Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Audrella
    Audrella Member Posts: 153
    edited December 2012

Spring...will you please add my Stage 2 surgery date on February 20 with Dr. D?  Thank you!

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited December 2012

Kerry... I wore the Dom for 9 weeks after stage I... then after stage II, I wore the Veronique until my drains came out (about a week) and then bought the Marena because I knew Dr D said its best to wear compression for 6 weeks after lipo... knowing I really couldn't stand the DOM or the Veronique, I was much happier in the Marena.

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2012

Audrella, I added your Feb 20 Stage 2 date. 

All, I will be traveling over the holidays, we leave Saturday 15th and I'll be all over the place until returning home late on 12/30. Sometimes I will be able to access, but not all the time. 

So...

New dates, best to PM me so I don't miss them. 

If new women come, please welcome them as you always do. You ladies are just the best at supporting each other. What happens here is actually life changing to some women, so I love coming here to see how you help each other. 

Betsy, you have been a great support so I hope you'll be able to access during this period! Your surgeries are more recent than mine so more relevant. And I swear, I am starting to forget all the details! (Just a note! While all this seems so top of mind now, in time, it really does fade over time!)

Blessings to all you lovely ladies! 

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited December 2012

Spring, thank you for all you do for us. Happy travels and happy holidays. Enjoy!

• Lesleyanne67
    Lesleyanne67 Member Posts: 66
    edited December 2012

Happy holidays and thanks so much Spring!!!! Typing as I sit waiting for Dr D to mark me up - gearing up for tomorrow AM

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited December 2012

My last day of wearing the Dom will be Christmas Eve. I may cheat by one day. It isn't horrible, but I am short so instead of 2 inches above knees it goes from top of knees to just below bra.

Is this the same garment after stage 2 or do they give you a different one?

Marty-I walked today with a friend. 28 degrees this AM.

LeslieAnne-you will do great.

• Katiejane
    Katiejane Member Posts: 188
    edited December 2012

Cherrie,  They don't always give you a Dom after stage 2-it depends on what is done.  I am still in the Dom and will be in some form of compression for who knows how long since I had an abdominal plication.(since 10/31)  I'm short too and the fit goes from my knees and would go over my bra if I didn't fold it down!!  I am switching to the Marena brand so I don't have all of the bulkiness.  I do like the feeling of compression!       katiejane

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited December 2012

well panic is back...just got notice from my insurance that the surgery  was not pre authorized...my heart is sick...I am really hoping that someone has their wires crossed because i know for a fact that i received an email stating that we were all set from the insurance end before I packed up and headed there.  I feel another fight with my crappy insurance co coming again.  They are always a pita whenever I really need them   SIGH!!!!!!

Maggie-2

• Marcie47
    Marcie47 Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2012

As if this fight isn't hard enough, those insurance companies sure make it harder than it has to be! Keep your eye on what really matters....you!!! Have a safe flight and will keep you in my prayers 😃

• cider8
    cider8 Member Posts: 472
    edited December 2012

Maggie, try not to panic until you talk to the person who handles insurance on your doctor's end! I haven't heard of them dropping the ball yet, but I have heard of insurance companies sending out incorrect things.

• Cherrie
    edited December 2012

Maggie, I agree with Cider8. They did all the insurance work on the doctor's end. Call Becky tomorrow so she can put you at ease .

I am still fighting my CTA scan that was approved by insurance. Now, they haven't paid the bill and I keep getting a $2600 dollar bill. On top of that it was different insurance then.

• Angelabianca
    Angelabianca Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012

Hello Ladies,

Today is my first day post op. I feel like someone worked me over with a baseball bat.

I am truly blessed though, Dr Stoiler was able to do a skin sparing and nipple sparing mastectomy. They are keeping an eye on me to make urge that the nipples take. Dr Trahan ran into quite a few complications from my radiation, so my surgery took 12 hours. As far as I can tell everything looks amazing !!!!! I am thrilled to have found these doctors and to have found this thread... Everyone has been so helpful. I can't imagine where I would have ended up if I didn't find you.... thank you for all of the information.

With my sincerest ankhs,

AngelaBianca

• Cherrie
    edited December 2012

Angelabianca-welcome back. We'll be anxious to hear from you. Get your rest and drink lots of fluids to get rid of all the meds they pumped into you. That was my biggest problem. I am 4 weeks out with a skin and nipple sparing DIEP flap surgery. Take care of yourself.

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited December 2012

Spring... If you find yourself in NJ, look me up.

• MartyJ
    edited December 2012

Cherrie - great work with that walk.  I would look like the Michelin Man with all of the clothes it would take to keep me warm at 28 deg.  Brisk and bracing!

Maggie-2 - I agree - call Becky!  Dr. M's office should be able to take care of everything as they will have the pre-authorization documents.  You shouldn't have to worry with the insurance company games and scare tactics.

Angelabianca - sleep well tonight and push that pump.  You will get a bit better every day (even though you may not realize it at the time).

LeslieAnne and Grt4tbtexan - I will be thinking of you both tomorrow.  Another step towards the end of this road.  Enjoy your nap.

• Springtime
    edited December 2012

Betsy, we'll only be in NJ on Sunday visiting Dad, and then driving home. But I'll be back up, and will look you up next time!

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited December 2012

omg..my jeans fit this morning!!!  it was 6 weeks yesterday.  I do not dare wear them all day with the inevitable bloating that comes later in the day but man that felt good pulling on a pair of jeans and zipping them!!  tried to lay on my side to sleep but my body is just not ready for that yet..a little too sore on left side still...ah well baby steps!

Maggie

ps did not tell my hubby that I could vacuum again yet...gonna keep milking that one

• Lesleyanne67
    edited December 2012

Here we goooooo.... Going to try to connect with Grt4btexan while I am here.... Will post when I can

Lesley

• MartyJ
    edited December 2012

Maggie - Jeans = Great Day!!! Yippee.  Vacuum?  I thought we weren't supposed to do that for at least 6 months.

• Cherrie
    edited December 2012

At least 6 mo. along with no lifting anything for the same amount of time. My hubby just vacuumed the living room. We'll see if he remembers at the 6 week mark. Ha ha Maggie. You are too funny.

• ttay
    ttay Member Posts: 83
    edited December 2012

Hi Ladies. I'm still here at Homewood Suites. I opted not to go in for a postop appointment. I just didn't have the energy. I checked in with Stacy by phone.

Did any of you all have little bouts of nausea and lack of appetite after Stage 2?

Other than that, everything is going well. I'm drinking lots of fluids, though. I fly home tomorrow morning.

Healing hugs to everyone.

TTay

• Springtime
    edited December 2012

Maggie, I'm sure I remember no vacuuming for quite some time :)  enjoy!

Ttay, are you taking any medicines that could be upsetting the tummy?

• Katiejane
    Katiejane Member Posts: 188
    edited December 2012

TTay,   I had no appetite after either stage and a small amount of nausea both times.  It's all of the medications and the post-op antibiotics.  Dr. M. gave a prescription for Zofran and it is great for the nausea.  Your appetite should come back a few days after you finish antibiotics.  Also, the pain meds can have the same effect so make sure you have atleast a few crackers in your stomach before taking-they are also constipating too!  Ya just can't win!!  :) !!

I can say for certain that I wish my appetite didn't come back!    Hugs!   katiejane

• ttay
    edited December 2012

Hey Spring. Just the antibiotic and Lortab. I did fine with those before. It just comes and goes...not constant. I brought crackers with me from the hospital. I'll try that, and take some on the plane with me tomorrow.

• Springtime
    edited December 2012

It could be you're more sensitive this time. Yes, a little food on the tummy will help, at least, it always helps me.... You'll be home soon!

• ttay
    edited December 2012

I just heard from Grt42btexan via text. Her Surgery was 4 hours.

She says she is so happy she did this.

Yay!

• Lesleyanne67
    edited December 2012

Awesome I wish I could have met you ttay if I knew yOu were still here I would have looked you up

My sugary was 6 hours I believe...

For rhe old plidation So I feel that the most!!! For those farther out how do you like the results?

More later.

• Jane123
    Jane123 Member Posts: 198
    edited December 2012

Lesleyanne,  I am 6 weeks out and uber happy with the results.  My dermatologist said it was the best reconstruction he had ever seen and wondered how come my "implants" look natural - where had I gone?.  He was blown away when I told him it was my own tissue.  He also praised the (non) scarring and was impressed that you cannot tell where the donor sites are - soooooo smooth and nice!  He asked for Dr. D's contact info so he could let other ladies know!  The P.A. and medical student (females) were wowed, too.  It was fun, I must admit.  Sorry for the bragging - I hope this comes across more as praise for Dr. D!  Worth it, worth it, worth it!  

• lastar
    lastar Member Posts: 553
    edited December 2012

Bragging encouraged! It's so nice to have something to be happy about in this breast cancer ordeal. Their surgical techniques are truly restorative.

• Lesleyanne67
    edited December 2012

Thanks!!! So sore rightnow and he revised the breasts extensivel j di notget nipples : ( it is oK. There ISA 2b in my future...