Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

E-Cheetos would probably be #4 on my list & I have to ask-What is sex?????????????????

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Eph, It's what eating lots of chocolate is a substitute for.  (And that is not even a comment based on your three things, because I've been saying that about my own choco-holism for years.)  Tongue out
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Eli, I have to see if faced with choosing cheetos or chocolate I would chooose.........drum roll......... CHEETOS!!!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

mjbmiller so sorry about your Dad.  hope he can get his strength back.  Just saw Super 8 and it was very good.

Reese-congrats on things seeming to be better and now you have a plan.

OG55-keep that belly fat.  I did not think I would need it and started working out because I want to fight this BC crap.  Now I am going to have a BMX and need the fat and don't have enough.  So I have to gain 10-15 pounds and get some belly fat going.  I have a little just not enough. Dr said not to worry he will remove it all when we have the surgery.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Reesie, wonderful news!  I am thrilled for you.  I am in Philly, what hospital are you getting treated at?  I'm at UPenn.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

reesie - I had to smile, too, when I read what your onc said to the other doctor. That's the best news ever! Especially when it's not to your face, but something a doctor says about you. Most excellent! 

sandee - congratulations on one year! Make sure to enjoy your favorite 3 things! 

eli - you and I have the same favorite 3 things! Just the other day I stopped the car to smell the honeysuckle. I had my son with me and since we don't have any in our woods, I wanted him to enjoy the smell. I think I'm going to try to actually grow some around here. I know it's an invasive weed, but I love it. Besides, nothing is as bad as the freaking "invasive" English ivy growing rampant around here. And of course, the rock music and laughing - my son and I laugh a lot around here and rock music is so big to both of us. We're always making up music games, plus he has the whole house wirelessly rigged up with these nice speakers so we can turn it on in almost any room with our iPhones. Sometimes we play dueling iPhones, but I usually win because I'm the "boss" - riiiight.

About the SAM-e: my doctor actually recommended it to me for my fibromyalgia because he has fibro, too, and uses it himself. I like it for sooooo many things, but I can definitely tell it helps me stay in an "up" mood. I see my MO in on the 28th, so I'll double-check with her about it being okay to take with Tamoxifen. 

• elimar

HnS76, Same three things, and you also have fibromyalgia too? Don't look now, but we might have been separated at birth. Hope you got to do those three things for your cancerversary back in May. 

I picked up some SAM-e today.  No one told me it was $40!  Yow!  (Walgreen's did have it BOGOF, so $20.)  The package said it is 7-14 days to notice a difference and I've started it.  I should be able to judge the results by the osteoarthritis in my lumbar spine, and by how crippled my feet feel from fibromyalgia the first thing every morning.  If those things improve, I'll automatically be in a better mood.  Will post on here, one way or another, how my latest experiment turns out.

p.s. Taking it with B Complex is supposed to help it work/absorb.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Thanks everyone!

Kay, I go to Einstein. I love my docs and my infusion room nurses.

Honeysuckle is my favorite too! One day I'm gotta get some to grow in my yard. And it's the best use of the word invasive than I've seen in the last 7 months :)

Oh and I finally remembered to get my path report so I updated my signature.

• elimar
    LOL (comment about Honeysuckle,) reesieLaughing
  • carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Ah honeysuckle so sweet it is!!!!

I went to see Bridesmaides last night with the girls, first movie I have gone to see at the theatre for probably 20 years.  Parts are a bit raunchy but the movie made me laugh.  I make sure I take the time to go out with the girls, smell the roses, (all flowers), stay in touch with my many sibs, I am a true Middie,middle of 3 girls, middle of 7 children and middle age!!!  I really appreciate all the good things in my life.

Sandee congrats, every cancerversary is important!!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Hey girlfriends :)  Still somewhat out of touch while renovations continue in our house. We're at week 5 of a 5-7 day job!! I heard it from so man people, yet really thought "our" guy was different and it would really be done - at hte outside - in two weeks.  The upside is that my downstairs is really transformed and I'm loving it. Lots of touchup needed, but no final check will be written until I'm satisfied.

Happy for lots of your news, hopeful and encouraging for other parts. Just know that I love reading every single post even when I don't get to come every night or even more than once a week.

Hugs for Friday everyone.

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Hi guys,

Been AWOL for awhile hope all is well - wanted to drop in say hello and let you know I did not drop off the face of the earth. Handling rads ok, the driving too and from is what really stresses me out and losing 2 hours a day is backing up my workload >> more stress. I have one more major meeting next week and hopefully things will slow down a bit. Feeling tired and twangy so I should head off to bed. Thinking of all of you.

Sanders congrats on the cancerversary :)

{{{{hugs to all}}}}}

Jean

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

will have to try the sam-e & b complex

chrissyb - did I miss the mystery pic? what page is it on?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Ooops girls Sorry!!!!   Here is the mystery pic!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Jalepeno Cheetos over Chocolate!!! Tongue out

Well, such great advice from everyone - elimar ~ I love music & plan to get the CD's in the changer & crank that puppy up again ! I used to always have it on & have so gotten into having the business news on all day (depressing), that I got out of the habit. And, I think I will get out to that flower bed of mine & smell the flowers again.

Carrol2 ~ You inspire me with your going to the gym & WW. Just tonight I DVR'd a kettleball exercise program to try out next week. Don't have a k-ball but I can use a gallon jug with sand (?) in it, I'll find something. I would love to do Zumba but don't want to pay for it. I have turned on those infomercials - I could just watch that & pick it up here & there enough to get some movement going.

need to do this. I need to add some positive things happening as Carrol2 has said.

At for being a middie, when I mentioned finances in a previous post, I feel like the lady who said to the President that she never thought she'd ever have to revert back to the beans 'n franks days again. (or something close to that). I sure have thought a lot about my life up to this point (I'm 59) & what I would/could have done differently. My girls are grown & married, & we can't even begin to think of retirement at this time in this economy. And we don't even have parents to be caregivers of. (my in-laws are out-of-state & my Dad is married to a younger woman-that's another story in & of itself!)

reesie ~ Don't you just love it when people are talking about you? (re: the comment "Have you seen her lately?") YES!

I do realize it is up to me to move forward. It's just something I have to learn how to do.

Hugs to all !

Sandee ~ Congrats on your 1-year cancerversary!!! Cool

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

hhhmmmm......i'm saying mattress or mattress pad cover

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jean I remember those days. I had a 50 minute drive to and from rads and worked part time.  I slept all weekend long.

Chrissy-I will say clouds.

• Slainte
    Slainte Member Posts: 55

I agree, mattress cover, or snowy ground ( I'm Canadian lol)

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

clouds, or skin....3jays

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

I was thinking a leaf of sone kind.

• barbaraa

skin

• suebak
    suebak Member Posts: 31

Hi ladies-Been sitting her for the last hour reading threw this thread.  Hope you don't mind if I join in here.  I am 48 and was diagnosed in March with IDC. This thread describes my life. Married, raised 4 kids, all out of the house, and BAM breast cancer. It sucks, but this site has really helped me, even if I just sit and read.  Trying to return to a normal life, but it is difficult when you are running to radiation treatments every day before going to work. I am having a poor me day and it is only 7:30 am, I guess it is going to be a long one.

Kay-I read on here you are going to U of Penn, I too am being treated there. 
    What a great team of drs

• chrissyb

HI Suebak and welcome to good place.  Make yourself at home and jump in anytime you like.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Welcome Suebak!  I love my doctors, although I wish I didn't need them.  I live in Media; we're neighbors!  I'm also 48, but I still have a 13 y.o. at home.  Hope to talk to you more here.  I wonder if our paths have crossed at the Pearlman Center.  It seemed like I was there every day for a while.  I get a kick out of that lady that stands at the top of the escalator.  You'd think she'd recognize me by now.  Everytime I go up that escalator, she asks me if I need help to find where I'm going.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Sueback - Welcome to a great place for support.  These ladies are great.  Come often and jump right in on the conversation.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Hi all!  CONGRATS Sandee!!!!!!!!!!!  Im so happy for you.  Its been one heck of a your for you and Im glad that this day has come for you!!.  Enjoy!!

Welcome Suebak, this is a nice place to be.  The gals here are great.  

JeanH Im so glad to see your post.  I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were. I figured with work and rads you were really busy.  I hope it gets better for you.

Well its gonna be a rainy day here, yuck.  I gotta go out of town and hate driving in the rain.  Oh well.

• chrissyb

I'll repost this to keep the momentum going.  This is the mystery pic for this weekend!

No one has guessed it yet!

• elimar

I think it looks like snow too, but since someone has picked that already, I will go with a kleenex.

• elimar
    Welcome to suebak!  How far along are you on the rads?  Hope you are getting by with minimal S/E's.  This thread has a whole contingent of ladies in the Philly area, some of whom have welcomed you already but there are a few more too.
  • barbaraa

I still think it looks like skin.