Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NOLA in September?

Comments

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2009

Oh Trisha. Cry  My Mom's heart aches for you. Is it possible that this gene thing could spontaneously appear in you? Is it not always passed down from parents? What if your Dad didn't have it, then where did it come from? (Aliens!!!??) Take your time to feel sad, and then decide about all this other stuff. 

Your son is going to be fine. Right? He has you for his Mom and you live life to the fullest, and have not let this get you down, and I am sure it will be the same for him. You are the example!  He will grow up and be able to make the hard decisions. And you will be there if he needs you!

The whole MRI thing, screening in general, makes me crazy. My current ONC is not a screener. She won't PET scan me or CAT scan me or MRI me. At first, I was, WHAT? but then, I realized, I always get insane about these things, plus there are those things they inject you with and radiation to be worried about. So for now. I think I am glad I am not scanned! I know how you feel! Let us know how it turns out for Tre. Sounds football-ish to me!!! Young male, football player, has issues with shoulder. I am thinking ---- football!!!! 

JJ, we like your rambles. :) 

• plainjane64
    plainjane64 Member Posts: 521
    edited December 2009

((((Trishia)))))......Gosh genetic testing.....loaded......both  blessing and a curse.  OMG I remember going for BRCA testing and truly being so dumbfounded because I really didn't know about all the other bonuses that came w/ it...I was barely processing the fact I had BC.  I was just thinking on autopilot..... 'if positive =remove breasts ,if negative= maybe just go for lumpectomy'.......you walk in trying to be proactive then as I sat w/ my own BC post treatment sister who also could NOT handle it.  She is the one who  said straight up that day:  "I do NOT want to know".

The counselor at UTSW handled it really very well and just said what we probably all know....and it almost becomes an ethical question. 

"This information is meant to help you not hurt you.  The people who were found to carry the gene said retrospectively they wished they had known it might have made their life better." 

At the time I wasn't ready for the result  mentally or emotionally it was just TOO much 2 days after being diagnosed w/ breast cancer.  Fortunately, the counselor just left it open, told me to take my time and call her if needed but reassured me it was OK to not want to know at that moment. After a couple weeks more I was ready and told her to forge forward.  YES it was a very strange place to be in my own family but I did feel morally obligated to share w/ them(to protect them) even tho they didn't want to know...you mention your dad having some bizarre REALLY unfounded guilt.

The guilt.... was projected onto me....as many of you might suspect after listening to my ongoing complaints/dissatisfaction w/ my dysfunctional family. My brother especially and his childbearing, infatuated w/ breast feeding daughters and their mother don't speak to me because I did the research proving my paternal gmom died from BC, but in 1945.  At any rate his wife and daughters  SOooo tiptoe around the entire topic....god forbid anyone mention the 'word'........sshhhh!...........MASTECTOMY!!!!!!    haaaaa!  did I say that out loud!  It was as if by me finding this out I was stirring up some sort of problem that didn't already exist.  Really a very primitive fearful and pathetically simple level of functioning.  But I truly believe living in that fear makes it even worse. 

I'm going to take a leap here and share w/ you what has been an observation but is VERY obvious over.... OMG..... the past SIX months now!!!!!!

None of us here-ESP ON THIS THREAD!- are simple....we were all motivated and SOUGHT out better than(WAY ABOVE!) average and almost all are THRILLED and empowered by doing so. I am truly amazed by the variety, intelligence, beauty and diversity of our group who were brought together by our common quest AND ALL that came w/ it(good bad and rambling BS from me, lol!).  I truly believe almost everyone here is and believes themselves to be better by this whole experience and we have turned what many people would have been defeated by into a journey that enriched our lives like we never thought possible. To us KNOWLEDGE is POWER.  Forgive me for being so philosophical because from a matter of fact point of view I  love you and YES, this genetic mutation SUCKS..and I HATE you have to deal w/ it!

Trishia, you, your kids,and your dad are anything but simple.  There are very good counselors who are trained to help people cope w/ the fallout from this stuff.  So many people even question if some of this genetic testing is ethical saying God didn't mean us to know everything, blah, blah blah.  Ya know I guess the same God who works thru the hands of our fabulous doctors also inspired other miracles of modern medical technology and if it prolongs and makes your life better or wards off a potential grave issue by early detection or recognition I know that morally and ethically it is what I am supposed to do and what My religion, (at least) supports.  I've said more than enough but please know you're loved....But YES It still SUCKS to have a final positive on Tre dammit!  I know he's like is mum tho...& he will KICK ASS! and have plenty of us cheering him to do so!

Oh I DO go on so!

• plainjane64
    edited December 2009

Ok really....this will be my last post today!  promise!

TEEL:  you asked about scheduling stage 2..................

I followed Springtime's lead....SHE forged ahead because she was trying to complete all her procedures before the year was out....and (correct if I'm wrong here!) Spring had her stage 1 date assigned to her in about  June?  I got my date before july4th wkend......  Several of us followed along.....Of course financial motivation- once you meet those out of pockets...BEST to try to do in the same year........ realized "Hey doing this in Sept and there's supposed to be 12 weeks in between-MINIMUM....BUT Celeste-Dr. D's nurse(at the time but now office mgr/educator?) knew I wanted to work it into 2009 and as we were looking at the schedule-in July or August told me then it COULD be 10 weeks minimal...BUT actually can be whenever you like...as long as it's at least 12 weeks(roughly)...I think I was right at 11 weeks....So you can go ahead and call and schedule.

Ok, going to eat Indian food dinner YUM!

• Trishia
    Trishia Member Posts: 361
    edited December 2009

Thanks ladies.  And yes...I am an Information Hound!!!  Knowledge is truly power.  I am looking into going to Dana Farber in Boston for a day of follow up.  They have actually have a clinic for adult childhood cancer survivors.  And they follow several Li Fraumeni families.  I figure I might as well use our crappy genetics to get to travel and see the country!!! 

• melaniew1
    melaniew1 Member Posts: 209
    edited December 2009

Hi All its me...returned from NOLA and stage 2,  more than 1800 miles of driving.....got home last night, slept all day today,  getting some water in me now then back to bed..........very sore, puffy and tired,  BUT its all good!  Glad to read all these posts, welcome to all newbies! you have found the right place. 

PJ - come to my house for xmas!

xxoo...........good night........tomorrow hoping for something to mooovvvee! Arrrrgh!.

• melaniew1
    melaniew1 Member Posts: 209
    edited December 2009

Trishia - praying for you and your son.

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited December 2009

This thread is like a book that you just cannot put down!   Trishia, I just have to ditto what Springtime and JJ wrote.   I don't have a known mutation, but everyone in my family has died really young from cancer.  I am hopeful that my children will escape this nasty fate, but only time will tell.  In the meantime, we just have to make the most of the life we are blessed with and Tre is so lucky to have you for his mom!

I left for work this morning and there was an issue with an employee, so I emailed DH about it and then called to ask him to check his email.   He is so conscientious about always putting me first that he didn't want to let my call go unanswered.  He was working on the car he bought when he was 19 and has been restoring for decades (always putting me and kids and the house first, so the car has been moved in pieces three times).   Unfortunately, in answering the phone, a part fell and damaged the body of the car, which was all finished and painted.   I  just hate the idea of him continuing to do the restoration while home alone because he's come close to being injured a couple of times while installing the engine and transmission without any help. 

Anyway, I apologize for not getting everything straight earlier, but having my DH so upset just rattled my nerves and I accomplished close to nothing today.  JJ, I went looking for a comment from you and didn't find it! 

Jaimie, Nip Girl said to say hello to you!!  LOL

• ccbaby
    ccbaby Member Posts: 503
    edited December 2009

Teel...Dr S told me today that I could come back in 2 or 3 months for my stage 2, whichever is best for me.

Melanie....Welcome home!! Do you have snow??  We are half-way home right now.

• Nordy
    Nordy Member Posts: 1,106
    edited December 2009

Trishia - I am sorry to hear the results about your genetic test. Even though you have been suspicous all along, it is another thing to have it turn to fact. Take the time that you need to to grieve a little bit - it is okay!!! Then, as you are already doing (and like I really need to tell you - NOT) forge on ahead! Your son has a wonderful example in you! I will be hoping and praying for a football injury (whoever thought that would be a good thing???) on the MRI. Hang in there... Bye the way I finally got into Timtam's site... you look MARVELOUS, SIMPLY MARVELOUS!

And as for you, Sandy - I didn't know that I had to look for a nip link to find you in there!!! Did you ever post on here what your incognito name on TimTam's site is? Aaha - but I did find you and need I say that THANK THE LORD you went to NOLA to fix those tatas!!! Not that they were horrible, but they are just SO much better now (like night and day)!!! And LOVE the nips! 

Mel - glad to hear you are home and resting! Can't wait to hear your story when you are feeling up to it!

Jenn - I LOVE the diatribes... I look forward to them, so you just keep writing! Again - you are welcome here ANYTIME you need to get away! 

Okay, presents to wrap, tea to drink (getting sick AGAIN and I just came off my antibiotic from the last illness... ugh), and bed... ahhhhhh... Can't wait. HUGS to all!

• Warrior517
    Warrior517 Member Posts: 240
    edited December 2009

Trishia- (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))). Although we don't have the answers, we know it feels good to vent. With time, the answers will come. A wise woman once said, If in Doubt, you already have the answer...............

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited December 2009

A wise woman once said, If in Doubt, you already have the answer...............Warrior, I needed to hear those very words today (for reasons totally unrelated to bc!) Thanks.

My goal during the holiday break is to gather up my pics and post them on TimTam's site--from implants to SGAP.

Four + weeks out of Stage 2, and I still need to wear the high-rise spanx, or I get burning in the flank area and inner thighs. I need new jeans, but it's really hard to try them on whilst wearing spanx. Droopy drawers will just have to suffice for now!

I met with anniese and Danny for lunch yesterday, and we hardly had time to eat for all the talking about our Stage 2s. Danny gave us a bottle of wine, and I thought this was the coolest thing...It's called "Cleavage Creek"--the labels feature a bc survivor, and 10% of every bottle sold goes to bc research. And to make things even better, it was darn good! I had a Merlot with a spicy lamb burger. Yummy. Anyway, check it out at www.cleavagecreek.com and read the stories!

Off to work, and I hope to make it home before the next snowflakes fall!

Anne

• Warrior517
    edited December 2009

Cleavage Creek...love it! lol  Anne...I am so glad that those words are guiding you today, my friend!!!

I forgot to tell you the great news (Ty Pam for the reminder)...My MIL Pet Scan was CLEAN!! AMEN...the woman is a true warrior. Battled a rare cancer 3 times in 5 yrs....I just love her.

Went to gym today..ten days out of Stage 2..walked for half hour! Woo Hoo.... 80 year olds passed me up but I was there and thats all that matters lol

• holtbolt
    holtbolt Member Posts: 302
    edited December 2009

AnnieW - thank you in advance for the pictures on TimTam's site.. there aren't alot for us SGAP girls to look at....and my Stage 1 is fast approaching..

Trishia - ((((hugs))))) and your pictures look fantastic Smile

Last night (even tho my Stage 1 isn't till Feb) I had a dream I had big balloon breasts full of air and 2 drains on my hips... one I emptied at 80ccs.. the other one was nearly empty.  WTH!  I remember feeling very disappointed as I emptied the drains because I thought the boobs should feel more real..... and they were full of AIR, just like balloons..... uh oh.. the anxious dreams are starting....;

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited December 2009

Trishia- Im sorry you got the news on your son.  I know that even though expected.  its hard to know it really is so.  I hope his MRI is good next week.

Great News Warrior!

Cleavage Creek- thats a great Name.

Holtbolt- I started sleeping on my side last Thursday (6 weeks)  It feels so good to finally sleep again!

Anyway...I woke up Sat & thought - OMG Im sleeping on my stomach- Oh No!  Well I was on my back.  Guess sleeping finally made me really out of it when I woke up.  LOL

Eventually I will be adding my SGAP Pictures to the forum... Not quite ready

I have a thread on my Symmastia Implants & a Drain picture thread for now.

I hope some Stage 2 ladies will add theirs soon.

Id love to see a dominatrix picture...So I have an idea of how it goes on.

Pam

• plainjane64
    edited December 2009

Cleavage creek!  LOL!!!  OMG, love it!  I MUST check that out! In Dec 2008 after I had lumpectomy and was into rads I went to Sams and bought a case of their leftover Oct (BC awareness month )wine called 'Hope"  it had a lovely pink label and apparently some percentage of proceeds were going to BC research...I gave that out as thank you's then that study about alcohol and breast cancer came out.. Sigh....I still drink.....but am a big believer in folic acid....it probably doesn't completely cancel out my bad habits but supposedly helps repair the damage to DNA caused by drinking and other self abuses......who knows? the extra natural folates can't hurt either right?

Warrior...You are so good.  Do you have drains?  I just can't picture myself at the gym w/ abdominal drains? But I know it would help my mood immensely. I'm thinking I'll wait til they're out....15 cc each for the past 2 days...need to call because I can't imagine they'd want me to dc both simultaneously -one in each corner of abd/femoral....surely they'll go one at a time?  I'm calling.  And what wonderful news about your MIL!  Merry Christmas!

Sandy, That is great that your husband has one of those types of hobbies.  How many married women I know would love their husbands to have something like that to occupy them ....I just keep flashing to Ferris Bueler when they snuck that restored car out...Thank goodness your kids are probably past that stage!

Melanie, glad you made it home. Take it easy my friend! Fluids and food, no empty stomach, that other  fluid is going to third space and will work its way where it needs to go....the second week is better- at least for me...but yeah I'm still sore, black and blue...BUT still NO REGRETS.

I did probably half my christmas cards yesterday better finish up today.

Trishia it's great you found something at Dana Farber...I looked on MD Anderson for info on Li Fraumeni and p53 and didn't come up w/ much but may not have been searching correctly.  You know you're welcome here too if you decide to explore resources to the south.  I thought I remembered the UTSW BC research guru listing some special interest in cancer genetics, here is a link  don't feel obligated but if he doesn't know he probably knows someone who does.....BUT you're probably already WAAAY ahead of the game girlfriend.  http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/findfac/research/0,2357,20095,00.html

Ok ladies!  have a lovely tuesday!

• swastew
    swastew Member Posts: 110
    edited December 2009

TRISHA - your pictures on TimTam's site are amazing - WOW!! Thank you for sharing!

To All - I was granted access to TimTam's site when I got home late last night - and could not pull myself away from the computer screen.....some of the photo's were heart wrenching - and not in a good way! I kept thinking to myself "If this surgeon had to re-build a penis - there was NO WAY some of these results would be acceptable!!  I am so thankful and feel so blessed that I will be in the hands of Dr. S in New Orleans soon!! To those who have gone before me - YOU are my idols!! Thank you all for your words of wisdom, and sharing your very personal experiences in NOLA! 

I came across a quote that I wanted to share - it seems so fitting for all of us......"Scars remind us where we have been, but do not have to dictate where we are going."  We all have scars, both physically and emotionally from the cancer journey we have faced - for me, I wear my scars as a badge of honor - they remind me daily how blessed I am for this life - and I can look cancer in the eye and prevail. I am a better person for my two experiences with this devil we call cancer.

LouAnn

• plainjane64
    edited December 2009

OMG....this thread IS hot!  I just looked....of course I'm on here so much it stays UP there.LOL!  But seriously a thread started 6 mos ago has turned into such THE hot topic!  WAy to go Springtime!

Holtbolt......I started having dreams and YES we all had the butterflies and MAJOR mixed emotions, on the verge of freaking out! for the month or so before stage 1.  I think in my dream.....sheesh I would go back and look but not sure where in the first 25 pages?  lol! I might find.......anyhoo...One dream I missed the flight I think....and another the driver took me to the local PS who I decided NOT to have surgery w/.....but somehow DURING the dream realized this was all impossible and woke up So relieved!  It is going to be AWESOME!  you'll see!  for now eat well, exercise, go in in the best shape possible! take those vitamins stay away from smoke and contagious sick people and STRENGTHEN your support systems so that people will know to check on you when you get back home and let them know you may not be yourself so please be ready...More than likely you will be BETTER than yourself when you get home!  But you have time and energy to prepare now so TAKE ADVANTAGE of it.  You probably have K Steligo book, she has a whole chapter on everything to do for the month before almost in countdown style.....I DID make all my appts way in advance because things get crazy that last week or so before you go.....appts for  pre-op testing that has to be done 10-14 days before, hair(no matter how short and beautiful it is) pre op...it will grow while you're recovering...you just want everything as easy as possible...I bought these overpriced but cute headbands that helped hide the unavoidable NOla induced frizzies!.....  I got my legs and underarms waxed the week before too,  Mani/ pedi,  SCHEDULE a date or some celebration w/ your DH or closest friends the night before you shove off that will make you feel loved and relaxed.  I went to the symphony the night before I left and also made arrangements to be annointed by my priest before the service I attended on the sunday am when I left.  Just plan to do ALL the things that you can and that could make the rather lengthy 6 weeks recovery easier. slip on shoes, easy on and off clothes that ae loose enough to cover drains.  It really does speed by...after ALL the time planning pre stage one I was at the post op stage one visit and just looked at Dr. D and said "Did we REALLY just DO this?" and he said "YES!"......then lo and behold I blinked and was back for pre op stage 2 saying "Am I really already BACK for this?"

It's going to be good, REALLY good!   

• Warrior517
    edited December 2009

Jenniferjane....NO drains here, love. I had my dog ears cut off so those areas are very tender as the incisions heal but the rest is your typical lipo pain....I know you have drains and that is a whole different ballgame...........I did drive for the first time today, too! It hurts to get in and out of car but manageable lol

Holtbolt...I had lots of those crazy dreams, too! lol  Its just the anxiety but you are such great hands.

Mel...1800 Miles!! You are such a trooper...I bet you are so happy to be home in your own bed!!

• Teel
    Teel Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2009

Trishia, you and your son are in my thoughts.  He's really lucky to have your proactive researchin' self for a mom.  We are all a like minded group here it seems.

So, guess where I spent four hours last night???  The E.R.  Somehow, I managed to pull one of my drains out -- not all the way but enough.  In the end, it looked like about ten inches.  It's now back in and restitched.  And I am tucking those tubes inside my yoga pants from now on.  I feel like a complete boob for doing that no pun intended.

Have a great night,

T

• Springtime
    Springtime Member Posts: 3,372
    edited December 2009

Ladies, i will be away from the computer for a few days. If any newbies come, please welcome them and I will add them to the list later. OKAY???

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Spring. 

• Nordy
    edited December 2009

Merry Christmas Spring!!!!

Holtbolt - my dreams came after stage 1. Dr. S has you wear your bra for 24/7 for 2 weeks after surgery. I kept mine on for 6 except for showering. (they give you two, so you just have wash to do everyday).I kept having this dream that I took my bra off and my boobs came off with it, leaving this open gap of skin. I just couldn't bring myself to go braless for the longest time because of it! 

Okay, going to try to post some pics to Timtam's site... BUT I need to take some from now because things look much better. And SWSTEW - I agree - I had a hard time looking at some of the reconstructions from other docs... SO GLAD I found Dr. S and NOLA. (sigh of relief....) 

• holtbolt
    holtbolt Member Posts: 302
    edited December 2009

plainjane - thank you for the tips!  I hope to ramp up the excercise after Christmas... maybe Santa got me the Wii Fit I asked for.... because my treadmill bores me to tears..

Nordy - that dream is scarier than my balloon boob dream! LOL

Teel - I was wondering what happens if a drain comes out when you get home... did the center tell you to go to the ER?

Dejaboo  - ahh side sleeping... I am a big side sleeper...6 weeks on my back will be rough for me... hope your last drain slows up and comes out soon!

• plainjane64
    edited December 2009

Spring Merry Christmas!

Stacy called me today and I ended up talking to her for at least an hour I bet. I think she is supposed to send me the brown tape in the mail but it's really way too soon to use. She also said I can take out one of my drains....technically they both qualify BUT you don't take 2 out at once in the abd...FYI....  and that was sort of what I thought she would say.  I haven't ventured out of this lovely outfit to do the deed yet but know it will be nice to have one less tube/drain. 

TEEL..............OUCH!  I just know when the knot accidently slips loose in the shower how startling it is and how it hurts and I've accidentally caught but never accidentally pulled one out....yikes!

Nordy I came home w/ at least 5 bras and like 3 different sizes after stage one....go figure?......But I was there a week and had issues, like a skin reaction probably to tegaderm w/ the first one they gave me.

Ok girls do you realize how many holidays we've now spent together?  OMG  I was looking back and read a couple of the first 5 pages....LOL!....I know I keep reminiscing and saying this but wow!...I read back some of the stuff we all were saying before stage 1........it is REALLY something how far we've come!

• SandyinSoCal
    edited December 2009

Nordy, come on, they were absolutely horrific after stage I !!!  I'm going to have to add some photos showing the flatness and wrinkling, and my burn.  I am so happy that I got away from my first surgeon in time to avoid stage II with him.   I could be dead right now of a pulmonary embolism thanks to him and his negligence.  Not to mention that he accidentally burned my chest, pulled my ab drain so early that I eventually had to have my abdominal incision almost completely re-opened, and that he made several cruel remarks verbally and in writing during the 17 office visits I had in those first 3.5 months after stage I.   I wish I had a photo of how the left flap turned purple a week post-op.  It had venous congestion before he transferred it to my chest and nearly died two days after I was released from the hospital. 

Anyway, no, I have not posted the picture forum screen name here, because I have employees who might find a way to go looking and I didn't want to take that chance.  Sorry!

Teel, I remember actually dropping a drain while showering after my stage II surgery.  It hit the floor and the bulb detached.  I felt like an idiot, but things happen and we usually don't have  much experience dealing with all of the stuff attached to us after this surgery.  I'm glad it's back in and working hard for you once more.

LouAnn, your words are so inspiring!    I was so afraid of scars before my mast/DIEP because other than a scar from a cyst on my tailbone, I didn't have any.   They've faded and they don't bother me anymore. 

Very sad and emotionally-trying day today because I had to fire someone for violating company policy, the very worst part about owning a business.  I felt horrible about the timing with the holidays upon us, and she argued and begged, and wouldn't stop.   I doubt it could have been much more difficult to carry out.  I guess my only consolation is that she doesn't celebrate Christmas, but I sure feel like the grinch tonight---a mean one.

• Minnesota
    Minnesota Member Posts: 604
    edited December 2009

Dreams before and dreams after...

About a year after I was all done, I had a dream that my reconstructed breast was gone. There was just an empty, flat, half of a chest. I woke up crying, really almost hysterically. I sat on my bed holding onto that breast for a long, long time until I stopped crying, so thankful it was just a nightmare and that those wonderful docs gave me back my breast for real and forever.

• Nordy
    edited December 2009

LOL, Sandy - You DO need a more ROTTEN picture to post for after your stage 1!!! I had no doubt that your surgeon did all those things! It always amazes me who goes into the medical profession, from doctors to nurses, to PTs and OTs. I haven't worked since I had my first daughter, but since I am a perpetual patient now and since my hubby still works in health care, I still hear all of the horror stories. There are just some people who would be better off NOT doing patient care! Compassion is the primary requirement and some people are just lacking! I continue to be amazed... but it just makes me that much more grateful for when I DO have a good provider!!! Hurray for the docs fixing you (and me and Trishia and countless other women) up from previous botched attempts at reconstruction. I am forever grateful!

Okay, off and running... my brain is mush and still (yes, STILL) have more presents to wrap and a house to clean for my company coming! I am certain by the time I come back after the holidays, I will have to bring a giant cup of tea and be prepared to kick back and read for an hour or two... But lucky for all of you I am not going YET!!!! Wink You are all stuck with me for one more day before I am swept into the holidays!

• plainjane64
    edited December 2009

Sandy........Nightmare story........And Nordy...................You are right......I shudder when I even hear comments that are innapropriate and yeah being a patient on the other side does make me a better nurse.  I have aero tolerance for BS.  There is just no room for half @ssed work/follow up etc.  from healthcare providers esp..... BUT..... Sandy I fired someone yesterday too.  The lady who cleans my house...And it is not the same....It's just......when she was staying w/ me a few days post stage 2 last week to make sure I was OK and didn't bother to even say "Hi", "You ok?", "need anything?", or "I'm leaving"....and I was wretching w/ the door open-not in a quiet way and she took off w/o plans to return but didn't let me in on that either.  I KNOW she's not a nurse.  I know her job is really to clean my house every 2 weeks BUT...If I'm hospitalized or dead what difference does it make if my house is clean?  It just seems so basic to me...yeah yeah yeah, respect my privacy but the whole POINT of her being here was to help out and make sure I was OK....and I was NOT. I'm fine now/great!  But I was truly on the verge of hospitalization for dehydration but thanks to a couple nurse friends coming over, literally being my nurses and making contact w/ Nola then Nola calling out anti emetics, changing meds around and following up w/ me for 2 days to make sure I was OK This was probably the worst I've ever felt-still NO REgrets on anything I had done- just fluke maybe pain /antibiotic medication related fluid volume/electrolytes messed up, empty stomach and voila major nausea and vomiting.....so I CanNOT have someone here who, I certainly cannot trust someone in my own home and up in my business who is either too clueless or simply does not value my life and my health.  My house is a mess, I'm really not supposed to be doing any heavy cleaning and I'm not.  I really don't care.  I'll find someone else next week.  Ugg I struggled.......yes I have a chip on my shoulder, persecution syndrome, probably a lot of this is me.......But there is nothing worse than being in that very vulnerable position w/ someone who you're supposed to be able to trust who is negligent, creepy, or yes-somewhat abusive- whether it be physical,mental, emotional.  It's just NOT OK....and all this stressful stuff that shoots off after having a life threatening illness just sort of helps clarify WHO in our lives we can and should trust in times of need.  And yeah maybe I am a lousy judge of character and will continue seeing a counselor because I am so batting a thousand in the interpersonal relationship dept.  But I just think we are not meant to be treated like s%&t.  OK, On that note I'm OVER it!  No longer nauseous and have Oh so much to do today!

Merry Christmas!

• Warrior517
    edited December 2009

I know many of my fellow Warriors will be busy in the next few days and may not be posting as much. So, I would like to take this opportunity to say MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS to each and every one of you beautiful ladies. A special THANKS to Springtime for turning this thread into a HOME for so many of us!!  Each of you have brought something special to my life, wheather it was your words here, a gentle hug in NOLA or a phone call to ease each others minds.... I am grateful for ALL my new found sisters!! Enjoy this time with friends and family....xoxooxoxox

• SandyinSoCal
    edited December 2009

Okay, more pics posted per your request, Nordy!   I hope they help you understand some of the challenges I presented to Dr. D.  He says that 90% of the outcome is determined by the stage surgery, and if it isn't done right, well, he has had to work very hard to correct the problems I had and I've had six surgeries with him over the past two years.  Returned home elated every time!

Merry Christmas to all of you!  I will be around, as we are having a very quiet holiday this year.  My sister is a nurse and has to work Christmas day, and my brother just married into a huge family which has basically swallowed him up, so we are only going to see him on Christmas eve for a very early dinner and then church.

• Teel
    Teel Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2009

Echoing Warrior's sentiments.  Thank you Spring for creating this little haven for us.  Warm holiday wishes to each of you and here's to a Rockin' 2010 for us.

Best,

T