MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Reesie, you rad onc would probably really appreciate seeing what her work has done, but don't be surprised if she doesn't recognize you! She is one onc to you, but you are hundreds of patients to her. I think it would be very gratifying for her. What a gift you could give her as you reminded her of how she last saw you.

I wonder how they feel as they do their thing and then pop you off into the world to sink or swim.....Undecided

• suebak
    suebak Member Posts: 31

Hi ladies-Don't post much, just do a lot of reading.  I did introduce myself here and have been reading ever since.  You guys sure do seem like a fun group.  I just read someone saying they haven't done chores in 7 months and was just waiting for her DH to realize she is physically capable.  That is too funny.  This may sound terrible, but I have found myself using this cancer as much as possible, to my advantage of course. DH and I went to AC for a long weekend.  He hates losing/spending money, me, on the other hand, love to play slot machines.  He went and took money out of his bank account TWICE.  I am now wondering how much longer before he says OK, enough is enough.  I guess I will enjoy while I can. It is bound to come to a screeching halt sooner or later.  Have a great day all.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

suebak-obviously the machines weren't in tune to you.  Too bad.  I haven't tried gambling since the BC dx at somewhere like AC; play the state lottery every now & then but other than $4 here & there, nada!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Hi all and welcome to you new gals.  Im sorry we all have to come together over this.  These gals here will do thier very  best to answer whatever they can.  Just ask, and someone might be able to help. 

Sherry its go to see your getting better.  I hope it stays that way.

Have a great afternoon all.  Its back to the saltmines for me.  Lunch is over.Frown

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

suebak, fun is fun, and you are entitled to have some.  If we can get any "perks" out of our B/C, well, why not?  If it doesn't involve remortgaging the house or draining the retirement money, then it's all good, and if anyone hits it big, remember your B/C sisters.  Enjoy yourself!

p.s.  WARNING:  My sisters, do not approach the craps tables.  As just about everyone likes to call B/C a "crapshoot" (except me, and I wrote about that once) you have to realize that craps is NOT our game!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

OOOH, Suebak.  My DH hates to go to AC also, and I love it.  Next time, get his money, leave him home, and pick me up on the way.....

Edited to add:

That was me who hasn't done any chores, now I can go to AC while he does them Wink

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

Hi all. Having a little chemo brain this a.m., so welcome all newbies. Can't remember names I just read. Sorry you're here, but this is the greatest place to be. All these gals are great. Funny, smart and very intelligent & supportive @ all this cancer crap. Congrats to all those who had good scans / results or last treatments. Have a good day all.

• suebak

Eph3_12-I rarely play the lottery, but someone just mentioned this morning that the lottery if very high.  I may just have to try that tonight.  Maybe it is some kind of omen.  How nice would that be, I would quit my job and buy a house on the beach.  Dream on

Reesie-Next time, I will pick you up on the way.  I don't get there very often, like I said DH doesn't like to part with his money (lol)

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

suebak--don't bother with the lottery ticket!  The odds of winning are exactly the same no matter how big the pot, the only difference is that more people play so there is a greater chance that more than one person will pick the winning number combo and the pot will be split.  I was amazed to look at the odds of winning number I read on a lottery ticket one time.  I got lost after the 3rd or 4th comma! 

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Yarps welcome sorry for the reason. Everyone here has been a great support.

I got my drain out yea. I did get out finally drive around a bit. Went to the mall did buy a new skirt on sale and two tops half off. I did do something I have not done in a long time. Walked in to a Victoria Secret which may have been incredibly stupid given what I have just gone through but I did not feel anything, no regrets or remorse. Lots of pretty colors though. PS nurse said I can start wearing bras in a couple of days but no underwire. See PS in two weeks and then I think we are done.

• elimar

mjbmiller, I think you showed a lot of courage walking into that Victoria's Secret!

And I'm adding a happy dance to that, now that your drain is finally out!

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Thanks all one more to go tomorrow.  I can't wait till it is done.  I have numbness in hands and feet I hate that feeling.

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388

HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE - there is so much activity here.  I apologize in advance if I miss anyone.

Suebk/eli - hehehehehe.........so funny about the gambling.

Eli - thank you for the pina colada cupcake - it was cyberly delicious

Yarps - I am sorry for the circumstances, but welcome.

mjb - so glad you were able to get those nasty drains out.

I went in for 2 units of blood today thinking I'd be in and out in 4 maybe 5 hours.  It took a full 7 hours!!!! Wow!!! The last time I rec'd blood it didn't seem to take as long.  I guess they just wanted me around longer today.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Jenn

• reesie

Jenn it probably did take as long but you were so tired last time you didn't notice. This time you didn't feel as bad because your didn't wait as long to do it.

I know it always took me 6-7 hours when I got 2 units. Glad your done and feeling better.

Mjb -you go girl (as my DD would say.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Way to go MJB! 

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    ok stupid brain here, just wrote too much and paged forward and  then it --woops--disappeared.  DUHHHH!!! Anyway, welcome to all the newbies, you are in a safe place. Congrats to losing drains, ending chemo and getting good scan results. Thats all I remember. I think I need to go and make myself some chocolate something or others and wallow in self pity!!! Wink
  • elimar

cmblastic, your only a little mixed up...forget the self pity, and do your wallowing right in the chocolate, oh yeah!   Wouldn't it be great if chocolate was a remedy for chemo brain, or better yet a B/C maintenance "drug?" 

Now this may or may not be weird...since I am either close or actually in menopause now (and the Tamox. makes that more confusing) I really don't have the same craving for chocolate that I once had.  Like before, I had those cravings for chocolate as a regular part of my PMS, and without an actual cycle I know my chocolate consumption has been way down this year.  That does not mean that if you sat me down in front of a lava cake right now that I wouldn't make that disappear pretty darn quick.

Let us view the chocolatey goodness, mmmm!

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499

Well if you listen to Ruth on the Arimidex thread, dark chocolate cures everything. She takes a "dose" every day! Lots of phytochemicals and antioxidants....:)

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    posting to a few pages back.. Dualgate if you are on tamox you should be seeing gyn every 6 mos anyway, but if these symptoms came up after your last visit, by all means schedule an in-between visit. I agree with eli that it may just be from dryness and irritation - I had that a lot - but you just don't want to take chances while on Tamox.
  • marlegal
    Reesie - when I was done chemo and my hair was growing back, my hairdresser told me she wouldn't color it for at least 6-8 weeks because she had seen disatrous results on other patients with chemo-new-baby hair. By the time it was safe for me to color, I had rec'd so many compliments on the various shades of gray that I bagged it!! Of course, I was almost twice your age at the time and I'm sure that factored in.  Good luck hon.
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

mjbmiller congrats on getting the drains out and going shopping.  Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• reesie

Haha twice my age. Boy you must age very well Marlegal since your about 100 now lol. Thanks.

• marlegal

mjb, I hope you're feeling better today, and still better tomorrow.  gentle hugs

jenn, congrats on good scans!!!!

Jo, adding another wooo hooo for no appts till Sept :)

Lynn, hoooo rraaaahhhhh for last chemo :)

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

El, save me some of that chocolate cake it has been a very tough week.

Would any of you like a piece of fresh strawberry pie??

• marlegal

yarps, so sorry for your news, but so glad you found this thread on the boards ... we'll let you cry, but help you laugh too.  gentle hugs.

reesie, that would be awesome for you to go back!  I went back months later - I wore a wig or bald all through rads, so they all did a double-take when they saw me with my own hair.  It was good for me that they saw me "normal", and then I left and knew I never wanted to go back :)

Okay, I'm still two pages back but can't read any more tonight. If you posted on last two pages and thought I might respond, I'll catch you tomorrow or Friday!!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

carrollyn - The strawberry pie looks yummy! 

marlegal -  How are you doing these days?

• elimar

C-79, If only you could see the knife scratches on my monitor from trying to get a slice of that pie!

marlegal, to really stay caught up, you must forsake all household chores like the rest of us. Wink

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Hi everyone,

Congrats on new babies new sil(way back) birthdays, finishing treatments and welcome to all our newbies. This is a great forum you never know what is on the topic list for the day.

Popping in - I am about half way through rads :) tired but not overwhelming still working full time. Hair is definitely visible again but baby fuzz. I heard no coloring til 3" but have not asked yet.

MLB hope all is well.

Jean

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Hi ladies Up early last chemo yea.  After this move on to the next journey.

• suebak

Good morning everyone.  Does anyone know if rads can interfere with my monthly period.  I am having a hell of a time this month.  Usually very regular. This month, thought it was starting, then stopped.  Terrible cramps, sooo tired.  Had to lay down right after work yesterday.

17/34 today, half way there.  Have a great day all