MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

ooohhh...can I come to the party?  I'll bring lots of these ... my favs

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

marleg--of course you can come!  Gald to have you.  Looks like we are all going to be changing outfits several times during the party so we can enjoy changing out minds!

• PatMom
    PatMom Member Posts: 322

I definitely have dibs on the Marilyn dress!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

PatMom, I guess we will have to coordinate who is wearing what at which time.  It would be bad if one of us didn't have anything to wear at some point.

Elimar, do you need any help getting ready today?  I can virtually help, AND get my own chores completed.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must go ride my bike around the entire peninsula if we're gonna have this many yummy eats & drinks. Somebody better be baking plenty of ooie-gooie cookies, for our Cookie-gal.

xx00xx00xx00xx00xx

• Meece

I have a recipe for a bar cookie that fits the bill, oatmeal and other stuff drizzled with orange flavored chocolate.

We should have some of our favorite music artist donate their time to play at our gala.

• sewenfx
    sewenfx Member Posts: 1

THIS A SITE WHERE YOU CAN CONTROL MESOTHELIOMA CANCER ...www.fightmesotheliomacancer.blogspot.com

• Meece

Is there a correlation between BC and Mesothelioma?  I thought it was from exposure to asbestos. 

The way the party plans are going, I might have to have an anniversary party for my first year hear at BC.org, next month.  I think it is good for our spirits.  Speaking of which... we need to have an open bar with foo-foo drinks.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

For the band, Nickelback? Bon Jovi? What'd'all think???? I like in cartoons when they make a boo boo and the character walks right out of their clothes! ehhehehehehehe

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Yes Meece, I could use the help.  Since you mentioned it, we need to have the virtual fixings to make fabulous exotic drinks...so, if you don't mind, please take charge of that.  Of course it's open bar!  Remember, we still need wine in a box (just because) and some non-alcohol versions, but other than that, get us some really potent, really umbrella garnished, flaming tiki, swizzles-gone-wild ones.  Thanks!!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

We'll have a house band, of course; but it's a long day and we could easily have several guest appearances.  If you can arrange for your fave band to stop by, that's cool.  Just keep it on the DL.  I have a nice-sized virtual backyard, but definitely not Woodstock proportions.  And don't worry if your fave band likes to crank it to 11, my virtual neighbors won't mind if we decide to rock out.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

hi all...Faith thanks for the cookie-lovin shout out.

I have been staying in the only chain hotel in America where they actually go get fresh donuts at 5 am. None of those stale boxed things. So every morning I do the battle of the donuts.

I WENT SWIMMING IN A DUMPSTER ON PARK AVENUE

! This is a special NYC thing where they shut down the avenue for biking and so forth, and they have these three tiny pools made of dumpsters. I said this is my crazy, I had cancer, WTF moment. I had to get up early and stand in line but it was epic.

Hope all are well...hugs and cheeze doodles to all!

• barbe1958

Cookie, it wasn't REAL dumpster diving...right? It was a "set up"...right? Say yes....now.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

They are real dumpsters, but they are turned into three tiny swimming pools. It's part of the summer streets project.Will look for picture.

• barbe1958

New dumpsters...right. Clean ones...right? I mean we see the bad ones on Fear Factor with pig guts and snake blood where they have to dive for quarters or something....

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I saw those on a tele report here in Aus................I thought it was an awsome idea!  and a whole lot of fun to boot!

• nativemainer

LOL!  A whole new twist on Dumpster Diving! 

I can bring some of the staff from the Hot Tatties Lounge over to manage the drinks.  They can make any drink you can name or think up, all calorie and hangover free!  I'll even let them bring over the raspberry martini fountain! 

• chrissyb

mmmmmmmm rasberry martini fountain.........oh boy I think I just might hang around for a while....

• nativemainer

chrisyb--you're also welcome on the drinking thread where the rasbetinni fountain runs full time!  So is everyone else!

• chrissyb

now that sounds reaaaal good!  see you there!

• faithandfifty

Cookie. Thanks so much for the link to the dumpster diving.

I can exhale now. LOL.

Is there a pic of our Cookie, diving??

Speaking of great links, everyone.

I saw this over at LOOOOOP!!!!

They are gonna film a new pink-glove extravaganza in New York Times Square.

Cookie, tell us you're gonna be there in person to represent us!!!!!!!

http://joinourloop.blogspot.com/2010/08/pink-glove-dance-video-in-times-square.html

• faithandfifty

Just dropping off a few h'ors d'oeuvres:

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

surprise, surprise ... here's what I bring to the party!!!

Click here for a larger view.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Guacamole

• Meece

I got the stuff for some "baby makers"  Mmmmmmmmmmm

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Chocolate Covered Strawberries!

chocolate covered strawberries, cookies, breast cancer

Pink Ribbon Cupcakes, Cookies!

pink ribbon cupcakes, cookies, candied nuts

Pumpkin Roll, Pink Ribbon Cake!

pumpkin roll, pink ribbon cake

Ok I been cooking all day for Our Big 1 year Party! Hope you enjoy!

Happy 1st Birthday to" Middle Agged Women" ! WooWoo

Love you all!

Birhtday {{{hugs}}} to all!

PS. Sorry I didn't really cook it all ( The best thing I make is reservation & But I did alot of searching  for the pictures & do know how to copy & paste , Hope that counts for something)

Let celebrate 1 year!!!!!!!    OXXOXOXOOX

• nativemainer

Oh, my all this looks to pretty to eat!  Going to need to get some extra exercise after this party, I can see already!

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

I just talked to Jon and Rod and after they are finished with there duties as my coachmen they would be happy to rock out for us. Steven Tyler (he hates it when I call him Steve) has a previous engagement with American Idol:( but I think I can talk him into quick performance. 

I've got to go get some more truffles for my party platter. Stop by for a quick mani-pedi and waxing and a change into my first outfit.  Oh Dear, Rodney was singing to the 6 white horses I was going to use tonight. He's worked them up to a hot lather. They are going to have to be walked for at least a half hour. I do so hope Anderson gets here soon and gets Rodney in line!

"No Steven, you can not wear THAT to the party."  Oh the trouble I get myself into! 

• Meece

You've got your hands full, PM!  I have the bar set up, lots of frilly stuff to garnish the drinks with, plenty of everything.  None of it will affect us too adversely, so it's all you can drink.

I've had my pedi and manicures, a two hour long full body massage by Hans, my facial, and am in outfit number one.  Al my jewelry today has been provided by Tiffany's (I promised I would mention that) So, I am ready to go as soon as the limo gets here.  See you soon...