MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• CherylQ
    CherylQ Member Posts: 42

Hi Meece, I will be there with you in spirit!

Kleenex, so what if they don't want mutliple messages.  Tough!  And remember most of the staff do not have nursing degrees, they just call themselves nurses and they are young.  So do what you have too.  And if the onc dr get upset tell him this is your body and your life, and you have the right to facts over your situation.  If he is a ass//h....., get your records and go to another onc dr, or check out clinical trials near you.

Hugs!!

Cheryl

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Well I started on Page 3 and there are alot of ladies MIA. Guess they have moved on. That picture is hilarious and I don't miss those big ugly frames when I look back on pictures I just laugh at myself my glasses are bigger than my head LOL! I wear one contact for seeing far away and another for up close and now on the AI's my eyes are dry so I can't sleep in them anymore.Shhh don't tell on me but just a note about the weather NYC is under a Tornado Watch. Now being from the midwest I am able to fly in my house or on my broom without incident but I worry about the natives because they are inexperinced!

Have a good evening everyone!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Busted! 

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Uh Oh the weather policewoman just busted me LOL!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477
    Hey OG56 I moved from Long Island to KC and people there asked me if I was afraid of tornados lol. 
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

She's a tough one.

Well Cheryl, you gave me courage and I went to my appointment.  I was to see only the NP as the Onc had a meeting.  I got there 45 minutes early.  We left two hours early because we expected traffic.  I signed in and waited.  They took me in about 9:05 for my 9:15 appointment.  Got the vitals done, waited about 10 minutes max, and the NP came in.  We talked about all my questions (the ones I remembered to write down) for about 35-45 minutes.As I was getting my blood drawn, my onc walked in and did a short exam and talked to me.  I got medical "attention" for nearly an hour!  

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Meece. You deserve all the attention in the world.

Just reporting that we leave in the morning for Denver & then off up into the mountains. It's time to hug our other 3 grand-kids, these are boys & they are ALL BOY!

Just don't want anyone to be concerned when I go silent for a while.

We page one girls need to take our responsibilities earnestly.

xx00xx00xx00xx00xx

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Thanks, Faithy.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

OK. So Delta cancelled our early morning flight.

That gave me time to search for an appropriate "beach" picture for my beachie-friends. After I dug around in my Picassa files I found one appropriate for a Friday.

Yes, I personally saw this viasta AND took this picture.

It transports me back to Aruba in a heart-beat. I think it's acceptable to re-post it here for our middie "welcome-to-the-weekend" sigh:

Run your toes in the sand & pretend that our perfect-man-assembled-by-committee sits in the other chair. ENJOY!!!!

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Woo-hoo! Those of us slackers who didn't join in until page 4 or 5 are carefree, with no responsibility to The Thread!

Okay, that's a lie. I get jumpy if I don't check it every few days for my Cheeto fix...

• elimar
    Faith, have a great time with the grandsons.  Hope you will treat us to a pic of two of Rocky Mtn. vistas when you get back.
  • PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Sounds like it should be a nice visit Faith. Everyone have a great weekend. School is closed next week so I have a whole 10 days off, well sort of. 

• theresap60
    theresap60 Member Posts: 849

Faith - perfect picture!  I'm having a hot flash, so I feel like I'm really there! :-)

My daughter gave me two grandsons - 4 and 7.  Boys, boys, boys all the way.  My son just got married last year, so we might be getting more grandchildren in the next year or so!!!

-Theresa

• gingersfavorite1
    gingersfavorite1 Member Posts: 134

have any of you used Replens for vaginal dryness?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi gals, grandsons are the best, I have four so I should know.  I'm heading off to do some house and animal sitting on Kangaroo Island at the end of the month and I'm taking the eldest two grandsons with me for a week of the three I will be there.  A nice little break for me and a week with the boys to keep me laughing.  I can also get in some photography while I'm there.

Peace, strength, love n hugs.  chrissy

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

omg gingers ! i didnt know if the natural als were working, but they sure are..not a drop in site. i find replens helps, but is so expensive.. use generis anything..3jays

• elimar

You proud grannies out there seem to be having a lot of fun.  It'll be a while (finger crossed) before I get to hug any grandkids, and I'm not really in a hurry for my kids to become daddies (or baby-daddies) until they are out of school.  Until then, I can only imagine the cuteness...

Cheetos won this round...lol Pictures, Images and Photos

(It's o.k., don't call CPS, this toddler did consume a well balanced meal consisting of the other food groups before devouring what looks to be a whole bag of Cheetos!  He might have a mild Cheetos hangover when he wakes up and need a few "hairs of the orange dog," so good thing there are a few remaining curls.)

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

This gives me an idea. I've been taking melatonin to help me sleep - maybe there's ANOTHER product out there that could meet more of my needs! A bag of Cheetos before bedtime to give me a nice cheezy crunch fix, followed by what looks to be extreme relaxation. I'd even be willing to wear the diaper, since it looks like it's a REALLY deep sleep...

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Too, too cute both the picture & caption & the subsequent post by Kleenex.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

I am imagining myself sitting on the beach with the Perfect Man as made by Committee in the other chair, a huge bowl of Cheetos and a lovely adult beverage with an umbrella in it on between us. . .

Now THAT triggered quite a hot flash!  

• eph3_12

Do you see me just down the way NM, with Perfect Man's perfect twin?  I'm waving!

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

We live in a small town. This guy lost his license, but it didn't slow him down. He rode his horse to get his handle of Vodka. Cool This was taken about an hour ago. 

• elimar

Haha!  Seriously?  I hope the horse stays sober,

• GoogsMN
    GoogsMN Member Posts: 12

Hey all - I am new to this thread, althought not new to bc.  Diagnosed in November '09 (stage 1) no lymph nodes, two surgeries, two chemo's (A/C & Taxol, still on Herceptin) and 30 radiations later, here I am.  I'm 44, and this came completely out of the blue!  Hasn't been as bad as I thought it could be, but I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone.  Feeling pretty good, it seems as though many people don't even realize because I don't look that different except for my wig!  It's been a long journey though, and I'm hoping it's about done for a while. 

• eph3_12

GoogsMN-you are in the right place.  Do you like Cheetos?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi Googs and welcome to the boards.  You will find a great deal of fun, laughter and support.  There are many ears that listen and shoulders that are strong for you to lean on when you need them.  You have just joined a huge family!

Peace, strength, love n hugs.   chrissyb

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    ginger I've used replens and liked it okay, but I like LiquiBeads better ... not as much (sorry to be gross) discharge right after inserting
  • marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

googs, hang on...its a bumpy ride, but sooo worth coming in to this site!!  nice to meet you

• Mary-Lou
    Mary-Lou Member Posts: 630
    Mariegal, I just left you a privet message. How funny is that.....
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,900

I do like Cheetos, even more than I like the Perfect Man, but not as much as I like a good drink!