Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Mind now, I'm heading for the top pocket!  oops, who did I bump into?  Ummm....sorry, I didn't mean to step on your fingers.......Good luck Meece!

Thinking of you Leisa (((((Hugs)))))))

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

They will be quite concerned about me when I walk in. My breasts appear very lumpy at the moment and jiggly. Let's even out the two top pockets, please.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Thanks alot Chrissy! Those WERE my fingers!! Meece, I'm going to sit in your hair. Let me just get up there.....I promise not to pull it once I settle down......there!

Chili, because Costo is an arthritis, it can flare up at anytime. Before diagnosis I thought I was having a heart attack!! One day at work a man said "Should I call an ambulance?" and I said I don't know!!!! Very painful!!!! I take anti-inflamatories every day and still get break-through pain...sigh.

• Meece

Barbe, I already looked like I had someone living there,let me know if you meet up

with anyone.

• barbe1958
    Oh. You mean the little guy from Ratatouille? We're best friends now...! Wink
  • Meece

I was wondering why my hair always looks like a rat's nest.

• barbe1958

He's French. It's not a nest, it's a boudoir!

• Meece

Ooh. French couture. I am stylin!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

(((MEECE)))  Will be thinking about you today.  I am the one in your hip pocket - Please don't sit on me.

(((Leisa)))  Sending good thoughts and prayers your way today. 

• CynthiainChicago
    CynthiainChicago Member Posts: 7

Most doctors tell patients to exercise and believe that the exercise helps with the fatigue. While I was not my normal self, I laced up my shoes and ran. It was amazing what I could do if I just overcame the mental hurdle. I was not nearly as tired as the gloom and doomers. I was most tired around week 16 of chemo. If you are tired, tell yourself it's okay it's not your fault, but don't give in entirely.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Meece--I hanging on in your leg pocket of those new pants you got for today.

I had the metabolizer test done for Tamox and I am also an extensive metabolizer

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I woke up late, the pockets are all full.  Guess I can hang off a belt loop.

• chrissyb

Eli, there is some room left in the top pocket.......you want to share?

• elimar

congrats Pictures, Images and Photos

To our B/C sister Seyla888 on her SIX YEAR cancerversary!

• elimar

Move over chrissyb, I'm hopping in.

• chrissyb

hehe Eli.

Happy Cancerversary Sheila!!!!!!  Hope there are many, many more to come.

• Meece

I'm not even going to complain about someone's knee being in the wrong place. So happy to have you along. Wish it were in real life.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

Mecee - other than the virtual tag alongs I'm glad to hear that your husband is going with you. Good Luck & I'll be praying for you. Leisa

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Meece good luck today there for you.

Found out SIL was back in the hospital seems she was dehydrated from not drinking enough water. My dad should get out of the hospital tomorrow. Kidneys are functioning normally now but have to replace his port due to blockage. He is so ready to be out.

Well I am on Femara and have been taking it at night and my SE have been next to nothing since. I have also started taking D3 5000iu daily with walking 30 min at least 3x a week working up to 5 and it has been helping joint pains.

Doing my parent volunteering tomorrow on DS band party at a local ranch OH the sanity.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Meece - hope you are through by now and praying for good results! Sounds like your pants were quite full!

mjb - great to hear the Femara is working for you. I was a big chicken about the AIs so I'm on Tamoxifen, but I realize I may have to switch one day. Sometimes the oncs say the combination of the two works well, sometimes they don't. Day to day our info changes....oh the sanity is right! Hope your dad gets out tomorrow!

leisa - fingers crossed for good results today!

Sheila! Congratulations on 6 years!! 

• elimar

Feel Better Pictures, Images and Photos

Three DADS getting our well wishes:

Sherryc

mjbmiller

Seyla888

• barbe1958

Cynthia, I am neither a doomer or a gloomer and my physical inactivity is not mental. It's physical! Please do not assume those of us who don't run a marathon are lazy. I'm happy for you that you can run. I have a handicapped license plate, I can barely walk.  Is is kind of patronizing to post that we just have to "snap out of it" and move. I know those weren't your exact words, but that's how they came across.

• elimar

I have to mediate on this one...I think the doctor's do just glibly tell us to get out there and exercise off the fatigue, but they aren't the ones taking the chemo or getting zapped by rads, so you have to listen to your OWN body, which might be saying take a nap on the sofa.  On the other hand, if you can keep up some kind of activity level (walking, or just some exercise at home) it does make you feel better and the increased circulation probably works the toxins out of your system quicker.

Barbe, you are going out of order!  You forgot to Welcome CynthiainChicago, before having a differing opinion with her. 

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

barbe - I re read the post from Cynthia and I have to agree with you.  I am not a gloomer/doomer either and I am also unable to do a lot of physical activity.  Get out and run?  Are you kidding me?

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Meece - i joined in a pocket on a nother thread but i am small and can sit in a corner somewhere..or i could be your secretary and sit on your shoulder and record you@le tm know if you need posting
  • Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

For those of you who cannot run, You are welcome to join my on my poste heart attack walks...they are crisp but remember , my legs do not even have 26" inseams so you can all keep up with me. O promise...you have to come to Halifax to join me though...virtal walk maybe?

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

elimar...Thank You so much for all your good wishes on both threadsSmile.

And Thanks again for pushing me to open my own thread.Wink

Love to All♥

Sheila

• elimar
    You are welcome...I  am kind of pushy like that.  Hee-hee.  Innocent
  • sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    It was the right push and it workedWink
  • annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

welcome cynthia- sorry you had to join us but glad you found us