MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
  • faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

I wasn't sure if we were declaring this an anniversary or a birthday.......

So I just went with the shorter, HAPPY DAY version.

It fit more concisely into the sand availabe.

• Meece
    Faith, you were the one who gave us the countdown to the anniversary!  Besides, it commemorates our joining together.  But, I really like your pictures. 
  • faithandfifty

Well I've been saving this one just for today.

Spotted it at the mall, earlier this summer & knew we'd need it for today.

So put in the reservation, way-back-when:

• Meece

Faith, my limo has been delayed in early morning Sunday traffic.  Could you swing by and pick me up?

• faithandfifty

And just in case there's someone not 'into' the pink-factor......

I have this guy on reserve as well.

So take your choice, but let's get this party rollin!!!!!

• faithandfifty

Which did you prefer Meecie?

The pink or the black.

I have them gassed and ready to roll.

Your choice.

• Meece

I am a pink girl all the way.  There will be a footman to make sure my feather boa doesn't get stuck in the door, won't there?

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

I am SO into the hound dog mobile! I think my dress will have to include a lot of stretch fabric - I've eaten three virtual plates of food already and the day is young...

• PatMom
    PatMom Member Posts: 322

I prefer pups to pink!  I've got the mini waffles topped with strawberries and chocolate all ready to go whenever the limo arrives.  I've also got some Cheese Doodles and champagne.

I'm wearing my little black dress first.  I'll slip into the Marilyn number a bit later, after the danger of getting covered in dog hair has passed.

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Quick change of plans. I knew I shouldn't have let Steven drive.

Could ya stop by and let me hitch a ride? 

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527
    food pix
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Morning!  I slept in a bit, then was busy setting up for the garden party.  Snapped a pic just before the first arrival.  Good thing I have a circular drive to easily accomodate those limos.  Anyway, as you see lots of yummy stuff has arrived to nosh on already...so welcome sisters.  Let's Party!

Mom & Dad's Anniversary Party Pictures, Images and Photos

• elimar

You won't have any trouble finding the place, just look for the FLOCK on the lawn as you pull up.

pink flamingo Pictures, Images and Photos

• PauldingMom

"Oh Elimar it looks divine! and the place looks great!  I'm afraid the Keg stand will have to wait till I switch outfits" 

• elimar
    OMG, Paulding, I hope no virtual horses were injured in that carriage crash!  S.T. knows how to rock, but apparently not how to reign in the ponies. 
  • elimar

Picked out my dress at the last minute, vintage early 60's Christian Dior.

dior dress Pictures, Images and Photos

I look better in greens and blues but I'm no fool...I knew I would need something that would be forgiving of all the "doodle dust."  You won't even notice it on this marvelous print!

• IsThisForReal
    IsThisForReal Member Posts: 154

Website for this image

acatinthekitchen.com

Size:800 × 534
    Type:188KB JPG

Mind if I tag along ladies?  I could bring a sandwich cake - mMMmm! 

• PauldingMom

The perfect time to change your avaitar Your picture looks perfect and your dress is perfect.

• elimar

Yes, my avatar is the real ME today, but only until Midnight, at which point I change back into a pink plush doggie...the representation of the "everywoman" who is vulnerable to the B/C Beast.  But you are right P-Mom, I had to have my actual head on there to make the dress work.

• elimar

Let me set out a few cool treats...

Dipped Fruit Pictures, Images and Photos    Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas Pictures, Images and Photos

Nothing says elegance like frozen bananas on a stick, right?

• elimar

I have a special treat being delivered later this afternoon, but right now let me go see how the house band is doing... 

Yeah, they're ready...

Squirrels Pictures, Images and Photos

What'ya expect for a house band at a garden party?  Plus, they work for peanuts.  (Oh, like I was supposed to park my lame-ness at the door just because we're having a special day...)  They take requests from all the decades, and we better make some requests quick.  Left on their own, it's all gonna sound like Anarchy In The U.K.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

Oh, my, I can't wait to pig out on all the goodie!  I want to ride in the hound dog limo--can I bring my dog along?  She part hound. . .

I've even painted my nails for the party--something I almost never do!

• elimar
    Your hound can come, but she has to have HER nails done as well.
  • elimar

I hope a couple of my girlfriends show up, 'cause we haven't been able to get together for a long time.  They are always working.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

OMG...Elimar I thought you were someone new. Thank You for sharing real you with us. Maybe I should change my avatar for the party but I don't have any close shots. Anyway...

Everything looks delicious. Last night I looked at the appetizers to share it with you ladies but I got so hungry I couldn't continue.

Wink

• elimar
    Seyla, just try to stick to the zero-calorie virtual food if you can.  I am going to be so guilty if I see a lot of weight gains on the E-LAB thread next week.  Maybe I better get a disclaimer on here..."not responsible for weight gain due to irresistible food pics."
  • elimar

Yay, my girls are here!!!!  

Edie (47) had her B/C back in 2003, when she was "Carmela Soprano."  You probably thought her character was supposed to be "nervous" on that show but she was waiting on biopsy and scan results just like we all had to do.

Sheryl (48) met The Beast back in 2006.  She had a lumpectomy and radiation, and was so thankful that she got to skip chemo, so her hair and extensions would not be falling out. This girl is fearless...her attitude was "screw cancer, I'm gonna adopt two boys and survive to see them grow up!"  Right on, girlfriend.  Sher's just-plain-folks. Her guitar is in the car and she do a few songs (unplugged) if we want her too.

Cynthia (44) got the bad news after a mammo in 2006.  We were talking about the irony of having "barely there" breasts to begin with, then growing B/C in what little we have.  Ridiculous!  She's the one who helped me pick out my dress for the party.

Heather Ericson- Cynthia Nixon Pictures, Images and Photos

Since we are "ish" on the age, I invited Elizabeth (61) too.  She got her initial Dx back in 2004, then a recurrence and mets were discovered in 2007.  Like that all wasn't bad enough, she also had to deal with that philandering a-hole of a husband and I'm glad she finally kicked him to the curb.  She was just looking for something to do on the weekend, so I invited her.  Don't worry, she's not gonna talk politics at the party either.  She's cool.  Get her a Mai-Tai.

• sheila888

I hope you can see the high calorie eggplant dish that I make every Xmas.

Enjoy it.Wink

• sheila888

This is what you get for almost 0 calorie