Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I live in Texas and have been to Turkey - HUMMMMMMM!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
          ((jo))
  • jo1955

Sheila - You always come through when I need a good laugh

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yahoo I made it thru a whole work week.  I went back to work for the first time in 6 log weeks.  Wow I didnt realize doing paperwork was going to be so exhasting.  But I was woman hear me roar.  I was able to work a full shift so I did good.  Have a great day all.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Paula66...     'YOU GO GIRL'

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Great work.  Way to go now just take it easy and enjoy the weekend after friday.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Good for you, Paula.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

i live in texas and have eaten turkey...does that count? Geez, I am a total lamer:)

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I used to have a pet turkey.  (If eating one counts, does feeding one?)

• jo1955

Paula - Good for you.  I depended on my work to keep my focused and my mind off BC

Annettek - You are not a lamer - and yes, it does count. 

• annettek

welcome back hula girl meece- what a geat pic of you and your boy in the surf:) BIG HUGS

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Well I'm from Texas and would love to go to Turkey but that probably doesn't count.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I've been to Turkey and it was beautiful! The bees make their honey from pine trees and it's sweeter than ours! We left Rhodes and took a ferry to Marmaris Bay and then inland.

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842

Never been to Turkey or Texas.  I am totally out of the loop. Geez..........

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Anything turkey or Turkey related counts,,including tofurkey!? Why not!!! WHEEHA!!! Just figure this kind of vacation is better for me than a lopsided bikini vacation would be!....I am all about the visit with friends and family I love...wherever they are living, I end up eventually. But Nepal....Nepal is a place I have wanted to go for over 20 years so this seems like the year to do it....

Barbe - your description sounds beautiful! My first experience was very stressful...I was travelling on my own, had a few unacceptable male-being-inappropriate moments that really set the tone of the vacation and I missed a few places I wanted to see because of overealous rug peddlers. This ime I am armed with a huge smile and will make sure I get sleep before I walk around...and I WILL go to their rug stores and drink their tea...just can't take a rug home in my backpack because that is all I am carrying for the trip!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

The tea is pretty sweet whether you want it that way or not. We asked for "coffee" (German is the other language spoken there) and when it came my DH said "Oh, Turkish coffee?" and the kid smiled and said "No, Nescoffee!"

• sunangel27
    sunangel27 Member Posts: 234

That sounds like such an awesome trip planned Sandee!!!!!!!!

• Sandeeonherown

Sunangel....like the rest of you, it has been a pretty lousy year on a lot of levels....and my c^^p started 10 months before that so I am ready for a major break....need to also sort out what comes next in my life...migh be ime to quit my job or only do it half time and do something else...or do the same thing somewhere else....I am a work in progress...I will, of course, be takign tons of photos along the way!

• sunangel27

It sounds like a very  very deserving vacation!!!! :)            I am taking some time in April to just hang with two of my best friends in the world!! We haven't done it in about 5 yrs!! One lives in Ga, and the other in Dallas. The one from Ga will fly here, then we do road trip to Dallas, and spend a few days there with the other friend. We all have a blast together........jammies, Blue Collar Comedy, hot tub...and just have a great weekend to four days together. I can't wait.

The road trip, the one friend and I go from Wichita KS..where i live......thru Okla....and see a few sites there.....this year she will get to meet my newest grandbaby girl :) Excited about that and it will just be one more time I get to see her too! heheee

There's a few crazy wacky fun shops we like to stop at on the way too, so it will be fun!! :)  

• Sandeeonherown

Sunangel...that sounds jus as perfect, actually! The reason(s) I am going to Turkey and Qatar are :Maral, Vicki and Hilary! Need some face to face girlfriend time with my pals....Hilary and I did a 15 hour road trip to visit her sister and visit her old military college in the States last year - we had a blast...we just stop when we see something that looks interesting!. I am soooo looking forward to laughter for 3 weeks!

• sunangel27

Exactly!!!!!!!!     My two buddies and I laugh the whole time we are together......not a dry eye in the place.......ever!! hehe     I have seen them for two nights a few years ago, since that, but there were other people around....it wasn't just the "three muskateers".... and we just have more fun when it is us

• Sandeeonherown

The two pals I will be visiting in Qatar are COMPLETE opposites....both ended up teaching EFL there because the $$$ is excellent...they are  living in the same building, sharing a class and have offices down the hall from each other so visiting will be easy....but boy....night and day...All three were gifts to my world right when my world imploded and have stuck with me through this as well, each in their own way from across the ocean...There will be a lot of laugher and tears, I suspect!

• sunangel27

OH I am sure!!!   As there will for us......it is such an awesome thing to have such great friends.....even if they are such a long distance away......the heart and the friendship closes that gap!! But oh so great it is a time when you get to spend time in real face to face with them :)

Enjoy your trip to the maximum!!!!! 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Vicki, welcome. One of those bittersweet things where we're really glad you're joining our group, but sorry you needed to, ya know? I've visited Houston when our DD lived there for 2 yrs while a member of Teach for America, and I too have eaten turkey.  Wow, so glad I fit in :)

Well, between a few newbies and the fact that it's Friday, I say that's enough reason for a party!!!  Here's my contributions, hope I have enough for us all

• annettek

c'mon down Navy-:)

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106

Thank you for the warm Welcome, Middies.   

I love turkey .. and try to bake several Turkey breast thru out the year.   My grandparents are from Russian .. so the Country of Turkey is close to my mother-land.

Any of you wonderful WARRIORS, live in Southern California ?

Vicki Sam

• marlegal

Vicki, many do ... check under the name on left to see location - some of us list it there.  I'm an east coaster myself, and more than 5 yrs out if that helps you at all!!

• jo1955

marlegal - let the party begin!

Vicki Sam - I don't live in So Calif, but am originally from Riverside.

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842

Annette:  Thought I was on my way to Dallas to see the Chicago Blackhawks play the Stars but couldn't get a decent price on airfare.  DH and I were looking to do something fun/different and seeing the Hawks play somewhere out of town and hopefully in a better climate sounded good.  I picked Dallas because I have never been to Texas.  But we are going to Tampa to see the Hawks play the Llightning instead.   I still have San Antonio on my wish list of places I would like to visit.  So Maybe I'll get there in the fall.  Have a good night everyone. 

Navy 

• marlegal

wow what a cool way to see hte country and have fun doing something you're interested in at the same time!  I would be envious, except I hate that trait in people, so have a ball NavyMom!!!

I'm still trying to find out from hub whether he ever wants to do another cruise (we did one two yrs ago and I am frothing at the mouth to do another) or whether I should plan one with friends - one way or the other, I'm going, it's just a question of with whom!!!

and just to keep the party vibe going on this spring-feeling friday night in the northeast ... here's some warm weather flowery breezes for you all...this pic just made me feel springy, even though I know I have many many more weeks of winter till I get there :)