Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Waiting seems to be the name of the game for me right now.  Since the 2nd of January, I have had two mammos, 2 US, and an MRI, and am waiting for my CN Bx on Friday.  I got a preliminary all clear early in February, but got spun around On March 17th when my onc told me face to face she wanted me to have the CN Bx.

• Teklya
    Teklya Member Posts: 362

question: Can you ask for an ultrasound instead of a mammo?  Going for my first mammo in 2 weeks and anxious about it as I still have such discomfort in that breast.

take good care and have a good one!

Teklya

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Meece - What is a CN Bx?  I have not heard of that one.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{MEECE}}}} Hugs coming your way!

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

HI Ladies Not feeling good today nausea. If that is all I have I am doing well.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Carol, I take my meds half an hour after breakfast and the second tami (and now heart meds) half an hour after super. That way I have something in my stomach as sometimes I also feel nauseated....

Have my first post-radiation apointment with my radiologist this afternoon and then go back to my Gp tomorrow pm for a note giving me permission to return to work part time....Given I walked 12.5 miles this weekend, I would think it is ok....ARGH!

Annete- GOOD For You!!!! You are allowed to have fun...it is not being shallow..it is called giving yourself a break my dear. Really is! Good for you.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Teklya I have my first mammo scheduled for April 18th.  Not looking forward to it either as my brest is still has alot of discomfort to it from rads. But my rads Dr. did give me celebrex for the swelling and I am on icepacs twice a day.  Seems to be help some.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

CN Bx would be Core Needle Biospsy. This is incredible Meece that it has dragged on so long, pulling your anxiety along with it! So when is it being done?

I had to have a mammo and I've had a double mast!! I was FURIOUS as my doc had requested an ultrasound. I refused the mammo on my left LE side and they got really bitchy. I got 'the' letter in the mail a coupld weeks later saying my mammo was clean...see you in two years! YAH, RIGHT!!!!

This time I am going to a clinic, not the hospital with my ultrasound requisition. I won't get the answer right away, but as least they don't have a mammo machine to shove me in first. When I was booking it, there was quite a bit of discussion about a mammo first and I should go somewhere else, but I finally broke them down by saying they couldn't get at it with a mammo anyway!

So, be prepared for a fight!

• jo1955

Barbe - Thanks for the clarification on a CN Bx. It is probably listed on the abbreviations thread but thought is would be easier to ask.  How does one have a mammo after a double mast?  That sounds silly to me.  Glad you are standing up for yourself and not just giving in.  Don't we learn to be a bit or assertive after all is said and done with this disease.  I know I have.  What a freaking learning experience this has been.

Sandee - Good luck with your first post- rads appt this afternoon.  Hope all goes well. 

Sherry - I will be away when you go for your first mammo since dx.  Best of luck to you my friend.  I will have to try and catch up when I get back and see how it went. 

• Meece

Thanks, barbe, I have been cleaning today and forgot to check back on this thread.  I think my house will be very clean by Friday morning.  I will be leaving home aroun d 5 am and the procedure is at 9:00.  I am trying to be very positive and not stress too much. 

• barbe1958

Don't worry Meece, I'm sure we're all stressing enough for you!!!

Jo, you're going on your holiday soon, right?

• meJoy
    meJoy Member Posts: 37

Have fun Marlegal....that is sooo cool. 

• Meece

It's gonna be fine, right?  If they were really worried, they do it STAT.

• jo1955

Barbe - We leave here on the 16th and head for Galveston.  Ship sails on the 17th.  I so need to get out of here and relax for a while.  I am so exhausted from the hectic winter season - that and my assistant manager is driving me crazy right now.  I threw her in the bonfire a couple of times but she seems to keep finding her way out.  Darn her.

Meece - You will do just find on Friday (((HUGS))) coming your way.  Oh! By the way, I will be there with you Friday holding your hand. 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Meece, I am so sorry that you have had your fill of diagnostics over the past three months.  How big of a mass is the doctor seeing...something quite small that is hard to make out?  Is it on your lumpectomy side then?  I hope Friday (and the few more days til you get the results) will be the end of this latest anxiety for you.  Let me know if any improvements have been made to the CN Bx since last time.  There is certainly room for them.
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Meece, hugs coming and prayers. Holding you close in my thoughts!

• Meece

Thank you all.  The area that I showed my GP was 3cm (so she said), but it doesn't feel that big.  I actually don't touch it anymore, it gives me the creeps.  My NP said it could be hormonal, and that I am far from menopause with high estrodial levels.  It is on the opposite side from the partial. 

This morning, I was going through my paperwork from that fateful day of surgery 6 years ago.  I guess I wanted to be blind and not hear the ugly stuff.  It says "Segmental mastectomy".  I never heard that term before and so I looked it up.  It is the same as a partial mastectomy, which I found out they did after the fact.  No wonder it has taken 2 recons and I am still not all there!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

dammit Meece- I am sorry you are going through this...we will all be there right by your side. And yes, it would be STAT- docs do not like to wait nor do they ever really have to

Lynn- sorry you are not feeling so hot....:(

Jo- that is so cool- I am sohappy you are getting away.....I should come wave at you as you guys sail away!

Sandee...12.5 miles....i am tired already!:)

You are all clear Barbe...they have special powers those silly fools...I am still trying to figure out how they mammo you?  I thought I would be getting an ultrasound- I have nothing but these new boobs to stick in there and I ain't doing that....

• jo1955

annettek - I will wave back at you as we sail into the sunset.

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Hello Ladies - Hope you are all doing well!

I have been off the boards for a few days trying to get my house clean before recon surgery next week.  I am getting really nervous and will be glad when it is over!

Meece - I hope you get the answers you need real soon.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Meece, just a quick note to add my cyber hand-holding to everyone else's ... I hope they get that "all clear" answer to you as early next week as possible.
  • Meece

Thank you.  I wonder if there is going to be enough room for all of us in the room.  I'll gladaly wait outside if one of you would like to go one the table.

• jo1955

Now Meece - We will all fit and will not leave until you are done.  We will follow you to the recovery room and even home and stay with you until you feel better.

• barbe1958

Meece, if it makes you feel any better, with mine, they didn't even let me go to the waiting room to tell my husband they were doing a biopsy after my ultrasound. THAT'S STAT. I think you're onc is being cautious, you being triple neg and all. God is in your corner....or are you in God's corner...Undecided...now which way is right? I'll go on the table for you, but then you won't get YOUR answers!

Jo, kinda funny to take a vacation from a vacation spot, eh? (And yes, as you see, we Canadians do say 'eh'...in fact, we even type it!)

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Meece - Ummm , I've already had my share, thank you, Mammo, US, BSGI, biopsy, Mast on left breast and biopsy and lumpectomy on right breast and recon next week.  But, I will be thinking and praying for you  :)

• jo1955

Barbe - Hearing someone say "eh" is like second nature to me anymore.  We have lots of Canadians in our park.  The majority of then are from Ontario.

• Meece
    I was just trying not to be selfish!Wink
  • jo1955

Meece - We all appreciate the offer - you are very kind.

• barbe1958

In fact, TOO kind. Seriously.

• Meece

That's just how I roll.