MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I would do the same thing.  Hand quilting can take me up to several months depending on the size of the quilt and how much I want to do.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Meece...Is there a possibility that we will be in Oahu the same time?

Imagine........Smile

• jo1955

Sheila - iyi geceler

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

iyi geceler jo.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

I am soooo far behind in reading posts, and can't begin to catch up .. but for all of you, i think i love this pic 'cause it shows what we really feel in our bellies ... I love you all so much

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Great link to middle age!!!! Worth bitchin' till I got to see it.

Meece, the concept is what you did, circular quilting on square graphics and square lines in organic shaped designs. Have fun!

• jo1955
  • Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

Hi everyone! How is life  on the eve of new year 2011. Meece, I want a piece of your quilt. When I see your quilt picture I feel like grabbing it to treasure it   but it wont,be possible ..I know.. I cant stitch quilt but I can make pillows, cushions and covers etc. which I do  when I have free time. And somtimes during winter,before my treatment,I used to  knit sweaters, cardigan for self and family. It is nice doing something creative but yours is  different which is so precious looking.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Good afternoon all.  Its so cold here.  I'm just so greatfull that I dont have to go out in it.  I've been blessed to have a church family who has been bringing me meals.  Since they are bringing plenty I dont have to get out at all.  Plus I have a hubby and 2 kids who can get something if I needed it.

I know dh wont get on here, but I still want everyone to know how wonderful he has been.  He even stayed in my hospial room the whole time I was there.  He wont let me do anything except feed myself and go to the bathroom.  He so much and I love him so much for all he has done so far. Plus he is sick right now but is still doing so much for me.  Thanks Kevin, I LOVE you!

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

Hi ! Paula, you are very lucky to have a big family around you. Your husband is so lovely. How is your treatment  doing on now? I pray for your fast recovery. Dont, worry . BC is  nothing in  this advance age as medical science  has developed like anything. Take all the medical advises  from your doctor and dont feel scare  of  radiation or chemo ..whatever may be. You are  also very lucky to be  here. You know this  thread is really wonderland  for us. Just see everyone  will be at your side.

• jo1955
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

Dresses are gorgeous...even before BC, I never looked good in plunging necklines...now no way could I wear those.....no clevage!!!!!  Have a great trip.

Its snowing and cold here today....and getting colder....snow came in earlier than they  predicted so guessing that we'll be getting a pretty good amount.....Already have several inches....DH is supposed to fly out early tomorrow morning for sales meeting in Savanah GA...he has to be there by late in the day....sure hope he makes it without too many hassles....

DS starts classes tomorrow at U HAwaii....wonder what he thinks of missing the snow....yesterday he went for a bike ride and wiped out...major road rash!!!!  As of Friday he had not met his roommates yet...he moved in Thursday but offiial move in day did not start to Friday and his roommates were there first semester so had not come back yet....

Well....its 9:25 and I haven't done anything today except be on the computer....think I need to go eat a little breakfast (little being the operative word...need to get serious about getting these 6 or 7# back off) and get busy with bills, laundry etc.....Have a great Sunday :)

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Oh, it looks like I missed a party. 

Greeting to shelleyj43 and Sandeeonherow.  Welcome!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Thanks rajkumari!  I would have never in a million years think he was gooing to be this good to me.  I am shocked.

It has been so cold here.  Im glad I dont have to get out in it.  BRRR!!!!!!!  Looks as if its going to be this way for the rest of the week. The DD went and picked up some extras.  Now that I have my appetite back, bring on the chips, lol.

have a great night all! 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Paula, my hub came through for me during treatment in a way I would not have thought he was capable of ...nice when we're pleasantly surprised, huh?  You just let him pamper you and treat you like the goddess which you are for a while!!!  Glad you joined our group.  We're half way to a 300 page mark, which undoubtedly will mean a big party for us ... stick around, our parties are great!!!
  • Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Okay - I have given up on trying to read through the last million pages I missed. Doing a quick scan of what's transpired since last I was up to date, I saw fabulous quilts, and then got deja vu seeing a return to the ghosts of cheetos pictures past and possibly half-naked men coated in chocolate, so I'm thinking I missed a notable thread milestone... Glad to see that y'all are well and "Cheeto-ing" away! I'm just going to pretend that I've actually read everything and continue from here, if that's okay.

I did see some sort of comment regarding mammography after rads treatment. Ideally, you want to wait a YEAR after you've finished rads treatments, although doctors don't usually do that. Prior to that, you have changes from the radiation that take a bit to settle, so it's not really all that meaningful. I had one just a couple of months out from rads, and got a totally scary form letter that really just meant that I had some changes from radiation that were to be expected, and that I needed to come back in six months. Except it was worded in a legal CYA sort of way that made it sound totally ominous. I'm over it. Mostly.

Happy New Year, Middles!

Coleen

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499

Thank you Elimar for the welcome. I finally decided I am in the "middle-aged women" category. I am trying to embrace it and think of all the wisdom that will be forthcoming from this group!

I especially laughed at the "home of the hot flash" motto!

• raeinnz
    raeinnz Member Posts: 553
    Hot flashes are called hot flushes here.  I never really liked that term (felt like it was something I would have to be embarrassed about) and I think hot flashes is much better but a lady I played tennis with, long before I had them, used to call them power surges and I like that the best - sounds like something positive in my life rather than being an embarrassing and annoying occurrence.
  • walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Well since I first posted there has been a lot of activity.  What a fun group.

Meece - I LOVE puff cheetos, had them for luch last week on my eat and rads lunch.  The only thing I hate is the orange shoulder I get each time I eat them.  Haven't quit figured that one out.

Eph - I am on the Jan 2011 rad topic and has been quite helpful.

I like power surges than hot flashes.  DH sent me a Zits Cartoon with a mom and older son on the couch.  She yells "hot flash" and takes off her shirt, then says "you have no idea how werd it is when these come on",  son looks at her like she's crazy, "Don't I know".

Forgot to add to my fav topics last time, fix that problem.

• jo1955

I have heard hot flashes referred to as '"Having my own tropical vacation"  My favorite is the power surges.

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499

I have a question for some of you ladies who have been around awhile. How many MRI's is it safe to have? Is it typical to have one a year? Do they always use contrast? I had one in Feb after finding my lump, and now I need another one on my remaining breast because my mammo/US showed something suspicious. I don't mind having it if insurance will pay, but the contrast stuff sort of freaks me out when it goes in. I've read that some people have kidney problems afterwards. I didn't but wonder if repeated MRI's increase this liklihood.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

shelleyj43 that is a good question.  I had an MRI in Sept that is how my tumor was found.  WAs chacing something else that turned out to be OK but found this instead.  Because of that my BS said that she will follow up after rads with MRI not mammo so that would probably next month that I have it done.  If anyone has comments I would be insterested as well.

Had lunch with one of my oldest friends today.  We meet when we were 6 years old in the first grade and are still friends.  We were laughing that we have been friends for 42 years and how old that sounds because neither one of us feels old.

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Sherry - My oldest friend and I met in 2nd grade we were 7, we will be 47 this year.  There is no way we are that old, it seems like yesterday!  lol

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

I always read Zits and have been following the hot flash series...in fact I've been cutting them out to save...too funny!!!

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Hi everyone,

What a wild group - the last few pages were entertaining thank you. 

I thought I was possibly done with "Power Surges" and my BS said  they will probably come rolling back in once I start  Chemo...another joy to look forward too. Apparently I did not put in my full year to qualify as memopausal so the clock stops ticking until we start again after chemo.

Love Zits too...my kids find Power Surges quite entertaining.

it is amazing how fast the time has gone - used to get a shock when things happend 20 years ago - now its 30 year agn and the YOU CANNOT BE SERVED SIGNS have years that are way to recent to belong to 21 year olds....

I guess I belong here too!

Have a good night.

Jean

• raeinnz
    Welcome Jean - nice to 'meet' you. Sounds like you will fit in well!  It is scary how fast time passes - my youngest is 19 y/o in a few months and is off to uni with her sisters in about 5 weeks - I am staring down the barrel of being an empty nester! and that makes me feel old.
  • chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Talking about the 'hot flashes, flushes and power surges' I've always called mine 'melting moments" lol

• raeinnz
    chrissy - lolololololol! that's a good one
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Cinnamon and Jean, welcome. I like power surge as a descriptor but really don't like having them. I was done with meno 8 years ago and it's just as I remembered it. Yell
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    OLD? My SON turns 30 in March! Just after he has my THIRD grandson!!! Where the heck did the time go? I still remember his birth quite vividly! Yell