MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

It is a procedure which ablates the endometrial lining and lessens or eliminates any monthly guest without changing your hormones or removing your uterus.  It is treatment for irregular menstrual cycles and heavy bleeding, or menorrhagia.

After chemopause I had periods lasting up to two weeks and 21 days first day to first day.  This stopped all of that.  My Gyno didn't think it would work 100% on me because my uterus was over three times the normal size.  He didn't think he cuold cover the whole area.  It did, and within a couple months, my uterus had shrunk to normal size.  It was a God send.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Wow-I'm gonna tell my sister about that Meece.  She suffers horribly (I used to but had them rip everything out 10 yrs ago)

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

So did I!! Riiiiiiiiiiippppppp

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    Mine is still there, but Im sure it's rusted by now.Wink
  • Meece

I think it's technically called Novasure, because the machine that they use is patented to that one company.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

I'm 45 and have been having chemopause since October. Hope it doesn't come back. Started on my year of Herceptin last week, maybe that will keep it at bay. If not I'll have to check into the Novasure, cuz I had horrible periods before. Never even had a normal cycle till I had kids, and the cramps were so severe sometimes I did nothing but curl up into a fetal position and cry. That got easier after the kids as well. Still sometimes nothing helps, Midol, Pamprin, heating pad. Really hope it doesn't come back.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

I still say the 6th best day of my life was August 12, 1997, the day they took they took out my malfunctioning, falling out of the body UTERUS!  I was thankfully done having children and the periods were long and heavy and the thing was literally falling out.  Still had the ovaries until last year, now they're out too.  I think I'd much rather have menopause than PMS!  Leisa, I hope it doesn't come back for you too!

• Meece

Leisa, I wish your avatar were bigger so everyone could see the seven drarfs of menopause...

So I am posting it here:

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392
    Really age 40 to 60's here. Do we really need our monthly visitor. When chemo. stopped mine I was left feeling kinda lost. "Does this make me less of a woman?" this along with no MoJo kind aleft me spinning. But I've come to terms with it now and glad it's done. It great to skip that isle in the store! Dang supplies are expensive. 
    My sis had that procedure done but then had to have a hystorectomy (sp) done as well. She had some pre-cancerous cells and with Mom and I having the B.C. they just thought it was a good idea. B.C. Sucks! I felt so guilty that she had to do this because of us. She's doing great with that stuff, but now the finally figured out she has M.S.  I tell ya that's another sucky disease. Constant pain. We call each other a b!&*# about our disease all the time. Leaves us both feeling better. 
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

hahahaha Pictures, Images and Photos

I'm laughing at those dwarves, not you PauldingMom.   My posts get out of order sometimes.

• Ainm
    Ainm Member Posts: 362

[menopause.gif] 

Hmm - looks familiar!!!

• eph3_12

I am definitely all 3 in the middle row!!!

• barbe1958

I'm  just not forgetful......am I? Otherwise, I'll lay claim to them all! 

• eph3_12

My DD would probably say I'm the top right & bottom right for sure--especially during the teaching her to drive time (I'm happy to report she is starting driver's training on Monday; I'm hoping that will calm me down.)

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

Glad to know, I'm not the only one in this catagory, cuz I'm all them as well. JUST ASK MY HUSBAND!!!!!(ROFLMAO)

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

Just wanted to say hi...I am supposed to limit my computer use...for my f---ng shoulder injury. It's been tough for me lately, I am so diabled. Anyway I hope everyone is well. I am doing my first cancer walk tomorrow. Walking and lying on the floor are the two times I am not in pain.

I actually had a nice day. I recieved an award for my former career...but it was bittersweet.

Anyhow, hugs to all, and I hope to be back soon typing away. I was at an art gallery the other day and they had a bowl of cheetos puffy one, and I had one in your honor.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Good to hear from you, Cookie!  Sorry about your shoulder, don't over do but keep us up to date when you can safely post a few words!

• barbe1958

How did I miss something happening to Cookies shoulder??? {{{{{{{ Cookie  }}}}}}}}}}}

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Cookie Here's a Cheeto Cheer to you for your award. What's up with the shoulder?

• cookiegal

it's frustrating...went to PT for boobie and a few special bc exercise classes  and developed impingment. Probable because I was so inactive for so long after surgery.

Thank god it is left not right, that arm is pretty useless.

• barbe1958
    So much for PT!!! Yell
  • OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Catching up tonight and have been totally entertained, thanks ladies. I love the mermaid E and I am every one of those dwarves too!

Hugs Cookie I hope your arm feels better soon.

• Meece

I can only say I might be itchy and forgetful.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Today I am Tired and Achy--mowed the back yard yesterday, worked in the garden some, got just enough sun to be pink but I didn't burn!  Very tired and sore, though.  On the up side, I'm not quite as out of shape as I thought, I could do half the yard without stopping to rest.  Last year at this time I could only do a quarter!  Not that I'm in good shape by any means, but it's nice to find out I'm not as bad off as I thought I was!

• barbe1958

Nicely done Mainer! That is optimistic progress...I'd take it.

• cookiegal

Hi again....thanks for the support.

Yesterday was a good day, did the revlon walk in the morning, which was HUGE, times square packed with a gazillion people, then we had our block party which is really nice, because I live across the street from an especially pretty church, and we have a blues band and bake sale. Also my husband pulled the funniest prank on me ever.

Despite all this, I am at the lowest place I have been since diagnosis. I am so limited in how much I can use my arm and shoulder, and I still struggle with the breast pain since sx. I just want to scream. 

I worried about dying of cancer, never thought the real threat here was a life of chronic pain. I am seeing the physiatrist (sp?) on Thursday,plus more accupuncture and OT this week. Please pray for me I can somehow turn this around.

Good weekend wishes and one armed hugs to all!

• barbe1958

Oh Cookie! Blessed hugs to you {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Cookie }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Stop. Take in the love. Breathe. That's all you have to do.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

cookiegal, sorry you are feeling low.  Chronic pain can wear you down.  I think most of understand that feeling of just wanting to be finished with the cancer, and all the physical and mental bi-products that come with it.

On the other hand...Girl!  It sounds like you had more going on this weekend, even with your impinged arm, than I had here with two working arms.  And since you threw out that teaser about your husband's prank, do we get to hear about that?

Good Luck with the therapy, I hope it does the trick.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

You're in my prayers Cookie.  Sounds so painful, I'm sorryFrown

NativeMainer - hope you're feeling less sore as the day goes on - sounds like you got some good natural Vitamin D!

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Hey Middle age Gals,,. Here's some picture of me & my Pink Outfit at Ky Oaks Friday April 30 "Pink Out day" ( day before the Ky Derby) Breast Cancer Survivor day. It was 136 th running of the Oaks & had 136 Breast cancer survivor  got to Parade around Churchill downs. I was so Honor & Held my Head up High for all you ,my Pink pals! It was a wondeful day & I meet several other Beautiful Breast  cancer Survivor.

Then I got home & had a message from my oncologist office to call them back  Monday. They would have to rain on my parade!  Maybe just more test results ?

Hope all of you are doing well. I was thinking of all of you when I walk in the parade  &  I am Praying for all & esp that everyone's appt & treatments go well this week.!

{{Hugs}} Gina   PS I started back On Tamoxifen Yesterday. I wanted wait til after the oaks parade, so my leg would not ache & No headaches. So we will see it was the side effect or if It was the infection . ( it was probally little bit of both)

<></t <><><</<><></t<><</t><</t