Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

{{{hugs}}} to you lynniea sorry for the shingles on top of everything else.

Will keep Lisa and her family in my prayers.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Joni- positive thoughts heading your mom's way. My dad was on kidney dialysis for 3 years....it can be disheartening but a blessing too...good she fell in a weird sort of way....it led them to find out she has kidney trouble.....thinking positive thoughts

• Sandeeonherown

Lynnia....shingles...stress...your body saying "I am going to force you to stop for awhile"? I hope it feels better soon...sending you gentle hugs

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Suzette and join thanks for the updates on Lisa. Our prayers are going out for her and for her family.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Thanks so much for the update.  She as well as her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lynnia, I have been praying for you and its good to see you have left a post.  Im so sorry about the shingles and will pray that they go away and that you can focus on your treatments. 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

My thoughts and prayers are with Lisa and her family. This cr@p just stinks. Much love and warm hugs going out to the family.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

CHiming in with thoughts and prayers to Lisa and her loving family...

Lynn....sandee is so right- I have had shingles TWICE (before BC) my body was telling me to STOP....I know I loved an aveeno bath while it was healing....

• Sandeeonherown

Sending thoughts out to Lisa and her family. I have never 'met' you Lisa but my heart is seending out love just the same.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Lisa (PauldingMom) was one of the first ladies to welcome me when I join BCO.  She is in my prayers.  Thanks for the update.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

((((((((((♥ Lisa ♥))))))))))

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

{{{{{{{{{Lynniea}}}}}}}}

Hope for good results from the tests and that you feel better.

I now have dates for rads, simulation on may 31, rehearsal June 8. (missed that this was separate from simulation in research oops.) rads start June 9 for 25 sessions plus 5 boosts so that puts me towards the end of July.

Mom doing well, brought her home today from my sisters then out for a wash and set. Forgot how much pain there was after my gallbladder was removed but I can definitely empathize with her.

Jean

Jean.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Prayers out to Lisa.

• barbaraa

My thoughts and prayers for Lisa and her family at the difficult time.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

God Speed and God Bless Lisa.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

So Sad to hear the news about Lisa!!  My thoughts and prayers are added to the many already being sent!  Her posts always put a smile on my face.   (((Lisa)))

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Off Lisa's daughter's FB today:"

"My mom is so strong. She is still fighting today and is less responsive. Please continue to pray for her.

Please continue to pray for my mother. Her kidneys are not functioning and the cancer did metastasise to her brain. She is so strong and I can only hope"

• barbaraa

Prayers for Lisa and her family. Thanks for letting us know, Eph.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

yesterday the DD had written that Lisa was unresponsive & today she says less responsive.  I've messaged her on FB trying to get clarification as to whether she actually meant that she was more responsive today---Perhaps wishful thinking, but that's what I'm hoping!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Filled with sadness for Lisa (PauldingMom) and her family.  We all wanted her to have a better response to the chemo and be able to maintain for many years as some are able to do.

With Mother's Day right around the corner, I just could not get my mind very far from her yesterday.  If you remeber her story...her mom got a Dx two weeks before she got hers.  They had surgeries just a couple days apart.  As far as I know, her mom stayed cancer-free.  I cannot imagine her mom's perception on how this has all  turned out.  Keeping them all in my thoughts.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Keeping Lisa and family in my prayers. 

Lynnie so sorry about the shingles.  Not what you needed right now.  Hopefully you can rest and they will go away very soon.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Keeping Lisa and family in my prayers and thoughts.

• valjean

Still keeping ((♥ Lisa ♥)) & her family in my thoughts & prayers.

I can't stop tearing up........... 

• elimar

I'm just going to keep this handy, 'cause I am needing them too. 

• valjean

Thanx Elimar, cos I just ran out.

• elimar

That reminds me...it's been a long time since we've had a post from Kleenex.  Let's see if she might be lurking...

MARCO...

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

I'm needing the kleenex too, so upset about Lisa and she and her family are continually in my thoughts and prayers.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

((((LISA)))) praying for you....

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Praying for Lisa and all of her family. I have not met her personally but feel as if I have. She is such a positive and supportive woman with a great sense of humor. I am glad you put the tissues out because I need them right now..

Holding you in the light,

Linda

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

also praying for Lisa and her family.. just trolling by...  3jays

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Okay, it's Friday, so I'm posting as reading ... PMom ... so sorry to hear of her falling and not great news from daughter. Hope and pray for good news soon.

About getting info and making decisions - that's such a line to walk. On the one hand, we want all the info. But personally, I know I only heard about 50% of what was said to me. I really don't think there's a good answer there. If they wait till we're ready to understand, it may be too late for some decisions. If they tell us all at one sitting, there's no way (in my opin) that we can take it in. It's just reality - cancer sucks and we hope/pray our docs are making decisions for us in our best interests, or we hear just enough to ask just the right questions and get just the right answers to make our own decisions. It's so mind numbing at the time.  Aaarrrggghhh!!!  For me personally, I asked lots of questions about lymphedema, but was told I was okay.  Well, true - I was - until I developed LE almost 3 yrs later. I ranted, I raved, I cursed because I didn't think I had gotten the info I needed. Had long talks with my LE therapists about when exactly we should be told of the risks and preventions - yes, there are preventative measures you can take - and we never came up with a perfect time. Anyway, that's my curse to bear for the rest of my life, but if I can spare one woman from getting LE, which is possible, I will continue to rant on that subject. I'm still active in the chat rooms and when a newbie comes in who has had node dissection, I take her in private chat for education. Maybe that's why me, with a big mouth, was "blessed" with LE, so I could perhaps keep one person a year from going through what I've gone through.

Phew...sorry, guess I needed to vent, and I didn't even know it.  Thank you BCO for this forum to do that.

Love to all.