Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Comments

• FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited January 2009

Just another quick post for the latest MOJO chicas here (and Welcome to the hottest board on bc.org Kiss!)....I'd recommend Mr. Big (Hitachi Magic Wand) to anyone & everyone. Even if you don't have an orgasm (and it will be very difficult NOT to, believe me!), it is a fabulous massager, especially for anyone who has joint issues from treatment or AIs!

And whippetmom...I've only "known" one man in his 50's so far, but if he's any example, they most certainly DON'T experience any loss of libido! (And I thank my lucky stars every day for that Wink!) I'm thinking and hoping that, if you try some of the remedies suggested here and one helps you re-discover your own mojo, you'll be very happy that your guy is ready & waiting!

~Marin

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 33
    edited January 2009

Just talked to Mena and she needs your prayers and positive feelings today...see my post 
  • whippetmom
    whippetmom Member Posts: 6,028
    edited January 2009

Linora:  I started praying for Mena last night.  I only met her through her posts on this amazing thread she started 4 1/2 years ago.  I knew I would love someone like Mena, as I read through her witty and charming posts.  I wondered what had happened to her....searching further last night I found that the last few years have been heartbreaking for her.  I learned she might be moving heavenward soon.  I wish I had known her. Bless you for being her messenger.

Deborah

• Linda54
    Linda54 Member Posts: 509
    edited January 2009

Good to see the recon girls (Ta Ta Sisterhood) coming over here to check on MOJO.....

Whippet, you make me laugh.  Men never lose it.  LOL

You will love the Hitachi.  Do not tell your DH about the purchase.  He will be standing by the road waiting for UPS 24/7.....  I did notice some red spots on my privates.  Maybe pressing it too hard.  Maybe I better not use the "Big Guy" this weekend.  I have an appt with gyno on Monday and don't want him being concerned about what that irriation might be....." Well doc you see I just can't get my cookies anymore so I am using the "Big Guy" and he just gets too rough"  I can just see my docs face turning all shades of red.....me too!!!    Let me know how you like the Hitachi...   

• whippetmom
    edited January 2009

Linda, Yes, the recon/TTS girls are here, but apparently Laura already knew about machinery and might even have a whole arsenal at home.  And we are getting excited over one little wand with two speeds?  But you don't use it on bare skin do you?  Aren't you supposed to wear panties or some clothing item when you use this, to avoid getting abrasions?  I am going to be very careful and perhaps even wear safety goggles, if necessary.

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2009

Deborah, other Mojo posters..

I met Mena one morning about 6 am, shortly after being dx'd. This was over 2 years ago.   I'd been reading up here at the BC site, finding out about everything I'd have to do, scared to death of chemo, wondering how many breasts I'd have left and if they'd be real or not, but  the part I didn't like at all was having to take the anti-hormonals.   Wasn't *any* part of my body going to be left unscathed!!!   I WAS IN A PANIC!!!  There was lots of info here but nothing, nada on what was going to happen to my sex life.  HELP!!  

So I looked in the forum.  I didn't want to start a post myself, and somewhere in my wanderings I found Mena's thread, and I decided to read the entire thing.  Well, after a while I gave up on reading all the posts so I just read Mena's.  Never in my life had I found such a group of women, talking about the things they were talking about..this is just what I needed!!! She made me laugh my head off.... witty, charming, and her life story was such a heart breaker she made me cry, all in one night.  I was up all night, reading her story, and then, just for the hell of it, I thought I'd PM her.  I just had to thank her, and I felt so close, so connected to her after reading about everything in her life. 

And guess what...she answered me right back!!!  She was up too.  So at six am on a Tuesday morning Mena and I were PMing back and forth.  Later we got around to phone calls, and I got to hear her wonderful gushy voice, her throaty laugh.  It is such a comfort for me, even now, every time I call her or she calls me..to hear her voice.  It's always such a positive thing to connect with her.

This thread helped me a lot and I know it has helped a lot of women.  Mena is very proud of it...it's her contribution to humanity. 

I am so glad so many are praying for her.  It's going to make a difference, I know it is!!!

Linora 

• FitChik
    edited January 2009

Thanks, Linora, for keeping us updated on our founder, Mena, and for letting us know how much she needs our positive thoughts and energies. She does seem like a wise & witty woman and it's tragic and unacceptable for her to have to be fighting such a difficult battle with the BEAST.

I want everyone to have the opportunity to read this article, written by one of our very own, NOSURRENDER, and published in MAMM magazine. She quotes several of us from this board in the article and ties it all together skillfully:

http://www.mamm.com/highlights.php?&qbackid=4978e64258089938_88072&qbacktitl=Current%20Issue&seq=2&qpage=1

~Marin

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited January 2009

Whippet... you are cracking me up !!! You must be a funny gal 'cause your post , even though serious, are like stand up! You are great!

I have been known to have an arsenal... hehe.... Dh and I have been together since we were 17 so we are pretty free... :)....I can tell you... safety goggles will not be needed for you.. but dh might wanna stand back a little...LOL

It is so good to have you post to us about Mena! I never met her but have enjoyed her posts. Give her a happy hug for us and thank her for this thread. It is fun.. serious.. helpful... and relaxed!

Thanks Mena!

• hotstuff
    hotstuff Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2009

Thanks to all of  you for your recommendations!  I am new to this site.  It sure is more fun than some of the other topics. 

I have a bit different problem.  I have LOTS of desire for sex...  but I don't seem to have any tingly feelings down below any more.  I used to have multiple O's every time due to the talents of my hunky boyfriend.  Now,NADA.  He might as well be rubbing my arm.  Any thoughts?

(had chemo June-Oct / rad Nov-Dec / on tamox now -- with lots of bad side effects)

• Linda54
    edited January 2009

LINORA,

Thanks for your post about Mena.  and Fitchik thanks for the article.  Mena will be missed by so many.  My prayers are for God to give her family comfort with special memories of her........

• Linda54
    edited January 2009

Hey Fitchik,

Are you suppose to wear panties when using a machine?  Since you seem to be an expert I thought you might be able to answer this question.  LOL

What is up with talk about an arsenal, goggles and standing back?  Sounds like Laura and Whippet are going to war to win back their mojo....LOL

• SunshineSmiles
    SunshineSmiles Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2009

Ok, I have good news!  This thread inspired me, so I went into the bathroom and used some lube to slowly stretch my vaginal opening and vagina until I could insert two fingers comfortably.  Amazingly, just doing this made me have some very nice feelings, and next thing I knew, hubby and I were having the best sex we've had in months.  And NO pain, initially.  We had to re-lube but otherwise, it was GREAT!  Things have continued to improve and now I am practically "like new". 

Thanks for the inspiration-

Susan 

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited January 2009

whippet I say if you want start with the panties on but than take them off and totally enjoy unless it's to intense for you.  Just a heads up the gal shared with me to take the outer cover off while washing or the black foam/rubber stuff on the inside will get wet and part of it will come out.

I haven't had a lot of tries with my new toys but so far they have a thumbs up.  I got the Hatachi & the i-vibe rabbit : - )

I'm sure glad I had an appointment in Iowa City and Debbie invited me to come out and stay with her.  Well I better get some rest if I'm going for a jaunt in the morning...

• Estepp
    edited January 2009

Panties only if it is new and you need to work up to no panties... Poor Linda... girl... did you just jump into it... I think I remember back,.. it can be a little raw if you don't protect at first... I agree with Sandy.... start off with panties.. or just be "tender" with any toy... if you are an everyday girl.. start off with panties... then work up to dealing with the full deal.

Dh and I are not an everyday couple.. we are about.. 3-4 days a week couple. That is just fine for us.. so anything is not too much.. but if you are everyday... work up to the toys.. after you adjust... you will not have any soreness or raw areas...

Also.. If I have a gyno appt... We lay off for the week before... there are many ways to love on eachother ...:)... I am only 41.. it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO great to see anyone here older than me who are so into the Mojo with their hubbys or other... gives me continued hope...:)

Ps... the reason I am up this late... hubby is on his way home from band practice ( local band).. and I am waiting up....:)

• Linda54
    edited January 2009

Estepp,

No wonder your DH treats you like a queen, 3-4 times a week  :-)   My DH would think he had died and gone to heaven if he was getting it that much....(I do think that we will have no need for sex in heaven, just wanted to make that clear).......Maybe I should do like the couple that wrote a book on sex every day for a year.  She gave her husband for his birthday sex everyday for that whole year.  Said that it taught them a lot.  Also making money from a book..... I think they were on Oprah.....How sweet of you to wait up for your man  :-)   

• FitChik
    edited January 2009

Linda...Panties are definitely optional. You should start out with the lower setting and if it rubs you too directly, use your fingers to squeeze the lips of your labia together and press the wand on that...it may take slightly longer, but I can promise you intense feelings! As for cleaning it, you need only wipe the head with an alcohol swipe. I have a box left over from having given myself Neupogen injections throughout chemo,,,what a great way to go from a yucky use to a lovely one, huh?

Sometimes (um, hardly ever though Wink!) I wish that I was married to my guy so that I could jump his bones day & night. But alas, I only see him on weekends so I need to be satisfied with 24/7! 

Cool

~Marin

• Estepp
    edited January 2009

Marin... you have some serious sexual energy girl !! Awesome!  I don't think I was a day and night gal past the honeymoon years....:)....

• whippetmom
    edited January 2009

Linda, ho,ho, ho, you are right indeedy - my DH would be a happy boy if 3-4 times a week was his magic number.  But alas, I manage to deftly avoid his advances to where he does not really know he has been rebuffed - and so about 2 times a week does it. But perhaps with my newly found interest in machinery, his numbers might improve.  

I also agree with Linda about the biblical references to no sex in heaven.  However, because God designed sex to be such an incredibly powerful and spiritual union, as Randy Alcorn says in "Heaven", "it suggests that sexual relations in this world foreshadows something greater in the next world", and that "God would never discard something without making it better."  What we now know as sex will also be fulfilled in some "higher form" in heaven.  That sounds pretty good to me.

• whippetmom
    edited January 2009

I still cannot imagine what a rabbit will do though....is it white and fuzzy?

• rockwell_girl
    edited January 2009

I'm home alone so I think I'm going to check out some things ; - )

my rabbit is pink he he

look what I found we could get to go with Mr big

don't click on this if kids are around... howsyourbuddy.com

• rockwell_girl
    edited January 2009

I forgot my rabbit has white pearls but it's not fuzzy he he 

Oh I just love Hatachi ever girl needs one of those

I'm not sure about my new pet yet but for sure love Mr Big

Well time to head out and see my biker chicks, I haven't seen most of them since New Years Eve so looking forward to it

I'm sure we will have some interesting conversation.  I already shared with them last summer I was looking for something and I mention I saw Mr Big commented on this site...

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2009

I have three questions:

1.  How much was NS paid for her article?

2.  Why didn't she give *any credit* whatsoever to Mena for her published piece, which takes Mena's thread title almost word-for-word?  After all, Mena is the original mojo lady, and you have to admit, she wrote with a certain delicacy and flair that is entirely her own.  You know, Mena had literary aspirations of her own, she was a great writer and we talked about some day making a book out of her thread.  She was very proud of this thread and rightfully so because she had the courage to create it.  And now it's been stolen from her.  I am not saying Mena owned this whole topic because it is an issue that concerns all of us, but she was the first with the courage to write about it, to give it a name, and NS should have--at the very minimum-- contacted Mena and discussed the article with her, and cited her where credit was due.

3.  Fitchik, were you also paid for this article? You were the only named contributor and you obviously gave your permission and knew about publication ahead of time. Why didn't you respond to my PM about hurting Mena's feelings when she is so gravely ill?

• Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited February 2009

MzSissy your post did not follow the guidelines for post on this board.

I see you have once again deleted your post - because you knew it was not proper 

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited February 2009

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2009

I can see that NS has gathered her forces and sent them over here.  Two of you from the Wagon Circle...now that is really big stuff isn't it?!!!  

Why can't NS herself answer any of my three questions? It would be too self-incriminating. NS personally accused me of being "insane" for asking her the same questions--in private--these are questions any school teacher would have asked her if she had submitted a paper in school of this nature.

I am accused of saying "horrible things" about NS and Marin...I have stated nothing that isn't true.  The article was written and published.  It did not mention Mena even though Mena was responsible for introducing the earliest a discussion of these ideas among us.  Someone was paid for the article. People knew in advance about the article...rather startling that no one but me has even thought Mena would naturally be involved in this.   If you Bren think these are horrible things, then you are making a correct interpretation of events...I didn't do these things, your sisters NS and Marin did.  

I know Mena quite well and I know how she felt about this thread..having known her for so long and caring about her as much as I do, I identify with her and I will defend her...that's what friends are for.  

For Mena's sake, I do not want to stir up any controversy, so we'll let sleeping dogs lie and let NS and Marin live with their own consciences. I'll delete my remarks.
  • bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    edited February 2009

Jumpin Jehosephats!!!!!!  Do you think mrmojorisin should be turning in his grave because we dared to use the word "mojo"?  Get real Linora.

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited February 2009

MissSissy if I am not mistaken when Mena started the mojo thread she was still married and trying to get her love life back on track........I really don't see what this has to do with Gina's article about being single and trying to date and having a sexual relationship when you have been through cancer treatment.......especially if you have had your breast removed and have gone through reconstruction and may be missing nipples and that sort of thing.......why do I have a feeling that this is about your perception and what you believe is due Mena.......Mena has enough going on in her life that I would think that Gina writing an article about having some kind of dating life after having breast cancer is not at the top of her radar.........you know MissSissy I really believe that you need to get some professional help in how to deal with relationships........Shokk

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2009

Hey blue...I've seen you before, aren't you one of NS's sock puppets?

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2009

Oh Shokk, here we gotta another WC girl...and we're playing the "professional" help thing again. 4 WCs off on another one of your posse hunts.  How impressive.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2009

Now NS, is that all you can round up??!!!...I am not impressed.  Am I supposed to cower at the show of this support from your little group?  Why can't you just answer my questions...or are you TOOO ASHAMED!