Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Options

The mystery picture is be a sattelite picture of clouds over ther earth.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Options

not going to click the link to that story, and can't comment on what others might do .. it's so personal, and i get really frazzled when i think someone is making a bad decision so i'll stay out of that loop!!

mystery picture ... clouds coming in over water before a storm

eli - great pic of lightning bugs ... we have them where i live and i spent countless hours as a child (including last weekend!!!) catching them and releasing. to hold one in our hand, cupped, and see the light blinking is such a thrill :)

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

I've been running all over the house trying to find a jar & a lid I can punch holes into so I can capture the firefly.  Thanks E!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    Options

my guess is a Hoot Owl's chest.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

There's a huge difference in chosing treatment for a recurrence, or treatment at the onset!!! Deciding not to fight anymore is an honourable decision, deciding not to even try to fight is chicken shit. And to make your kids watch you die as you complain about it is SELFISH!!!!!!!!!

e - I DID buy the book. And have hidden if very deeply in my junk boxes. If anyone finds it after I pass, I hope they don't look up my name! Surprised I do write a lot, but not normally poetry, but shot one off very quickly as if to prove the 'call for admissions' wrong. But then when they said it was so good they wanted to publish it.....well!!!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options

And to make your kids watch you die as you complain about it is SELFISH!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if this is still an opinion based on the post I had mentioned, or a more general statement.  Just to clarify, in the situation/post I linked to, there was no complaining mentioned.

• barbe1958
    Options

Hmmm, the post I first read a couple of days ago, the mother had told her daughter that she had breast cancer but didn't want to have treatment as she watched her mother get so sick with chemo/rads. So the mother has now been showing the daughter how the cancer is growing out of her skin. That's not like a trophy or something. If you show someone your boo-boo, normally it is complaining. The daughter isn't complaining.....

I feel the mother should have kept her progression away from her daughter and quietly slipped away down the river Denile.....

• elimar
    Options

I understand where you are coming from.  Ultimately, I have drawn a different conclusion therefore have no qualms about responding to the daughter's post.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Where was this? I must have missed it.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    Options

BarbaraA it's a thread called " Scared for my mom and in the dark" in the not diagnosed but worried forum.

• barbaraa
    Options

Thanks. I'll check it out.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Options

when do we find out what the mystery pic is?  I forget whose pic it was!!

• leisaparis
    Options

It's Sherryc's. Maybe she's not home yet. She went to see her son. Hopefully soon, I'm very curious.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Well I finally made it home.  Ended up getting a virus last night and was up all night vomiting and diarrhea.  Poor hubby was up with me.  Luckily I had some phenergan and took three last night or no telling how bad I would have gotten.  DH had to get up and go to a convenience store to get me something for the diarrhea.  Finally got it under control enough tro where we could leave and come home.  Ended up stopping in San Antonio at an Urgent care center and had to have an IV and get meds and I had fever.  Left our sons at 10:30 this morning and finally made it home at 7:30 this evening.  Not a fun road trip. 

No one guess the picture.  But several came close.  The first one to get close was Elimar with fur of ahynea or wild indio and second to come close was Reese with dog animal fur.  It was actually cow fur from one of our cows we used to have. Here is a picture of it.  By the way this is a corriente cow that is used for roping.  That is why it is smaller and leaner.  Not a fat cow like what you eat.

So I guess Elimar gets to post the picture for next week.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Sherry - What a bummer but glad you got it taken care of and are feeling better. I would never that guessed the mistery pic.

• elimar
    Options

Sherryc, that sound like one long, drawn out road trip, and it is pretty bad when you have to make a "rest stop" for IV fluids!  Hope the visit with your son was great (up to the point of virus, anyway.)

So, I guess what your saying about that corriente cow, is it is kind of like the "wild dingo" of cows then.  (That one in your photo has a bad-a$$ look in his eye, like he is just waiting for the right time  to lead a cow rebellion. Just kidding, he is kind of cute.)  O.K., I'll take the win, even tho' I missed the bullseye, so to speak.  Will have to hunt something up for the next challenge next weekend, stay tuned.

• reesie
    Options

E you have me groaning here with all the puns.

Sherry glad you're feeling better

• leisaparis
    Options

sherryc - hope you had a good visit with your son. Sorry it has to end on such a sour note. Really good pic, never would have guessed it.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    Options

Oh the puns!! Made me giggle!! Sherry, that is one cow with an attitude!! Sorry your trip got hijacked with that nasty virus. Hope you are getting your strength back!

• reesie
    Options

This is so funny. I just found out that my surgeries are set for August 16 via facebook on a sunday. It was a private message but it made me laugh.

• reesie
    Options

Did I mention that I love facebook?

• jen_b
    jen_b Member Posts: 197
    Options

Hi I'm a newy to this site!

Just reading through the previous posts. 

What a great group of sisters. LOL  Laughing

• reesie
    Options

Hi Jen. Welcome! Just getting ready to leave for work here but thought I'd drop in.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

Hi Jen, welcome to the one of the best group of gals you will meet. 

• jo1955
    Options

Hi Jen!  Welcome to the best bunch of gals - they are full of information and support.  We do tend to have some fun along the way.

• barbaraa
    Options

Welcome Jen!

{{{JO}}} so sorry to hear you were so sick. Ugh!

• jo1955
    Options

Barbara - I wasn't sick - it was Sherry.  

Sherry - How are you feeling today?  (((HUGS)))

• barbe1958
    Options

Sherry, why do you need a cow for 'roping'. If you didn't have the cow, you wouldn't have to rope it....

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Options

Maybe it's the cow who is skilled at using the rope to get more cows, Barbe.

• elimar
    Options
    Greetings jen_b!   What kind of chemo are they having you do?  How are you holding up?