Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Happy Birthday Barbe!!!!!!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Happy Birthday Barbe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sunangel27
    sunangel27 Member Posts: 234

Sandee........that is so awesome!!!!!!!!!

• I voted!

Pam

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

mbj- beautiful family- you're wrapped in love which is no small thing:)

Regina- good luck my friend-we will all be with you in spirit:)

BARBE! you lil babee- HAPPY BIRTHDAY=more to follow....

• sunangel27

Sandee.........I am so proud of you for sharing your story!!! One reason: I had a sister that passed away of a massive heart attack at 27. The autopsy showed that she had had two previously.  I was there, I know one day when she had one.....and she did not go to the hospital. I was in the bathroom with her when she was putting on her make up, we were getting ready to go to our parents for Christmas eve. (I lived in Ks, and was there in La for Christmas). Anyway, she got a horrible pain from her groin up to her chest......she doubled over.  She was exhausted after........really looked bad. She wouldn't go to the hospital, I begged her to go find out what it was......... One month later.....she woke up about 2 in the morning, told her husband she couldn't breath, it was winter, she opened the window to get "air"........he finally a few minutes later took her to the emergency room, she was hurting like she had that night I was with her.   She died on the table about 5 minutes later........... SO YES, I AM PROUD Of you for going and sharing and maybe saving one person's life!!!!! :)

• sunangel27

Barbe..........HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! :) HUGS!!!!!!

• sunangel27

MJB Great story!!!!

I am walking or rather doing the "Survivors' "Stroll" here in Wichita on Saturday morning. We will be getting purple shirts and purple balloons to let go of over the bridge here. I can't wait! It seems pretty exciting to be involved in something like this. I am going around letting people know and collecting for it .  :)

• Thank you all for your votes and support.  I am too tired to stay up until the bitter end which is not til 11:59, but if I get four more votes I will end up in 17th place which I feel is pretty durned good considering I got a late start.  Thanks again to Elimar for starting the middleaged thread and to you ladies for voting for me.  Marybe

• sunangel27

Marybe, I voted........you are 17! :)

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Marybe I voted for the last time at 1:30 am when my twins were brought home from their 21st birthday bash and woke me lol

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I voted your at 16

• walker2222

Barb my son is 15 1/2 have to add the 1/2.  He is starting drivers ed this summer, ikes.

Elmar my dad's dr does not like the leukemia count and is not very optimistic.  The MO has talked with him the past few weeks on what his wishes are in regards to chemo, he decided to give it one more time.  He will continue to see the dr every week to check the counts.

Got a call from surgeons office today and the date has been pushed back to June 23rd at 7:30am.  Good time but darn it, was wanting it sooner.  I have been waiting months for this I guess one more wont make a difference, have to keep telling myself that.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Happy Birthday Barb!!!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

wow! you ladies are just "zinging" along.. i voted too, marybe.. so, im sending all the spam i get from them to you!!! lol   3jays

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

MWS, a big welcome to you, hon. You are soooo welcome here, please consider this your home away from home if you wish.

Happy Birthday, Barbe! Hope you had a beautiful day!!

Sunangel, I am so sorry about your sister.

Regina, we will be with you tomorrow. Talk to you Wed or Thurs.

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285

I don't visit often so a late hello again to everyone.  Happy birthday Barbe.  I am a member of the Harley Owners Group and this year in conjunction with two other bike clubs they are promoting a Boobs and Balls across Ireland event to raise funds for a Cancer Solace Centre in the south east of Ireland.  This site is now on Facebook.  One of the ladies from a bike club, Barbara, died earlier this year from BC.  When i found my lump i immediately thought of her and straight to the doctors.  We need the awareness to keep people educated and to push for more funding.  Pink, purple, walks, runs - whateever it takes ladies. 

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Hey Middles, it 3am , woke up again! Trying to sleep surgery eve it hard!

I get so much  out of your all post  ! Thanks,  So Much going  on you all make me Laugh & cry! Praying for all of you going thru treatment & doc appts etc!

Reading the post! Thinking of all of my Middles !  I 'll check back after I am home from Hospital!

{{{hugs}}} Gina!

• Well, it is over and now I will quit hounding everyone for votes.  I ended up at #16 which I think is very respectable considering if you look at the list of all those who enter, I think there are way over 3000 entries.  I could not have gotten as far as I did without the help of the BC.org threads and am so pleased the way you middle-aged women jumped in and helped an "older" broad out. Since age is just a state of mind, I will be coming back here off and on to check in with you because I had forgotten what a terrific thread this was.  Thanks again.  Marybe

Good luck with your surgery, Gina.  

• Gina

Good luck and I will be sending up prayers for you today

Marybe. A respectful finish. This is a great thread one of the few I always read

Liz

• sunangel27

Praying for you Gina! And here's a big hug ((((((((((((((((((((((GINA))))))))))))))))))))))

Marybe.....that's great!

Bernie....that is awesome!!!!        The purple is for ALL cancer's. I will walk in the BC one this year too when it is here. This one I just found out about from a woman at the drs. office and just couldn't resist in walking with them all  

That is great about the bike run!!!!!!  I love bikes...have ridden all my life........my dad rode when I was growing up.

Enjoy your day ladies!! Hopefully this will be a pain free day!! I am not hurting this morning!!!!! Gee I am just praying it lasts!!!!!! :)

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Gina - Good luck today - best wishes for a speedy recovery  (((GINA)))

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{GINA}}}

Marybe, great finish!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Thinking of Gina....

MBJ at least you have a date now! So much for their theory about only being able to let you know a week or two ahead, eh?

• ReginaR
    ReginaR Member Posts: 97

Checking with my Middles before I leave for Hospital! Thank you all so much! Your support is awesome & has lifted me up. Thank you !

Well got go  , Got my lipstick on & Iam ready to "Get R Done" I will check back in a few days! Love ya all GinaKiss

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

{{{{{{{Gina}}}}}}}

Yay Marybe, you are sweet 16!

• walker2222

Barb - I was asking myself the same question.  Hospitals!

Marybe - congrats on you being 16 again.

Gina - Hugs to you, hope and pray you have a quick recovery.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Gina good luck and keep us posted

Marybe way to go girl, I was glad to help

mjbmiller so for the news on you dad, I was hoping things would be better

Sunangel thanks for sharing your story, it just made me cry.  I have 7 brothers and always wanted a sister.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

YAY Marybe. well done!{{{{{{{{{GINA}}}}}}}}3jays

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Rest Up, ReginaR: