MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I saw that during BC awareness month last year.  And yes, I thought it was great!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I saw that last year and LOVED it! Then at work months later it came on the Muzak. I kept asking everyone what it was because I was SURE I knew it somehow....heheheheh...finally figured it out! Sheesh..

• lh88
    lh88 Member Posts: 3

Dark chocolate covered beans! No guilt.

Glad you don't "card"! 

I finally, a month after diagnosis of recurrence of DCIS after lumpectomy and 33 rad treatments in 2007, have an appointment (May 6) for a consultation with a new BS. My hospital closed right after I got the news in March and I've spent weeks collecting my records from all over NYC.

This site has helped so much in this interim, when I don't know what's going on yet. So much to learn; so many generous folks giving their knowledge and time.

Thanks! 

Lil

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Welcome, lh88, and if we can help with info. and support, we are happy to.  You probably became an "expert" the first time around.  I have said before that it truly felt like I was getting an "associate's degree" in B/C.

Since you say recurrence, was your first DCIS also Grade 3?  

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97
    Hello My Middle age Pals! Hope you all have a great weekend. One good thing about weekends, No Appts & No Treatments. Thinking of all of you & enjoying the Post I esp love reading about  all the comfort food!!  Thanks for the great info & Thanks for all the support!

I Saw my oncologist yesterday!  Had a check up & they drew 8 vail of blood . Got a few results back. Still anemia, Low on Iron,( no wonder cause they took all my blood-LOL) Good news White count is back to normal yea, Infection gone. But My calcium is still low ,after taken extra 600 mg daily!!  So on my day off today ( I work the weekend) I had a Dexascan done..(Bone Density Testing ). Sound so much fun for a day off!. I am suppose to be starting back on my tamoxifen  as soon as possible, But I am planning on waiting til after Ky oaks Breast Cancer Survivor Parade April 30, so I can Parade around the track with no Leg pains & no headaches, I am finally feeling good. so I think I can wait a week, I so dread those Side effect! But I Know it necessary! 

Thanks for all your prayers !

Happy weekend! {{hugs}} Gina

Please click' Pink glove Dance"< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw>

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Do any of you get ankle and or foot cramps at night?  The last two nights I have had terrible cramps along the outside of my ankle and foot, I am figuring what the h... now!  I have had leg cramps in the calf but these are different and very painful.  On a good note probrbalt felt the best today I have in a month, yeast infection feels liek it is gone, bladder infpection feels like it is gone, and I had enough energy to visit Mom after work and then help my hubby cut lawn.  Oh how nice!!

Gina glad to hear you are doing better!!

Hi Lil, glad to meet oyu sorry as to why, hope you find a good BS, sorry to hear of your recurrence, I like the thought of dark chocolate coverd beans!!!

• elimar

ReginaR, Do you supplement with Vit. D?  (There is a whole long thread about it on here too.)  The Vit. D help with absorbtion of calcium.  Your calcium supplement may already contain Vit. D, so check the label.  If it does not, you might want to read thru' that thread I mentioned as there is some debate on how much D is best.  Also, you can take 1200mg. of calcium daily.  It is advised to take 600mg twice daily, with food.  Also, check if your calcium supplement contains magnesium.  They work together and should be taken in a 2:1 ratio.

carolyn79, Any swelling with the pain?  Do you take AIs?  They can cause joint pain.  So can Tamoxifen, but it is more rare.

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Someone told me yesterday that I had cheated death??? What theeee!!!  I looked them in the eye and told them that God wanted me to appreciate life a little more. I"m still not sure why they said that. I don't feel like I cheated death, just got the crap scared outta me.

Carolynn- You doc. can check you vit. D. level with a blood test. I hope this helps. 

• Meece

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/79/topic/741446

Here is the link for the Vit D Page

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Thanks, they just checked my Vit D don't have the results a bunch of others too.  No swelling I take Tamox and have osteoarthritis.  Dr put me on Vit D and calcium due to low numbers after thyroid surgery, I go back to see the Endo in two weeks so will ask.  I do find that since I have 2-3 differnt things going on and that some overlap sometimes the Docs like to blame it on something else but will try to ask a lot more questions and see what's up.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Paulding-I think I would have told that person, they CHEATED death, cause they said that to you & instead of killing them-you walked away!  People-just don't think!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

I was Dx 3 months before my 50th b'day....recovering from chemo #3 on 50th b'day.....4 years later, this is the first year that I'm not dreading my b'day or should I say not dreading anticipating my b'day....I had been so excited to turn 50 and bam, thank you mam, you have BC...so planning in advance was hard....my b'day is in 2 weeks....my 2 oldest kids and I all have b'days within 9 days of each other....3rd, 8th and 12 of May....and then mothers day is between may 8 and 14th!! busy month.....

• PauldingMom

CELEBRATE YOUR BUTT OFF KAREN!!!

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Have a great week girls, Good luck with appt & treatments .prayers & Hugs

I worked all weekend, so I am off today & waiting for  my Oncocgist office to call me back with Lab results & results from the dexan-scan I had friday!

Hope you enjoy the song, it inspired me today, Iam in a boo-hoo modd, but it raining here, so that doesn't help!

YouTube - Bomshel-Fight Like A Girl Lyrics

Love Gina

• Meece

Gina, you didn't warn us that the song would make us boohoo!  I am at work, and listened to it!

• PauldingMom

This is a great song. It doesn't make me cry just gets me focused. So today, "Kick A$$ and take names."  my favorite line :)

• Meece

It doesn't take much to make me cry when I think of BC and how indiscriminate it is.

• elimar
    Nevermind.
  • Meece

Elimar, you'd better check your calendar again.  If I am correct, the year still has 12 months in it, which twto did you get rid of?

When you said 8 months, I thought we had joined around the same time.  But, you seemed like a long-timer here when I started!  I rarely look at the date joined but this made me...

Have you ever heard of the "Sarc-mark"?  It is a punctuation mark made up by someone, and you can download it (for a fee) and use it in your emails and postings to indicate when you are being sarcastic.  I think I will have to think one up that is free....

• elimar
    Forget it.
  • elimar

Ditto.

• Meece

Boy, Elimar...you must be irritated, you are repeating yourself.

• elimar

Yeah, I was having a cranky day yesterday, so I just took those postings away.  I joked that I was PMSing, since my meno has been paused for over six mos. due to natural and/or Tamoxifen  causes.  Well, the joke was on me today.  It wasn't menopausal crankiness, it actaully was PMS.  Guess I can't even recognize it after all this time

pms Pictures, Images and Photos

Why not have both, eh?  Menopause moodiness and PMS crankiness.  Great!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Oh, Elimar--that is so not fair! 

• Meece

Elimar, don't be hard on yourself. I didn't take it as that cranky.  For four years the monthly visit has been absent but the hormones fluctuate just as if it was there.  So, it makes it really difficult to know when that moodiness will rear its ugly side.

• elimar

I hate to say it, but colonoscopy and the many mood of menopause are SO middle aged type topics.  Who (generally) even thinks of that stuff in their thirties?   Back then, I was making the rounds to find a charming little pre-school for the kids.  It's no wonder we digress to whale watching, cute grandkids, or Cheetos from time to time.

You can tell I'm making a break with the real world when I post a picture of a mermaid at the top.  Watch for unicorns, coming soon.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Sorry I missed the cranky postings, Elimar! I'm happy you're resting peacefully now in your happy place, apparently with a big tail...

• PauldingMom

OHH OHH OHH do a Pegasus!!!!

Wouldn't it be awesome to just jump on one a fly away sometimes.

So sorry to hear about your monthly visit coming back. Some women can't wait to get it back. Me, at age 46, could care less. Chemo-pause is the pits but it beats PMS anyday. Sending you hugs, but don't sit on my white couch. Just joking:) 

• Meece

I've never one to have PMS, so when I went through chemo-pause, no one would have been the wiser.  I do feel the hormone swings monthly, but not cranky or witchy, just different.  I got spoiled by chemo-pause, and that's one reason I had Novasure done.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Meece: what's "Novasure"?