Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

thank you

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

lynn - So sorry the port moved - will be holding your hand tomorrow when it is fixed.

brendaclee3 - I am with Elimar - I could read posts like that everyday. Welcome to the group. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

it appears the page problem has been fixed - for me anyway-- hip hip hooray!!!

• jo1955

Eph - I do believe you are right.  It just happened recently.   I was on here this morning and still have to scroll down to the last post.  Thanks moderators!

• PatMom
    PatMom Member Posts: 322

One BIG issue with that lanolin cream is that many people are allergic to wool, and the lanolin coating the fibers is the part of the wool that they are usually allergic to.  If you have ever had an uncomfortable experience, especially one that resulted in a rash, from wearing wool, avoid using a lanolin based cream. 

With nursing mothers, whatever they use needs to be safe for the baby to ingest, so the choices are severely limited.  That shouldn't be an issue here.

• JoanDavies
    JoanDavies Member Posts: 80

Haven't been on in a day, so thank you to the folks who offered their perspectives. Tomorrow is oncologist, nutritionist and mental counselor. I'm told I HAVE to see them. Im guessing there's a reason they make you go to all these people, and I sure hope they can tell me something I don't already know from talking to you guys and researching. I'm trying not to be too skeptical...they're really looking after my best interest and not just trying to bankroll me off this disease, right? That's what I'm telling myself for now... :)

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

WOW you all have been posting like crazy - I will need to attempt to catch up this weekend but wanted to check in and say hi.

Lynnia so sorry to hear you had to have surgery to fix port good luck with cHemo on Friday.

I have my first of 4 taxols tomorrow (I guess it is today since it is after midnight yikes)

Met Rad Onc today 3 weeks after Chemo start rads, 25 regular and 5 boosts and I now know what boosts are.

It was good to have ds home from college he has gone back now.  Family dinner was fun and DS was happy to see everyone. wE all were slammed with colds so I feel cheated out of my good weekend this Chemo round but hoping the Taxol is indeed easier on the system..

Hugs to all

Jean

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I Cann't sleep right now just received news from my sister that my dad is in the hospital. He has acute leukemia and will be starting chemo either tomorrow or Friday. He is in Amarillo, TX and I am flying to see him Friday morning. He lives in NM and the nearest major hospital is in Amarillo. The prognosis is't good. Without chemo he has weeks, with we hope will give him a few years. He is 82 but a young 82. I have not been able to see him for two years due BC last year. Since my mom past away I try to see him at least twice a year.

• lynniea

Well ladies back to the grime stone.  Keep me in prayer while the Lord will guide the Droctors to fix my port.  

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Lynniea, you are too funny! It's the "grind" stone, as in grinding down a knife edge.....

mjb, how absolutely horrid!!! Did you even know that he was sick?? I pray he can tolerate the chemo if that is his wish. He is in my prayers now, please keep us posted on how he's doing. You must just be reeling....hugs to you too, sweetie....

• lynniea

sorry wrong letter

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{MJBMILLER}}} Prayers going up for you!

Lynnie, prayers for guidance for the doc. I hope your chemo tomorrow goes OK (well, as OK as chemo can be Laughing).

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Barbie - as of February his blood work was clear, so it has come on suddenly since then.  I know he will fight this if it is his will, I just am not ready to see him go, but Gods will be done. Thanks

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Amen, mjb.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Safe travels, mjbmiller. That is so shocking that it could have developed so fast.  Hope he responds well to chemo.

Good Luck starting Taxol,JeanH!  Let us kinw how you do on that.

And JoanD, that sounds like a big crock.  I'm sorry I did not write sooner and perhaps you are already off to your "mandatory" appointments.  Please tell me you asked WHY they wanted you to see a nutritionist and a counselor.  I'm not against talking to those people if there is a need or good reason, but in general when I hear the words "have to," my gut response (whether I actually say it or not) is alway going to be, "Oh no I don't."  And, as some of our women are usually quick to point out, ALL of your team works for YOU.  I don't really think you need to be told who and how many you have to see and pay, so feel free to say NO if the visit is not a sensible one for you.

• jo1955

mjb - Positive thoughts and many prayers going out to you and your father.

• eph3_12

mjb: holding tight to your hand-remember to breath  & lynn it is a grind stone but our lives get grimey from all the crap flying at us, so I'll bet the grind stone is grimey too!!

Had my 2nd bilat mammo since dx last Thursday.  Got letter from mammo joint with an all clear yesterday in the mail.  I was supposed to have appt w/onc today, but phone reminder lady neglected to tell me she was seeing patients at the other office today instead of the one I've seen her at for the last 2 years.  so it's rescheduled for the 12th of April-since I know the result of the mammo I'd just as soon not go, period, but she's giving me my Femara in sample bottles & I'm running low, so guess I'll go.  BS wants to see me next week to review mammo result; I think I'm going to cut her off like I did rad onc in January! 

Slowly but surely approaching the weekend & DD will be home from Italy @ 8:30 Sat night--part happy, part bummed-it's been a nice break, I'm going to miss my non-busy life (she gets in 8:30 Sat night & she has a soccer game on Sunday @ 11AM-no time to recover from jet lag, she's just right back into it, which means I am too!)

• jo1955

EPH - Big Congrats on the clear mammo.  I have said good bye to all my doctors except my onc.  I let me do the coordinating and follow up care. That is enough for me.  

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

mjbmiller so sorry about your Dad.  I will be praying for you.  I am going through some similar things with my Dad right now as well. However I am lucky to live in the same town and see him several times a week.  My heart goes out to you as I know it has to be difficult not seeing him.  Be safe in your travels.

Eph so glad for a good report.

• kal_1865
    kal_1865 Member Posts: 145

PatMom thanks for the info on the lanolin cream

Lynniea hope your port "reposistioning" went well today and good luck on chemo #2 tomorrow

mjbmiller so sorry to hear about your Dad, my thoughts and prayers are with you & your family

Eph3_12 great news about your mammo!

I'm well on my way in my rads treatment, #3 today also had blood work and levels were good.

I met DH last night for dinner at a restaurant that we frequent.  I went into the ladies room and as I sat there I noticed that on the floor in a dark corner was a clear round patch with a blue X on it; it was my radiation pen mark that had fallen off of me sometime over the weekend.  I broke out laughing, first that I recognized it and secondly about the abilities of the cleaning staff at this restaurant (in all fairness the sticky patch was stuck to the floor pretty good).....

• eph3_12

kai_1865 - sure it was yours?

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

MJB- eeeh.....so difficult....the blessing in disguise is that you can now fly to visit or be with him....I am certain he will appreciate your being with him and your perspective. Safe flight.

• Sandeeonherown

Ehph- congratulations!!!! such a relief!!!

Kal- Funny in an odd-kind-of-way...thanks for sharing

• lynniea

Home now and resting everything went well.  God is so good.

• jo1955

lynn - Sending gentle hugs to you.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Lynnie, rest well tonight.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Lynniea, you done good! Laughing
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Tomorrow I leave for my yearly girlfriend weekend.  We normally do it in the fall but postponed it this year due to my bc.  My girlfriends decided we would wait until I was out of treatment so we could celebrate.  There are 6 of us and we have all know each other since we were 5 & 6 years old.  When we get together we laugh the entire time.  Laughter is good for the soul.

• Sandeeonherown

Sherryc- enjoy yourself! My surrogate siser, who came here for my BC surgery, is on her way here tomorrow am....feel bad she keeps coming when rotten things are happening. We were plannina gun get away...it will just be lower key and her driving. At least I can participate wih directions!

• jo1955

Sherry - Have a wonderful time.  You deserve a weekend getaway.