Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Me too!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

I have a standing appointment at 4.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Dang, my masseuse is late.  Antonio said he'll stand in though.

• elimar

I had a masseur.  He asked if I wanted "hot stones" on my back.  I told him, "Dude, I'm married."

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I found our table and our seats are all together. Let's eat. I'm starving.

• elimar

I'll be there in a minute, I have to change.  Since I'm feeling ten years younger, I think I can pull of this youthful frock, don't you?

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I love it!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Now ladies...I tend to wear my patched jeans when I want to relax...do I have to dress up r are jeans and a tshirt ok? Hope they have fish on the menu!!!

• I am so glad I timed that exactly right and showed up just in time for dinner.....my favorite part of a cruise especially when it is fancy dress night as it must be from the looks of you all.  You look lovely in your gowns.  Thank you so much for telling me this was going on Elimar.  I have my eye on the creme brulee' for dessert. 

• jo1955

Sandee - Jeans and tee shirts are now allowed in the dining rooms.  You can go casual - a nice pair of pants and a blouse.

Eli - Love the dress and the look.  And about the hot stones on the back, it is the same thing as the saying "What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

I chose this dress in my favorite color.

• elimar
    Glad you could make it Marybe!  I really don't know how many Mid-Age sisters contributed to those 10,000 posts, but I wish they could all be on the cruise with us.
  • jo1955

Marybe - So glad you could join us.  I just found out they do have creme bulee on the dessert menu.  I got one for you when no one was looking.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Here I am in my evening gown.  I'm sipping my wine and just ordered the creme brulee for dessert!

• elimar

Jo, Love the slit up the side and the color too.   Did any of you get invited to sit at the Captain's table?     

It wasn't really Captain Steubbing.  Here's the Captain.  He looks like he's two and a half sheets to the wind already.  Do we have DD for the ship?  Maybe I better steer the ship home.

• jo1955

I thought we were all invited to sit at the Captain's table and this was the photo I was given. hehehe

• elimar

What did you order for dinner?   Normally, I can't stand conch...two chewy, but everyone said the Island Spiced Scorched Conch was so good and it was the chef's specialty, so I went for it.  The secret is they pound the chewiness right out of it.

1 lb. conch meat well pounded or tenderized
                                               1/2 stick butter or margarine
                                               1 scotch bonnet pepper**
                                               1 onion sliced in thick rings
                                               1-12 oz. can coconut milk
                                               3 oz. tomato puree
                                               1/2 T ground allspice
                                               salt & pepper to taste

• jo1955

I had to have the lobster since it is the Captain's dinner.

Eli - Where is everyone?  Did they all go to bed already? 

• elimar

Did I commit a faux pas by NOT having the lobster?  I was afraid I would get into trouble being a first-timer.

• jo1955

No you did not.  You can order whatever you want.  There are usually 4 different entrees on the menu.  I don't get to eat lobster much so I take advantage of it.

• elimar

I'm going back out to the mainland after dinner.  I'm getting a taxi and going out dancing at a reggae club.  Some of you might like that, and you are welcome to come if you want to; but if you are starting to fatigue from all the day's activities, there is plenty to do aboard ship.  Feel free to stay on board and explore.

By the way, how did you all like your cabins?  First they showed me these...

You know I had to tell them we all had seen enough pink over the past few years, told them we were a whole group of B/C a$$-kickers, couldn't they do a little better?   They were so nice and immediately gave us an upgrade to these...

[Incidently, every photo used of the ship and aboard the ship is from the real Carnival Fantasy.  Now, just like the Frito-Lay company gave me a lifetime supply of Cheetos for talking up their product, likewise I expect that the Carnival Co. will step up and send me a few comp. cruise tickets.  Why not?  You know there has to be a female Carnival exec. with B/C who is lurking right this very instant.]

Have fun.  See you in a while.  Don't wait up.

• jo1955
    Eli - Wait for me - I'M COMING WITH YOU.
  • annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Yikes!  you guys left without me! Tell me which island you are on so I can have the chopper drop me off!!!!

• jo1955

annette - We are in Ocho Rios, Jamaica - Hurry we will wait for you.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
  • jo1955

Beautiful picture Sheila.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Jo _ I might have problems with my definition of ;nice jeans...they are nice because they have a pacth from everyone I love on them....but they are not ;neat and tidy jeans..will have to find a pari that fits@

• jo1955

Sandee - I found this outfit for you -  this should work for dinner.

• sheila888

Just rented this villa has 8 bedrooms. We have it until Saturday.

• jo1955

Sheila - Where are we now?  That does not look familiar.  Want to see what kind of shopping there is.

• sheila888

Its actually in Ocho Rios Jamaica. Let me find out about shopping.