Can we have a forum for "older" people with bc?

Comments

• Julia257
    Julia257 Member Posts: 203
    edited July 2010

That is hysterical Jackie, not to mention an APB has been issued, Amber Alert in place and offering a reward for the safe return.  Kidnappers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law by Judge Judy.

You know if I marry Michael, we would be the Bubles for real.  I know...irritating, sorry.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2010

Hi Gals!  Wasn't that awful about that little girl in Missouri?  I was watching some sort of show, & it was announced that she had been kidnapped from her own front yard!  It just made me sick!  But it was amazing detective work & luck, that they found her!  God, that was awful!  I mean about her Mom, taking off in her van to try & find her!  I can't imagine the panic!    But at least the guy shot himself...I mean before any of us found him!

And Julia, you didn't go back looking for your foob?  Come on girl!  After all you have been through, they should not only find THAT one, but buy you another!  How are you feeling?  Geez, you have really been through a lot!  And I had to go back a page, to read where you were having a MX last Thursday?  And then I clicked your name, & it is your SECOND?    I'm just so sorry!  If it would have been me, I would have been crumpled up in a little ball, crying my eyes out!   Wish we could have been with you!  Do you have support at home?   And from what I can tell, you are taking Arimidex?  How is that going for you?  Let me know, because I have been told I should take Femara OR the Arimidex, but I'm getting that test for metabolizing the T pill, because I just want to keep taking that one!  How long have you been on Arimidex?  When did you start I mean.  Was it before your 2nd mastectomy?    Please let us know, because we all have a stake in this. And just a note here Julia...maybe put your name & phone # in your foobs, in case you lose them again!  Wink  Geez, we just have to find SOMEthing to get us through this!   Love you gals! xoxoxo 

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited July 2010

had a quiet day today...up in the rose garden in Balboa Park

• melissa-5-19
    melissa-5-19 Member Posts: 251
    edited July 2010

Dearest-

Jackie you are right to just be up front- it is just annoying that people  (some) don't have enough interesting things going on in their lives to have to "peep" in on others---NO matter who they are- and it is sad for them. We just carry on and hope that they move along, I am with you. my life would bore them to tears. Personally I will pray for their mental health and maybe a few more healthy activities.

Julia I was there in thought and prayer and one can never tell who we will connect with on the boards. I must ask for forgiveness (from everyone) because I was absent for so long and we need to be here for one another - I am just glad I got back.

SoCal- another beauty! 

Hey Brain flash- Julia we could name our search "Foob Finders" dial 211 and send the missing foob home. I am so pleased that you are comfortable and happier- that surgery went smoothly and that a golden light shined in on you!

I miss Ritas' infectious smile and that must mean she is golfing- good for her.

SV= I am around- and getting rounder! LOL or not so :( good thing I didn;t get this fat when I had boobs==I would have needed help to ambylate.

• lebrecht
    lebrecht Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2010

I am smelling this flower. Jackie this is the most perfect picture of the most beautiful rose.

Thank you for this. Thank you for sharing.

Anne

• socallisa
    edited July 2010

Here is a different color

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468
    edited July 2010

wow! that super close up is quite breathtaking. Thanks for posting it SoCalLisa

• Julia257
    edited July 2010

Hey Jeannette, thank you so much for your very kind words and yes you said it I have been through it.  But TG I'm feeling so much better for the first time in months.  The drain and paingrenade to my fannypack no big deal.  Starting last Nov, oophorectomy, 1st mx, Feb drained for weeks, lost pints ...stupid me shovelled snow the day after, Chemo started in March ...anaphylaxis - twice, lab work totally whacked out and it's amazing how we heal ...that's back to normal.  It's been about 3 weeks on Arimidex and so far so good.  What's the T pill?  No that foob is on her own to travel the world, I bet it will be an adventure.  I'll write Chevyboy on my next one and if it goes astray, what a conundrum that would make!

Melissa, I'm so glad you're here and yes for sure ...the golden light.  I'm still singing "here comes the sun".  I believe there is a great need for these "foob finders".  You have something here... a non-profit operation?  Or perhaps just give in and capitalize!

Gorgeous roses Lisa, it's difficult to have a favorite but certainly up there is flower in the sky from a while back.  My sentiments exactly, the sky's the limit!

Hi to Anne, Kat, Lassie and Jackie sweetness, hope you're not working too hard.  

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

(edited typo)

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited July 2010

I'm with Anne and Lassie on the Rose, Lisa.

As soon as it filled my screen, I swear I could actually smell it. WOW!

Thank you Lisa.

Sheila.

• Chevyboy
    edited July 2010

Yes Lisa....I always R click & hit "save as" & it goes into my pictures, & I can use them as "back-ground!"!  They ARE "breath-taking!"  If I got that close to one of my roses, I would probably get stung by a bee....Ha!  Thank you!

And you sweet gals with foobs....that would be so funny, to put Chevy boy written in one, Ha, ha! That poor thing is probably looking for you somewhere!  Or maybe still in the freezer?  Shivering.  Unable to get out.  And crying.        SO, are you going to call them?  Wink  You are very brave, Julia....don't know what gets you through it.  I only had a little drain...from the MammoSite device, but that was only there for about 10 days...actually nothing drained out of the tubes...those were for inserting the radiation seeds into the catheter (balloon) in my breast.  The "hole" drained.... around the tubes...and was soooo infected.  But you know, at the time, you just DO it, & it hopefully all goes away....And you have come a long way baby!   And you went into Allergic Shock?    Isn't that an allergic reaction, & life threatening?    Well, we are all here for each other. We just have to let each other know when "our" goin' gets tough.  The T pill is Tamoxifen.  Were you taking the Arimidex before you got the 2nd BC?  I must be missing something here, but it sounds like you had both breasts removed?  At different times?  Good Golly Miss Molly!  Glad you are here kiddo!   I mean that.

Hey Kat.....I looked back a page, to see what YOU were up to, & I read (again) that your tests came back good!  Just skin-folds, right?   Just keep an eye on things like that....any changes, we have to go & get checked. 

Okay girls!  Good Mornin' to y'all!  Ha! xoxoxoxo

• Julia257
    edited July 2010

Love your style Jeannette dear, you inspire me.  Yup both boobelas are gone with the wind.  And now like Justin, I'm bringin' sexy back.  Just started the A, the T was suggested 18 years ago with my first go around - lumpectomy, radiation, I declined.  No I am not brave enough to reclaim that foob, it will just have to survive on its own.  If someday I see it there still frozen, I will, trying not to be noticed, pocket that foo.  That must have been a terrible situation with the infection and so worrisome.  TG for antibiotics (I assume).  About the anaphylactic reactions...yes that was really something.  The first one was with the second infusion of Taxotere...as soon as it started, I had a severe reaction and within seconds my wonderful nurses (and mon onc was there as well) revived me and stopped the infusion immediately.  So that was then changed to Adriamycin in addition to the original Cytoxin.  After the 3rd infusion, when I went in for labs, my wonderful nurses (truly and sincerely) thought it best to give me iv fluids and Zofran for nausea.   I was on my way out once again, seconds away from the promised land and there they were to save me in seconds.  After that strangely enough while continuing with the fluids, I had my second ever panic attack, and again they were right there to console me.  My first panic attack happened in my 20s...after lunch with a friend who was very distraught, when I got back to my desk, I made quite a spectacle of myself crying and sobbing.  A doctor who happened to observe told me it was a panic attack and that I should see about it.  I never did.  Oh to reminisce, what joy.  I hope you and all our friends only have the good times to enjoy and talk about from now on.  Cheerio Cookie.

• Chevyboy
    edited July 2010

Miss Superwoman Julia!  Holy Connoli's gal!  Didn't know what you went through!  Did you know SV had a terrible reaction to an overdose of chemo also?  Only her "team" left her to go home & fight for her life as well!  She is STILL having terrible side-effects from that!  SV Melissa, where ARE you?  See, Julia nearly went to our promised land too!   How you gals can survive something so horrendous is amazing!   Just wondering, when you went into allergic shock, did they give you epinephrine, I mean like a shot of adrenaline?   I had to have that a couple times too, after getting "allergy shots" from a complete dink of a doctor!  EVERYone used to get a standard "test" in those days...And a standard "Western Treatment"....But if it didn't kill you, it might have made you better.   "Over-reaction" they said....So as I was sliding down the wall from the adrenalin shot, they picked me up to lie on a table.  Allergic shock is the WORST thing I have ever done.....I'm surprised we are still alive, with all the "treatments" there were in the "Old days!)

And Panic Attacks?  Those are enough to just turn you inside-out!!!!!!!!!!  I had them for awhile...when my Daughter's were young...but I think it is some sort of chemical imbalance that starts them. 

So Okay....guess we have dredged these awful things through the pond & back again..... But I know we'll all be here, to support each one of us, when they slither back into our lives! 

Today is going to be great!  The sun is shining, my tomatoes are coming along great, even eaten a couple!  I started them from seeds....lots of them.....too many of them.....and I'm too old to be fooling around with this much work.  But I feel good enough to do it, so far!  Wink  So I'm headed out the door, to play in the dirt!   xoxoxoxoxo

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,371
    edited July 2010

Hi to all you gorgeous ladies this morning.  I second, third and fourth Lisa's roses.  As to survival of the fittest or anyone for that matter --- our time to depart this life has always been known -- not necessarily by ourselves, so we do "make it through" harrowing and very life threatening things.  We learn and grow from it all.  While we may not know it --- all of us have about 7 exit points.  This is times when you could have let the breath of your life cease but did not.  It may not be what you might think though.  I have recognized a couple of mine --- the time when my thyroid spent 7 years ( undiagnosed ) going bad until my kidneys quit and I filled up with 40 or 50 pounds of water.  I told my husband I was going to die and I was ok with it.  That I had done everything the Dr's told me too for 7 years and I had grown tired of the struggle and I have made peace with the idea that I will no longer be here.  He forced me to the Dr's, and by chance a Dr. was on duty that easily recognized what the problem was as he had just gotten his own daughter through it. 

All to say that we survive because we are meant to do so --- Every day of our life has been previously designed -- who we will see that day, what events will transpire and what we will learn, who we will help and so on.  This was hard for me to see for a long time.....and yes, I still struggle now and then -- especially when some things seem so meaningless or harsh or hurtful, but we are learning and growing through every situation we encounter.  It helps me so much to know  ---  it is not for nothing.  My having cancer for instance was not some random consequence.  Just as your deviation from the life you were living before the cancer came.  It is our willingness to do what it takes -- be it the very poisonous chemo, having body parts removed, having strong rays of radiation sent into our bodies ---  some day we will all give up these bodies that we need while we are bound to the earth --- but not until the time we and our Creator have jointly appointed.  Until then, we are learning and growing, and by that we glorify the souls we have forever.  All you really need to do is do the best you can everyday, love God and your fellow man, along with the earth --- and be kind to each other and our animal companions.  You will get where you are meant to go

Isn't it fantastic -- there is no big equation to all of this Pure Love has and always will be the only answer you will need to take care of anything.  Just do know though when someone is really hurting you sometimes the answer as I so painfully finally discovered, is loving yourself enough to quit turning the other cheek --- only to be slapped again and walk away. 

Once again.....I let myself do this.  These are just some things that BECAME through some harsh lifetimes TRUE for me.  They may not be yours -- they may not even be close.  That is ok.  We are ALL exactly where we need to be at his time in our lives and as long as their is love -- it is ok.  So, I hope this does not seem challenging to anyone as it is not meant to be.  I just have spent many years looking for answers that would address MY need to know what I was doing, where I was going and the all TOO famous Why Me. You are exactly where you planned to be right now -- with or without answers to some really big questions -- but only in that they relate to is there really a place for us to go after this life.  You are a child of God -- you always were and you always will be.  You are forever and ever.  

On that note I shall step down once again from the podium whilst still wondering why I have so little reluctance to keep my big mouth shut.  I'll just go back and enjoy the roses.  Many heartfelt thanks again Lisa.  You are truly an artist and I see this as a gift you enjoy sharing with all of us.  You know of course, it is Pure Love.  

I'll be checking back in later of course, after what will more than likely be a long day, but I'm sure a happy one -- mainly because that is what I choose.  Today can be happy -- just like yesterday.  

Hugs, Jackie   

• lebrecht
    lebrecht Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2010

THANK GOODNESS it is weekend and a rest from Rads and all things. Time to have some fun and to gain back our strength and forget all that is not pleasant.

Have a great weekend, eat some good forbidden food, watch a movie and read a book, laugh and be happy.

Anne

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited July 2010

OH GOOD GRIEF, ALL OF MY GALS ARE JUMPING BACK ON THE BOARD AGAIN. WHAT ARE WE CALLING OURSELVES NOW-FROM PODS FOR FODS OR FOOBS? ALL OF THIS MEANS THAT I WILL HAVE TO BEGIN DOING A PRINT OUT TO GET CAUGHT UP ON EVERYONE'S LIVES-I FEEL LIKE SUCH A BAD SISTER BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN SO OUT OF TOUCH.AND MISS KITTY-YOU GETTING FAT???? OH NO-HEY GAL YOU DESERVE IT!!! AND YES, MY FATNESS MEANS THAT IF I EVER DO GET MY FOOBS REMOVED, IT WILL BE FOUR TIMES THE JOB OF A NORMAL FOB JOB. (I GUESS A FOB IS A WATCH AND A FOOB IS ONE 'ER US?) SOCAL, YOU HAVE TO PUBLISH A COFFE TABLE BOOK AND I MEAN IT. START PUTTING SOMETHING TOGETHER ON THE KODAK.COM SITE-YOU CAN DO ALL KINDS OF PICTURE BOOKS AND JUST SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. A MESSAGE TO ALL GOING THRU OR HAVING GONE THRU RECENT PROCEDURES AND/OR WAITING FOR RESULTS ((((BIG HUGS))). AS FOR MY RECENT ADVENTURES, I SPENT THE FIRST DAY UP IN WILD HORSE COUNTRY SINCE I SUNK MOBY DICK IN THE LAKE (DAVID WAS NOT WITH ME THANK GOD) AND GOOD LORD-THE PLACE WAS SO JAMMED PACKED WITH TOURISTS-I COULD NOT MOVE LET ALONE DRIVE ON THE BEACH! THE SAND WAS SUGAR SAND AND TRYING TO DRIVE WAS ABOUT WORTHLESS. BUT GLORIOUSLY, A HUGE HERD OF HORSES CAME RUNNING OVER THE DUNES AND CRASHED THRU THE TOURIST TENTS. CHAIRS, CARS AND KEGGERS AND WENT FOR A SWIM. OH LORD IT WAS FUNNY WATCHING ALL OF THOSE EXPENSIVE COLEMAN AND CABELA BEACH SHADE TENTS FALL LIKE DOMINOS. I HAD MY BINOCS AND I WATCHED THE TOURIST/HORSE CALAMITY AND HEARD THE NOISE OF SCREAMING TURONS FOR AT LEAST FIVE MINUTES AS THE HORSE HERD RAN DOWN THE BEACH TOWARDS ME AND WHERE I HAD PARKED MY LITTLE ASS. THEY THEN TOOK A TURN AND WENT FOR A SWIM-AND THEN HEADED BACK INTO THE DUNES LEAVING A WAKE OF WHAT LOOKED LIKE THE PATH OF A TORNADO DOWN THE BEACH. TRULY, I FOUND IT QUITE HYSTERICAL AS THE IRONY IS THAT FEDERAL LAW SAYS NO PEOPLE CAN GET WITHING 500 FEET OF THE HORSES (THEY PICK UP DISEASES-BUT MOSTLY PEOPLE TRY TO FEED THEM CRAP). APPARENTLY NOONE TOLD THE HORSES THAT. THEY JUST CAME DOWN FOR A SWIM AND HAD TO PUSH A LOT OF BOOGGIE BOARDS AND SURF BOARDS OUT OF THE WAY TO GET TO THEIR OCEAN!!! IN TRUTH, NOONE GOT HURT AND IT COULD HAVE REALLY BEEN BAD-BUT EVERYONE MOVED FAST AND GOT OUT OF THE WAY AND THE HORSES WORK HARD TO AVOID HITTING PEOPLE-SO I FOUND IT HYSTERICAL! A BIT LIKE THE CHARGE OF THE LIGHT BRIGADE WITH NO RIDERS! I AM LIKE SO TWISTED-I KNOW!!!! LOVE YOU ALL, SV

• socallisa
    edited July 2010

sounds like it was fun SV..I do have several "books" I made up for just us..I have no

plans to do any more than that...I just love taking pix..

Anne, just kick back this week end

took these today

• melissa-5-19
    melissa-5-19 Member Posts: 251
    edited July 2010

Jo haven't seen a posting forever from you I have thought about you and missed you. Hope all is well. My MIL is 93- can't have surgery for anything and she would if the offered her hip surgery- must be very painful as I would NOT chose to have surgery again for anything. Comfort measures are aii I am looking for when I am Really old.

Yes Jackie I believe we meet the people we are supposed to, like them or not, but for some reason we are where we are supposed to be-in the physical (including cyberspace) and the spiritual, with or without answers. One is alive if there are questions- even silly ones, like "why do they call pie with ice cream ala mode?" My husband and I have come a long way together in 30 years, some years weren't good, easy or fun, but having been where I was the last years or 2 I am glad for were we have been, even though at the time I asked "why?"

Connie I went back to catch up and read a posting from you, hope things are better,

We got a little gift from the universe last night. DH and I usually don't stay up late but we were up after our normal bedtime last night. The woods were busy with frogs and katydids and one owl. All of a sudden our dogs were up in arms and we just figured it was one of the dogs from up the road (quite a ways).I got up and took a good look and nothing was on the patio so I figured the neighbors dog heard our dogs and left---wrong when DH went to the door there was a little female min-pin. She had been on the road- I think someone dumped her . We fed her and she is so loving and the odd thing is our dogs (all 4) don't mind one bit. It is like they know she was in need, hungry and tired. We are calling her Daisy and will look at the vets etc. to look for lost-dogs signs but honestly I think someone had to move on during hard times. My mom used to say she had an invisible mark on the house that only needy animals could see- we always had open doors. I guess she is supposed to be here.

Well loves, must go fix ice cream for 2. Love you all. Miss Kitty

• Julia257
    edited July 2010

Jo, I wish your father the very best.  I don't think there's a greater challenge than having to make those difficult decisions for the ones you love.  I hope that love will guide you and that knowing you're a good daughter and that you're doing the best you can will comfort you.

Jeannette, I need to find out what they pushed in the iv when I had those reactions, it would be good to know.  I'm very familiar with the epipen, it was with me at all times for my mother.  So the fiasco with dink doctor...did they discover allergies?  Do you need to carry an epipen?

Jackie, always love to hear your words of wisdom and I'm so grateful.  It seems so simple yet it eludes so many...love is the key, it's what guides us and sustains us and gives us strength.  TG for that wonderful hubby or yours who insisted you go to the doctor immediately with that thyroid/kidney situation.

Apparently our ace photographer has no interest in capitalizing on her enormous talent.  How lucky are we to enjoy the beauty she shares with us?  Thank you Lisa.

I feel for poor little Daisy, Melissa, I hope you can keep her.  So kind of your mother to have an open door for those precious animals in need.

Hugs all around!!!

• Chevyboy
    edited July 2010

Morning Julie....No, I don't carry a pen any longer, but I did....mostly for bee-stings!  But when I went to the hospital for an asthma attack, they gave me adrenalin and a shot of benadryl....Man, I felt the rug slipping out from under me....I mean I thought I was dying!  I laid back, & I actually didn't die!  And then I could breathe...but I was so weak I couldn't move.  It worked, but holy crackers & nuts, I was afraid!    I just can NOT be around epoxy, paint stripper, bug spray, or I wind up in the ER....Inhalants, are as bad as stuff I get myself into....My face swells up, my skin blisters....it's not pretty....Wink  But years ago, I finally went to an allergy specialist, took the tests, & my shots were made just for me....First twice a week, then once, then monthly, & for 10 years I did that.  So I could breathe.  I don't really do anything now....I became de-sensitized...they say.  I still have Allegra & Advair if I need it! 

Miss Kitty!  How FUN!!!!!!  A new friend found you!  You know there always is a reason!  Do you mean a Miniature Pincher?  Is that what a Min-pin is?  My brain isn't quite sure!    Just keep Daisy!  If you get really attached to her, then someone says she belongs to them, you will feel bad.  I don't think her coming to your place was an "accident'....she is there for a reason!  Smile  She knew she would find shelter there....and friends! 

Okay gals...gotta go color my hair.....I looked in the mirror & I ran & hid!  xoxoxoxo

• Julia257
    edited July 2010

Good on you Jeannette for putting those 10 years in to becoming desensitized and great that you don't need the pen any longer.  What a worry that allergic reaction is!  With my dear mother I could never for a second relax when she ingested anything.  She did have a series of allergy tests but nothing was revealed and I never did find out what she was allergic to.  The restaurant was tight lipped the first time it happened when I asked them for the ingredients.  Amazingly and miraculously 911 came in time to save her.  After that I was always armed with the pen.  We could never go to a restaurant.  Then it happened when I cooked an omelette with a lot of stuff in it.  TG she came back with the pen.  I then eliminated of course everything that was in that omelette.  Holy crackers and nuts kiddo, I need to make a list of all your cute and funny little sayings.  On the news this morning they showed a video that's gone viral of a rainbow and you can hear the guy's reaction...crying, sobbing.  The news announcer made fun of him, but I want to tell you, Sweet Pea, this is my kind of guy!  In nature's church how can we NOT appreciate and be overwhelmed by its magnificence.

• pj12
    pj12 Member Posts: 18,108
    edited July 2010

Hi all,

Just have to share my allergic reaction story......  37 (!) years ago first DH and I took the children to the Shriners Circus. All was well. Outdoors, sitting on bleachers to watch everything. The highlight of the event, the elephants, began. And I began to sweat and itch. I went to the restroom to wash my arms and began to hyperventilate. Managed to get part way back to my family before I passed out cold. A quick trip to the ER ended with an adrenaline shot and I was suddenly back to normal. :-)

I've never been allergic to anything before or since. But i stay away from elephants!!!  Easier to do than avoiding shellfish or eggs or bees. :-) Wonder if I should get a medical alert bracelet that says ALLERGIC TO ELEPHANTS.

pam 

• socallisa
    edited July 2010

Wow Pam, never heard of being allergic to elephants...what an allergy..

now when someone talks about the elephant in the room , you can say

"I have to leave... "   lol

I just can't eat shrimp and strawberries at the same time...tough on me

during buffets, because I love them both..I can eat as much as I want of

either one separately...

I was desensitized to the local allergans in our area...

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446
    edited July 2010

Hi Ladies, new friends and old. I'm glad to read so many allergic reactions. I thought I was special!!!

I've had bad reactions since I was a child and they never really found out why until i was in my 40's and a doctor visit prompted an x-ray of my sinuses and it showed that I have no frontal ones. the ones in your forehead under the eyebrows. I said, "How can that be?" and he told me it was a congenital deformity, that I just don't have sinus cavaties in that place so when I get a sinus infection, or an allergic reaction my eyes will swell to almost closed then it spreads to my cheeks and lips. Some times it swells on one side only - THAT is really weird looking.

so, they tried to treat my UTI with multiple oral antibiotics, the last one was Macrobid and I felt it coming... itching, more itching, red, raised patches that merged into one another turning into blotches, huge ones covering my thighs and abdomen, then my back... ohhh... it's hard to itch back there, my neck, ears, scalp. Then my throat began to feel funny, tingly... I was scared it would close up so I went to the ER. The closest one, not the one "in plan". Now I've got bills for over $500 that the insurance denied to pay. Who's decision is THAT?  I'm going to appeal but it's not fun.

glad I took pictures.

Connie

• susgul
    susgul Member Posts: 104
    edited July 2010

They are just beautiful.  You have no idea how many of these I have saved to use as wallpaper.

Susan

• flyingdutchess
    flyingdutchess Member Posts: 107
    edited July 2010

You were going into anaphelatic shock (not sure of spelling) and your insurance HAS TO BY LAW pay for life threatening emergencies.  If you went out of plan for lets say a broken wrist you are  stuck with the bill as that is not life threatening.   Unless of course you had a several thousand dollar bill and the $500 was your shar in which case it is legitimate.

Kat

• socallisa
    edited July 2010

We watched the World Cup today...not a very well played game at all...the Dutch team really played "dirty"...Spain deserved to win..but I have to say , boring....

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394
    edited July 2010

Lisa, your photos make me think of great artists like Georgia O'Keefe.  Thank you!

• Julia257
    edited July 2010

Yes Lost_Creek exactly, I have been trying to think of her name for weeks...especially the real close-up one.  Our gal is amazing.

• Chevyboy
    edited July 2010

Yes Connie....Some of those antibiotics will send you to the ER faster than anything we do to ourselves!  Same thing with me on Sulfa!  And I forgot about ANOTHER time I went to a new allergist, & HIS shots caused me to slooooowly go into shock!  But first, my face had to turn red & swell up 4 times the size, my skin blistered, my eyes closed, & I put a towel over the mirror so I couldn't see my face....Finally went to the ER...HE said "it couldn't be the shots"...and they treated me for shock...that jerk!  He knew danged well what happened, but he wouldn't fess up!  My Husband was so scared, because I looked like something out of a sy-fy movie....I laid in the back seat on the way home, hoping I wouldn't cause a crash if people saw me.  Yes, Prednisone is our friend....I took that almost as often as I did  breakfast, there for awhile!   So that's why we  do our own research now....can't always trust those "Doctors'"  

Just found out my "friend" might have cancer again...She was on Femara, but she has diabetes.. and that caused "thrush" in her mouth....then more tests, & they told her cancer...she is just so scared!  I feel so bad for her....just makes you want to cry.  She had her surgery a couple days before I did....If all my wishes & prayers made a difference......she'll be alright.

Kat...that sounds right!  Insurance SHOULD pay for that!  When you call, ask to talk to their Supervisor, or whoever is in charge!  And sound real sweet & helpless, & sick......Then just ask why your claim was denied!  You shouldn't have to appeal it, they should take care of it before that process begins!    I was steaming over a charge from "United Airlines" because on this last trip, I clicked something on the kiosk for "faster boarding" etc....called PREMIER LINE.  Girls, do not ever click on that!  It doesn't work, you get no-where even slower, you don't get to board any earlier, & the charge was $78 for two!  PLUS the $25 baggage fee!   Well I was steamed, & was writing an email to them, after I called customer service....SHE said to write the email & explain. But when my Daughter was reading this, SHE said, no, I cannot be so sharp with them, that NO do not use the "&" sign...type "and" instead, & in other words do not call them low-down money grubbing infidels!  (or something like that)....She is in Real Estate, & fires off letters all the time, so I have to say....I learned a lot from my Daughter about email etiquette!  It took a couple months & many emails back & forth, always asking for more info....but I just kept on it....  AND I just found out they credited my account for the $78!  

So Connie....just be nice but firm...sound like you are at wit's end.....& have no-where else to go. And let us know.....Does "trouble" just follow you around?  Ha!  How's it going at home? 

Yes Lisa....another picture for my stash.....!  I love it!  Who knows, I'll probably forget someday, & upload it into Picassa & post it again here!  Wink

Okay gals....gotta go stir up something to do....xoxoxoxoxo

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,371
    edited July 2010

Hi everyone....on the run as usual.  Jeanette -- I am with you -- I have "squirreled" away so many of Lisa's pictures......I can use these as well for avatars so I'm pretty certain they will get a "re-run" from me someday.

I have another big day going to go on today.  It keeps me going so it is not bad.  One of these days life will slow down to a pace that will give me a bit more time to do some of the things I really would like too --- so do know, Julie,Kat, Carole, Pam, MissKitty....and each and every of you are in my thoughts and I continue to walk good things to come your way.  By the way Jeanette....I am so sorry about your friend.  Not to be off-hand about anything as this is so serious, but I think many people get a recurrence and are able to handle it satisfactorily.  It sounds like the findings came early. 

See you all later.

Hugs, Jackie