Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Lesleyanne67
    Lesleyanne67 Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2012

Ok this may be a totally bizarre question but I am sitting in my hair salon getting my hair done....I noticed after my 11.5 hour SGAP surgery I had a sore lump on my head... My hairdresser just found what looks like a shaved rectangle on my head, where the pain was and it is about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide....anyone else have a shaved spot on their head?

• chellehump
    chellehump Member Posts: 374
    edited September 2012

Didn't get to see Dr. D today so I'm headed that way now.

Ttay, hope you are doing well!! Maybe we will see each in the hospital :-)

Went to the French Quarter this morning & had a mimosa, ate a beignet & shopped around a little.

It was absolutely beautiful today!!!!

• lastar
    lastar Member Posts: 553
    edited September 2012

Lesleyanne, I didn't have that experience.  Very strange!  Have you asked your surgeon about it?  

• PinkHeart
    PinkHeart Member Posts: 271
    edited September 2012

Betsy~

What is the jet??  For Stage 2, do the docs rearrange tissue to improve shape and then add fat grafting?

Thanks!

• dsnydawn
    dsnydawn Member Posts: 102
    edited September 2012

Arrived in NOLA tonight and had a call from Janine....Dr D can't do my surgery on friday ..can he do it tomorrow morning...ugh  there goes my site seeing..so I will be going for my pre op at 1030 and surgery at 12...apparentely he will not be in friday??? hope no one else gets moved...

• dsnydawn
    edited September 2012

Michelle....what time are you scheduled for???

• cider8
    cider8 Member Posts: 472
    edited September 2012

So crazy, Dawn! But you'll be OK. When are you leaving NOLA? I did some limited sightseeing after Stage 2s.

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited September 2012

Pinkheart... the way it was described to me is like reverse lipo... they use the cannula to jet water at necrosis to break it up.. I can't say what order they do things, but stage II includes breaking up necrosis, lifting and shaping and adding fat injections.

Springtime... Now my appt is at 8:30am on Oct 5... 

Dawn... oh boy... good luck and you'll be great!!! Wonder where he'll be??

• lastar
    edited September 2012

So, you are meeting with Dr. D while I am on the table, Betsy?!?!  Yeesh, some things we are better off not knowing!  

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited September 2012

Hi ladies....I am joining you under the advice of another sister who sent me here.  I am scheduled for Diep in NOLA on November 1st.  Six weeks from today.  I feel so excited.  Had to take a sleeping pill last night to fall asleep.  So much to do to get ready.  making lists now....any suggestions of what I should be sure to purchase to take with me?  Really baggy pants or a front closing dress?  I am so ready to get some curves again and be albe to put a bra on my boobs instead of put my boobs on with my bra.

Maggie

• dsnydawn
    edited September 2012

Paula-I'm staying until tues...have my post op appt on monday at 9 ..

• dsnydawn
    edited September 2012

Paula-I'm staying until tues...have my post op appt on monday at 9 ..

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited September 2012

LAstar- I was also on a double day!  Weird and a bit nerve-racking but it works.  (c:

BTW  Good luck and healing vibes to this weeks ladies.

• cider8
    cider8 Member Posts: 472
    edited September 2012

Dawn, you will still have a time to go on short jaunts for exploring. Just stay on top of pain meds!

Welcome Maggie! You've made an awesome choice. There are some links at the top of of the thread that will help you prepare. Send Springtime (the creator of this thread) a personal message with your surgery info and she will add it to the list when she is back from traveling for work.

• Jane123
    Jane123 Member Posts: 198
    edited September 2012

I am scheduled for stage 2 on November 2.  Looking forward to getting rid of breast trenches ("brenches"), scar tissue, and my little bunny tail, but I am not looking forward to the I.V. Funny what can throw you.  I just do not like the digging around in my arm in pre-op - it is such a nerve wracking time anyway and then the 3-4 months of soreness after.  I know, Marcia, "this will pass..." I will try to repeat this mantra again.  I will be hydrated.  Anybody else have I.V. tips or calming ideas?  Peace, Tamara

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited September 2012

Wow, a lot of you in NOLA this week. You are in my thoughts and prayers for healing and strength. It truly amazes me what people go through and all the positive energy out there. Hearing from you all on the other side helps people like me who are scheduled,but have not beenthroughthis yet.

Dr. Marga called this morning. After getting flights, hotels, etc. my surgery date was moved for the third time. My insurance was indeed not accepted at SCSH so I am back at Fairway. They were actually booked there through 2014, but agreed to get me in due to all of the changes I have been through. My surgery is now scheduled for Monday, November 12 at Fairway. (BMX and DIEP, stage 1, Drs. M,S.L). I am now changing flights etc. Dr. M is picking up cost of these changes. I still feel blessed for coming to NOLA and these wonderful doctors.

I need thoughts on DIEP/Stacked DIEP. Dr. M can do a DIEP but my breasts will go from a C to a B. That isn't a big deal to me. I am 5'2 and 58. It isn't a huge difference. Also, the. Loos transfusion for a stacked DIEP scares me a little. It looks like recovery is about the same with drains coming out a little earlier. Any comments would help me. I am having a hard time with this decision.

Thanks as always. You are my sisters in this.

Marty, I may be able to see you at Fairway or visa versa.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited September 2012

Wow, a lot of you in NOLA this week. You are in my thoughts and prayers for healing and strength. It truly amazes me what people go through and all the positive energy out there. Hearing from you all on the other side helps people like me who are scheduled,but have not beenthroughthis yet.

Dr. Marga called this morning. After getting flights, hotels, etc. my surgery date was moved for the third time. My insurance was indeed not accepted at SCSH so I am back at Fairway. They were actually booked there through 2014, but agreed to get me in due to all of the changes I have been through. My surgery is now scheduled for Monday, November 12 at Fairway. (BMX and DIEP, stage 1, Drs. M,S.L). I am now changing flights etc. Dr. M is picking up cost of these changes. I still feel blessed for coming to NOLA and these wonderful doctors.

I need thoughts on DIEP/Stacked DIEP. Dr. M can do a DIEP but my breasts will go from a C to a B. That isn't a big deal to me. I am 5'2 and 58. It isn't a huge difference. Also, the. Loos transfusion for a stacked DIEP scares me a little. It looks like recovery is about the same with drains coming out a little earlier. Any comments would help me. I am having a hard time with this decision.

Thanks as always. You are my sisters in this.

Marty, I may be able to see you at Fairway or visa versa.

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited September 2012

Lesleyanne67, I had the same experience and most of the hair gradually filled in after a few months, but I still have a small area that did not.  Only my hairdresser sees it!

• Lesleyanne67
    Lesleyanne67 Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2012

Sandy any idea what it is from??? Very weird and I did not even know about it until my hairdresser pointed it out. : (. Thanks

• celtic_antique
    celtic_antique Member Posts: 351
    edited September 2012

INSURANCE APPROVED!!!! Look out NOLA, here I come ... er ... in November, that is!! Yay!! Anyone else going to be there the week of November 5th?

Maggie

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited September 2012

Hey Maggie...I am November 1st and I am also a Maggie!  Maybe our paths will cross at some point..who is you doctor?

Maggie

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited September 2012

Cherrie - looks like we will be in Fairway together!  Dr. M has me scheduled for Friday, Nov 9th.  Hopefully we can get together.  I have no idea what size I will end up.  Before I was a large D, but that was 27 years ago.  My first implants were a nice, polite C.  The second set is just questionable in all ways.  I am in Dr. M's good hands and I can't wait to have my "own" again.

Maggie, welcome aboard.  Betsy recommeded these great pants from Target.  They are insanely comfortable.  It will be hard to hold them for post surgery.  http://www.target.com/p/gilligan-omalley-womens-fluid-knit-pajama-pant-assorted-styles-colors/-/A-14000832  They also come in crops.  I ordered my usual medium and a large.  Medium fit great, but will keep the large just in case I need it right after surgery (swollen).  I went to my local store and found a pair that are the length of a skirt (shorter than crops) just in case I need to feel like I am dressed up for something.  Now I am on to finding button front shirts.

Marty 

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited September 2012

Cherrie... I had a transfusion... It kind of freaked me a bit prior and I jumped through hoops to get local donors. I didn't need it for my first surgery so it was released back into the general blood bank, and then low and behold a month later I needed blood. Oh well..

Leigh Ann.. They may push your surgery later ... who knows. He probably just wants to get me out of the way so he can do your surgery and not think about finishing to meet up with me. Its better for you. OR... they'll do prep work while he meets with me. I guess we'll know later Oct 5.

• lastar
    edited September 2012

Aargh!  I feel like such an idiot!  I had my bloodwork done for Stage 2 yesterday and accidentally used the arm on the side that my lymph nodes were removed!!!  Dangit!  My OT is setting me up with a sleeve, just in case.  Frown

Thanks, Betsy.  I know I shouldn't worry -- those guys know what they are doing.  

• ttay
    ttay Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2012

Good evening, Ladies.

My surgery was yesterday (Unilateral Diep), and everything seems to be okay. I woke up in a bra, and Dr. Trahan lifted the other side. I have a drain in each breast, and 2 in the pubic area. Not sure about much, because I haven't been able to really see myself yet. I sat up in the chair and ate my lunch today, and walked the floor a few times. They took the catheter out today, also. Will shower tomorrow. All in all I feel pretty good probably due to the tummy area still being numb. They took the pain pump early today, as my blood pressure was going too low.

Michelle: I'm in 201. Hope everything went well for you today.

• ttay
    ttay Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2012

Good evening, Ladies.

My surgery was yesterday (Unilateral Diep), and everything seems to be okay. I woke up in a bra, and Dr. Trahan lifted the other side. I have a drain in each breast, and 2 in the pubic area. Not sure about much, because I haven't been able to really see myself yet. I sat up in the chair and ate my lunch today, and walked the floor a few times. They took the catheter out today, also. Will shower tomorrow. All in all I feel pretty good probably due to the tummy area still being numb. They took the pain pump early today, as my blood pressure was going too low.

Michelle: I'm in 201. Hope everything went well for you today.

• lastar
    edited September 2012
    You sound like you are doing well, ttay, already up and walking around!  That's great!  You'll feel like a million bucks after your shower, but you will probably take a long nap too.  Wink  Rest well!
  • Esmerelda
    Esmerelda Member Posts: 156
    edited September 2012

Ttay, welcome to the other side! Glad to hear things are going well. You've accomplished A LOT in one day! Wishing you continued health and healing. {{{hugs}}}

• annalive
    annalive Member Posts: 286
    edited September 2012

Ttay -- How wonderful you're on the other side now! It sounds like a normal first couple of days. The shower is a challenge, but the nurses are so helpful and it will feel so good to get cleaned up after the surgery. Tiring, though, and you'll want to go back to bed!

Chelle -- How was stage 2. I'll be keeping an eye on those as mine approaches in Dec. I hope yours went well -- much lipo?

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited September 2012

Lesleyanne67,  my head wasn't moved for over 14 hours.   Do you have little hairs growing back in throughout that area of your scalp?