Comments

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Barbara...I enjoyed your pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    BarbA, Those cruise photos make everything look spotlessly clean.  You didn't leave out the grimy photos, did you?  Besides the pristine, white sand beach, I liked the towel bunny on the bed!
  • thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

What a fun group!  I hope you don't mind but I was reading some of the conversation.  I hope I am lucky enough to make connections with ladies that way that you have ... very inspiring!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Yes, the bunny was cool. I did not like Antigua. We did a shore trip to 3 artist studios and that I liked but I really did not like the trash on the side of the road. It was very sad. JMHO. All the other islands were fabulous.

• elimar
    Greetings, thefuzzylemon!   You will have to fill us in on what your diagnosis is/was, and what treatments you are having or have had.  It's not very difficult to get to know most of us here, as you will soon see.
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Welcome thefuzzylemon!  Like Elimar said we are a fun bunch.  Just jump in the conversation whenever you want.

Barbara - While in Jamaica we will probably go to the Rum factory - we went to a pineapple/coffee plantation last time around and it was fun.  I am not crazy about the Cayman Islands but will load up on the wonderful rum cakes.  Cozumel is my favorite - DH and I love to go snorkeling.  Of course, I will post pics.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Welcome fuzzelmon this is  a great group.

Elimar love the photo at the top, gave me a BIG laugh

Barb love the pics and so glad you had a great time.

Took my Dad to the RO today.  I feel like I am reliving my nightmare.  My mom gets so confused about things.  They did like my RO and he noticed how they are a challenge so he is just going to call me on everything and then I can tell my parents what needs to be done.  If they have questions they can then call him.  I think this will work better at keeping things straight with them. So he is off for bloodwork in the am to check his coumadin level and then the RO will set up his biopsy, then pet scan and then we will truly know what we are dealing with and how bad it is.  The cancer is in his bone and I am sure it is mets and not a new primary so now it is get things done and wait.  My Dad is just in such bad health and I just don't know how well he will do with chemo which is probably in the future as well.  I had to laugh at my dad when we got in the car because he is very hard of hearing and he said he liked that man because he spoke up and he could understand him.  He said I hate when doctors don't speak up and I can't understand them.  I guess it helped that I called my RO on friday and gave him a heads up that my dad can't hear and my mom only remembers half of what she is told.  By the time we got home my mom was going on  and on about how tired she was.  She did not drive and did not have to put up with both up them at the same time.  Gotta luv em.  They do keep me laughing.

• elimar
    Sherryc, your mom and dad raised a great daughter. 
  • Sherryc

thank you elimar

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

Sherry--I agree with Elimar.  Your parents are lucky to have you.  Sorry you have to go through all this though--make sure you are taking care of yourself too.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    welcome fuzzy lemon.. this is a great thread, with Elimar, as our wonderful hostess. its' realy easy to get to know everyone here!
  • NotAfraid
    NotAfraid Member Posts: 12

After being assured I would get a referral for a PS today, I got a phone call instead asking ME for names of PSs who did DIEP.  EXCUSE ME?  I'm supposed to be the expert on this?  What a bunch of idiots.  So, I just sent off a nasty email to the medical group's corporate office.  Are they waiting for my "non-invasive" DCIS to become invasive so I have to have chemo/rads?  Or maybe they'll wait until it spreads further so I won't need reconstruction at all - especially not DIEP.  

I'm so pissed and I'm not very good at this waiting game.  

• elimar
    Hey, Carol6026, I borrowed this from another woman's tagline (who posted on the Middle Aged Memories thread)...and it was what I meant in my post about your co-workers:   "The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away."  So, even tho' you might hear a few assinine things from co-workers, that's better than the ones who keep their distance, don't say anything, but kind of stare, looking for some outward signs of your B/C. 
  • jo1955

NotAfraid - What a bunch of morons.  Like we are supposed to know everything.  I hate the waiting game too.  I hope you get a referral soon and get some answers.

Sherry - What a wonderful, caring daughter you are - just be sure to take time for yourself.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

Hi everyone ! I am back after long days gap as I was little occupied  with one of my colleque who is only 36 yrs. old  detected  with III stage IDC. I don,t have any knowledge like you all have, but  with the little experience which I gain during my  struggling period, I  was trying  to help the girl. She has  a big lump size 4x7 cm in her right breast. Instead of  surgery, her doctor has advised 4chemos. She has already taken one cycle and next cycle  is on 8th Feb,2011. I advice her to  follow  to what her doctor plan for the treatment. After discontinuation of Arimidex, I have some  problem myself  worrying  what will happen to me , as I know I am not cured fully and there might be chances of coming back. Now my brain is not working  thinking for myself  and  for her. She came to me seeking help.Because  of all these things I was unable to be here for quite a long. But  today I am very happy  to see that  many new members have already joined  in this thread. I welcomed them  from  my heart  and enjoy to be here.

• barbaraa

Welcome back Raj! I was gone for a week also. You are a good friend to try to help your friend.

Notafraid - I do not do waiting well at all nor do I tolerate morons well. Go get 'em!

Sherry, I am adding your father to my prayers.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Barbara, beautiful pictures! The pink dress did you the most justice....very flattering for your colour.

One of the benefits of a cruise is the cleanliness. We've done areas of Europe in hotels and if we do it again, it'll be a cruise! At least on a cruise you can flush ALL your toilet paper......yep.

• barbaraa

Thanks, Barbe. I HATE pink so was very surprised I actually liked that dress.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I wrote my onc's NP an email Friday about the unacceptable behavior of their person in charge of entering orders into the computer and scheduling.  I received a call yesterday and have my appointments today.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease and we've been through enough, we shouldn't have to put up with  idiocy.  That woman should know by now that I don't put up with it (I turned her in earlier this year when I received a call for an anonymous survey on their service.)  

• elimar

Hi, raj!  I was wondering where you were? Your colleague's tumor is large, but with luck the chemo will shrink it way down before surgery.  I hope she responds well and I am sure she really appreciates any support you can give her.

(Also missing... Brazos...we don't even know if she survived her jam band New Year's Eve???)

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604

BarbaraA...can't get either link to work to see the pics

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

raj - the best spokes person for BC is someone who has gone through it.  I had a BC sister who helped me walk through my initial discovery and tests.  She had a two month head start so we are always calling each other and comparing notes.  I have a co worker who also had a large tumor and had several rounds of chemo to srink it. Now they may not have to do surgery, but the surgeon will insert something into the tumor, sorry not for sure what the procedure is.  Will check up on her and see what her status is.

Well stuck at home, my RO office just called and they are closing since the temp is !!! in the Dallas area.  My office is also closed, not going to talk about !!!

Everyone stay safe today.

• Sherryc

raj glad you are able to help your friend.  I had a friend with stage III and a large tumor.  They did chemo first then surgery then rads.

Thanks everyone for the kind words of support for my Dad.  I will try to take care of myself, I am only one week out of rads so still very tired.  Back at work full time and not getting my naps in the afternoon so bedtime has come much earlier for me.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Welcome fuzzylemon!

For the record-I LOVE Cozumel!

Praying Meece!

At work, so should probably get off!  Everyone stay warm! (Sorry E)

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143
    notafaraid it suz that we ahave to be our own advocates in a world we never entered.  what schmoes this prcactioners have become     thinking they practice being heartless, mindless and cruel.  gotta find a listinf of docs that have had bad scary cancers!  and if you find that catalogue....pls fwd?   be andgry.  it is called for.   and then of course take care of biz.  good luck!
  • walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

SherryC - I ment to tell you earler what a wonderful person you are, it says a lot for your parents that you are there for them.  Make sure you do take time out for yourself when you can.

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Sherry - I have hearing issues, and it amazes me that medical professionals are so careless about this. Something like 30% of all adults have SOME difficulty hearing. At almost every visit to a doctor, the nurse who comes in to get some preliminary questions answered will sit with her BACK to me. I've actually said, "I have a hearing loss, so if you sit with your back to me, I probably won't hear you properly, but this won't stop me from answering the question I THINK you're asking. While this might be interesting, it's probably not a good idea." Yes, I actually say that.

We went on a cruise in the Caribbean for our honeymoon 18 years ago - SO much fun! I think Alaska in the summer would be awesome...

• Sherryc

Klennex I love that you tell them that.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Kleenex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi!

• jo1955

Eph - Out of the 3 ports we are going to Cozumel is my favorite.  Can't wait to get on the ship.