Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Welcome suebak ~ Don't worry about starting a pity party too early in the day, I have started a party for one way before 7:30. Yell  I'm sorry you have to join us, but happy you have found us. I think you will like it here.

elimar ~ Peggy Lee !  Wink

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Eph my inlaws are taking me to lunch for my bday so I will defiantly fit it in.  Also I have to say my DH helped me alot today.  I could not have gotten that much done without his help.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Congratulations Sherryc......you did it.  It is indeed a rose petal. and here is the rose!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    Options

Happy Birthday Sherry!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

Happy, happy birthday!!! Sherry!!!

• chrissyb
    Options

Happy Birthday Sherry!  Hope you really enjoy your day!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Happy BDay, Sherry! Great job guessing a rose petal.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    Options

Happy Birthday Sherry!! can't believe how much canning you are doing!! I am impressed!! I wish I had the energy to even up a jar. . .

I was so sure that picture looked like the bottom of my foot--on a good day!! Rose petal, wow, and what a beautiful flower at that--I love that color of roses. Do you know the name of the variety? 

Suebak--we are all here to be a part of your pity party--somedays it hard to figure it all out--but just know you are not alone--we are all here to listen and tell you, you are not alone. Let me pour you a morning mimosa!! And what's a Sunday brunch without chocolate covered strawberrieschocolate strawberry 

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi Claire, sorry I don't know the variety....I took that photo ina garden I drive past each timeI go to the city to see my doc and one day the roses were so spectacular that I decided to stop and ask permission to photograph them.....the rest is history.....lol

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    Options

That's ok, I love roses, can't grow them for a hill of beans. I can kill them faster than any other plant. : (  But they sure are beautiful to look at--and one of the best smells ever!!

• chrissyb
    Options

I have roses in my garden as well and I think they are the best flower out.  I pick them and put them in the middle of my dinning room table and the smell wafts through the whole house......mmmmm....lovely!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Sherry - 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options

Sherryc,       Happy Birthday    Happy Father's Day (Husband)    Happy Father's Day (Your Dad)

and Congrats on your Big Win on the Weekend Mystery pic.  Your turn next Sat.

• elimar
    Options

Oh yeah, while you were cannning all those healthy vegetables, I was busy baking you a cake.  Heard you liked chocolate.  This one has a surprise marshmallow filling too.  Extra gooey!

Don't mind the lower right of this cake, where I dug a little of the icing off.  I thought you would not mind.  With as many brothers as you have, I bet it happened to a lot of your cakes over the years.

• jo1955
    Options

Eli - I haven't had breakfast yet - a piece of cake and glass of milk sounds good.

• reesie
    Options

Eggs, milk, flour... Chocolate cake for breakfast.

Daddy's great. He feeds us chocolate cake....

• elimar
    Options

MMMM, sounds good, jo!  But remember this is coming from a person who had to kick herself off the Eat Like A Bird (ELAB) thread, for failing to lose a "simple" five pounds.

That reminds me...Meece, oh Meece, where are you?  I heard she went to see DIL and the new Grandbaby down in the wildfires of Arizona.  Hope family is doing fine and all are safe.

• barbe1958
    Options

Meece has a new grandson Patrick!! 8 lbs 13.5 oz. They had an evacuation scare but I think they dodged that. I hope I didn't ruin the news, but I know a lot of you are waiting to hear and she is busy out of town.....

• chrissyb
    Options

She posted his pic on the Aweee thread.

• barbe1958
    Options

I saw it on the Garden Thread! What a big boy!!

• chrissyb
    Options

He's certainly an arm full!

• jo1955
    Options

Congrats to Meece on the new grandson.  I bet that one will be spoiled by grandma!

• elimar
    Options

Yes, she posted here too on page 395.  Was just hoping all was well since the fires are still raging.

As if enough wasn't going on already today, we've hit our milestone of 400 PAGESWoot-Woot! 

Still a crazy tilt-o-whirl of topics...

• jo1955
    Options
    Amazing - 400 pages and still going.  Eli -Thanks so much for starting this thread.
  • elimar
    Options

You are welcome, jo.  I know connecting with others in my age group was just the thing to get me through my treatment (and I have to give credit to the rads thread I joined also.)

The other day, I was reading someone's post and they mentioned there are too many forums, and they specifically said they did not get the age group ones.  To each their own.  If you are on this thread, I already know you do get it

Then another other day, I noticed a thread for just "40ish" women (and I'll give you one guess where that "ish" came from, but I am sure it was meant as the sincerest form of flattery.)  I think that thread appeals to some younger 40's, as one of them wrote that her mom is 60.  That stung a little, but as I lurked a few weeks later, the topics were no more youthful  than the ones here.  

I think as the thread gets bigger and bigger, it seems a little daunting for Newbies to jump in, but the ones who have joined us always do get a warm welcome and some special attention paid to wherever they are at in their journey.  We aren't all about being an exclusive club.  New b/c sisters always welcome.  

Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the other is gold. ~~ Some Old Proverb

• barbe1958
    Options

I like the age sections as I don't particularily want to discuss day-care, for instance. Or little kids...except grand kids!!!! So, to me, it does make a difference.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Options
  • leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    Options

meece - he is sooooo cute......

sherry - happy birthday, have a great one...also congrats on the mystery pic, very good guess

barbe - have to agree with ya, not really wanting to talk @ day care. Had mine early enough so I could enjoy this part of my life........except for this DAMN CANCER.....ruins everything.....trying to make the best of it though. How's your water situation going? Hopefully you'll have some soon. Wish I could help you out.

Why the hell can't one of us win the lottery so we could help each other out. That would be so nice. Believe me if I won I would definitely help you all out as much as I could. Not only do we get this crappy dx. It also sucks the pocket book dryer than the sierra desert.

• reesie
    Options

OMG Meece how adorable!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Meece, how adorable! Love babies!