MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I'm sitting here cracking up & DD wants to know what's so funny!  Girls, I love you all-you know just how to lift my spirits just when I need it.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart! 

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Then, Eph, are you the taker for the J-Lo outfit?  I was reading about all of the outfits and laughing out loud, too.  DH Asked me if I was laughing at what was on TV, and I didn't even realize the tv was on.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Ooo Ooo, green IS my colour!! Let me wear it...but what am I supposed to do with all the excess fabric in the chest area....make pockets? Undecided
  • Meece

Barbe, you can use the glue like J-lo did and stick it to your chest.  Now, since Eph has first option, you will have to duke it out with her.  Just let me know who I send it to.

• barbe1958

Eph didn't say she wanted it...I DID!!!!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

So, I suppose I'd best make my hair appointment for my updo along with my manicure, pedicure, facial and make-up appointment to go with my red evening gown.  This party sounds so awesome!

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Hi everyone, been out of the loop awhile, canning up a storm and enjoying the great summer weather and air conditioning when needed!  Party sounds great I will have to browse around for suitable attire, now where are those fig leaves, I actually have some on my fig tree but I need them to be a LOT BIGGER!!!  Thanks Suz I can now make my wine and enjoy!!  Grapes are looking good, last years Apricot and Currant are really good.  I too am having nail issues brittle, lines and did not have Chemo, but am on Tamoxifien.  Is anyone else having very painful leg cramps, I get them sparodically but my calf will hurt all the next day when I get them 2-3 times a month, both legs.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

I was having some really bad leg cramps at night. Horrible charlie horses. I would have to get out off bed and walk them off. My step dad (who has lung cancer) was also having them. His dr. had him drink TONIC WATER WITH QUININE. 8oz. 1-2 times a day and before bed. He said it helped him. So I tried it. Worked for me too. I found it at Wal-Mart in the water section. Just got the plain label brand. You can buy it in the 2 liter bottle or a 6pk. sz. I got the 6pk. so I could take some to work with me easier for me to carry. Hope this helps. Leisa

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hey ladies, i just cant even get out of bed yet, but im sooo looking forward to this party.. it wont take any of my limited energy, since its virtual..which means, you wont have to worry, barbe..the tape will work fine , and your virtual breasts will be just as you want them to be. im a pantsuit girl, so im wearing a coral and tuquise mix blouse, coral pants and jacket; and lots of jay king turquise jewelry..( i actually DO have everything but the jewelry, which i love, but so cant safford) so, im all set, ready to go!! on a note, all of pray with me: im still sick from having mrsa and hospital visit for iv antibiotics, my BEST buddy is turning 3 tommorow, and im praying for the strength to go to his party (in real time, not virtual..) im going no matter what, pray for me to havetrength to hold up. there's nothing more imp. to me in my life, not even DH, but dont tell him..thank you. i know you all have my back...light and love, 3jaysmom

• barbe1958

Just came on to tell y'all I'm having a bag of Cheetos at my desk at work!! hehehehe

Biggest of hugs for you 3jays, you'll get to that party on the strength of our love for you!!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

Hmmm.  I could wear something like J Lo's plunging neckline (pubic line?) dress and show off my new boobs, complete with scars!   The color difference between the flaps and the original skin is rather remarkable, makes the scars stand out more. Almost looks like I'm wearing a white string bikini top!  Would make for a very interesting effect! 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Barbe has dibs on the J Lo dress-not my color anyway, but thanks.  I'll stick with the Raquel garb!

Headed to the beach for a few days tomorrow.  leaving around noon.  Will check back in either late Sunday or on Monday!  Have a great weekend everyone! 

• Meece

Okay, Barbe, I'll ship it out tomorrow.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

leisaparis, you will have to bring that tonic to the virtual bash...in case anyone gets a leg cramp that day, or brings some virtual gin.

Barbe, like the new avatar pic.  Looks like you are wearing (cookiegal's?) coral blazer too  Or is that "tangerine?"

I've found a band for the party...and it's on Sunday, so try to make it EPH3.

• 3jaysmom

thanks, barbe1968..im counting on that.. bought my granddaughter a tuu tuu and a headband for the part tommmorow night.im going to try to learn how to get my pics on this..then, you'll All be in trouble. i have so enjoyed some of the flowers, and the hummingbird was gorgeous!!glad you won the raffle for te j-lo dress!!light and love, 3jaysmom

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

You guys normally crack me up, but being on this new meds. You guys REALLY crack me up.

Have a save and fun trip Eph 

• barbe1958
    We're ALWAYS on trips......Tongue out
  • Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

PauldingMom - you're on a new med that makes life funnier? Do tell...

Love the J-Lo dress, but my muffin top pouching out of the lower foot of the "neckline" kinda ruins the effect. I need something that conceals my corrective underwear more effectively...

Joni - have a great time at the beach!

• 3jaysmom

hey kleenex, i thought this was a virtual party, where breasts are freindly, and intact, and no muffin tops to screw dresses up! i even considered a euu tuu with my grandaughter, but passed....light and love,   3jaysmom

• Meece

Does this mean the bikini top I made out of egg shells and shoe laces will be recalled, too?

• nativemainer

Oh, my what a picture I've got in my mind right now! 

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Either them are some really small boobies Meece or some really big eggs!

Have mercy! I've been on muscle relaxers, Vicodin and sleeping pills. I cut out the sleeping pills because I couldn't remember what happened in the morning. I'm such a light weight. MY GF called and I have no memory of it what so ever.

Today, I am only on the anti inflamatory and much more alert.

Hope ya all have a great weekend.

What is the official date of the Anniversary Party? Gotta get my carriage cleaned up and find a couple of handsome footmen to assist me in my entrance. I was thinking perhaps Rod Stewart and Anderson CooperTongue out. And for my coach men......Steve Tyler and Jon Bon Jovi 

• Meece

Oh, They cover just enough..., but then it wasn't for me.  I made mine from ostrich eggs.

I like the carriage idea.  I will just have one on standby for the next few weeks.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Paulding, The thread began on Aug.22, 2009, in the wee hours of the morning (see top post) and as far as the Anniversary Party on Sunday goes, what I gather so far is that some have picked out sundresses and some are wearing Versace.  I had in mind a casual garden party, but as the day wears on, we may move indoors and segue right into a glamorous dance cotillion.  

Now sisters, don't make me work my fingers to their virtual bones.  It's way too hot to bake (even tho' it is virtual baking)  but do try to show up at the garden party with a dish to share.  Finger food is good.  Anything really, and all the foods will be zero-calorie, of course!   I'll be pretty busy that morning decorating the garden and making it look festive, so we should be ready to go by noon.  Then, open house...drop by anytime.

• nativemainer

OK, I'll bring some bottles of the strawberry reisling and pinepple wines I've made, and a big tray of crab tartlets.  Or maybe lobster, depends on whose boat I get to first. 

• Meece

Mmm.  my mind is racing about the food.  Although it is not finger food, I make a mean tiramisu.  Maybe I could make itty-bitty ones that would hold together in your fingers.

Went on EBay this morning.  Bought the entire collection of "Ginger's" dresses from Gilligan's Island.  Anyone wishing to wear one to the party, just let me know.  Plenty to go around.  After all she packed well for that three hour tour.

I am not sure now if I wear the Pretty Woman polka Dots, or marilyn's famous white dress (If so, I will just stay away from sidewalk ventilation grates.)  Oh, Heck I will just change at some point during the party.  Why force me to choose?

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Oh wonderful, wonder!!

The plans are all shaping up!

I think that we should all change several times thru the day.

What with Ginger's entire wardrobe. Maybe we can make a last minute bid on the Cher collection and bounce back and forth at intermission.

Surely the virtual man will be making an appearance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx00xx00xx

• Meece

I always wanted to wear Cher's "Half Breed" costume. 

• 3jaysmom

i always loved that one myself, meece..sometimes to tease myself, i watch QVC when BobMackie is on..not as dramatic as chers' stuff, but really pretty. i confess, i have a couple of his shirts..im not a dress girl so, im safe mostly.. light and love, 3jaysmom