MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• gingersfavorite1
    gingersfavorite1 Member Posts: 134
    3jaysmom and Mary,  thank you for your reply!   Oftentimes I will try generic of things - just hadn't done so with Replens    (actually just bought my first box this week).    It is good to know that other brands can improve the condition and not compromise my wallet.     This may be the worst SE I've had yet and appreciate you sharing your knowledge and feedback. 
  • OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Stephanie, my onc and BS okayed VagiFem for the desert, because longitudinal studies have showed no elevation of estradiol levels, so you can ask your Onc.

All of you Grandma's out there will have to tell me how do you entertain little boys? We only do girls in my family and the first boy is on his way.

In the meantime I better get my time in at the beach with our Virtual man, he has been begging me to meet him, and he has a very large Pina Colada waiting too!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

OG, was reading your post and getting psyched about Virtual man, and that he has a very large ... oh crap - just a pina colada??   Ha!!  I was at my brother's house at Long Beach Island, NJ this weekend with my 3 brothers, their wives, and my hub.  Gorgeous beach day yesterday, and you can see from this pic ... hope you all had a good weekend or if not, that your week ahead is better for you ... hugs to you all

• GoogsMN
    GoogsMN Member Posts: 12
    Hmmm...I can't really admit to liking Cheetos, sorry!  Foot in mouth  How about kettle cooked salt & pepper chips, does that count?  I can eat a bag in one sitting, which is why they are banned from my house. 
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

marlegal:hehehehehe

edited to add: E-LOVE the peacock feathers.  My 2nd tattoo is a large tat on the outside of my right thigh of a peacock.  It's the tattoo artist's original work & he won awards with it (not with my tattoo but the drawing itself) 

• raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553
    We don't have Cheetos here Frown  We do have Cheezels which are round corn type snacks with an orange cheesy coating and we have Twisties which look like shorter versions of your Cheetos, do those count Joni?.   
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Eph, I had a pair of peacock feather earrings back in the 70's and I loved the color of them...that is what started me liking peacocks.  In real life they seem a little screechy and crazy, but not really aggressive.  I don't like geese.  They'll beat you senseless with their wings for a peanut.  I'm sure you've heard the phrase, "Honk if you love Cheetos!"  Well, the saying originated with geese and they want the whole bag.  You can imagine my horror!
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

welcome googs. i don't do chetoos much, make me soo thirsty. but enjoy the ones i do eat.. the baby who passed out with them was hilarious.. chemo brain, cant ren=member who posted it; but loved it   light and love 3jays

• elimar
    raeinnz, Thanks you for drawing our attention to the lack of Cheetos there.  The U.S. is pretty good about their humanitarian efforts to other countries, but they never really addressed the worldwide Cheetos shortage.  I'm not joking.  Did you know they are clamoring for Cheetos in England, the real Cheetos, not those U.K. knock-offs, the pale orange anemic-looking "Wotsits," (although their Wotsits do come in a very alluring "prawn flavor" also.)  Anyway, I don't see why we can't hold some kind of Live-Aid type thing and get some Cheetos sent to New Zealand, but we have to do a couple sub-saharan African nations first. 
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I'll bet Bono would volunteer to be celebrity spokesperson!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Thanks, you guys, for making me laugh! I love Cheetos, I just stay away from them. To be honest, can't stand the way they get stuck in my teeth, the puffy ones anyway! I could eat a whole bag of them if I got started.  Tongue out
  • raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553

Lol elimar - we have only 4.5 million population so it wouldn't need to be a very big Cheeto-Aid to give us all a packet.  Could the US keep up with demand if NZ embraced the Cheeto instead of the Twistie though?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Here in Aus, we have both twisties and cheetos........oooooooooooo lucky us!!!!!!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Rae, you think you wouldn't need a very big Cheeto-Aid, but what percentage of your population are middle aged women?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Watch out Rae! They'll get you hooked with a "free" sample and then ram you for full market value on the refills!!!!!

• elimar

Hello to GoogMN!  We have all shared your feelings and your struggle.  Sounds like you made it through the active treatments the best you could, which is all anyone can hope for.  You are so right that once you show no outward sign of B/C, other people tend to forget the whole ordeal---but it's not like we can ever really forget.  Are you on any type of hormonal drug?

If the topic was heavily laced with Cheetos this weekend, it's just because we all got to relax for a minute.  Not too many are having treatment at the moment, nobody had a follow-up exam coming up or a mysterious lump or pain.  It's good to relax, and bide our time, until someone is in need of information or support.  

That's why I say to all Newbies:  Never feel like you can't jump in on this thread, even if we are on a Cheetos tangent.  If you have a question, concern, or general freak-out we are here to help and understand. 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I second what Elimar said...lol

love n hugs  chrissy

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392

Welcome Googs!  I too am not a huge crazy cheetos fan. Yes I like them, so stop throwing those stones!!!! If you are going to throw something throw peanut M&M;s. I've been known to eat a 2lb bag in one sitting. OMG! 

Elimar, your the best!  and she throws the best parties.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Just have to add - Valjean - you don't have to use your teeth to enjoy a puffy (baked to a delicate crunch) Cheeto. You just press it against the roof of your mouth with your tongue and it sort of collapes and then melts. Oh, sure, it's probably a bit too sensual of an activity for a Cheeto, and eventually the roof of your mouth will get irritated, but it's fun while it lasts and it makes the Cheetos last, as well...

Caution: this technique is inappropriate with those "crackly crunch" Cheetos, ESPECIALLY the "Flamin' Hot" ones, which are a bad idea all around.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682

Thanks for the Cheetos laugh, it really helped this morning.  Kleenex, that is the way I eat cheetos and it is great.

Googs, welcome to the site. 

(((((Hugs and Prayers)))))

• bluegems
    bluegems Member Posts: 507

Paulding, I love the almond M&M's. I try to convince myself they're healthier!Tongue out Now when they come out with a dark chocolate almond M&M, there won't be enough exercise in the world to overcome them!

• Fearless_One
    Fearless_One Member Posts: 905

Yes, it is a tough time of life - like you said, not able to retire yet and had to work FT through chemo.   BUT I am grateful that my youth enabled me to endure treatment more easily, I think. 

• elimar

Fearless_One, I say welcome to you!  You come on this middle-aged thread, and say you are grateful for your youth...Sister, I can see your glass is optimistically always going to be half full!  I am wondering something (which you may or may not know the answer to.)  You are only on your 19 (as I write this) post and yet you have written more than the usual "Newbie allotment" of five posts a day.  How can that be? 

Normally, it is not until a new member reaches 50 posts without being a purveyor of spam or social irritant that they can post unlimited comments in one day.  Did the rules change when I was not looking?

• Meece

Rae, I would fly a supply over to you in my airplane, but...

Photobucket

• Meece
    it seems there might be some flight restrictions in place right now. I stopped by this mini-market Saturday.  It must have been right after the crash.Photobucket
  • Meece

Photobucket

Once inside I saw dozens of aliens trying to take goodies back to their spaceship.  The alien swere all male becaus ethere was not one of them trying to get the Cheetos. (I am sure the clerks are used to people coming in with their cameras, but I felt funny.)

• Meece

I didn't take this one, but someone else was documenting the invasion, too.

• GoogsMN
    GoogsMN Member Posts: 12

Thanks elimar and PauldingMom!  I am on Herceptin maintenance every three weeks until November and then I am DONE.  Then I'm scheduling this port to come out and possibly having a wig burning party after that.  :)    

I guess I should be happy that many people have "forgotten" because it seems I didn't come out of it too badly.  I am pretty lucky: no physical effects to speak of, no weight gain (or at least not yet), hair is coming in nicely, my energy levels are finally getting back to what they were pre-treatment, which started in January.       

• elimar

I know the temptation to BURN that wig, but as an alternative, maybe you can donate it for use by another chemo sister?

I love aliens!  Especially since they don't seem that interested in beaming up the Cheetos (more for me!)  That looks great, the crash inside the store.  Where is that store, Meece

• Meece

It's in Lathrop, CA.  You also can Google more pics.  I really felt self conscious with my cell phone taking pics.  I have seen if from the outside for years, and this time I convinced Dh to stop and get gas there.