MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    faith, i guess im weird today.. ok, i KNOW im weird today.. the video was wonderful!! i cryed watching them all (smied) also.. Eph, and Suz, what an accomplishment!! we get less and less drs. yeah!!!                3jays
  • phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

Elimar    and Meese   missed something..dont know why the wine and cheetos and i am guessinng chocolates and roses ?

3JAY luv the laurel and hardy~

~ ~   nancy arol

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Two of the simple pleasures of life, Wine and Cheetos.
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Latest fashion accessory.

• Meece

I had this young lady design my dress for the occasion:

• Meece

The MIddles:

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424

Phew, right now we're having a "Page 250" party!!!!

The longer you're around us, the more you'll catch on that it takes very little to strike up the party spirit & get us to celebrating.

When in doubt we return to our comfort food of choice: cheetos.

Silly nonsense. You get extra points for getting a post on the 250th page of our thread!!!

On to another matter:

There is a lovely little thread under 'fitness' called ELAB -- which stands for "Eat Like a Bird" and has been active for nearly a year. To make a long story short, we are currently 'recruiting' new birdies who wanna be held accountable for their own fitness goals: weight loss, veggie intake, exercise increase -- whatever the goal might be.

We have divided into 4 teams and are going to have a contest between now and Mar 8 (the thread's first anniversary.)

Today the moderators came on the thread at least 3 times, congratulating us on our little support system & talking about the direction BCO wants to turn with integration of health/proactive/wellness/weigh loss/smoking cessation etc etc. We all flipped out to have the mods asking us if we were willing to be interviewed.

They were also asking us what we wanted from BCO when it comes to the above.

Please feel free to jump in as an ELAB full member -- or read along there for supportive ideas. We have quite a few regular Middies, so you're bound to see some familiar names. One of our regulars has lost nearly 100 pounds and we are so very proud of her efforts.

Anyhow, if you've ever wanted a cheering section for your efforts on your own behalf, now's the time!! We do publicly announce our weight (tho that's not critical to membership) and tomorrow is our first Fri weigh in of the New Year.

Get in on the ground floor of an exciting new phase of BCO!

xx00xx00xx00xx

• Meece
    You go, Faithie.  I'm in! Wink
  • Meece
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Elimar and Raj congrats on good reports

Meece I am thinking of you and praying for good results

I have not been on this thread in several days and boy have I missed alot.  Seems everyon is quilting these days.  I am 48 and all kids grown but have found myself looking after my parents and inlaws.  This week had to put my Father in law in the NH because he had a bad fall.  Mother in law will not get any rest.  I think she is has ocd.  Dealing with all this and 2/3 of the way through rads has left  me fatigued and work has been super busy this week.  Looking forward to Saturday so I can sleep and rest.  I think my body really needs it.

Meece I love the cheetos guy. I have really been trying to eat healthy but I think he could make me eat cheetos again.

• Meece

I should stay away from posting Cheetos because I am also trying to eat healthier, but once in awhile I will indulge.  When I have a Cheeto craving I will not buy the full size bag, I will go and buy a small bag and enjoy every orange bite!

• Meece

Sherryc, thank you for thinking of me.  Every day will bring me closer to an answer. 

• CherylQ
    CherylQ Member Posts: 42

Faithandfifty, I am in for the ELAB!

Cheryl

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Congrats on Page 250!!

• Meece
  • Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

I only had 16 roads of rads but I was able to book in afternoons so I could go to school, start the training programs and do the observations...then run to radiation ..ended up being about an hour or a half and then zipped back to do my next teaching sessino. Only missed one day on my second week...crying jag that started at 11pm one night and extended to 8pm the next...a feel sorry for myself day, i guess.....but hey are part of the process.

Also happy to sat 3 weeks later, my breast is just slightly pink..the peeling once I finished rad only took two weeks (and as my rainer says...anyone can do two leg presses...two situps...two pushops so...any o fus can do two days of peeling and then two more...)

• Meece

Hi, Sandee.  May your feeling sorry for yourself days be few and far between.  You now have a plethura of friends to support you.  Glad you found us.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

Birds can eat Cheetos....just sayin

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Off to bed but wanted to congratulate rajkumari on your great news! And, Joni & Suzette, it's always great to say "good-bye" to a dr. I let my Rads onc schedule me for another 1 yr ck at the end of this year. Probably should have said no, but let him do it.

((((Meecie))))

{{{thinking of you, Lisa}}}

Welcome Sandee!  

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Meece, where on earth do you find those Cheeto pix? Unreal!

Hi Val! Haven't said hi in weeks it seems. (((HUGS)))))

{{{{LISA}}}}}} thinking of you! And you too, Meecie!

• Meece

Mr. Google, Barbara!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Im in love with MR Google.

Hi Barbara...Are you counting the days..............HUGS

• Meece

Yes, Cookie, birds can and do eat Cheetos.  They just have to really practice restraint or they'll never get off the ground.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    he had to be here for this party..dontcha think?  
  • Meece

Is he the statue in the chocolate fountain?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

No, he's what I dipped! ehehhehehehehee

• Meece

Ahhhhhh, hope you had a good hold of him, barbe.  No one likes it when you have to fish things out of the fountain.

• barbe1958

I have a VERY good hold...oh, right, you can't see my hand!

• Meece

Good thing, barbe.

• barbe1958
    It is...very! Wink