Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Dawney. Oh so sorry to hear of your ordeal. I can't imagine the assault on your body. Prayers for a quick recovery and no more complications

Paula66. What a wonderful son you have. It always amazes me how great kids can step up. You must have done a super job at raising him to be a fine man. Some women is going to be very lucky

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Barbara, the threads aren't very active this morning.  Is that because the rapture has happened on the East Coast already?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Meece, it would hit here first if it's to follow the sun but I'm still here!.........maybe it missed me.

• Meece

I had a coworker announce, as he left yesterday, that he "Hoped" he would see us all Monday.  I told him if it happened I "hoped" I wouldn't see him Monday.  It was so funny watching him backpedal.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

We aren't supposed to have it hit until 6PM which is 8 hours from now. I will keep you posted.

• chrissyb

If it was supposed to hit at 6PM, then it missed me alltogether!  It's now 11.04PM 5/21 so I think the time has well past.

• Meece

Where does the guy who predicted it live?  I heard it was supposed to hit at 3 pm here.  I remember in the 70s someone prdicted it, and our neighbors had a huge group of people gather at their house and pray all thay day.  I ofter wondered if they were praying to be taken or praying that they had more time on earth.

• chrissyb

Meece it truly does beg the question doesn't it?

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

I was just wondering if I should have called and cancelled my dr appts that I have scheduled for next week?

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Don't cancel, reesie.  THIS rapture was for prairie dogs only.  Maybe some squirrels. 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

I saw this a little while ago.

• elimar

Wow!  That has got to be a bummer for the After The Rapture Pet Care business.  (Google it.  It's for real.)

• SmilerB
    SmilerB Member Posts: 1

I am 44 years old. I have had a lumpectomy and auxilliary clearance due to Grade 2 Breast Cancer. I am now halfway through Chemo...feeling very low as I have just finished a 6 year relationship...it didn't work before the Cancer...two families that couldn't be one....I thought we could fix it and have had a difiicult five months on the rollercoaster of the relationship and dealing with the ops and now Chemo........I just need a boost to know that there is someone out there who is in the same boat? :)

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

We're all in the same boat sweetie!! We just have different models and motors and colours of boats. But we're all somewhere beside you on the river of life. Stay a while and read and nourish your heart and soul. Welcome to the club no one wants to belong to!!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Barbe-that was beautiful! 

SmilerB you can only post 5 times a day supposedly until you hit 50 posts, but you can PM to your heart's content-that when you click on someone- say Barbe1958. It takes you to her profile & there's a button to click on to send that person a private message. 

I was just getting on here to let y'all know it's 12:04PM PDT & I'm still here! 

• elimar

SmilerB, welcome!   I don't have too high an opinion of the men that pick this time to bail out.  Hope your kids are a source of support and help for you.  I am not sure if we have anyone on this thread that went through a break up or divorce during their treatment.  (We do have someone that was dating and found a new hubby during her treatment!)   I am putting a link to a recent thread that I saw, in case you want to check it out:

Husband filing for divorce

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388

SmilerB - Welcome to the place that none of us wishes to be. There are some threads on the subject of non supportive husbands or husbands that left all together. I'll see if I can find one and point you in that dirction.

Jenn

• elimar

Eph, I thought I was the last to know, but the 5 post limit for newbies was lifted in March. That's a pretty good thing, 'cause you know how we have a million questions in the beginning.   There is only one case I have seen where a newbie went a little overboard and was opening a thread or two every day since she joined for every question she could think of rather than doing a search for existing threads on the subject and posting her question on those.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

chrissyb, yes I certainly will pray for steady hands hon :)

smiler, so sorry that with all you're going through a jerk had to make his true colors known. I'm very active in the chat rooms of bco and have met many women who went through similar circumstances unfortunately. I know it probably doesn't feel like it now and I don't want to throw platitudes out there but you really will find that you have an inner core that is stronger than you realize. I too hope your kids are a source of support for you right now. I hope your side effects from chemo aren't too bad and that you get through the second half quickly and safely.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

E, that's the story of my life-----always the last to know!

By the way, DD is out on her 2nd 1st date!  The 1st 1st was prom on 4-29.  Tonight is with a different guy, & she seems quite taken.  Egad-----I remember what my 2nd 1st date led to!  Fortunately, she's a much better kid than I was! (I think!) 

• marlegal

Joni - lol - the 2nd 1st date huh?  for me it was my 3rd 1st date!!!!  On the plus side, I'm still with the oaf 34 yrs later :>)

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Hi everyone,

Just caught up with everyone. Been slammed at work working too late...

Gone glad to hear yoU are feeling better.

Barbe, hope you enjoyed your birthday. I turn 53 in June.

There have been so many interesting topics brought up in the past few pages and so many wonderful posts I loved annettes, my brain will not keep everyone name and posts together without notes. The definition of survivor does fit all of us. I love the thrive part. I am trying to not let BC control my life or define who I am. I do speak freely to people about my treatment and encourage people to get checked. I have a friend who has not had a mammogram in years and she is my age...I would not have found my BC if it was not for my annual mammogram/sonogram. One of my coworkers thanked me because a friend was diagnosed and she felt she could identify more because of watching me. Awareness helps but October was overwhelming to me this year as I was just wrapping my head around the diagnosis and all the signs and pink were everywhere. Our rfl is June 4 I cannot make it as it is my sisters 50th, but I was choked up reading the website and realizing I was a survivor....

I think the picture is a human hair.

I love that so many of you keep house just like I do. Iwas never great and this year it has been back burnerered even more. The good thing is no one expects it to look great while I am in treatment.

I did say prayers whe requested hope all is going well.

I laugher at the rapture pictures. My DS had just told me about the guy who was charging people to look after the pets after the rapture so I burst out laughing with the photo and the follow up comment.

• JeanH

Thought I lost my post but it actually posted...

Paula how are you doing. I did your happy dance as we were driving to dc. DS had made the finals of a rocket contest and we were off to see them launch in the finals on Saturday. I was so happy being done with Chemo sort of forgot has to still deal with the after effects.

On the issues of sleep the hot flashes fro taxol are what disturbs my sleep most, bathroom breaks are there too. Going to try and and calcium and magnesium to the vit d.

I start tamox after rads, why no benedryl? That was not mentioned to me.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Glad we are all still here :)

Jean

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Hi Jean Im doing alot better.  The SE are gettn better and today I was a bundle of energy.  It was nice to have that feeling back.  How are you doing.  I got to do yur dance and then I did mine.  Im so glad to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I know it was a few months, but some of those days seemed like ore then 24 hours were in them.  But we did it,YAHOO!!  I am suppose to start the Tamox on my in 2 more weeks.  I also am suppose to take 1 baby asprin a day.  Did your ONC have you start that?  I was clueless about the benedryl also.  You take care and keep doing what your doing!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

welcome smiler!!

• JeanH

Paula,

The RO wants me to wait to start tamoxuntil after rads are done, but no instructions on the baby aspirin. Will check it out. I have the rx and the mo said back in 6months unless there is an issue. I am doing good, the hot flashes are starting to get to me though.

Take care

Jean

• marlegal

NEWSFLASH... for anyone currently undergoing treatment, check out the organization Cleaning for a Reason - they offer FREE housecleaning service to anyone undergoing active treatment (as opposed to ... say ... tamoxifen)

http://www.cleaningforareason.org/

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

welcome smiler...barbe said it well...as for finding out about the jerk sooner rather than later-not such a bad thing in the bigger picture. All the good times and sweet words make no difference is someone is not there when we truly need them. You are not alone, although I wish none of us had to be here, it is a safe haven and we truly can help each other. We'll all help you get through this as you focus on you and your health- when you make it past that we'll celebrate - this crap kicks our butts ...but we do heal and we do get to a point where we believe in dreams again

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

smiler, you won't realize this now, but not having to worry abour your husbands needs and wants and demands and feelings while you are going through all this will make it much easier!!! Trust me on this one. Kids would eat peanut butter and crackes or KD every meal...a husband wouldn't! Kids don't care if the bed is unmade or you lay in it all day while they are at school. A husband would look for proof that you were up and about doing something constructive. You won't have to play down your own concerns to make HIM feel better. It may sound cruel, but I ignored my DH during my surgeries except to keep him in the appointment loop. It was MY shit to go through and I didn't want to have to explain everything to him. He was on a 'need to know' basis.

• elimar

JeanH & Paula66, diphenhydramine inhibits the enzyme CYP2D6, which is what your liver produces to metabolize Tamoxifen.  It is not only in Benadryl, but many, many cold/allergy preparations.

Do not wait for your MedOnc to go over drug interactions with you.  Mine sure didn't.  I do think something was listed on the information sheet that I got when I filled the prescription, so read that over.  Most pharmacies put those sheets into your Rx bag, but if not ask them to print one out for you.  Of course, you can always Google to see the interactions...there are a couple dozen drugs that also act as inhibitors, or that interact in some way so make sure to inform yourself about the drug you may be taking for 5 long years.