  I'm wondering if the fat is like a coating that prevents pain.  It's just weird...do we absorb the olive oil...i don't know how we could..but what happens to it afterwards...weird. 

• wishiwere
    wishiwere Member Posts: 934
    edited September 2008

Hm...I have no idea, I'm assuming we absorb some, and expel some and such.  Probably like everything that enters there! :D 

Yes, we've had 'sex' since, but only once, and it was too early really.  I started with only 2X a week as the doc said, but I've read it is indicated to do daily for a week or two, so I increased to every other day for week or 10 days and will try again this week when he's home. It was better I can say, but still sore, just NOT painful! And I didn't bleed, which made me feel better after too.  I was concerned about the bleeding meaning it was open then, and apt to get infections, so I'm sure that caused anxiety which then translates into more aprehension and thus, more tension and not such good relaxation. 

I will say, my pharmacists is VERY aprehensive of me taking it.  I will only do it for 2-3 months max and no longer, regardless of the results, b/c the way I see it, it is stupid to take this stuff while on arimidex. I mean, why put up with all the SE's from Arimidex, if I'm going to be using estrace, you know? So...let you know when we try again :)

• FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2008

Thought I'd post this tidbit here, specifically for the faint-of-heart when it comes to buying a vibrator. You should all know that the Hitachi Magic Wand (aka Mr. Big) is actually marketed as a "personal massager" and, as such, is terrific. I often have aches and pains after a heavy wiorkout and it does the trick. Fortunately, it also does the other "trick" amazingly well too and, so, is a valuable possession. So we were in Brookstone yesterday and right as we entered, there was a huge display of various "personal massagers." Sweeeeeet! Some of them were HUGE, but they all looked quite effective! Take a look:

http://www.brookstone.com/store/thumbnail.asp?wid=17&cid=1702&sid=170203

So if you're shy about ordering stuff or buying from the sex stores, here's a perfect way to buy a 2-in-one electronic buddy. I highly recommend them and perhaps regular use can help some of you jump-start your engines again..? Cool 

~Marin

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited September 2008

Oh I so hear everyone. I so desire to have my mojo back! I miss that intimacy and it is such a wonderful stress reliever. I use to be a Passion Consultant for Passion Parties. They sale a great lubricant called revelation. It actives with water or saliva during use. They do have libido pills as well called Pure Satisfaction. I have not tried these. My doctor doesn't want me to use them at this time. Though I am so tempted too. There is also a gel called Pure Satisfaction Gel and it is wonderful you put it on your clit and it stimulates the area. This helps sometimes to make the area a little sensitive. But have not been able to have that amazing climax. I help my husband out and he has the best golden tongue. I miss all those things so much. It feels good just not amazing. I sleep  a lot to and get tired of my days passing me by. I do my best to have a good attitude but do have my days,  I am sure we all do. You can go look at http://www.passionparties.com/ and find a consultant in your area. If not I can hook you up with one here in Arizona. I pray that we all are able to get our mojo back soon. It is a great thing to have a good sex life. Especially with someone you love. My husband has been so wonderful. I am so blessed to have him in my life. Thanks for opening this discussion up. So many people are quiet about their sex lives.  I think it is important. To vent is a great thing too! We have a lot to vent about. Cancer just is NO FUN! It can spoil so much. I do my best to not let it, but you face it each and every day it does make it hard.

Blessings; Elizabeth

• FitChik
    edited September 2008

Welcome, Elizabeth! We can always use more expert advice here. It is my strong opinion that bc survivors, especially, deserve the pleasures brought about through celebrating our own physical selves!

~Marin

• Mary-Lou
    Mary-Lou Member Posts: 630
    edited September 2008
    Bumping Wink
  • ellenoire
    ellenoire Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2008

bump

• ellenoire
    ellenoire Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2008

Note to Mojo board. 8 weeks out of chemo and my Mojo is mostly back. Not quite as strong as before, but the dryness issues are pretty much gone.

We still use organic shea butter for lube( not condom friendly remember) 

I am not on Tamox, but I am still in chemopause. 

Just FYI. 

Good Luck everyone! 

• whoopsiedoodles
    whoopsiedoodles Member Posts: 224
    edited September 2008

Did you guys notice the "Mojo" thread has been around almost 4 years?!?! 

That's a looong time. 

PS-we're having a tough time fitting any mojo into our lives now that we have two houses on the market.  YIKES! 

• sausgirl
    sausgirl Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2008

Well,I had to leave a message here.Sex is bigtime on the stop phase (other medical stuff going on),but I had to see for myself if the mojo is still there.And it is.SurprisedWink

Take care,

Jan 

• FitChik
    edited September 2008

Yay, Jan, glad to hear it!  Same for you, Ellenoire (what a beautiful name!)! Keep sharing, girls....we still have plenty of our sisters who are trying to re-discover the mojo.

And Deb, ahem, two freakin' houses means MORE places to do it, ya know Tongue out!  And BTW, I wonder if you have discovered how amazing the Wedge is with HIM on it???!

~Marin

• whoopsiedoodles
    edited September 2008

OMG, Marin, I honestly haven't thought of that!  I bet that would be pretty hot. 

When you use it with you on it, do you ever prop pillows underneath/around you?  We've got a headboard that doesn't exactly support such motion if I am propped against it.  I wondered if extra pillows would take away the effect. 

What is the link again for all the "Wedge tutorials?"  I know you posted it here before, and I wanted dh to check it out. 

• FitChik
    edited September 2008

Here the link:  http://www.liberator.com/products.php?id=31&title=Wedge While you guys are looking at positions with the Wedge, maybe you'd also like to look through the millions of other ones here:  http://www.sexinfo101.com/sp_arch.shtml  We like to try a few new ones every time we think of it. It certainly keeps things happening!

We now have one Wedge at my house and one at his! As for additional pillows, we haven't used any but we don't usually use the Wedge lengthwise on the bed. If its on the bed, it's usually across it or lined up with the side so that he can stand or kneel easily. So the headboard hasn't been an issue.

~Marin

• Mary-Lou
    edited September 2008

I so need one of those pillows, it crossed my mind as I was enjoying Michael's Birthday present {ME}WinkEmbarassed

I needed it more than him.

I really try to keep his pipes clean, and I don't always go into it with the passion I wish I could have. Seems like such work at times.

I seem to get into what I call a "Mind-Trap".

But tonight was good, I will sleep well while he works the midnight shift. Laughing

I thought this was a beautiful picture. Hope you all enjoy it too.

Photobucket

• Mary-Lou
    edited September 2008
    Marin~ Thanks for all the info....
  • Mary-Lou
    edited September 2008

Just wanted to share this picture. It reminded me of romance.

• LuLu
    LuLu Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2008

I am so agreement with Mena who started this thread. If this were a man's disease, we'd have better solutions to all the intimacy issues by now.

Believe it or not, I have even had a female gynocologist (she was/is young) blow me off about this issue. It was after my hysterectomy. Good grief, when I start Tamoxifen, I don't expect her to be any more sympathetic. She actually said to me when I complained that I couldn't climax anymore: "Sometimes women just aren't in the mood."

Are you kidding me? I've been married for 14 years. I know sex. And it's one thing to not feel like having sex--which is bad enough--and it's another to want it really bad and not be able to climax.

I'm really feeling the pain--literally--of "equipment" failure these days.

Bumping this thread for all of us.

• wishiwere
    wishiwere Member Posts: 934
    edited September 2008

Lulu!  You need to find another Gyno.  Seriously. There are things you can use temporarily to correct the problem of thinned lining and such to make the tissue more supple. After that, then you can switch to the non-hormonals and if you continue to use them and remember the 'use or lose it' factor, you'll do better.  I'm still have some problems, but then tis' my fault as I quit the hormone too early. Everything I've read says the e-string allows the least amount of estrogen to pass through to the bloodstream.  I've been using estrace cream and it did work, but you have to follow the directions, not just stop and go like I've done.  Now it's like starting all over :(  Good luck! 

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431
    edited September 2008

Talking of Mena.......anyone heard from her recently????

I sure hope she is ok

Sam

• FitChik
    edited September 2008

I haven't heard from Mena since back in June when her daughter passed away. I'm sure that she's still mourning her loss and not very much in the mood to hang on here. Maybe we should all just send her some postive vibes and peaceful thoughts. She really is our MOJO-leader and we do miss her!

~Marin

• danix5
    danix5 Member Posts: 141
    edited September 2008

Marin,

How are you?  I have not been on alot but htinking of you girls!

Dani

• LuLu
    LuLu Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2008

Wishiwere, you are so right. I need to stop seeing my gyno and get a new one! I just avoid her because my oncologist and my primary care guy (who is an internal medicine guy) usually take care of most things (read: my breasts). But then every once in a while I get a vaginal issue and back I go to her and BOOM! she makes me frustrated again. Tomorrow ... I'm picking a new one from my group's web site. My gyno is sweet, but really ... I'll take grumpy and good over sweet and unhelpful any day.

ESPECIALLY when it's about sex! And I'm only on page 7 of this thread, but it's brilliant and everyone who contributed is amazing and brave for their honesty and humor. I'm so thankful for this thread, and yet also so saddened to hear Mena suffered such a loss. My thoughts are with her.

• Liz08
    Liz08 Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2008

Lulu-

I'm new to some of these forums but I feel it's time for me to move on "beyond breastcancer" so here I amSmile.  Yes, you definitely need to find a new gyno... but, that's easier said then done.  I hate doctor shopping. I recently had to shop for a new primary since I was always healthy and just used my gyno as my primary but now was told that I must have a regular primary.

Doctors who have not experienced the syptoms for themselves may not be able to relate.  Are there other women you know that like their gyno or can recommend one to you? Especially a breast cancer survivor.  May be your oncologist can recommend a gyno who treats other BC survivors and therefore has more experience in treating women who have gone through these types of issues too so she can relate better.   Referals from others may work to your benefit.  I like my gyno and I think that she's on the ball most of the time but some of the comments she made to me after I was diagnosed, I just had to take with a grain of salt.  She stuck her foot in her mouth numerous times Foot in mouth!

Especially when my gyno told me that I "may go on to live a long life"...well... I plan on it and never thought otherwise Tongue out. There were too many comments to mention and realistically I try not to think about them.  Wishing you the best of luck. 

• FitChik
    edited September 2008

Giant welcomes to Lulu and Liz and to Sam and Dani....welcome back, chicas! How am I doing? I am doing too-good-to-be-true-but-it-is, my girl! Got me the best man EVER and tons & tons of sizzling hot sex! I've never felt so liberated in my life and I have my cancer experience (which brought me to the shores of my F**kin' Fine & Fabulous Fifties!) and my wonderful friends on this board to thank for that liberation. So let's keep on keepin' on, y'all....and keep MOJO-ING!!!

~Marin

• lisa39
    lisa39 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2008

First time posting here... but wanted to let everyone know - my mojo is back with a vengeance and I'm workin' it. Had my last chemo on July 10th.  Had been in chemopause since April.  Noticed I was feeling hot after months of nothing and realized I was ovulating.  Period came two weeks later (Sept 10th).  I've been feeling like my teenage/20-something self ever since! DH is loving it and so am I!!!!!!!

• sam52
    sam52 Member Posts: 431
    edited September 2008

Thanks Marin, for your welcome back!!

I've been soooo busy mojo-ing that I've not had time to post..........

Congrats to you, girl; hope this one lasts a looong time!

Sam

• FitChik
    edited September 2008

Busy mojo-ing, huh? Excellent, Sam!

And Lisa....welcome to you too. Please stick around and give us your encouragement and hope (and details...we love details Wink)!

~Marin

• whoopsiedoodles
    edited September 2008

"I've never felt so liberated in my life"

OMG, Marin.  Was that a total play on words, or what?  After all our talk about The Liberator?  hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiss

• FitChik
    edited September 2008

OMG, Deb, it wasn't an intentional play on words, but it does apply, doesn't it? And speaking of The Liberator, I'll say ours got soooooome workout last weekend! The possibilities are truly endless. On the other hand, I'm thinking that The Esse might provide even more exciting opportunities, so perhaps for an upcoming holiday gift to ourselves..?

This weekend we'll be sunning and supping and sexing at a beautiful townhouse smack on the Gulf of Mexico. Though we won't be able to bring The Wedge due to carry-on limitations (can you imagine hauling it through the airport? Surprised), I'm sure that we'll find a few imaginative ways to create some mighty pleasureable experiences Wink.

~Marin

• Liz08
    Liz08 Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2008

You know.... the Liberator looks like a lot of fun  Tongue out.    I could picture my kids finding it and trying to figure out what it's for. My daugher goes through my closet often looking to borrow my clothes.  I even have to hide my thong underwear from her because she says mommies aren't supposed to wear underwear like that Undecided.  So now I have to wash my underwear while she's in school and be sure to hide them b/4 she gets back Foot in mouth.   

Well anyway, I need some advice, my husband wants to invest in some other types of toys...any suggestions for someone who's never used toys b/4? We've been together for 22years and married for 17 so it's time to try new things to keep the mojo fun Wink. Thanx!