Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options
    Meece, spoil, spoil, spoil!  Glad to see you got him some cool baby shades already.
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Meece - how adorable.

Eli - One of the reasons I joined this thread was because I did not want to talk about daycare and listen to stories about diaper changing,etc.  It may sound a bit selfish to some but DH and I were not able to have children of our own.  I do love to see pictures of grandkids.  Also, I love the idea that we can be serious when we need to and have fun at the same time.  I have made so many new friends here and I am forever grateful.  I would not have made it through this journey without all the love, support and incredibly good information.  I wish I had found this much earlier in the treatment process - I would have asked a lot more questions and probably made some different choices.  That is all behind me now and I am just going to keep looking forward. 

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

LOL, Meece! That looks like a postcard! So cute!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHERRY! Hope you have a fun day! 

• Ainm
    Ainm Member Posts: 362
    Options

Haven't posted here for soooo long but just popped in to see what was being discussed and noticed you are celebrating 400 pages so I just wanted to become a little part of that milestone!!!  Hello to everyone and Meece - he looks good enough to eat!!! (Just joking :D)

heartnsould - love your little kitten!

Must remember to pop in here more often.  Hugs to all!! 

• jo1955
    Options

Ainm - Glad to have you back - don't stay away so long - we have missed you.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

400 pages & a couple months shy of 2 years!  This thread is on my favorites & I would miss y'all so much if you weren't here!

Now, who is gonna start the new virtual man to celebrate 400 pages!?  You know my preference for Antonio but I'd like to throw Bradley Cooper into the mix this time around too!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

thank ya'll for all the B-Day wishes it has been a great day.  Went to eat with the inlaws then went to my parents to see them and then my oldest son showed up with all the grandkids and they have been here all afternoon.  I have to tell a funny I started shelling my blackeyed peas and none of the kids had ever done it and wanted to help and they all thought it was so much fun.  They had no idea they were really working!!!!!!!!!!  So blackeyed peas are finished thanks to the kids. 

Chrissy so glad I guessed the picture.  I will be out of town but I should be able to get on the computer and post something.  The rose is beautiful

• Sherryc
    Options

Don't know if many of you here on this thread have dense breast tissue as I do.  I learned today that Texas Govenor Rick Perry signed into legislation that all women have to be informed of how dense their breast tissue is.  They are also working on legislation that Dr's will have to inform us of all treatment options.  I so hope that passes because I was one that was not told of my treatment options.  Think I would have made some different dicisions had I been informed.

• elimar
    Options

Good to hear from you Aimn!   Last I heard, you were doing great on the ELAB thread, congrats!   We just got a new Middie from Ireland, let me look back and see who it was...

Bernieellen is her name. 

• Sherryc
    Options

Ok gals I have my picture ready and will post it on Saturday.  I won't be home until Sunday evening so it might be late when I post the winner or maybe even Monday morning.

• elimar
    Options

Sounds like a plan, Sherryc.

• elimar
    Options

I've evacuated the kitchen.  There was a lot of man and boy tag team cooking going on tonight, so you might as well say a cyclone blew thru' there.  It's hard to describe the meal...I guess it was something like a chimichanga, or a fried calzone.  It starts out with some dough and has some brisket and vegetables and cheese inside, and it got cooked in a skillet, but we have so many spices that they were all different:  barbecue, Thai, Mexican, Italian.  Father's Day Special.

They are all cleaning up now.  (Then, I'll go down and really clean it.)

• jo1955
    Options

Sherry - I second that on the legislation.  If there had been such a law last year I know I would have made some very different treatment decisions.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Options

I probably would have made a different decision as well.

• jo1955
    Options

Meece - Love the new avatar.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Awe Meece, that little man looks so serious in his shades!  He's beautiful!!!

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    Options
     (5-09 Bilateral Pleomorphic LCIS)
    Diagnosis: 5/30/2008, IDC, <1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-
  • walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    Options

Sherry Happy Birthday

Meece congrats what a great pic you are so blessed.

So I missed guessing the picture again I will have to be more active on the weekend. Was real busy yesterday getting my new range installed by DH. Had it del. 10 am and was working by 3 pm. We has some kitchen modifiecations to do. Started cleaning counter tops that led to cleaning the pantry to cleaning the lower cabinets to a trip to the hardware store. Really enjoying it after two weeks with out.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Sherry ~ I'm a bit late, but I wanted to wish you a Very Happy Birthday!

• elimar
    Options

Some comments about using SAM-e:

1) Seyla888 was correct in her info. that it should not be used with anti-depressants.  I found this on the NatureMade website (FAQ section)...

Many antidepressant drugs work by increasing the levels of the neurochemical, serotonin. There is also evidence that SAM-e elevates the levels of serotonin as well. The concern is that too much serotonin in the brain can lead to significant side effects or the "Serotonin Syndrome". This could result from taking SAM-e together with an antidepressant, or shortly after discontinuing the drug but while there may still be residual amounts of it left in the body. 

2) The SAM-e is making my stomach hurt.  It hurt on the 3-4 days I tried it (taking it without food.)  Still hurts a little today and I have not taken any for 24 hours.  Will try again with food.  Will see if splitting the tab. in two is an option.

I can't give up trying things for my fibromyalgia, because I don't want to hurt for the rest of my life and the doctors have been unsuccessful for 5 years now.  Time to look for the online discussion boards for FM since it is more of a daily problem now than B/C is for me (even tho' not quite as beastly.)

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

e, I am on a thread here called something like: Anyone else have autoimmune disease before bc?

Check out my name and see where I've posted lately and it should show up in my recent posts. I am using that thread for my FM support. I have different threads for different reasons all here on bco!!

• elimar
    Options
    Barbe, I have been on that thread a few times and will go to it again (maybe one day read it from the start even!)  I don't know if there is any causal factor between autoimmune diseases and B/C (because so many women get B/C who don't have the other) but I can't help wondering if there is some kind of connection.
  • suebak
    suebak Member Posts: 31
    Options

Thank you all for the warm welcome. 

Kay1963-We may have passed at the pearlman center. My onco is Kevin Fox, surgeon is Dr. Brian Zarnicki.  Great drs, I really like them

Blondiex46-I too am having my rads done at Crozer, Penn was just too inconvenient for me.  I go for rads, then head right into the office.  My dr at Penn recommended a rad onc at Crozer and it is working out very well for me.  Great people down there.

JeanH-I had rad# 10 today. I still have a long way to go.

Elimar-I am not sure what S/E's are?

Cmblastic-thank you for the mimosa. When these treatments are all over, I am going to Las Vegas and going to have a few mimosas.  Something to look forward too.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    Options

My baby girl was married last weekend.I thought I would share a photo of this joyous occasion.

• kira1234
    kira1234 Member Posts: 754
    Options

mamyan, You daughter is gorgeous. Her dress is beautiful.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    Options

Mumayan, how beautiful! I agree with Kira, your daughter is gorgeous.

Is he a basketball player - just kidding - boy is he tall lol,

• elimar
    Options
    mumayan, your daughter makes a lovely June bride.  (Cute couple!)
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,856
    Options

Beautiful, Mumayan!

• jo1955
    Options

What a beautiful couple!!