MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Tarry1
    Tarry1 Member Posts: 56

Thank you  so far nothing that I have tried is working, if I do find anything that helps I will certainly share that info

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

My oncologist told me to cut my nails to prevent unnecessary breakage and hangnails which could result in infection during chemo.  I kept them slightly less than the end of my fingers.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Leisa....My nails got stronger but still have those ridges.

My big toes almost came out but they grew normal no ridges

Herceptin did some numbers on them.

Good Night Ladies.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Ten day count-down to the first anniversary of the middies!!!!

Plan your party dresses now!

Get your cheeto recipes out of dry dock.

I've got the wine-in-a-box chilling...............................

xx00xx00xx00xx

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

Guess I have a ways to go...gettin Herceptin till June 2011...guess I better not plan on any good nails till sometime after that huh? Thanks gals (((hugs)))) to all that need it.

• Meece

I'm wearing a brown polka dotted sundress for the anniversary party.  Since I chose first, nobody copy please!

I'll be bringing a Cheetos Mac and Cheese casserole.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I would like to try an audiobook one of these days.  Never had a commute long enough to really merit one.  I like to do the actual reading but in the last couple years I have had to rely on reading glasses (and the Tamox. might be worsening that,) which in turn tire my eyes out, so maybe audiobooks are the way to go. 

Confession:  I am one of those people who has half a dozen books started at one time.

books graphic Pictures, Images and Photos

• Meece

I have a bunch of audio books on cassette, and a few on CD.  I no longer have a long drive to work.  I used to go 60 miles one way, five days a week.

• faithandfifty

Meece??

Was that the "Pretty Woman" dress that Julia Roberts made famous?

Do you have the original?

• Meece

Since this is a virtual party, it sure could be.  I have the gloves and hat to match. 

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

elimar-do you have a book in every room like I do?  One, sometimes 2 in the bedroom, 1 in the bathroom, one or two in the living room, at least one on the sun porch, always keep one in the car even when I have an audiobook going.   And yes, I CAN keep them all straight!

meece--Ok, I'm wearing the orange/red/yellow print skirt with a red shirt and bright yellow scarf!  

leisaparis--I'm sure it seems endless right now, but you will get through it!  What are you wearing to the party? 

smithime--maybe we should invite a few beauticians who can do all our nails for us for the party?  If someone started marketing to women getting chemo they would make a fortune in no time, I'll bet! 

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

I have a nice navy blue sundress...very light and airy...calf length with little white flowers all over it and flip flops....anything so I almost feel naked (such HOT flashes, still in chemo pause)

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

OH OH OH OH. I'm wearing the little number from the opening scene in Breakfast at Tiffanys complete with the rhinestone tiara oversize sunglasses and long black gloves. 

I'll bring a box of Merlot and a bag of Chex party mix. 

• faithandfifty

I had intended to wear my favorite black & white polka dot number with the amazing contrasting hot pink, but I can't seem to fin it anywhere???

Maybe I left it FL this winter???

If anyone has any clues, let me know.

It's my favorite!!

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Oh My Gosh Debbie, I Love it . My Daughter is aways dressing up her 4 legged brother !

Ok Gals, let me know the date & time & I will be raising my Glass of Wine & Have Cheetos in Honor of  our celebrations! I need to shop for a specail out fit! I  will wear myPink Ribbon Pin & Earrings too! Wow 1 year! How Specail is that!!!!

It is  good to read all your post & I am so Blessed to have all of you  as Great support group!

Sorry I haven't been on much! Our Dog Shelby is having good & Bad days with his cancer & I am taking care of him, like he took care of me with all my Surgery & treatments!

Thinking of all of you!  Have A Blessed week!

{{{{hugs}}}  Gina

• smithlme
    smithlme Member Posts: 383

I'll get some really long bright red press-on nails to wear with my red mini skirt and halter top. It's a virtual party so I can be the ravishing Lady in Red! Or hooker....I need some spice in my life. Of course I have no chest so at this party I have one and I'll go barefoot. I never had the guts to dress this way before cancer so I might as well now. A pitcher of strawberry margaritas and a picnic basket with...you guessed it...Cheetos!!!

• nativemainer

This is shaping up to be a GREAT party! 

Faith--maybe you need to check the back yard for your dress?  I saw something pink moving out there. . .

I think we need to hire a fashion photographer to catch out fashion-setting outfits at this party.  I'd love to see the pics on the fashion/society page of the papers the next day!  

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Elimar - I too have several books started but am unable to finish them until this dang degree is under my belt.  Can't wait to get my audiobooks this week.

Hope Shelby is as comfortable as possible Gina.

What a fun party this will be.  I plan to wear the red evening gown and jewelry from Pretty Woman.  Now, the only problem is I only have one boob so I may have to add a little lace to the neckline or I should say boobline.  I'll bring some chocolate and wine.  This will be great, I can also wear the dress two days later for my 31st anniversary with the BEST MAN in the world (arguably I'm sure).

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I plan on wearing what Raquel wore in 1 Million Years BC with a beautiful Bali silk caftan in browns to compliment the animal skins.  And in my virtual world, I'm gonna rock that outfit like none other!!!  So line up all your available single male friends in our age group!

I will bring triple chocolate threat brownie ice cream, vodka, soda water & cranberry juice cocktails, and I won't forget the cheetos.

• suzwes

Ok, I've been feeling soooo guilty about my love affair with wine.  I don't drink much but I like to have a glass or two most every day.  I feel guilty cause of the breast cancer and drinking and well, I just feel guilty.  So, I decided to look up what an average intake for a middle aged woman is.  We may have talked about this before but this article came up immediately so I thought I would share it.  This is my disclaimer, it is for entertainment only, I'm not saying that this article is medically valid.

Enjoy Middies, I know I'll enjoy my wine a lot from now on:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62759S20100308

• elimar

Chug-a-lug.  Maybe having a glass of wine takes off the stress, so there is less "stress eating."

• suzwes

I like that causal relationship Elimar.  Cheers (I'm toasting with a glass of Fish Eye Pinot Grigio)

• nativemainer

My kind of article!

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Wait a cotton pickin minute! If Eph get to wear that Rachel Welch number I want to change outfits mid party. I'm thinking Princess Leigha from Star Wars when she is a slave. (Fingers crossed that Harrison Ford will drop by) Innocent

Congratulations Suzette! He's sounds like a keeper. Hope you have something special planned. 

• Tarry1
    Tarry1 Member Posts: 56

When is this party? I need to plan what I'm going to wear I want to attend too.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

I haven't decided what to wear yet - typically, I'm experiencing Wardrobe Crisis, usually followed by Hair Trauma, but I'll come up with something. But I have decided on one thing: I'm sitting with Joni and her amazing treats/drinks!!!!!

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Eliimar - LOVE the "cooking and cleaning" item in the photo at the top! I have coasters that say "Housework may not kill you, but why take the chance?"

• elimar

Wow!  The thread anniversary is generating so much excitement that I might actually have to change out of my faded blue and orange (and the orange is "doodle dust") mu-mu, my usual thread reading attire, and get fancied up myself.  I'll have to virtual shop for something presentable.

Got side-tracked when my air conditioner conked out, but it should be fixed very soon.  The miracle is that it did NOT happen during the worst heatwave of the year...which describes every single time it has ever gone out in the past.  Sure, the hot flashes have been a little hotter, but nothing sitting three feet from the fan can't manage. The second miracle will be if I don't have to see the buttcrack of the repair guy.  I know that's a stereotype, but based on reality for sure.  If I had an appliance repairman in the family, he would get belts and suspenders both for the major gift giving holidays; shirts with long tails and tall-Ts as well.  (Sorry bro', I know you were hoping for some new golf balls, but I went with this pair of over-alls instead.  Happy Birthday!)

Also, moving other son (Thing 2) into dorm on Friday. After that, it's party time!  For me.  Probably him too.

• elimar
    Thank you for the positive feedback, Kleenex.  I have to tear myself away from the box of bon-bons to search out those appropriate, humorous, and/or visually stunning pics, you know. 
  • Meece

Well it looks as if this event will call for an Up-Doo.

I have J-Los green plunging neckline number for anyone who wants to  wear it to the party.  Green isn't my color.

I only wore it once, to parent teacher conferences a few years back.