Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Meece...you have to make sure you wear something with large pockets.

We need room in there.

We love you.

Hugs♥

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

I love hearing eh....say it again and again Barbe:)

• Teklya
    Teklya Member Posts: 362

Sending Meece a great big (though gentle) hug.  You are in our thoughts and prayers, girl.

Take good care and just breathe. . .

Teklya

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Jo - 'eh' is more of an Ontario thing than a maritime/east coast thing ( and I can say that because I am from Ottawa but live in Nova Scotia...every time I go home for a visit, I come back to NS saying eh!)

Radiology appointment went well. I do not have to go back and he said the tenderness under my arm, breast etc, was all par for the course but will eventually go away. He was stunned by my heart attack and has made me an appointment with the oncologist to rediscuss my meds( sorry. nothing to do except take tamoxifen....how is that for scary)...but the I had no idea about not flying if you are on tamoxifen and plan on bringing that up as an issue to discuss. I did talk to my rad nurse about vitamin D and she said at the cancer clinic, they recommend 1000iu but that 2000 is also reasonable...and that yes, there are studies out there saying 3-4000 is best ....and that it would not hurt..so..another question for the oncologist.

Next appointment will be at the cardia clinic (I am going to think og it as cardio clinic...how is that for denial)...then cardiologist her self and then mammogram. Apparently I could go in for May instead of June so I am going to request a change if at alllllll possible....do't care if it still hurts...want it DONE.

Tomorrow I would have been flying to Turkey...glad to now know that tami could have affected things....(and also that tami could have been the reason why I had a blood clot...even if I am genetically disposed) but...like Breast Cancer....how can you possibly know??

Meece- hugs to you my dear...breathing with you....you can do this. Bring some music that brings you joy at least for the waiting room.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Sandee - Flying to Turkey?  Where?  When I was in the Air Force, I was stationed in Izmir for 15 months.  Seyla888 is also from Turkey.  We do have conversations on occassion in Turkish.

Flying while on Tami - I will also have to ask my onc about that.  Nothing was ever mentioned.  But then again, I don't fly unless I absolutely have to - but it would be nice to know just in case.  

Seems health care providers are all over the place about how much Vit D to take.  Who knows what is really reasonable.   

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

BIg hug out to you Sandee....just so much we have to keep on top of...but somehow, we will all figure it out:) We are not alone in this. Thta is no small thing.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Wecome to our newest Middies (even if some have been around for a while):  blondiex46, meJoy, and Teklya!

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

I am feeling much better tonight.  God is always on my side I know the lump is smaller or it is gone I go see Dr. Yang wednesday and we will see what see says.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

(((Hugs))))) Lyn, hope you get the news you are looking for on Wednesday!

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

I know God can do it.  We had a visitor minister and he told me GOD told him I was going to be great.  Trust in God and he can do all things

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Breathe, that's what I have to remember to do.  I find myself, as I turn out the lights at night, forgetting to exhale.  Then I just gasp to breathe,maybe it's the stress.  Only four more days, then a few more of waiting.  I'll wear cargo pants, they have plenty of pockets.

DH just got a promotion job which starts on Monday.  He can take me for my bx, but cannot go with me on the 14th to get the results.  I told him no problem, but I sure wish I wasn't going alone.

• chrissyb

(((((hugs)))))) Meece, perhaps you have a good friend that can go with you?  You know we'll all be there with you!  Good luck!

• Meece

No, my friends all have jobs (something I would love to have too).  I am a big girl, and since I don't plan on bad news, I'll do just fine. 

• elimar
    In 2009, I went for my Bx alone and then went back for the results alone too (well, kind of...my mom was elsewhere in the building getting her own rads that day.)   Now, having gone thru' it all once, I don't think I would want to go thru' it all a second time by myself again.  Meece, I do hope between now and then you will find a friend or relative that can go with you.
  • Meece

My only relative locally is on complete bedrest indefinitely.  My Ex would not allow me to have friends so I have few friends now.  I'll be okay.  My FDIL only has Fridays off or she would go with me.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Meecie, I'm going with you, I won't take up too much room in one of your pockets.

♥♥♥

• elimar

I woke up feeling excited...

• elimar

...and I'll tell you why...

• elimar

Middies!  A Milestone has been reached!  The thread has reached 10,000 posts.  Some of us had a lot to say, apparently.  This comes at a time when we have quite a few in treatment, or facing a diagnostic.   I don't want to detract from that (well, not for too long anyway) BUT we can't let this Milestone go uncelebrated.  In fact, I had in mind a CYBER MAGICAL MYSTERY CRUISE.  BarbA & Dawney have been recently, and Jo is getting ready to depart on hers soon.  Why should the rest of us get left behind?  Since the packing for a cyber cruise takes NO time at all, come on, let's go!   Can you guess our ship's name?  The Fantasy (of course!)   I'm glad we will have some experienced cruisers with us to show us a good time and make sure we don't miss out on any action.

• jo1955

Lynn - Glad you are feeling better.

Meece - ((HUGS)) to you. We will all be with you and you will do fine.  I am in agreement with everyone else, take someone if you can.  Let us know what happens.    

• elimar

I think we all want to head for somewhere warm...I'll go anywhere (but I'm a little scared of Aruba.)

So where are we off to?

• jo1955

elimar - What a way to start the morning.  I am a very experienced cruiser and will help all the first timers have the time of their life.  JustmeAlicia is also heading out the same weekend I am going.  It is tradition to have a drink at the sail away party they have on board.  I hope I brought enough for everyone.

• elimar
    I should have known you would be the first on board, jo!  Since the cruise is a "big surprise" we aren't all here to get on board yet.  That's o.k., we can easily pick up people along the way.
  • chrissyb

Crongratulations Eli!!!!!   10,000....WOW!!!  Have fun on the cruise!

• jo1955

elimar - Hope I did not spoil the surprise.  I am soooo excited about my upcoming cruise I don't know if I could keep a secret now.  I don't think we will have a problem getting others to come along.

Let go to the places my cruise is heading to:  Jamacia, Cayman Islands and Cozumel.  I know those places very well.  Have been there numerous times. 

• elimar

Chrissyb, you say that like you aren't coming...you better!   

All the islands sound good...Jamaica, the music and the rum...Cozumel, the snorkelling and the tequila...Cayman Is., the rich bankers for the single gals.  What's not to love?

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

I think we should hit every island (with the exception of Aruba). WooHoo!

• elimar

We can try, BarbA, why not?  Make sure we don't miss your favorite one.

I'm having a fruit plate right now.  Just a light breakfast so I look good in my swim suit later.

• chrissyb

Eli, okay, you talked me into it.  Give me a minute or two to pack and I'll be ready to go.  Are you going to stop by and pick me up or should I just meet you at the first stop over?

I thought this might be okay for the night wear

lbd17 Little Black Dress Holiday Style

lizzie cundy swimwear 9453221 155x300 Lizzie Cundy for Sandstorm swimwear         and these for the pool                                             Getting the holidays with a T shirt  and this just for hanging around on deck......what do you think?

• elimar
    Lookin' good, chrissyb!  We can easily come and get you real quick, because fantasy fuel oil doesn't cost a cent AND we have all the time in the world (before midnight tonight, that is!!!)