MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    yeah, cookie..i had a necrosis scare, also, and 3 teeth have broken off since chemo im gonna get a 2nd mtg to pay for dental work..3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    we're glad your here, lovesmyfamilysomuch, and one tough woman..3jays
  • Onetoughwoman47
    Onetoughwoman47 Member Posts: 132
    LaughingThank you all for the "welcome" and yes I do post on other threads...I just sat here and laughed and giggled over the pictures and sayings etc., sometimes no responce is necessary but if I had to it would be Wink  Oh couldn' t we all write a book and then some....and I think everytime we all write and post it is just but a chapter in this huge NOVEL on BC and it's effects and such, no where have I written and read so much for so many.  I thank you all for expressing yourselves like the individuals you all are, snowflakes, every one different and special in it's own way!!!!
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

update on my best friend Cheryl her Pet Scan came back clean so no cancer.  She will go back in 6 months.  Her onco at MD Anderson is sending her to a pulmonologist to try to figure out why she is coughing so much and the anitbiotics have not worked.  She is now thinking that maybe she has developed asthma.  Thanks for all your prayers.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Sherryc - So glad to hear Cheryl does not have cancer.  Hope the drs are able to figure our her cough.  Cyber (((HUG))) for you and Cheryl

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748

Love all the pictures!  Would any of you be willing to share with me how you are able to do that?  I have a MAC..... thanks!

OR is there a thread somewhere on this forum that maybe someone posted how to do it?

Thanks again! 

Tori 

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

It may work the same with a Mac, I am not sure.

When you find a picture on the web you like, you copy the image url.  Click on the picture of a tree on the tool bar for posting, and paste the url info in the top box.  Then hit submit.

• jo1955

Tori - I sent you a PM with instructions on how to insert the pics.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I looked for that tree for weeks.

The tree is to the left of the smiley face in your reply box at the top.

• Meece

It would be nice if there were a thread that described several of the ways to post a picture.

• Loviedox
    Loviedox Member Posts: 1

Hello Ladies, I am new to this site and forum but I am now here.  Was diago 8-25-09 w/ HER2 + and ER+ cancer stage 1, less than 1cm grade 2. 0 nodes.  I went through 6 Chemos and 8 Herceptins and now on Femara.  I just had the other side removed for safety in my eyes and started reconstruction.

BUT today after hearing Elizabeth Edwards was lossing her battle and my own Aunt was to I got depressed and wondered why I was still here.

If it was not for all my sisters, nieces and some close friends I would have given up in the beginning but them who would rescue the dogs and care for them and my horses.

Just a Vent.\

Thank you for listening

• Meece

Welcome, Michele.  It can be very distressing to here about others who have lost or are losing their battle with the same monster you went up against.  We have no clear cut reasons why, but what we do have is the knowledge that we are survivors.  And we should not waste the rest of the life which we have been given pondering the what ifs.  We all feel down about our journey now and again, but if our experiences can help one person to have an easier time going through treatment, or to seek an exam or mammo earlier than they had planned, then we have a purpose.  Michele, you are a gift to someone, and there is no reason to give up.

(((((loviedox))))))

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Hi, Loviedox, you are welcome to hang out with us here.  My Dx is almost identical to yours but with one big difference.  I am Her2-, so chemo was not a part of my treatment.  You are still here because you still have a lot of living to do, and I am sure your family and friends will tell you the same.

I did not hear the latest about E. Edwards, but that is so unfair.  Of course, I think all women should triumph over cancer, but seeing how she had to have the humiliation of her husbands cheating exploits made so public, I really wish she had caught a break dealing with her B/C.  Not only her either.  If anyone out there had a philandering mate/former mate, that is all the more reason to do everything to survive and exact the best revenge, which is LIVING WELL.  That's my inner "She-Devil" talking!!!  I'm gonna Google and see what is up with E.E. 

Posting pictures...I have a PC, but if Mac works the same then Meece has pretty much described how to.  Thanks Meece!

• Meece

It appears that EE's physicians have told her that even the most aggressive tx will be useless at this time.  She is at home under hospice care right now.

• elimar

Read the Yahoo News article.  This is something from there that she posted on her Facebook:

"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered," she wrote. "We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful."

That woman has class.  (I remember when she dropped in at our One Year thread party too!)

• Meece

What one year thread party?

• elimar
    Aug 22nd was our One Year anniversary, remember?  Of course, if you CAN remember, you weren't really there!!!
  • Meece

Yes, I remember that.  Duh.  Somtimes it feels like this thread has only bee around 11 months!

• elimar

To refresh your memory...some special (Mid-Age) celebrity guests stopped by, but Elizabeth also did (even tho' she is a little older) just because she liked to party!

Time goes slower here on the Mid-Age thread, so we can all feel YOUNG for a long time.

• susantm
    susantm Member Posts: 71

Another posting pics question. I know how to post pictures I find online. Is there a way to post my own pics from my computer? Or do I have to upload them online somewhere and post from there? So far I've just posted ones I uploaded to my blog, but sometimes I would like to post others, especially on the In the Garden thread (or whatever the title is). Thanks!

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748

May Elizabeth Edwards rest in peace....

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Elizabeth is resting now safe & at peace & the beast can no longer hound her.  May her family be comforted by the grace and love she was able to exhibit in her final years! 

• elimar

Holy Cow!  The article I read an hour ago just said that she was stopping treatment and there was nothing more they could do for her.  What a shock that she is gone already.  Well, I guess she was able to keep a low profile at the end.  She certainly deserved the privacy.  R.I.P. Sister-Girl E. E.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    ToriGirl, I post my pics a bit differently.  I have an account on SnapFish (free picture sharing site).  I upload my photos to my album there, then I bring up one of the pics, right-click, copy and then paste right in the window.  I never seemed to get the URL and tree method down right.  Just wanted you to know there are at least two ways to go about it.
  • marlegal

Eli, love the snowglobe :)   Can I paste that here?  Hmmm.....

• marlegal

yayyy!!!   That one let me copy right from the top section, I didn't have to upload or copy urls.  Weird.  Now I can save it somewhere else too - I like that :)

• jo1955

Merry Christmas Comments and Graphics for MySpace, Tagged, Facebook

• elimar
    jo, I see you have figured out how to post a pic.  Nice holiday scene!
  • Meece

Congrats Jo1955, you done good.

• Onetoughwoman47
    Onetoughwoman47 Member Posts: 132
    Nancy Edwards - Incredible role model, mother, woman, friend and sister in BC.  She will be missed and her memory will live on.  She has touched so many with so much.  If anyone has a chance to read her book Saving Graces I suggest you do so, I had read it when I was laid up this past November/December, such stregth, courage and a fighting spirit and yes, one tough woman!!! May her and others look down upon us all as we go through our journey's...