MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Congrats Elimar!! 

((Meece)) - thoughts and prayers going your way!!

((Paulding)) - still keep you in my thoughts and prayers too! 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Love the photo topper E

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Thanks to all sharing my little happy dance today. 

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Oh, my gosh Elimar! I missed it! Congratulations and what a good feeling for you! Lefty and righty behaved themselves well and can now be rewarded with fewer squishings!

When I open an thread, I don't think it opens in the right place all the time. I'm OUT of the LOOP!

My onc - for some c-r-a-z-y reason - says I don't need my first post-treatment mammo until one year out. I think not. It's not like I'm crazy about the things, but my first year won't be up until April!

Big hugs and prayers for (((Meece))) and (((PauldingMom)))

Get well - and good test results - soon! Always remember we are all standing with you! 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Now, whore's bath I know!

Meece, sweetie, you're still in my prayers!

Keep dancing El, we need to see happy!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Oh, Meece, wish I could make things better for you--waiting is such a strain! 

Congrats, Elimar! 

OK, I admit ignorance-whore's bath????  Or do I not want to know????  Embarassed

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    NM, the "whore" only has time, or inclination to wash certain areas, so she only washes the ones that produce "odor". Embarassed
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Aha!  Now I understand!  Very tactful explanatin, Barbe!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

See how much you can learn on THIS thread!  I mean that.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    heartnsoul76 - Don't feel alone with the one year mammo exam.  My onc said that same thing.  As it turns out my mammo is due in July and that will be one year since the last one but seven months since I finished treatment.  Just lucky on the timing.  I have to trust what he says - he has not lead me astray so far.  I always know that I can go for further testing if needed.  I am comfortable with his decision - there is such a thing as over testing.  At this point, the fewer appts and tests I can get away with the happier I will be. 
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I also Googled dilated ducts.  Just one more term to become familiar with.  I have had FCBD since I have had breasts.  My dense breast tissue makes mammos a bit more difficult because they try to flatten them more. Waiting for a reply from my onc about scheduling the MRI.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Meece - It's google great to find information? Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

• Meece

I cannot imagine what we would do without Google.  I remember the days of having to find different things on different search engines.  I used Megaspider most, but there were so many.  I guess they are still oujt there, but Google is the easiest to use.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

I know what you mean. Any time I need anything I Google it. My family & friends ask me how did you find that out...I say I Googled it. After about 10 times in a row they started calling me the google queen...I laughed, but it's so true. I google everything. I have found out lots & lots of info that way though, so they can call me whatever they want. I'm a google nut.

HUGS...Meece

CONGRATS... Elimar

• Meece

I am sure I have been so introverted these past few days that I forgot to congratulate you, Elimar.  How did you train your girls to behave?  I'd gladly send them to finishing school iof that's what it takes.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Well I am 47 so guess that includes me in this group, eventhough I have a 14 year old.  I am enjoying this board so much.  Which I had found it when I was first diagnosed and may not be dealing with some of the issues I have.  But I am on my last leg of my first phase of this journey as this will always be with me.  Had my bilateral mastectomy in May 2010, (with reconstruction, had infection and that has gone down hill from there) chemo ended Oct 2010, tried another atempt at reconstruction failed, now I have started my rads this week for 6 weeks.  My appointments are my lunch break.  I just thought I'd peek in here as see what it was about.

• eph3_12
    mjbmiller: join the crew! I'm 56 & have a 16 yr old-please Lord get me through the next couple years!  Rads for lunch-doesn't sound tasty but really the 6 weeks go by pretty fast-good luck; there should be a "Starting Rads in Jan '11" thread; you should get on board there if you aren't already-gals going thru at the same time have lots of tips!  Good luck on your journey
  • Meece

mjmiller:  I scheduled all of my rads on lunch break as well.  It worked well for me, although it meant no lunch.  10 minute drive each way, waiting time, then actual rads.  Oh well, made the day go by quickly.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

rainbow

This has got to be one of my favorite Middies-Toppers...... I just wanted to be certain that it was saved within the diary of the thread's evolution. Brilliant!!!

Welcome mjb. You will find us to be a very warm & welcome little dock for your adventure.

Rads -- seems like it's forever in the beginning & then poof you're on the other side.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    wow, this room has been busy for the last few days!!  good to see so many good posts and great suggestions.  nothing much to add, just wanted to pop in and say HI to my buds.  onward to Friday :)
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Welcome, MJB!! We are an intersting yet wacky group. Faith, LOVELY picture! Love it at the top of the thread Eli! Meece, thinking of you. Eph, haven't said hey in a while!

• eph3_12

Hey in a while!

• Meece

Sassy girl, Eph!

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499

Somebody please send me a PM on how to post a picture. I'm so jealous! You gals have dancing cats and I can't even post a blasted photo.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Whooohoooooo..................

We're sneaking up on the page 250 party!!!!

There's still plenty of time to get your 250 smiles together & your cheeto gear organized!

250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Meece

Getting very close indeed!  Sportin the Cheeto smile already.

• Meece

Putting on my make up so i'll be purdy for the party.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204
    Yay! A Cheetos party! Can I bring my dog?

• susantm
    susantm Member Posts: 71
    I think I hurt my husband's feelings a bit. He works swing shift and I have early morning rads, so I always drive myself to light rail and take the train there. Well, he's off today and tomorrow, and he said, like he was doing something really nice for me, "I'm going to get up tomorrow and take you to the train." Not take me to radiation, which would be nice, just to the train. It wouldn't save me any time, just mean I might have to wait for him when I returned if he didn't time his arrival right. And he isn't used to getting up early, so he would probably be tired all day. So I turned him down. And he couldn't understand, because he thought he was doing me a big favor. It would be a much nicer favor if he would offer to clean house or even put his clothes away. Sometimes I think men just don't get it. Undecided
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

Eph and MJB.....I'm 54 and have a 12 year old!!  I'm so happy to still have her at home as I'm so not ready to be empty nest....My oldest DD is married and lives in Toronto and my son just left for U of Hawaii on Monday...thats why I had a 3rd child....I saw my kids growing up and didn't want to have not kids at home so young!!!! 

Feeling very ADD tonight....reading posts, cut can't really "pay attention" to what I am reading and I have the TV on...People Choice Awards and can't really pay attention....really over tired....so decided its time to have a glass of red wine...opened a bottle of Merlot...and eating Terra Chips...been chowing down again and packing on the pounds...need to drop 6# now!!!

Hugs...