Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

CONGRATULATIONS ON 10, 00 posts!!we are a chatty group!!!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

Elimar, Sherryc....getting ready to go for tests. Will find out the answers tomorrow. Gotta go back & see the dr. He's suppose to have the results then. Thanks for the concern gals. I have a very HIGH pain tolerance so when it gets to the point that it really bugs me I know I'm a hurting. Especially when it's in a part of my body I've had no feeling in for a year & a 1/2. Please keep me in your thoughts & prayers. Later gals, Leisa

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

big soft hug to you Leisa

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Leisa, are you being checked for cording and/or lymphadema? I hope so!! Also, Costochondritis, which I have, is EXTREMELY painful and can mimic a heart attack! It is a form or arthritis, but it's the ribcage that's affected.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Leisa - Will be thinking about you today. Sending a genle big hug to you.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Leisa thinking of you and praying for you.

Carol, Same for you - thoughts and prayers are with you today and tomorrow and throughout your recovery.  I had the dye injected the day before my MX, they had no problem finding the sentinal nodes the next day during surgery.

Hear ya on the hot flashes Paula - I'll add the night sweats and then the night shivers to that scream! 

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Sounds like I have one more thing to look forward to, night shivers!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477

I get the chills too. I was always the typical girl always cold. But now that the weather is getting warm it's hard to tell.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

i always prefer cold because then I can get warm...not so with the hot...arghhhhhh

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Hi ladies Hope all goes well with all that is going on.

• Meece

I am also always cold.  I jokingly say I look forward to hotflashes so DH and I can enjoy the same temps.  He can work up a sweat  walking in the rain!

• barbe1958
    I can work up a sweat sitting still!!! Strangely, if I kneel down I break out into a sweat IMMEDIATELY!!! I'm sure there's some weird medical reason but it's too funny! (besides being painful) If I sit on my bum, I don't sweat. Maybe I cut off circulation to my brain when I kneel and it can't tell me to STOP!!! Yell
  • Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

The sweating is whats getting to me.  Im so hot then if I dare tack the covers off Im frezzing.  I dont waer a wig so at work if I get on OMG I gotta run for the bathroom to take my scarf off.  I dont miss my preiod its just the darn hotflashes that come with it.  It seems like thats all I am is on big hotflash now.

• barbe1958

I have rotted through many pillows and have to put towels on the sheet and my pillow. I make sure my bedding is 100% cotton and not a percale as that has polyester in it. My nightie has to be cotton too. No more sexy, slinky stuff....sigh. Another gift from this shit.

• Meece

You girls are making me look forward so much, I can't tell you!

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477

I have been on tamoxifen for about two months. I have not gotten my periods since before october when i did chemo.  The only se i had was some muscle and joint stiffness, I dont know if it's still there right now becuase i am not focused on it since i am ony 9 days since my TE surgery now. But i can tell you at best i had some minor night sweats that i basically slept through. Nothing drenching and it ony happened a few times.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

My hot flashes were gone for two months over the Winter.  Now they are back, but they are mild.  If they stay like this, I really can't complain, but who knows what Summer will bring?

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Carrol I hope all is getting better with each day.  I know that it took abit for the tightness to let up.  Once that happened it was as different as night and day.  That was my main complaint was the tightness. 

My friendly hot flashes were brought on by chemo.  When Im done I have 5 yrs of Tamox to look forward to.  I just hope that they do get better with time cause enough is enough, lol.

Elimar and the rest, I hope your still having a fab cruise time.

Meece you are in my prayers and will stay there. 

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I get mostly night sweats now, and some light flashes which seem to come when I get stressed about something.  Hopefully I will not be stressed this summer, but I run hot/cold almost simultaneously.  Does that make since?

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

mjbmiller I have had a few of those hot/cold flashes and it feels so strange.  Don't have them regularly but have them occasionally.

• elimar

When I was young, I worked with an "old guy" (he might have been younger than I am NOW, ha,ha) and I remember him making a comment that his wife had a "comfort zone" right at 70 degrees.  If it got a few degrees hotter or colder, she would start complaining.  I'm getting about that bad, but have a comfort range of about 70-80 degrees.  Seems to be getting narrower all the time.

Estrogen is something that helps us regulate our internal body temperature.  Actually, it is the hypothalamus in the brain that reacts to low estrogen levels by failing to do it's job properly.  For me, this gives me all the more reason to tell people, "I can't help it!  I have a bad brain!"  You would be surprised at how often having a "bad brain" can get you off the hook.  Hee-hee.

BC.org has a whole factual run-down on the hot flash.  If you want to check it out, click away:

ALL ABOUT THE HOT FLASH

• Meece
  • elimar
    I THINK IT THEY CALL IT HEN-OPAUSE!
  • Meece

LOL!

• Sherryc

Elimar thanks for posting the link to the hot flash article it was good

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

I've never had a hot flash, or PMS...never even noticed menopause. Just one day, I thought hmmm....when was my last period?

• Meece

That's how I hope it will be for me.

• Sherryc

heartnsoul-lucky you, many women will be envious

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

heartnsould - That is so not right - just kidding - Lucky you.  I am jealous.  LOL

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Well, the downside to that is I have no idea if the tamoxifen is working for me because - no hot flashes!

From what you ladies describe about a hot flash, I would probably be up and down all night. If the least little thing disturbs my sleep, sometimes that can be it - I'm up for good! Sleep is a delicate thing, isn't it? Now when I see little kids sleeping, I think, "Wow..."