Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Those are our BONUS scars!

(I keep editing due to clumbsy typos...and my own arrogance not to click on spell-checker!!!)

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

elimar - Or you could call them BATTLE scars - we did defeat the beast.

• elimar

I'll get back to you in 10 or 20 years on that one.  Although, I do like to say I am "cancer-free til they tell me otherwise."

• jo1955

elimar - Just positive thinking on my part.  Yes, I too am "cancer-free" until I am told otherwise.

It's off to bed for me - have to get up and go to work in the morning.

Have A Good Night. 

• elimar

goodnightsheep Pictures, Images and Photos

annettek needs to bring her flying goat back so I can count up to three.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I tried counting those Saturday night, but by the time I was finished the bedroom looked like the whole herd was here, and I was still awake!

Good Night, Middies!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

me and my goat are going to sleep:) night all:)

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Ok all talked to the oncologist,,,, now the wait for the oncotype test  to come back.. He doesn't think I will need chemo but this test can change that... hense the test ... So the wait starts.... I have another appt with him in 2 weeks. 

Elimar, It is $2500 without insurance which my insurance is used up.... so the onc office is trying to find a way to get this for me for free... we shall see.  Either way we are on the verge of bankruptcy.. Hubby is self-employed  and there isn't enough work to  support us and I am not working but paying for my part-time emergency/health insurance that ran out with the first surgery.. Lots of paperwork to try to get this paid for Undecided

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Stopping in before I go to bed.

Wanted to tell you, GmaFoley, that I am very happy for your clear margins. My Oncotype Score was 14, so no chemo for me. I was happy to have one more piece of information to help determine my tx. Hoping you have a low score as well.

• gmafoley

Thanks ValJean :) it will be a long 2 weeks but I know I've been blessed!  No matter what happens I know the Lord will be by my side and along for the ride.

• jo1955

GmaFoley - The waiting is the worst but you can get through this and I hope your onc finds a way to pay for the test.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Were here for you Gma - I pray for no treatments necessary.

Ran in to a friend at church who just had her exchange done about a month ago, said she was doing well but felt like she was always wearing a bra.  I am told that is called iron bra.  We discussed other topics like lack of info, she said her surgeon in the past would give his patients all the info.  Now he just gives enough, said it tends to overwhelm us.  WELL we are overwhelmed just by the diagnosis, I would much rather has as much information up front and then be able to process it and keep what I need.  Anyway thats my rant for the day.

• jo1955

mjb - Rant away!  You are absolutely right.  We should be given all the information and we keep what we need.  How else are we supposed to make good, "informed" decisions?

• gmafoley

Bjbmiller - I am lucky - you ladies prepared me on what to ask and I was ready with pen, paper and hubby.  Hubby remembers he doesn't take notes - we mad a great team because the stuff i didn't understand hubby remembered.  The oncologist was typing and said, "Hold on and let me catch up" - we all laughed... Oh and I found a book that really helped me prepare my heart for whatever comes my way... its called, "Dear God, They say it's cancer" by Janet Thompson - One chapter was on meeting the new oncology team.. I have lots to do in two weeks - healing for one.. oncologist did tell me to back off and rest...I'm going to need my strength later.

All you ladies, Thanks for being here for me! You all are very special...!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

gmafoley-the waiting is the hardest part.  Hopefully you will not need chemo.

mjbmiller-rant away because I totally agree with you.  It would rather have all the info and decide what I need to keep in my brain.  I found out so much more here, but I did not find this site until  a couple of months into it.

Elimar I agree with you on wanting the Dr's to explain to me how they arrived at their decisions.  That is why I ditched my first MO, he never would explain things to me.  I love the MO I have now, he always has answers for me.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

This was on Lisa (PauldingMom)'s daughter's facebook this morning.

Update: My mom went into the hospital yesterday after having low blood pressure and high pulse which resulted in her falling in our driveway. She did not break anything but they found that she is having acute kidney failure. They have been running blood tests and multiple scans throughout the night and into the morning. Please keep her in your prayers and I will continue to keep everyone updated on her condition.

I will post if I find out more.

Joni 

• jo1955

Eph - Thanks for the information and update.  I will keep Lisa in my prayers and thoughts

• elimar

Thanks for sharing that, Eph.  I had been wondering and asking about her recently, and I don't have a Facebook account to follow people in that way.  I don't think she had mets to her kidneys (and that is not the most common organ for B/C to go to) so it could be that agressive chemo is doing a number on her.  I thought she was taking a trial drug, but then discontinued it.  Post some more recent details if you can, and please write on her daughter's wall that the strongest healing wishes and prayers are going out to P-Mom from her Middie gang.

Feel Better Pictures, Images and Photos

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{{LISA}}}} Prayers going up.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Will do E

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Sending up prayers for ya Lisa!

• Sherryc

Eph thanks for sharing , will keep Lisa bathed in prayer. 

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Prayers and hugs for {{{{{{LIsa}}}}}.

Mom is doing OK thanks for the prayers, she was released today and I am her companion tomorrow. Sisters took the hospital days- they did not want me exposed to potential infections in hospital.

Paula, we will be doing the happy dance next Thursday and Friday!!!Looking forward to the break to be "normal" for 3-4 weeks before rads.

Meece, so glad DS is home. Thank him for his service. It is so hard on all of our service people and their families.Let's hope they can all come home soon.

Jean

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Joni ~ Thank you so much for the update on Lisa. I have been wondering how she has been doing.

{{{{Lisa}}}}

• gmafoley

Question about ER/PR +    Ladies, did any of you have to go on a no hormone diet or did the pill do the trick?

• Sherryc

gmafoley-I am just taking tamoxifen.  Some ladies do herbal things such a DIM.  I don't know anything about it but maybe somebody else can chime in.  But my MO did say not to add soy supplements to my diet.  I can eat soy as part of a regular diet as I did before which was not much but not to add extra or do supplements.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

This is National Day Of Prayer - Saying a prayer for all my sisters.  May the Lord's healing arms surround you all.  God Bless

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

This is an update on Lisa from her daughter's facebook page.

"The doctors are in the process of moving my mother to hospice. This morning she was unresponsive and no longer on fluids. I love her so much and am glad that she will not be in pain forever"

This awful disease is heartbreaking.

• elimar

The disease is heartbreaking AND the harshness of treatment is heartbreaking too.  I hope everyone who observes National Day Of Prayer today will add one in there for Lisa, and for those not inclined to prayer, please keep Lisa (PauldingMom) in your most sympathetic thoughts.

PauldingMom joined BC.org just a few short mos. before I did.  Her picture then was of the back of her bald head with a smiley face painted on.  Although she had Grade 3 B/C, it seemed like she had a lot in her favor and was on the survival track just the same as many Early Stage women.  After suffering some back pain, it was found that she had distant recurrence (mets) last Fall.  Lisa is 48, a daughter, a mom, and a fighter, and she always showed up on this thread with "pink hugs" for anyone in need. 

That is just real sad news.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

How is everyone Been pretty sick had last ac treatment and came down with shingles.  Not fun had echo and MRI today and pray for good results.  Just wanted to let you all know I am still here but didn't feel like typing.