Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

You gals crack me up

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

hmmmm...we have a huge frito lay plant here ....actually just about five miles away from me...I am thinking Elimar is right, you have been HAD Meece (oops, that sounds bad:) OK, you are not a huzzy, but I am thinking you better check out Chet bit more closely the next time you, um, "chat" with Chet. There are ways he can be identified as "the real thing"...

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I didn't say he lived here, he just stops by when he's in town.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Having all that delicious snack food backing him up, he just can't keep the women off of him.  He's bound to be quite the "player."  You two will have to share him.  All I  can hope for (not living near a mega-plant, no chance of Chet stopping by) is that the seal isn't broken on my snacks and they are fresh, at least.

I cannot believe that I did not go on a plant tour (and get to "chat with Chet") when I had my whirlwind visit to the D/FW area.  What a glaring oversight on my part! 

• annettek

now, after reading all of this, I must go buy a big bag of cheetos...and eat every last one. (smacking my chops)

I will forget about chet as I chomp on my cheetos:)

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

welcome sheshe

• lilylady
    lilylady Member Posts: 478

Just found you guys-I am 53 so guess I m eligible. Every time I try to make this one of my favorites it kicks me off the site. Part of the new troubles I suppose. I am going to drop back and read to catch up with all the latest-hopefully not as far back as Page 42???

• annettek

welcome lily- you dont have to go back and read everything-hell, we repeat ourselves all the time:)

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Grammy- Guess it depends on what questions you have. Many of us are on more than one thread and ping pong back and forth a bit....ask questions...if someone on the thread seems to be speaking in terms that make sense to you ( can't express it any better than that), then simply send them a personal message and they can help out. That is what these threads are for. We are here to help one another

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Annette- hope the rest of the weekend went better...when we had a big hurrucane in Halifax 6 years ago, I could not go down to the local park..the devastation made me cry every time I got near it...I can only imagine the devastation and the emotions the destruction has brought up. Sending you a hug

• jo1955

Welcome Lily - Annette is right - we do tend to repeat ourselves so no need to go back too far and try to catch up.  We don't ask for ID here.  If you want to hang out, please feel free to do so.  This is a great bunch of gals.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Welcome Lily!  This is a great bunch of gals here.  They will keep ya laughing even though you dont feel like it.

• jo1955

Paula - You are soooo right.

• elimar

twin towers Pictures, Images and Photos

"Justice has been done."

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

GMa Foley, absolutely ask ALL the questions.. i found more answers here, than my Dr. ever told me!

welcome to ma11; and sheshe!! i wanted to weigh in on the eyes question, cause it was a REAL problem for me, doing chemo. i also have MS: so its; a big concern..

when i was doing AC: the pressure in my eye was way too high, and they had me on eyedrops.. it got worse with taxotere, and it was harrowing, blindness is a biggie with MS.. notice the next time you look at an eye chart, the first top part says MS: bc its; a BIG worry.

the good news is, the drops worked, i had no vision change, the optic nerve wasn't affected, and i don't have to use the drops anymore. i for sure, would have it cked. itching was / isa problem still. he says it'll be a long time going away, but not to worry...

its' all cked by just having a reg. eye test, where the blow a little air into your eye, and if its' a problem, theres; a solution. thats the best part.. so, go get an eye test...from an optomologist, not an optomitrist, all will be fine, either way....3jays

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Yes, elimar, you are so right:

JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED !!!!!!!!!!

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Hi everyone - trying to catch up with the many missed pages - so here goes:

Elimar, 
    I have one more Taxol to go - celebration May 12 when I have my last taxol, Although I will probably sleep through the celebration :)

I think i like the reassurance of the 6 month scans to make sure my body is keeping up the fight.  Maybe when I get down the road a bit I will change my thoughts but for now I am good with it but I am a relative newbie on the trail.

Paula - I am finding Taxol much easier than the EC was.  Maybe it's because as middies joint pain is one of the facts of life, just a bit more of it with the Taxol.  You are one of my chemo buddys and in my thoughts as well.  Hope you are doing well.

MJB
    Thank you for having us all walk with you on your relay. I am so impress with the number of laps you did.  Our town is having the relay in June and people are asking my husband if I am walking. I am kind of glad i have a scheduling conflict not sure I am ready for that yet even though i have been open about my BC.  it was strange reading the website brought tears to my eyes.  Not very me.

Sherry,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Will keep him in my prayers.

My onc just went throught the Tamoxofin side effect and said there were rare side effect with eyes but make sure I let me eyedoctor know I am on tamoxofin so she knows to watch.

Marlegal,
    Hope the trip to ny was great.  I love the energy of the city especially around broadway.  You had great weather too!

DH put off our construction project last year but i think he is getting ready to move, we start outside with a garage but then it is the kitchen which I am looking forward to having done and dreading the process.  It is the one major job we have not done since we moved in almost 17 years ago. Not really believing we are actually starting....maybe when I see the garage built.

Pink Rose,
     Hugs
    We are here with you.  I have not started tamoxofin yet - just got my Rx for it this week to start in JUne or July depending on rad ONC.

Gma,
    I agree find a thread or 2 that you feel comfortable with and ask away.  Find your comfort zone, if a thread is too much info at that time back away..This thread is great since we talk about everything and concentrate on life and not just SE! Althought I felt better knowing what to expect.

I think Chemo is somewhat dependant on if you have node involvment or any other areas of cancer. My report did not show grade or stage. I asked surgeon for stage and they did not grade ILC.

OG,
    I love the mymsk portal as well.  The test result are always posted to view with an explanation. I have scheduled all follow up with them but easier as I live in ny state. I could do Radiation more locally but wanted to stay with the slaon network.

Meece,
    Welcome back, I am working OK on the site now but still have pages of catch up to do.... had to resort to notepad-- memory would not keep up with it all :)

Welcome She She, Lilylady Ma11 and all our new posters!

My eye has been feeling more like muscle strain and seem to corrolate with the taxol and nuelasta. it was a new one for my onc.

Please keep my Mom in your prayers, she is in hospital with gall bladder issues, nothing major but will need to have it out we are hoping laproscopically but will not know until the tests are done this week.

Enjoy this week.
    Hugs Jean.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

oK 1ST OF ALL-HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE WICKED "WITCH" IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!

2nd of all, what do y'all mean we tend to repeat ourselves?  With my particular brain malfunctions due to chemo & other factors, everyday is new.....no repetition here.  I can read a book & pick it up 2 months later & read it again cause I've never seen it before!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Eph3_12  You make me laugh but on a serious note - I noticed your stats are about the same as mine.. may I ask - why did you decide on chemo? what was the reason behind it?

• JeanH

Elph

I can't really believe it is true but they say they have the witches body!  Now for peace....

I do miss my brain :)

Jean

• JeanH

Good night ladies - I do have to try and go to work tomorrow!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Jean prayers going up.

Let's hear it for our Navy Seals!!!

• jo1955

THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD AND BURIED!!!!  Makes me proud to have served in the Air Force for 20 years.

• Meece

I am so proud of our military!  To all who have served, and to all the mothers of our service men and women..

My eldest is in Bagdad right now, it still concerns me about retaliation.  He will be home soon though.

• Meece

Just as I was wrting, I heard my phone telling me I had a text.  It was DIL.  She says DS is in Washington, DC.  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Gonna join in here since I definitely qualify (appreciate no carding - I no longer look like my Driver's License photo since I'm bald now). 

Just wanted to add that I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, especially today!  Thanks to all our troops who are fighting for us.  I know it's not over yet, but hopefully soon now!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
  • elimar

Extending a warm welcome to lilylady & reesie (I LIKE the saying in your Dx line!)

JeanH,  Be sure to remind us when you finally finish the chemo.  Since Paula will be finishing up around then we will have to have a"happy dance" dance-off, to see who, of the two of you, is happier...even if it turns out to be a tie.

MJB, I'm glad Jean has reminded me...thanks for including us in your Relay For Life.  I signed up for the first time, but never heard back, so I missed doing it this year.  I was not quite ready last year.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Yay, Meece that's great to hear.  Thanks elimar - I actually didn't even think about the saying but I guess it fits more today than any other day since my dx!

• elimar
    reesie, what chemo maintenance are you doing now?  Were you a Stage IV at your initial diagnosis, or is this a recurrence from an earlier battle with The Beast?