Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

NOLA in September?

Comments

• MartyJ
    MartyJ Member Posts: 819
    edited February 2013

KBodie - you need to send a PM to NoWhereGirl (aka TimTam).  She will get you in, but know that it takes a bit of time.  

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2013

Kbodie, read the bullets in the opening above the listing. It has instructions about the picture forum.

• Russell1
    Russell1 Member Posts: 413
    edited February 2013

Well I'm in the hospital and had the expander removed last night at 730. After emailing my pics to Dr. Sullivan, he still wanted to move forward with surgery but my ps called him and then they agreed to take it out and heal then go to Nola. So bummed but hoping I can go in a month. I'm calling today to see if they have a new date for me yet. I am so lucky to have a great ps here that cares so much. He doesn't waste anytime. I'm feeling good:) got to catch up on all your posts here. Hugs to you all ! I can't wait for boobs! Laughed so hard reading about lifting the hooha!

• MartyJ
    edited February 2013

Russell - so sorry to hear about this newest delay, but will allow you to go into the surgery in the best shape possible.

• AnnBR
    AnnBR Member Posts: 345
    edited February 2013

Besty, I read your post about accidently sending your pics to your son. OMG, how mortifying! I can only imagine... Sorry it happened!

• willy5js5
    willy5js5 Member Posts: 122
    edited February 2013

Russell, sorry about this bump in the road. It is a bummer. I hope your reschedule works out well and everything falls into place smoothly. Take it easy and rest as you recover.

• Cherrie
    Cherrie Member Posts: 921
    edited February 2013

Russell- take care of yourself and heal. You will be healthy and ready when surgery comes. The time will go fast. A lip on the screen.

Ordered the Marena's today. I will probably wait until lipo areas are less painful before trying to pull those on. The Collace hasn't done its magic yet, but it has only been 4 days. Yowzer!

One breast drain will most likely come out tomorrow. The other one I will keep for a while.

I have INTENSE stinging pain in my right breast. It is not constant, in fact it is quite intermittent. Has anyone else experienced this with a breast lift. If not for that I am doing quite well.

Thinking of you Kim as you start this stage one journey.you are in great hands and will do great!

• MartyJ
    edited February 2013

Cherrie - after 4 days on Colace, you probably should add Miralax.  They do different things - one is a softener and the other helps move things through the bowel using the water in your system.

• Springtime
    edited February 2013

Cherrie, a fleet suppository will give you relief in a few minutes. They work magic.

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited February 2013

Melanie... So sorry you are delayed. Just focus on the positive ( the expander is out).

Ann. Yes. Mortifying just about sums it up.

• Russell1
    Russell1 Member Posts: 413
    edited February 2013

Thanks everyone! I am staying positive ...and of course loopy with these pain meds. I tend to get so emotional in a very loving way. My hubby loves it! Lol

• Springtime
    edited February 2013

Russell, let us know when you get your new date. You sound good! Expander is OUT! In the big picture, this is just a little bump in the road. Hang in there!

• KBodie
    KBodie Member Posts: 211
    edited February 2013

Thanks for the tips. I did get on the picture forum and posted some photos. Still tossing around how much or little to have done for the 2B. In two weeks! Can't believe that. I think, however, the obsessing has begun. Reading and thinking about you all, every day.

• celtic_antique
    celtic_antique Member Posts: 351
    edited February 2013

Cherrie -- I have had the same pains in each breast at different times. The Center staff tells me that these are nerve regenerations and are a good sign, though a pain. A few weeks ago, it was nearly constant and had me hunched over like an old lady. But, it does get better ... even though when in the throes of it, it doesn't seem so! Hang in there ... hold onto the idea that this is a good thing!!

Maggie (Celtic)

• Cherrie
    edited February 2013

Thanks Maggie. I wouldn't want this constantly as they are very painful. I have had 3 episodes today. The lipo I can handle. 😁

• KSue
    KSue Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2013

Russell 1- sorry you had to reschedule but it is better to be safe than sorry. Here's to a quick recovery!

Betsy, are all of your drains gone? How long did you have them this time? Like you, after Stage 1, I had drains for what seemed like forever - a little over 8 weeks! So, hoping for a shorter time with Stage 2.

• DianneNC
    DianneNC Member Posts: 113
    edited February 2013

Hey everyone, just checking in finally. Hope everyone is doing well...I've been too wiped out to read much, so I'm way behind on everyone's progress. I had a pretty rough go of stage 2, but I am finally home. Was in the hospital three nights, got 2 units of blood and a very rough trip home. Big storms make for bumpy flights.

Parts of me feel great, but mostly I am so swollen to the point of misery. My thighs are sore from the lipo, of course, but my main source of misery is the extreme swelling in my belly. Having to wear the bra vest and the compression is just agony!! I didn't have this problem with stage 1, so I am hoping it passes in a few days. I just got out of the shower, so I am enjoying a 30 minute reprieve from the torture devices!!! If not for the whole midsection issues, I would feel fine overall. The lipo pain and drains are there, but totally managable. So tempted to not put the damn garments back on, but I know I must. I just want to whine about it a little more! :) I still have all five drains, but production is way down on all of them, so I'm hoping to lose some tomorrow. My range of motion in my arms feels great too.

Take care everyone!

• mags20487
    mags20487 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited February 2013

Dianne..hope you heal well home in your own bed.

Got a call today but my cell had died so by the time I called back she had left the office.  It was Melody from the center and she did not say what it was she was calling for.  I am a little nervous as to what she wanted as the bill from the first surgery has not been settled yet.  My worst fear is that they will tell me I have to wait to see what the insurance will pay before they let me come back.  Anyone know who Melody is and what she does there???  If I am wrong than by this time next week I will be awake with 2 boobies again!!

Maggie-2 ( sorry celtic forgot to differentiate between us maggies -teehee)

• Paula_Kay
    Paula_Kay Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2013

I keep "creeping" in the background reading posts (and learning). Keeping Pamela44, DianneNC, Audrella and Betsy in my thoughts as I have learned so much through you.  I preparing now for stage 2 on March 15.  My stage 1 DIEP was skin and nipple saving back in late November. At my stage 2 consult a few weeks back with Dr. S I felt pretty good about what he said.  No significant problems. I specifically asked if I would require drains again and he said no.  I am looking at adding about a half cup size (C+ aka above average haha), lift, abdn scar revision, dog ear revision and lipo/grafting. So not having drains is surprising, pleasantly. Lord I hope this is the case.  Some of you ladies have not had it easy. And I thought stage II should be a walk in the park when compared to stage 1. yikes.....

• Audrella
    Audrella Member Posts: 153
    edited February 2013

Melanie, chin up....things will work out in the end.  Got to keep the faith!

Dianne, so glad you are home and doing better.  Was worried about you!  You did have a rough go of things.

Paula....my experience has been that stage 2 IS a walk in the park compared to stage 1.  Absolutely.  Dr. D. did eaxctly to me what Dr. S. has planned for you, minus the grafting.  It took 5 hours.  He did a LOT of lipo and I still say stage 2 is so much easier than stage 1.  I did end up with 3 drains, two breast drains and an abdominal one, and the abdominal one came home with me and is still hanging around.  No big deal really.  I did want to let you know that Dr. D. did the "powerwashing" trick to my huge hard area and it seems to have worked beautifully!  My breast feels so much softer now than it did, I'm hoping it stays soft because it's really wonderful.  If Dr. S. says he's not worried about yours, I bet he can soften yours right up as well.

I made it home today thank goodness.  Some bad weather was on the horizon and fortunately skipped us I'm still feeling fantastic, but I am really swollen...as in I weigh 12 pounds more now than before surgery?!?!  12 pounds seems like a huge amount of swelling.  Is this normal? The only place that I'm uncomfortable is my feet and they are so swollen they are throbbing.  Otherwise, I don't feel bad at all and even my bruises are subsiding significantly already.  I'm healing very, very quickly!

• KSue
    KSue Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2013

DianneNC glad that you made it home and hope that you are feeling better soon. Be sure to pamper yourself and take your pain medication.  What did you have done that made your belly swell - (revision of former diep scar?).  I have two big indentions on my hips from Stage 1.  If you had that, can you tell a difference in your hips after Stage 2?  

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited February 2013

Ksue.. Yes, I am drainless. And tomorrow I am going to Zumba albeit not a full fledged class... I will stand in the back and sort of go through the motions. Don't want to jeopardize my fat grafting.

Paula Kay.. After my first stage II, I had drains for a week or so... I think I had a drain for over three weeks this time because I had a rotaional flap...

• MartyJ
    edited February 2013

Audrella- my feet and ankles were so swollen and painful about a week after Stage 1. Dr. T put me on lasix. It really helped within just a few days. Maybe you should call the center in the morning.

• Cherrie
    edited February 2013

I agree with Marty. That happened to me after stage 1. I was put on Lasix and this really helped. Get on this right away.

Yay Betsy on being drainless! It seems to be so freeing! Hoping to lose one tomorrow.

• KBodie
    KBodie Member Posts: 211
    edited February 2013

Welcome home to those who had to brave weather and travel to get there. Audrella-the swelling is normal. I weighed myself too. The nurse asked, "why would you do that?!" But the 6th day after stage 2 and after all the travel and such, I stepped out of bed and was sure there were two bags of sand tied to my legs. Sure enough, went on the scale and I was up 30 pounds!!!! Within two weeks, I was less than when I went in. But it is alarming. Stage 2 was harder for me only because I didn't stay in NOLA very long, had a ton of work done, and didn't go to all the trouble I did with stage 1 to line up help for me, the kids, the dog, the house, the laundry, the food and the kids were on a three-week break for the holidays. Stage 2ers, don't short-change your recovery time. I know it is hard since you will have already used favors and time off with the stage 1 but it still takes a lot out of you!

• Pamela44
    Pamela44 Member Posts: 114
    edited February 2013

Played tennis today and the endorphins were refreshing! Four weeks out and getting back to life. Tennis scheduled tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. Asymmetry looks better to me, am I going crazy or do things change day to day, or just my perception of them?

• PinkHeart
    PinkHeart Member Posts: 271
    edited February 2013

Kbode, I second everything you said about underestimating Stage 2B! 

• Paula_Kay
    edited February 2013

Yay Betsy!

• Springtime
    edited February 2013

I had a lot done in stage 2, including plication, and I felt stage 2 was SO SO SO much easier than Stage 1. So everybody is different! The Lipo areas hurt like crazy for the first 3-5 days. And I was VERY swollen. I looked at my legs and knees and felt like I had somebody's legs on my body!!! 

• Paula_Kay
    edited February 2013

Spring:

I had to look up "plication".  What in the world did you have "folded"! Sounds dreadful!