Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options
    Well, jo, there is that procedure to take a$$-fat out via syringe and inject it into facial creases.  (Some of you might have seen the same thing I did some years ago, when Geraldo Rivera had this done on t.v.)   I guess if you can stand the jokes about it, it worked o.k.
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Jo and elilmar Dr. Khouri in Miami does it to build new boobs so why not the face too.

• elimar
    Options

But back to the original question...is there anything short of plastic surgery or injections that can really combat facial wrinkles? 

• elimar
    Options

But back to the original question...is there anything short of plastic surgery or injections that can really combat facial wrinkles? 

Mind you I am asking that as I head out to the deck to absord some natural Vit. D., but my face and chest have sunscreen on.  Want the sun's benefit, but not the wrinkles.

• Sherryc
    Options

elimar don't know of any but I don't really have wrinkles yet.  I have really good genes. My mother was a smoker for about 20 years and even with that never had wrinkles until she hit 70.  A few little lines but not what I would call wrinkles.

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    Options
     Well E, my best friend works for a  Dermatologist and for deeper lines it is filler only. However, micro-dermabrasions and Glycolic peels are awesome in that they generate some collagen and give a glowing complexion and there is no downtime or discomfort. People ususally tell me that I look younger and "have great skin". It is time for me to have upper lid surgery though because my eyes make me look very tired! I always wanted a face-lift when I got older but now I have to save that money for breast's, not how I ever thought I would spend my secret stash (:
  • Sherryc
    Options

I am heading out soon to go visit my youngest son and family.  A long 5 hour drive to get there.  Texas is just way to big. I'll post my picture on Saturday.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    Options

I'm home and resting DH is taking very good care of me.

Loved the first Footlose but not sure about a remake. Kevin Bacon is in the X Men First class as the bad guy. Kind a creeped me out though. I am looking forward to Cars2.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    Options

Reading & posting all in 1.

Paula66 - No hat/ No scarf/ No wig. Went commando everyday. I thought if they don't like the way I look....screw-em. I've been through enough. I'm gonna be comfy now. Besides where I work it gets @ 125* in there and I just @ die everyday it's that hot. Glad you decided to do what makes you happy.

Claire - drink looks very inviting & cool. I've always get charlie horsed. Have since I was @ 10-12 yrs. old. I always have to get up & walk them out.

Barbe - thanks for the tip @ Vit.E. Will have to try it. Always just suffered.

MJB - Thinking of you. Good luck. Get well soon.

OG56 - Kevin Bacon...yummy. My mind goes there everyday, but my body has only been there @ 3 x since dx.

Elimar - Wrinkles.......earned every one of them....gonna keep em.

Okay, don't know what's goin on, but my damn computer just got a mind of it's own. Will not do what I want. Damn thing. Hopefully it'll post.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

mjb - So glad you are home and surgery is over and that DH is taking care of you.  Hoping for a speedy recovery.  Sending very gentle hugs.

• elimar
    Options

mjb...

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

Love the lightning bugs.  It brings back so many memories.  All the nights spent catching them and finding a container for them.  I dont know how many spankings I got for poking holes in my moms tupperware lids, lol.  Also will save some of the gore details on some of the stuff the poor things meet at our hands.

MJB its good to see ya home and resting.  Take care!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

MJB, take a well-deserved nap today and know that we are all pulling for you. How do you feel today??? Relieved?

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    Options

My brother moved to PA a couple of years ago and that was the first time my SIL saw lightning bugs.  It was neat seeing the amazement on her face. 

It was such a fun and carefree time when we were younger - summer nights staying out late, collecting lightning bugs at dusk and playing kick the can late into the night.  There were 5 kids in my family and 6 across the street all in the same age groups - we had so much fun.

• Paula66
    Options

Reesie those were the days.  Our block had tons of kids too.  Our fav was flashlight tag.

• reesie
    Options

I remember in high school the one son in the family across the street had a crush on me (he was 1 year older) and kept trying to hide with me when we played flashlight tag.  I used to spend more time trying to hide from him than whoever was "it" LOL

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

The dusk as night fell, the grass cooled off. You could hear cats sqabbling that horrendous sound as if their guts were being ripped out. In the distance a dog barked and another answered. Street lights came on slowly, growing brighter as the darkness deepened. The pavement was still warm, but the sidewalks cooled quickly. You reached a point where you needed a sweater but didn't want to break the magic spell of watching night arrange itself around the houses in your neighbourhood....

...ah, the good ole days....sigh.

• elimar
    Options

Glad you enjoyed the pic.  We calls 'em fireflies around here.  I did not grow up with them, but my kids did.  I think for that reason I still enjoy their twinkliness every night, while my kids no longer take notice.  They are in my backyard right now and we usually have them for 4-6 weeks, then they seem to have a shift change with the cicadas.

Yes, my kids caught a good number of them over the years, usually in a jar with some holes poked in the metal lid.  Everytime we thought we poked the holes small enough, we always had a few that could escape onto the bedroom walls by morning.  Since we were strictly a catch and release operation, they only had to spend one night in captivity.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,857
    Options

I have a lot of fireflies/lightning bugs in my yards, front and back.  So lovely and peaceful to watch.  I sometimes spend hours just watching. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

We don't have fireflies here but I've been around them when visiting family in Oklahoma!  They are so cool!

• Sherryc
    Options

When we got to DS last night we were sitting outdid and I noticed all the lighting bugs. DS just built a new deck with a tiki hut bar. It is so nice he lives on a spring feed river. In west texas nights are dry and cool so much nicer than south Texas. Am currently sitting in the ER with DIL her mom got really sick with a bad stomach bug last night. Waiting to get her in a room and then we r heading to the store. She should come hm tomorrow

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Sherry - Hope your DIL's mom is okay and will recover very soon.  (((HUGS)))

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    Options

Good day ladies doing great today, had some lovely fruit and sandwich for lunch. Nice rest too.

Growing up in Kansas saw a lot of fireflies. My DS has seen a few in our area since it is a new development. He had a lot of buds growing up in the neighborhood playing freeze tag. During the summers saw a lot kids running around. Now their getting their drivers license.

• Huskerkkc
    Huskerkkc Member Posts: 471
    Options

Funny, I saw my first lightning bug of the the summer last night. Love to see them, but they favor a particular tree and when I mow they are not as fun as at night! As a kid, we also collected locust shells off the trees (gross huh!) or wear them like jewelry on our clothes. HA! But 90 miles west we don't have many of them. I miss that lulling buzz in the evening. What I do have now are the UP trains going by, just a few blocks away. When I first got married I thought I would never sleep because of the constant whistle (we have 75-90 trains go through daily/nightly), but now I don't even hear them. 

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    Options

I miss lightning bugs--we don't have them down here in Florida. We do have love bugs. Not the same. ICK.. Twice a year for about 3 weeks at a time, these silly bugs fly around really slow in full mating position. Attached. To each other. Love explaining that one to the kids! They mate and then they die. that is after they have plastered everyones cars with their  lovestruct bodies. Yep, I'll take lightning bugs any ol' day!!

• reesie
    Options

Sherry I hope your DILs mom is feeling better.

DH just went back to firefighting after taking a leave of absence for a couple of months to take care of me (he and my three kids are volunteers). The just got back from a call and it was funny listening to my DD lecture him because he skipped a call the other day (it was at 3:30 am).

Turns out on top of having to deal with her brother driving the engine (which of course she hates) the only other person that showed up was a probie so she got to be the officer in charge and the probie ( who happens to be my age) didn't listen to her. She reported him to her chief but then gave her Dad a good dressing down about skipping calls lol.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    Options

love lightening bugs as kids they are so much fun!!

• Paula66
    Options

Huskerkkc, you would have had a blast around here this month with all the cicadas around here.  Thousands of them. The noise was mind numbimg.  You would have really hit the jewelery department for sure.  They were the 13 yr ones, so they had to get busy and get there freak on so the could lay their eggs so in 13 yrs they can come back.  I will take the lightning bugs anyday.

• elimar
    Options
    I'm with you Paula66.  Mind numbing is a good word for the cicada sound, and I don't need anything else hampering my mind, really i don't.
  • elimar
    Options

Hey Middies, I know most of you circulate around the threads on here like I do.  Well, I have found one new thread, in particular, where it is a young girl of 26 who could use some support and understanding about her mom's condition.  The mom made a decision and the daughter is standing by that.  It a little more uncommon than most of the instances on here.  I have offered a few comments and directed her to check out the Stage IV forum also. 

This is a woman who would never make her way onto the thread here, but you gals are so caring (and some of you a lot more huggy than I am) that I wanted to bring it to your attention.  If any of you care to reach out, I am putting the link right here.

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/83/topic/770689?page=1#idx_9