Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I can hardly wait to find out what that WEEKEND MYSTERY PIC is.  (See page 372 if you haven't put in a guess already.)

• Carrol2
    Carrol2 Member Posts: 1,477

FYI about Cleaning for a reason they cannot always find someone to clean your house even if they are active in your area.

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Thank Elimar,

I always read those inserts I will make sure to check the one for Tamoxifin when I get it as you said it is a 5 year ride we should make sure it works!

Jean

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Baby aspirin - I was never told to take that after rads or during tamox ... I had an episode a year or so ago where I lost partial vision in my left eye ... a rare arterial occlusion ... and my primary started me on baby aspirin at that point just to be on the safe side.

Carrol, sorry you found that situation with Cleaning for a Reason. Since I'm in the Phila, PA area there were always plenty of companies who participated ... I confess I never thought about less populated areas.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Marlegal my Oncs PA had told me it was to help keep the blood thin.  One of the SE of tamox is clotting.  He asked that I take it as a preventive measure.The clotting is uncommen but he still thought it best to take the baby asprin.

• elimar

Photobucket

Had a double rainbow today...two complete 180 degree arches.  Would have been a little freaky if this "stairway to heaven" had showed up yesterday for the non-Rapture.  It was almost over my house, so could not get very much of it into the pic.

• Teklya
    Teklya Member Posts: 362

breathtaking, isn't it?

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Hey Middies - Been MIA for a while. Needed a break.  I need to go back and do some reading to catch up - maybe I can get to that tomorrow.

The picture of the double rainbows is too cool. Thanks for posting it Elimar.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

posting as I go

welcome newbies

vhshea - very, very good, righto kiddo, it is indeed an up close shot of a squirrel leg. Sorry can't help with the recon question, only had a dmx, no recon

Jenn3 - also good guess

Dawney - glad you're feeling better

vhshea - since you are the winner of the mystery picture, it's your turn to pick next weekend.

Good guesses everyone.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Barbe, words of wisdom as usual. 

Smiler, I'll come along side and be your tugboat.  My Ex husband was a self centered man, although I stuck with the marriage for 22 years.  When I found my lump I knew what it was and chose that time to end the marriage.  I didn't tell many people about the BC and ask that it be kept quiet.  It isn't easy to go through BCwithout a supprtive significant other, but it is do-able.  I met my DH during chemo, after I had lost all my hair and was going through all the SEs of treatment.  He was a friend (and distraction) during that time.  And after everything was completed, he became my boyfriend and 21 months after diagnosis, he became my husband!

Elimar & Eph, I must be the last to know because you were the ones who imparted that little nugget of information to me!

• naty41
    naty41 Member Posts: 5

My mastectomy and lymph nodes  removal were done on May 19.  At 2am on May 20 I asked to walk to the bathroom and continued to be active during my stay at the hospital.  I was discharged on May 21. I have not had much pain and only take pain medication 2 or 3 times in a 24 hour time span.  I have learned how to empty the drain bulbs and so far haven't had trouble with drains. Today, I have to call the Surgeon and schedule an appointment for this week and also call the Oncologist to find out when they will see me.  The surgery was not as bad as I thought. I worried about it, imagining a lot of pain but it wasn't so.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Naty41 }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

loving rainbows and when I go that will be my signal to people that I am watching...they are also thanks so much for posting them, one is really prominent and the other one no so much, loving them!!Kiss

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I was out for my neice's graduation this weekend so missed the contest, next time.

Welcome newbies

Vhshea - I live just north of you in Frisco.  I will PM and see if we can get together.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

leisaparis-how in the world did you get a close up photo of a squirrels leg? And Vshea, how in the world did you guess that? 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

I'm with Joni, what the heck? You guys been smoking that funny stuff? I had no clue..not even remotely.

• elimar

Once vhshea guessed "squirrel leg" that was all I could see, and then leisa does have a squirrel pic for her avatar so I figured that was going to be a winner. Good job, vhs!  Check in and relish the awe of the Middies for having such great powers of observation.  Yes, it is now up to you to challenge us next weekend with a new mystery pic.

• elimar

I went to my MedOnc this morning.  I only go there every six mos. now, and this was the first time I saw a nurse practitioner.  I must be on "low priority" now, but that's a good thing, right?   Actually, I liked this woman a little more than my male doctor, although I did stump her with questions like, "Percentage wise, how much more likely am I to get ovarian cancer now?" and "What's the latest about Tamoxifen and hearing loss as a side effect?"  Guess I will have to inform myself on those the best I can AND THEN PAY MYSELF FOR THE CONSULTATION.  Aha-ha-ha!

Have to wait to get my lab results mailed (but I told them to call if something serious showed up.)  I am in suspense to find out my recheck on Vit. D levels.  This is the first recheck I am having after a year of supplementing.  

Good Luck anyone going for follow-ups this week.  Hope I have gotten things kicked off on a positive note.

• leisaparis

I had this friendly little squirrel in my front yard tree. My dogs had been barking at him and he just sat there looking at them like they were stupid. So I took the dogs in the house. He stayed there so I grabbed my camera went back out and took some pic's of him.

Here he is just hanging out and relaxing.

• leisaparis

I had this friendly little squirrel in my front yard tree. My dogs had been barking at him and he just sat there looking at them like they were stupid. So I took the dogs in the house. He stayed there so I grabbed my camera went back out and took some pic's of him.

Here he is just hanging out and relaxing.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

That is one relaxed squirrel! 

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

I love it.  My dog has taken to letting herself out when we come home to greet us (well then and when the pizza delivery guy comes - I told my boys they order too much pizza when the dog starts greeting the delivery guy like he's family).

She's pretty good unless she sees a squirrel - then she takes off after it.  Of course I don't think she would know what to do with one if she caught it Smile

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

My dog loves to chase squirrels at the park.  Most get away but sad to say she has caught a couple and not a pretty sight.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

My dog gives the rabbits a good run for their money - he has never caught one but it gives him some good exercise.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

E-I forgot about that flapper dancing program we were all at.  No wonder my knees ache these days!!!!

• elimar

My dog usually barks if someone comes to the door, unless it is a pizza delivery person.  She knows the word for pizza, so when I tell her that a pizza is coming, she will go and lay on the welcome mat right in front of the door...wouldn't want to miss a delivery.  (She thinks squirrels and rabbits would make good pizza toppings. That's a houndog for ya'.)

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

And they say dogs are dumb animals.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

My lab loves to chase squrrels, rabbits and cats, but he has t Rex syndrome. If they stop he can't see them.

My dad is back in the hospital because his white counts are to low and has a bit of a fever. Needs some transfusions and platlites.

When we went to KS for my niece's graduation we missed my son's band banquet and he got an award for best performer in concert band II. Felt bad that he missed it.

• elimar
    Eph, I don't see how you could forget that we went out and kicked up our heels at that Roaring 20's party (but then you also forgot to wear undies under your flapper skirt, you silly girl!)  I don't know if "chemo brain" can get you off the hook on that one...however, your chemo hat was never more stylish than on that occasion.
  • neecee
    neecee Member Posts: 125

Hi all!  I just found this forum, and would like to join in.  I had lumpectomy surgery last month, began my chemo (T/C) today.  I am in the middle of middle-age, and trying to work full-time through this.  No kids, just a very attentive hubby.  I look forward to meeting all of you!

• elimar

mjbmiller, that's too bad your dad had to go back to the hospital.  Hope you get to keep him home once they get his blood count back up.

What instrument does your son play?  I seriously love when kids get recognition for their school successes.  It's so encouraging.  But haven't you heard...unless you want to keep missing those banquets and events you simply must get yourself a clone.  Sure, they are expensive, but well worth it.  You'll never have to miss out again.