Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I've been cruising, but it has been some time.  I am ready to go again.  Do they still have the formal Captain's DInner?  If so, would this be appropriate?

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

OK if I bring DH? Here is my dress for formal night.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Oh Meece that's beautiful...and you just reminded me to pack something long!  I totally forgot about that.

How about this.....think I'd fit in?

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    On this cruise, we fit in what we want to fit in.  Right, Elimar?
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I knew the WEATHER would clear once we got out of the port.

• elimar
    Meece, when I say fantasy, I mean FANTASY...so you betcha!    A-ha-ha-ha!!!
  • elimar

If we are going by jo's route, I believe our first stop will be Cozumel.  I'm ready.  Got my suit on.  People make fun of me 'cause i like to swim in my jewelry.  They are just jealous!

• chrissyb

Oh, in that case, how about this?

• elimar

That's lovely for evening.  But first things first.  The sea, the sun, and hopefully jo will be back to show us some sights.

• chrissyb

I thought these may come in usefull if by some chance I got myself lost.

• elimar

You're in the Northern hemisphere now.  That suit is the only place you will see the Southern Cross for a while. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Meece I am praying for B9 results and I will job in one of your pockets and go with you as well.  But seriously try to get someone to go with you to get the results.

Lynn glad you are feeling better

Elimar I want to join the cruise.  I have never been and have always wanted to so here is my chance.  Just suprise me with the ports. 

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

I'm so excited that I'm on a surprise cruise.  Then I won't be a first time cruiser in May!!  Here's my new swim suit

What's New, Over 50 Styles

• suzwes

Meece, thinking of you and put me in your pocket too. 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Meece wear cargo pantsso we can all fit in.(((hugs)))

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Wow!  You ladies are partying without me.  If only I could wear the beachwear everyone has picked out.  Too much fat and poochy tummy.

BarbA - Love the dress and you still have to dress for the Captain's dinner.  That guy beside you is pretty handsome - you are one lucky lady - hang on to that one.

Eli - My first stop is Jamaica.  We have leave on Sun and get there on Wed morning.  So 2 days at sea and looking at the specimens around the pool.  Second stop is the Caymans - yes, lots of money there and then on to Cozumel.  I can play tour guide.  I know where all the good shopping is in Cozumel.  

Meece - That dress is beautiful and appropriate.  I could wear that one. 

Sherry - You can stow away in my suitcase - I will make room for you. 

• elimar

Jo, since I was anxious to go snorkelling, we've stopped at Cozumel first, kind of going in the reverse order, I guess.  Those tour guides wanted to take us out to snorkel off their boats for a price, but Chrissyb and I went about a mile down from where the cruise ships docked and went in from shore there.  (That's where the guides were taking people on boats anyway  True story)

snorkelling Pictures, Images and Photos

• chrissyb

Eli, mind you don't leave me behind!  I love the sea but not some of the creatures that live in it!!!   Are there any sharks here?.........and I don't mean the kind with fins!!!

• elimar

I forgot what these firsh are called.  Jo, do you remember?

Cozumel underwater beauties Pictures, Images and Photos

The big guys are a little deeper in the water.  I guess i can't just lazily swim on the surface the way I like if I want to see fish like this.  Their lips kind of freak me out.  What kind of fish did you see?

underwater Pictures, Images and Photos

Oh-oh, swam TOO deep...and the moray eel didn't like that!  Chrissyb didn't either!!!

San Fran eel Pictures, Images and Photos

• chrissyb

I'm checking these guys out!

Clown Fish on Great Barrier Reef Clown fish Surgeon Fish (Tang)Surgeon fish

Parrotfish come in different coloursParrot FishButterfly FishButterfly Fish

141 species of damselfish in AustraliaDamsel FishCoral Trout, good looking & tasting - Great Barrier ReefCoral trout

Eli, there are so many here!  and not one shark among them!

• elimar

I love that Parrot Fish.  It looked like it had two buck teeth, and a crazy look in its eye.

Hey, I heard BarbA is missing...

• elimar

Oh!  There she is.  She found a local lounge that had $1.00 tequila shots & she's doing one with a couple of honeymooners.  OMG Barb!  It's not even noon yet.  You better pace yourself.

Joanie's first tequila shot 2 Pictures, Images and Photos

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

elimar after all we all deserve a treatment like this one.

• jo1955

Eli - We can go to Cozumel first, it makes no difference to me.  That is my favorite port.  Heck, we can stay awhile if you want to.  I don't remember the names of any of the fish - was too buzzed by that time.  I do know I saw flying fish - they are so cool.

ChrissyB - We wouldn't leave you behind.  The creatures won't bite you.  They stay way down in the water and don't bother you.

Where is BarbA - come out, come out wherever you are. 

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Meece- I understand the need to be a big girl and do it on your own.....that is how I feel right now...if I am going to be a single woman, then dammit it, I am going to do it alone and ask for help when I need it....wish it weren't so but wishing is not working these days so you have to get on with it,hmm?

Thanks for the hug Annette!

Jo- Yeah..was supposed to be heading to Istanbul in 20 minutes....not the vacation I had planned

• suzwes

Here's my Martini - it is afternoon now in the Caribbean.  My friend is helping me drink it up!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Meece- one more thought re. going alone...do you have a recorder you can bring with you ? I did that with my initial radiology appointments and it was really useful to listen again when I wasnt feeling as vulnerable. God luck my dear. Heading off to my dr to get a note so I can return to my job....feel like I am ten!

• jo1955

Sandee - Sorry you are going to miss going to Istanbul.  It has some great sight seeing.  Love Turkish food too.

suzwes - Mind if I join you?  This is my drink of choice.

• elimar

Think I'll join Suzwes for a drink.  I asked for the "house specialty," but they said, "Senora, especial para tu, 'La Americana' ...muy potente!" 

Siesta's Pool Bar - CSR Pictures, Images and Photos

I got so hungry from all the snorkelling.  This restaurant is so cute.  I'm glad they have a little "palapa" so I can get out of the sun for a bit.  Check these parrots out.  Someone said they can talk.

Xelha Pictures, Images and Photos

• elimar

How many liquors were in THAT drink?  Is it just me, or are those parrots singing, "One ton tomata, he ate a one ton tomata, ONE TON TA---MAAAAA--TA."  (Otherwise known as Guantanamera.  Those parrots must be Cuban.)

Better get some food in my stomach.  I took the liberty of ordering some GUAC for us, 'cause I love it.  Look at how they serve it here, on the half fruit.  Yummy!!!  The best part is, all the calories from Cozumel, stay in Cozumel."  More chips, please.  Enjoy!

Guacamole Pictures, Images and Photos