MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    elimar - I do remember reading that.
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I think I know what might be as fun as going to Fiath and Barbe's craft rooms, would be to go fabric shopping with them.  Dh just doesn't appreciate my looking at and touching each fabric, commenting on what they might be used for.  Mother doesn't get around like she used to so that's out.  I need a shopping partner.  Guess I need to train up one myself.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Must be old age. Maybe CRS disease.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

I am having trouble keeping up.

Faith Love theAZ quilt. Do you sell them on rainbows within reach?

Jo I really struggled with pain for a long time. I took about 6 weeks of lyrica, which helped but I gained weight at an astounding rate.

Then I took celebrex which made me puffy. Both helped.

I would talk to BS and discuss PT. Things like scar massage can help. I still get twinges and "sore boobie days" now and then.

Have a great day!

I start my new volunteer gig which has been months in the setting up tomorrow.

• jo1955
    Meece - My DH is the same way - can't see why I have to pick through each fabric and touch them. I will go shopping with you any day.  Then we may have to pick Barbe's brain for quilt tips.  I would rather do that than work, but I have to work to pay for the fabric. Oh darn!
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

E-your comment about Kleenex's daughters being pencil sketches CRACKED me up!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Well, Eph, you will be happy to know that my New Year's Resolution did not contain any changes to my own particular humor.  However, I have to put my seasonal Santa laugh back on the shelf til next year.  Har-har-har!

• jo1955

Elimar - Don't change your humor - it makes me laugh too much

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    me too, Eli:w ouldn't change a thing with the humor of our "fearless lrader"..3jays                             {{{{{{meece and Lisa}}}}}{{{{{marybe}}}}}}}}
  • elimar

Happy Dance

Happy to say that I am good to go for another six months..so sez my Breast Center technicians and docs.   I had mammo on the evil cancer growing right side, and U/S on the formerly presumed innocent bystander on the left, because last time a cyst was found in that one and a "mystery lump" that was almost certain to be a fibroadenoma.  Both tiny.  Remember I chose the option to just leave that alone and have another look in six mos.  Well, good call for me!  They did not even look at the obvious tiny cyst this time, and the other tiny lump is still tiny and unchanged.  If it looks the very same six months from now, lefty goes back onto yearly scans.  I forgot to ask when righty could go back to a yearly basis.  I am 1 & 1/2 years out now, so maybe even that one will go to yearly after next time.

In a related story, only one out of three staff members at the Breast Center had heard of yesterday's breaking story about the blood screening.  So as not to appear behind-the-times, the two who had not heard that news did tell me that my Center will have a U/S SCREENING device next time I come in.  It is more sensitive than the diagnostic that is available right now.  Before I could jump up and down over that, they both threw in that insurance may not agree to cover it.  So, although I am interested to get one of those, I will have to see the price tag first.  So, stay tuned for the next installment which might include some new technology.  'Bout time!

• jo1955

Elimar - Congrats on the clean bill of health - hope it stays that way.  

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Congrats Elimar now you can relax for another 6 months.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    Congrats Elimar now you can relax for another 6 months.Undecided
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    doin the happy dance here, Eli.congrats   3jays
  • elimar

If I did make a quilt, no doubt it would come out looking something like this one:

Only mine would have more than just one snack size bag of Cheetos on it!  

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Yikes, Elimar! I think I missed that seasonal Santa laugh - sounds a little scary! How does it work with the little ones? I think I'll try that out on 'em - make them earn their goodies!

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

ewww...is that a quilt? I mean - it's lovely!

I think I would try to make one that looked like an unmade bed - it would be a big hit, I'm sure! 

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143
    jelimar  ust snak size?   i think mine would be the party pack!  and lotsa sugar pop a nd alpha bet goses too!  Innocent
  • sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

lalalalalalalalalalala     (((Elimar)))

Wink

• jo1955

elimar - Can you pick samples from the quilt?  It sure is lovely. LOL

• Meece

Now there's some "fabric" shopping I think I could even get DH to go with me for.

• barbaraa

ELIMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Meece

My GP just called with my results.  U/S and F/U mammo inconclusive and recommendation for MRI due to vague areas and dilation of ducts.  So, no definitive answer, just more testing to be done.

• barbaraa

{{{{MEECE}}} (((HUGS))))) I am holding your hand. I am there with you! And prayers are going up.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Barbe- P (pits) T (t*ts) A (a$$) although some folks like my dearly missed bawdy aunt Irene used to call it  the whore's bath! GEEZ!

The aren't accepting anyone just yet at MD Anderson for the clinical trials-they have (along with every other major research hospital) a clinical trial listing so they told me to watch for when it opens up-which I will, but in the meantime I found one of the doc's involved and even though he is thoracic I emailed him today BEGGING:) I will not stop until someone gives me an answer-this blood test is really good science-it can help all of us no matter our stage or grade find and answer for what we all fear the most-is there more cancer floating around?. I am gonna find who is in charge at the pharma end (J&J) and get ahold of them as well.  Again, will keep ya posted- I am a bird dog on this kind of stuff...

I can't remember who asked me about rads (I too suffer from CRS) but I did not need them as I went with the BMX instead of the lumpectomy. My tumor was very small. Which leads me back to the blood test-early detection-initial or mets-is what we all need.

The BIO conference is in June in Wash DC this year and you can bet I will be chasing a whole lot more this year than just who is building a new lab or manufacturing plant. My press pass gets me into all the scientific forums and just about everything else going on as well...I will hunt down these folks who are working on our lives and get all the info I can. There are over 20,000 scientists and top dogs from all the pharma/bio companies, universities and the governments from 67 countries...I have always learned so much and loved the sheer mind power...now I just have an extra purpose. They have helped me with my son's autism over the past 10 years. Now I will just see if they can help us too:) It is amazing what people will tell you at a cocktail party and there are a million of them throughout the week. In fact, I sometimes learn more at those things than I do at the meetings...

• annettek

Elimar-

THAT IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY!!!!!!! YEAH!

• elimar
    Meece, I did just Google "dilation of ducts" and, long story short, there are a number of B9 things that cause that, including the ol' fibrocystic disease, which is mentioned to us Mid-Agers on a regular basis.  I really hope the MRI comes to a benign conclusion and your worry goes no further. 
  • jo1955
    Meece - I'm there for you - praying for B9 results.  Sending out ((((HUGS))))
  • annettek

Meece - another big hug from Texas and praying all will be fine.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

((((((((((((((((Meece))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((Lisa)))))))))))))))))))

and a whoop-whoop for our den-mother, E.