MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Has anyone else seen the "Chester's \" Line of hot Cheetoes?  I thought the flamin' hot ones were just the same.  Are they?  I mean aren't Cheetos Puffed Corn?

• raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553

lol Mary - just as well the vending machines only carry small bags!!  I have trouble with my will power since dx too.  Used to be able to resist food no problem but now I think "what the heck" far to often.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

marlegal, resistance is futile.  It's o.k. to indulge your Cheetos craving once in a while.

hysterical Pictures, Images and Photos

Hyuk, hyuk, hyuk!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Elimar-you SLAY me!!!
  • elimar

meece, those look heavenly.  I wonder if they are lower in calories than Cheetos (and they might be a little healthier 'cause they are baked.  (I know regular Cheetos has a baked curl, but I always go for the "quick fried to a crackly crunch" ones.  I will have to try those if store has them.)

I think even the non-cat lovers on here can make the exception for the Big Cat:  Chester!!!

• Meece

I saw them for the first time this past Saturday at a mini-market.  We'll have to develop a review team.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

I am SO volunteering for the review team! Right up my alley. My cheese-coated alley.

Frito Pie might be the state snack of Texas...

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477

elimar do I detect a trek fan? resistance is futile? lol I feel part borg with this port in me.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

And, the best thing about that adorable Big Cat, Chester, is that he does not shed !!!!  Wink

Munch, munch! Oops, got some cheese on the keyboard. Darn it!

• elimar

Carrol2, My frames of reference often come from non-Earthly things (and yes, I may have watched an season or seven of Star Trek:TNG.)  I'm sure that having a Borg-port in right now lets you tap into the collective mind so that you already know that.

P-Mom, I am having sympathy back pains right along with you.  (Not exactly, I have been moving furniture around quite a bit as I reclaim a bedroom now vacated by older boy.)   I don't need an epidural* like you are getting, but a massage on Weds. might be just what I need.  Hope the nerve block puts an end to all those ER visits, you poor thing!  

(*only needed those whilst birthing my two hellions.)

• Meece

I went natural with all my birthing experiences, so I have no experience with epidurals, other than I really would have liked to have the option. 

If you are in so much pain, i can imagine you wouldn't want anyone kneading your back no matter how good the masseuse, however, wasn't pain free massage one of the attributes of Girard?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Had two of my kids natural but the third was emergency C section.  I had the epidural when I had my knees arthroscoped so I could watch what the surgeon was doing.....oh what fun, no pain and an interesting show on the tele....lol.

• raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553
    I had epidurals with both my pregnancies and they were sanity savers.  My twin labour was induced because I was 3 days overdue Surprised ( I was huge - couldn't drive because I couldn't reach the pedals if the seat was far enough back to fit my belly in) and the back pain was unbelievable - later had an emergency C section so it was good the epidural was in place to save having a GA.  Awake the whole time and no pain.  Epidural and C section for my second pregnancy too although it started naturally.  Both babies turned posterior at the last moment hence the agonising back pain - very annoying.  
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Raeinnz The book is just as good as the pillars, but very long I am still not quite finished it. Our novels here are usually more expensive but I bought this one at Costco. Marle welcome to the cheetos club.The mexican cheetos have chilie powder added.Yum.

• Meece

I have a mystery.

Beginning yesterday, I started getting emails any time someone made a post on this thread. This is the only thread I get the email notifications for.  I have searched for something I may have hit yesterday morning to start this ball rolling, but am stumped.You can imagine how fast my in box could fill up.  Does anyone know what I did?

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Meece, under your favorite topics, there is an on/off switch that says add email notification. This is on the far left under the topic.

• PauldingMom
    PauldingMom Member Posts: 392
    I just can not wait until tomorrow.   I had three natural child births and although painful at least you get a sweet baby in the end. This back/leg pain is so constant it's really wearing on our nerves. 
    I need me some CHEETOOS but I can't drive:( any one want to Fed Ex me a bag??
  • elimar

Take two (snack bags) Cheetos and call me in the morning.  Dr's orders...Dr. Pepper, that is.

• Meece

Thanks Barbara, I was looking in preferences and elsewhere.  I must have hit that when I was trying to open the thread.  You can imagine what my inbox looked like last night!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Good luck tomorrow Paulding.  I hope you get some relief.  Elimar, do you think the two cheetos will help with my UTI?  I have the first one I've ever had and it's not fun.  Maybe I'll try the cheetos remedy along with all of the cranberry juice, orange juice and water I've been drinking!

There was no epidural option with my first three babies (in 1980, 82 and 84) but by 1991, for number 4 they had that option.  It was wonderful!!!  Long live the epidural.

• suzwes

Good luck tomorrow Paulding.  I hope you get some relief.  Elimar, do you think the two cheetos will help with my UTI?  I have the first one I've ever had and it's not fun.  Maybe I'll try the cheetos remedy along with all of the cranberry juice, orange juice and water I've been drinking!

There was no epidural option with my first three babies (in 1980, 82 and 84) but by 1991, for number 4 they had that option.  It was wonderful!!!  Long live the epidural.

• elimar

suzwes, the cranberry juice might do the trick.  Don't drink O.J....it's irritating.  Also, get some Azo Standard from a drug store.  It relieves the discomfort of a UTI and turns your pee a lovely rusty orange.  BUT, if you try that for a couple days and it's still irritating you (while not taking Azo) then you might have to do a round of antibiotics. 

You can take two Cheetos, but only as a comfort food for this.  

• suzwes

Thanks Elimar.  I have both AZO standard and AZO cranberry.  My PA told me to do the OJ too cause the acidity may help get rid of the bug - and also to take Vit C.  So far so good.  I remembered the orange pee from when I did clinical nursing so that was good because if I hadn't remembered I would have feaked!!  So happy pyridium is OTC.   Actually, I'll probably avoid the cheetos cause I'm having too many calories from the juice!  Oh well, the UTI is about the least of my problems in the last few years!

Thanks for the advice Dr. Elimar Pepper, it is appreciated! Laughing

• Meece

There is also an OT product called Cystex, which helps.  Never fails the UTI come on late on Friday evenings and you have to go through the weekend feeling miserable.

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 185

hi helena 67, I too was diagnosed at 42 and I know the feelings you are having, But I,m here to tell you that you can make it through this journey, I did and so many others here, I am 16 yrs cancer free(Praise the Lord) , so continue to come here we are here for you.  msphil

• suzwes

Thanks Meece, I'll look for that product.  Between you and Elimar I should be able to avoid a dr. visit and antibiotics altogether.  Although I promise both of you that if it doesn't go away in a couple of days I'll go in!  Not always a good idea to self treat but after all of my other appointments (as you all know) I avoid going in to the dr. as much as possible.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

If you really think it's a UTI and you're not getting relief, don't wait to go in. Those things can progress to kidney infections if left untreated - had a friend who had that happen when she was "self-treating," and it was a bigger mess and more uncomfortable and more expensive than if she'd just gone in and gotten a cheap medication when first she sensed it was a UTI.

• Carrol2

I agree with kleenex. I was told that those infections do not go away by themselves.

• elimar

I've had it go both ways...several times had mild cases where I flushed the UT irritation away with cranberry juice (using the Azo for two days, then not needing it.)  The other occasions, I was still having discomfort on the third day, so knew the home remedy was not enough.  

Kleenex/Carrol2---in your caricature and photo, the two of you have the same hair style!!!

• Carrol2

lol elimar sort of. you should see the short dark brown wig i got.